(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does the GF still display gingerbread houses over the holidays? Any idea where I can find that information? Thanks!

Just back from our first stay at GF and it was great!

We had a late arrival on Tuesday night and had a room in Boca Chica..we opened the door and 1 minute later the MK fireworks started. It was a great way to start our trip!

We had visited GF before resort hopping for holidays says but never stayed there. The boat for MK was great...the busses not so much . Waited 40mins for HS bus one morning and the next day the AK bus was a 30min wait with the time pushing out so we got a Lyft for $12.

Only issues we had were that at check-in the room charge priveleges were not setup so had to go back to front desk.

Second issue was dining plan was not linked and front desk told us to call the disney dining # which I did from Epcot and was on he for about 30mins. They asked us what resort we were staying at..put me on hold and They called GF to straighten it out. 2mins later issue solved and dining said it was issue at check-in..not 100% sure what it was but a bit annoying to be in Epcot on hold.

GF is beautiful and all CM we met were very friendly. We have stayed at just about all the deluxe resorts and GF is in the top 2 (other being wilderness lodge)....we will definitely be back!

19 days to go for us! Made these reservations back in April and it seemed so far away. Can't believe it is almost here! This will be our first stay at the GF. We have rented points for a 2 bedroom villa.

The GF is amazing, you will love it! Have a great trip :wizard:.

Just booked a 2 bedroom standard view villas for 9-23 to 9-28 2019! We've visited the resort many times but this is our first time staying there. Very excited!

Congrats on booking your first GF stay! Have fun with all the planning :).

We had a late arrival on Tuesday night and had a room in Boca Chica..we opened the door and 1 minute later the MK fireworks started. It was a great way to start our trip!

We had visited GF before resort hopping for holidays says but never stayed there. The boat for MK was great...the busses not so much . Waited 40mins for HS bus one morning and the next day the AK bus was a 30min wait with the time pushing out so we got a Lyft for $12.

Only issues we had were that at check-in the room charge priveleges were not setup so had to go back to front desk.

Second issue was dining plan was not linked and front desk told us to call the disney dining # which I did from Epcot and was on he for about 30mins. They asked us what resort we were staying at..put me on hold and They called GF to straighten it out. 2mins later issue solved and dining said it was issue at check-in..not 100% sure what it was but a bit annoying to be in Epcot on hold.

GF is beautiful and all CM we met were very friendly. We have stayed at just about all the deluxe resorts and GF is in the top 2 (other being wilderness lodge)....we will definitely be back!

Sorry about the buses and the dining issues, but glad you had a great time and enjoyed your first GF stay :goodvibes.

Thanks for the report on the GF experience. Good news mostly but the bad news is that you will always want to return to the GF instead of the moderate resorts.

We stayed in the RPC two weeks ago. Room 4206 has a direct view of the castle and the boat slips. The staff in the lounge was wonderful! If you want a glass of wine before they put it out, just ask! I wanted one around 4:00pm and a CM happily got it for me. We saw a woman with a champagne each morning at breakfast.

The food was really good in the lounge. One morning they made fresh crepes. Another morning they made some kind of puff pastry drenched in cinnamon sugar that was delicious! The tomato soup was yummy and we ate a ton of the sun dried tomato pesto.

We were thrilled with our stay!

It's lovely to hear of the great experiences from recent posters. We are long-time GF fans. But, it does warm the cockles to know that there are newbies and recent converts to our little club!

Anyhoo, we are coming up to our 180-day mark. We have our ADR preferences in order, but have been musing over our choices for resort day fun. There have been many a day lazed away by the two pools, with benefit of cabana and without. Now, we notice a new 'cabana-lite' option at the Courtyard Pool. Is this option available for booking through DSS, or is this one item to book via CL concierge?

There is plenty of time for this particular pondering, I was just wondering out loud. :-)

It's lovely to hear of the great experiences from recent posters. We are long-time GF fans. But, it does warm the cockles to know that there are newbies and recent converts to our little club!

Anyhoo, we are coming up to our 180-day mark. We have our ADR preferences in order, but have been musing over our choices for resort day fun. There have been many a day lazed away by the two pools, with benefit of cabana and without. Now, we notice a new 'cabana-lite' option at the Courtyard Pool. Is this option available for booking through DSS, or is this one item to book via CL concierge?

There is plenty of time for this particular pondering, I was just wondering out loud. :-)

When I called DSS about the cabana, I was told the resort handled the Courtyard Pool rentals. I was planning on asking about it when we checked in as we are considering a second pool day. Hope this helps!

We arrive on November 20th (27 more days yahoo)! What decorations can we expect to see by that point? Really hoping the resort has some decorations up and we aren't too early to enjoy the holiday decorations.

Most everything should be in place by this time! FYI some of the parks have already got Christmas decor going up and it’s not even Halloween yet!!!

30 days to go!!!

Our magic bands should be arriving tomorrow! I am starting to get really excited now about our first stay at GF!

Enjoy your trip. GF is amazing. Walk the grounds, relax in the splendor and beauty. Also listen to the orchestra, and the boat dock is a great place to watch happily ever after, as well as the electric water parade.

Enjoy your trip. GF is amazing. Walk the grounds, relax in the splendor and beauty. Also listen to the orchestra, and the boat dock is a great place to watch happily ever after, as well as the electric water parade.
Thanks for the tip about the boat dock for Happily Ever After. That was one of the things we wanted to do and we have friends meeting us to watch Happily Ever After. I can’t wait!!!

If anyone is enjoying the GF right now, would love to see pics to get me even more excited than I already am! I need this trip so badly. Two weeks until my son's Bar Mitzvah, and 26 days until we arrive at the GF for our first visit :yay:

We arrive on November 20th (27 more days yahoo)! What decorations can we expect to see by that point? Really hoping the resort has some decorations up and we aren't too early to enjoy the holiday decorations.

We were down end of November last year and everything was up and running for Christmas. One of my favorite times of year at Disney.

If anyone is enjoying the GF right now, would love to see pics to get me even more excited than I already am! I need this trip so badly. Two weeks until my son's Bar Mitzvah, and 26 days until we arrive at the GF for our first visit :yay:

We drive down tomorrow and drop luggage at the Villas early Saturday before heading to MCO to pick up BIL/SIL. I’ll post some pictures late Saturday sometime unless our room is ready early. We’re due for some luck since it’s been after 6 pm the last 2 visits.

I have come to love spending arrival night at a DS hotel and walking over for dinner/shopping. I knock out gift buying first and know the budget damage! So many incredible eateries too.

1 day left!!

:ccat::tigger::ccat:

Hello! My family and I are longtime Disney fans, but upcoming trip will be a few firsts. I had a windfall from a freelance project and wanted to do something really special for my mom. So, we're going to the Dec. 4 Christmas party! I booked the Contemporary for Dec. 3 and 4, but then my husband convinced me to add another day so things wouldn't be so rushed...and we got a Grand Floridian room for that night! Mom has ALWAYS wanted to stay at the GF, and I'm so excited to take her.

We have an outer building, garden view room. I see they say "most" GF rooms have a balcony. Should I request a balcony, or would it be unusual not to get one? My mom would really like one. :) Any advice appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter