(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing i like about villas is that there is a REAL coffeemaker. I bring a baggie of coffee or a can for longer trips from home. Thats a nice perk to have my morning or afternoon beverage in that beautiful kitchen or out on the balcony.

Also dont forget you have a frig so some beverages you may be able to grab the night before and just store.

I usually get some wine for my villa stays. There are actual glass wine glasses in the cabinets! Also the kids get cookies and cupcakes and me make our own "Club level" that way.

I’ve been struggling with a last puzzle piece for my Halloween trip and you just reminded me of the full kitchen/fridge in the 2 bedroom villas. Thank you! We have a California Grill Brunch our first Sunday and I didn’t want to have a breakfast and spoil it. My SIL and BIL are big breakfast eaters so I need to give them a little something and I’d prefer not leaving the room. (We have a lake view so we should use that balcony right?). Now the decision is healthy or something from Amorette’s or Sprinkles......

Page two rescue.....

Hey GF fans..what are you all up to today...Hopefully grand planning...:flower:

Doing laundry, ironing (yes, I iron our clothes before I pack them!) & starting to pack. YC CL on Saturday then on to RPC on Wednesday! :goodvibes

Oh, also texting with family at Disney now— walking onto almost everything at Epcot today, even with morning EMH. :thumbsup2

I’ve been struggling with a last puzzle piece for my Halloween trip and you just reminded me of the full kitchen/fridge in the 2 bedroom villas. Thank you! We have a California Grill Brunch our first Sunday and I didn’t want to have a breakfast and spoil it. My SIL and BIL are big breakfast eaters so I need to give them a little something and I’d prefer not leaving the room. (We have a lake view so we should use that balcony right?). Now the decision is healthy or something from Amorette’s or Sprinkles......
Or the quiche from France in Epcot!

Can anyone tell me if they have recently stayed in SL, what toiletries are provided? Will they replenish these daily? Heading there for Thanksgiving and trying to plan a super light packing job so would love to leave as much as I can at home if the hotel is providing toiletries.

Thanks!

Page two rescue.....

Hey GF fans..what are you all up to today...Hopefully grand planning...:flower:

Hello my friend!! I see a Christmas trip is in your horizons. One day I'll get there to see it, probably when DD graduates from college so we can go the first week of December. But right now thats prime time for getting ready for finals.:sad2:

Doing laundry, ironing (yes, I iron our clothes before I pack them!) & starting to pack. YC CL on Saturday then on to RPC on Wednesday! :goodvibes

Oh, also texting with family at Disney now— walking onto almost everything at Epcot today, even with morning EMH. :thumbsup2

I am the same way, I iron everything too!!! Have a great trip sounds like its going to be magical!!:wizard:

We stayed club level this past May and had a Keurig coffee maker in our room. We will be back there in three weeks, but will be in a standard garden view room.

Do the non-club level rooms have the Keurig coffee makers? I would love to bring my pumpkin spice k-cups.

Hey!! DH And I were just talking about how we cannot wait to get back next year! It truly is our favorite place to be! :cloud9:

It is a wonderful resort!! :lovestrucWe are hoping the same for next year...and another Poly over the 4th ..sorry we didn't get to say Hi this past summer!

Woohoo..almost time...:dance3:...I am an ironer too...

Ooh..sounds terrific..nothing like low crowds to make a WDW trip more magical...

Get the lounge all warmed up for me then I arrive the 16th RPC:daisy:

:cheer2:..hurry and get there..please...I'm in need of some pics...:thumbsup2

Hello my friend!! I see a Christmas trip is in your horizons. One day I'll get there to see it, probably when DD graduates from college so we can go the first week of December. But right now thats prime time for getting ready for finals.:sad2:

Hey you!! :hug:...Yes..and it's DD and I...we are so excited to kick off the Christmas season Disney style! :santa: Hopefully in the future we can be doing some mother daughter trip planning together! Every year they add some more new and fun things to do..or to eat lol...

~ Speaking of the holidays...I know its still only September...lol..but I wonder when the GF will start getting all decorated in its holiday finery!?? We loved the fun magic shots that you could get via the photo pass photographer the last few years right infront of the gorgeous tree in the GF lobby ...:)

I iron as well...lol. Safe travels on Saturday. Hope you have a great time and enjoy both YC CL and RPC :cloud9:.

I arrive the 16th RPC:daisy:

Have a great time :).

One day I'll get there to see it, probably when DD graduates from college so we can go the first week of December.

It will be worth the wait as Disney during the holidays is amazing! :santa:

I am the same way, I iron everything too!!! Have a great trip sounds like its going to be magical!!:wizard:

Woohoo..almost time...:dance3:...I am an ironer too...

Ooh..sounds terrific..nothing like low crowds to make a WDW trip more magical...
.:)

Ha! I knew I wasn’t the only ironer!! My DH thinks I’m nuts. But I can’t be comfortable looking like a wrinkly mess! :rotfl2:

We’re meeting family for a few days at YC & celebrating our 40th anniversary. It doesn’t get much better than this! We’re very lucky folks. And since Disney released new DAH dates today, I can start planning next years trips as soon as I get home. Luckily my DH only thinks I’m nuts for ironing, but he’s totally onboard with frequent Disney trips!! :thumbsup2

It is a wonderful resort!! :lovestrucWe are hoping the same for next year...and another Poly over the 4th ..sorry we didn't get to say Hi this past summer!

It’s ok!!! Totally understand! We’ll be back at DW for the 4th again, but will be at GF! Maybe we’ll get to meet then! (Close enough, right? LOL) Enjoy all the planning ahead!!! PS - from the looks of your ticker, looks like we’re going to be in DW around the same time in November!!!)

Last edited:
We stayed club level this past May and had a Keurig coffee maker in our room. We will be back there in three weeks, but will be in a standard garden view room.

Do the non-club level rooms have the Keurig coffee makers? I would love to bring my pumpkin spice k-cups.

Yes, my family loved the Keurig maker in the room. We didn't bring our own coffee but the housekeeping keep us full the whole trip without even asking. We used our refillable mugs instead of the coffee mugs.

Hey you!! :hug:...Yes..and it's DD and I...we are so excited to kick off the Christmas season Disney style! :santa: Hopefully in the future we can be do:)ing some mother daughter trip planning together! Every year they add some more new and fun things to do..or to eat lol...

Hey there my friend....I would love that!! I keep telling my DD we should do that one day, my DH and DS are always going off with family on guy trips. College keeps getting in the way, but she's almost done.

I think we're going for a long trip the week of July 4th 2019, anything I should know of schedule for? Or stay away from? We have gone in early July but only as early as the 5th.

Ha! I knew I wasn’t the only ironer!! My DH thinks I’m nuts. But I can’t be comfortable looking like a wrinkly mess! :rotfl2:

We’re meeting family for a few days at YC & celebrating our 40th anniversary. It doesn’t get much better than this! We’re very lucky folks. And since Disney released new DAH dates today, I can start planning next years trips as soon as I get home. Luckily my DH only thinks I’m nuts for ironing, but he’s totally onboard with frequent Disney trips!! :thumbsup2

Happy Anniversary!!! What an amazing way to celebrate!!

It’s ok!!! Totally understand! We’ll be back at DW for the 4th again, but will be at GF! Maybe we’ll get to meet then! (Close enough, right? LOL) Enjoy all the planning ahead!!! PS - from the looks of your ticker, looks like we’re going to be in DW around the same time in November!!!)

I'll ask you the same as I asked BlueSkies.....Is there anything should I know about the week of the July 4th? Anything to see or stay away from? I heard that the fireworks are displayed the 3rd and the 4th.

Anyone ever arrange to have a custom gift basket delivered to your room prior to check-in? We are arriving the Tuesday of Thanksgiving week, staying in Sugarloaf and I wanted to surprise the kids with a fun basket of treats and maybe some pins and a plush waiting. Has anyone done this?

Anyone ever arrange to have a custom gift basket delivered to your room prior to check-in? We are arriving the Tuesday of Thanksgiving week, staying in Sugarloaf and I wanted to surprise the kids with a fun basket of treats and maybe some pins and a plush waiting. Has anyone done this?

I’ve done this a couple of times. I went through Disney to put the “baskets” together. I can’t remember for sure... maybe the florist?

For my two youngest children’s first trip we had a little something , candy & a balloon and Mickey ear hats embroidered with their names.

As a “thanks for joining us” gift for my in laws I did a Mickey themed reusable tote (with insulated section) that was filled with Disney themed treats and fresh fruits.

All were nicely done and such a fun surprise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter