(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy Birthday! Disney is a perfect place to celebrate!pixiedust:

The website displays the same across all platforms but the app...:furious: It displays differently on my iPad than on my iphone and that’s different than the website! Just leaves me scratching my head. Magicbands have shipped so all is good hopefully....

I don’t get the addition of the Shop Parks and whatever the game thing is they recently added to MDE app. You’re at Disney for goodness sakes. Put the phone down and enjoy!

Disney IT aside, I am so ready to head down! Does anyone have any recent experience with cabanas or the new covered chair rental? I thought @trishadono or @GADisneyDad14 had posted something about them but I can’t find it now. Thanks for any help!
I have done the one at POLY if anybody stays there its the best value!!!

Hi! As of this past weekend, there were....

- The four regular cabanas at the Beach Pool (the ones that have been there a long time, were away after the hurricane last year for a bit, but appeared to about the same as always).

- Two umbrella-covered chair/couch/lounge areas at the Courtyard Pool. These have nice cushioned seating and an extra large umbrella covering. Not as private as a cabana and I’m assuming less frills.

Last time I was at GF (April 2017) there was also an umbrella-covered reserved area by the kids splash area, but that one was no longer there this time.

The two reserved seating areas at the Courtyard Pool are located here:

View attachment 353615

Unfortunately I don’t have details of the latest cost or amenities provided for either.

Hope that helps!

Thank you! We are the proud owners of a cabana on October 30th. Current prices for Halloween week are $158 half day and $265.19 full day including tax. The other “premium” seating at the Courtyard Pool is handled by the resort and not Recreation. Concierge was not sure how to reserve those.

I have done the one at POLY if anybody stays there its the best value!!!

:offtopic: 100% agree! We always grab a Pool Patio when we stay at the Poly. The CMs at the Oasis Bar always take good care of us too! :drinking1

I use google chrome and I'm also having problems with MDE. No MBs showing up and 1 of 3 Halloween party tickets are missing. I called the other day and the CM pulled up my account and said everything is showing up on their end, but it's still frustrating to not see it on my end. I just hope nothing messes up on their end between now and when we arrive in Oct because spending time trying to figure out their mess isn't something I want to do once there :sad2:.

Thats so annoying, I like seeing my plans on MDE. But I will tell you that there was a trip once when we traveled with 22 people and things weren't always perfect on MDE but I was assured that everything was perfect and it was. We didn't have not one problem anywhere!!! Hope this helps:goodvibes

Disney IT aside, I am so ready to head down! Does anyone have any recent experience with cabanas or the new covered chair rental? I thought @trishadono or @GADisneyDad14 had posted something about them but I can’t find it now. Thanks for any help!

We have rented Cabanas many many times. I have to keep my DD out of the sunny best I can, which I know sounds crazy for Florida but WDW and the GF make is possible.

We usually book the morning 1/2 which is 10-2 before going to the parks. If you have any question don't hesitate to ask. Also, I have not had the chance yet to use the areas in the courtyard pool but I think I heard that they are an all day booking and not as expensive.

Love the pictures! Is the construction on the Monorail causing any delays and what/where is the Summer House? I’m thinking showers/restrooms?

No, no monorail delays. Seems mostly all exterior work. There was some work going on in the car/bus/front entry way as well, but well disguised, generally speaking.

The Summer House is the small event building/area between Big Pine Key and the Beach Pool/Kid's Splash area. I don't know what's actually in the building, I assume just a bar and event kitchen (I'm not sure about that though)?

Thats so annoying, I like seeing my plans on MDE. But I will tell you that there was a trip once when we traveled with 22 people and things weren't always perfect on MDE but I was assured that everything was perfect and it was. We didn't have not one problem anywhere!!! Hope this helps:goodvibes

Yes, it does help. Thanks for easing my mind :).

Wow 22 people.....that had to be a little bit of a challenge to plan...lol. Bet it was an awesome trip ;).

I was nervous because I had about 8 adrs that I was sure I had canceled but were still showing up on my mde. I called yesterday and indeed, all of them were canceled according to the CM on the phone. She said that later Sunday all the issues were supposed to be cleared up

Happy Birthday! Disney is a perfect place to celebrate!pixiedust:

The website displays the same across all platforms but the app...:furious: It displays differently on my iPad than on my iphone and that’s different than the website! Just leaves me scratching my head. Magicbands have shipped so all is good hopefully....

I don’t get the addition of the Shop Parks and whatever the game thing is they recently added to MDE app. You’re at Disney for goodness sakes. Put the phone down and enjoy

We rented a cabana in August. It was a great place to drop our stuff but I’m surprised we didn’t use it as much. The fridge was stocked with soft drinks and water and then there was a basket full of chips, cookies and some treats. I believe some fruit was brought out. We ordered some drinks and food and the attendant brought it out too. What questions can you think of?

I was nervous because I had about 8 adrs that I was sure I had canceled but were still showing up on my mde. I called yesterday and indeed, all of them were canceled according to the CM on the phone. She said that later Sunday all the issues were supposed to be cleared up

My MDE app was back to normal with all phantom cancelled dining reservations gone. :yay: Fingers crossed it stays.

We rented a cabana in August. It was a great place to drop our stuff but I’m surprised we didn’t use it as much. The fridge was stocked with soft drinks and water and then there was a basket full of chips, cookies and some treats. I believe some fruit was brought out. We ordered some drinks and food and the attendant brought it out too. What questions can you think of?

Thank you for the offer to answer inquiries!

We are 4 adults and I see 2 loungers per cabana. Is the seating inside comfy enough to stretch out and read? Would they frown on pulling another lounger from the non reserved area? I’ll dip in the pool a bit but just be relaxing for the most part. I’m wondering if there will be enough lounge seating for all.

Thanks again.

My MDE app was back to normal with all phantom cancelled dining reservations gone. :yay: Fingers crossed it stays.

Thank you for the offer to answer inquiries!

We are 4 adults and I see 2 loungers per cabana. Is the seating inside comfy enough to stretch out and read? Would they frown on pulling another lounger from the non reserved area? I’ll dip in the pool a bit but just be relaxing for the most part. I’m wondering if there will be enough lounge seating for all.

Thanks again.

So the two main loungers were outside the cabana. I think you could pull some chairs over but not another lounger, there wouldn’t be room unless you requested the furthest away one which I believe might have a little more room to the side but you lose a direct view of the pool. We had 7 people total- 3 adults, 2 teens (who are the size of adults) and two kids and there was plenty of room to sit inside no problem. You could probably stretch out on the couch, wouldn’t be as comfortable as the lounger but could be done. Now I’m wishing I wouldn’ve taken some pics to share!

So the two main loungers were outside the cabana. I think you could pull some chairs over but not another lounger, there wouldn’t be room unless you requested the furthest away one which I believe might have a little more room to the side but you lose a direct view of the pool. We had 7 people total- 3 adults, 2 teens (who are the size of adults) and two kids and there was plenty of room to sit inside no problem. You could probably stretch out on the couch, wouldn’t be as comfortable as the lounger but could be done. Now I’m wishing I wouldn’ve taken some pics to share!

I agree with @tvsdisney. This pic is from April 2017 so a touch dated, but the same setup generally applies. There's just not much room to add another lounger as the other cabanas are close, just to the left and right of this image.
View from Cabana.JPG

This was the inside... again, from April 2017 so the furniture now could be different - I'm not sure. But I suspect it's generally similar.
Inside Cabana.JPG

I agree with @tvsdisney. This pic is from April 2017 so a touch dated, but the same setup generally applies. There's just not much room to add another lounger as the other cabanas are close, just to the left and right of this image.
View attachment 354120

This was the inside... again, from April 2017 so the furniture now could be different - I'm not sure. But I suspect it's generally similar.
View attachment 354121

I’ll also add they might have moved the planters because I remember there wasn’t much room to move out of the space with the loungers and the massive plants in the way.
Also the inside look pretty consistent witn what we had in August. I think the two single chairs might have been replaced with some more comfortable cushioned ones.

Oh rpc had bushes to block off the ends of the atrium floors 3-5. I assume so you couldn't see them working on the monorail. ( the bushes where on the right and left sides where the windows go to the mono side)

I do like to walk the whole way around but since I've stayed before it was t a big deal. There are 2 smoking balconies now so again that wasn't affected.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter