(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does it take forever to get your room in the DVC building?? This will be our first DVC stay at VGF? Was hoping to be able to get ready for MNSSHP in our room...
Not really.

If you take the mono back just either follow the building outside to the covered pathway OR cut through lobby and out the far right doors to the covered pathway. Then just follow it to the building, which is small and rooms are all relatively close to the elevator.

Not really.

If you take the mono back just either follow the building outside to the covered pathway OR cut through lobby and out the far right doors to the covered pathway. Then just follow it to the building, which is small and rooms are all relatively close to the elevator.
No I meant on check in day, does it take forever to get into your room...lol

No I meant on check in day, does it take forever to get into your room...lol

Unfortunately, it can. Check in time is 4:00 PM since the units are larger, are not cleaned daily, and require more time to clean than the normal hotel rooms. It's not unusual to wait later than 4:00 PM (we've had to wait until 6:00 or even 7:00 or later on rare occasions) for your room to be ready. On other occasions it's been ready early in the afternoon, such as when we stayed at VGF last February!

So you might want to have a plan B in mind for changing into your MNSSHP costumes. Sorry.

:wave2:Hi all, We are very excited and checking into a 2 BDR villa this Thursday for a week.
Has anyone gotten early breakfast room service in the villas? I’d really like to surprise the gang with real food
At 6 am one morning when they need to be out the door at 7 am for rope drop! But if it tends to be late, there is no point. Any help/ experience appreciated.

:wave2:Hi all, We are very excited and checking into a 2 BDR villa this Thursday for a week.
Has anyone gotten early breakfast room service in the villas? I’d really like to surprise the gang with real food
At 6 am one morning when they need to be out the door at 7 am for rope drop! But if it tends to be late, there is no point. Any help/ experience appreciated.

I can't help with room service, but wanted to say I hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

DH and myself just booked a Grand Floridian garden room for September 30- October 5. Made my fast passes. I knew I would not be able to book Slinky Dog, Flight of Passage, or Seven Dwarfs Mine train, but I was able to book all of our other favorites. I even snagged a Be Our Guest lunch reservation for October 4th. I also booked us a wine pairing luncheon at the food and wine festival. I was able to book French Family Traditions for us. We lost our reservation for this two years ago when hurricane Matthew hit Florida. I can't wait!!!

We are also planning to convert our tickets to annual passes. If anyone has done this, please let me know what I need to do. Magic Kingdom is our first park and this is on day 1 of our trip. This will be a great birthday trip for me.
. party:

Last edited:
DH and myself just booked a Grand Floridian garden room for September 30- October 5. Made my fast passes. I knew I would not be able to book Slinky Dog, Flight of Passage, or Seven Dwarfs Mine train, but I was able to book all of our other favorites. I even snagged a Be Our Guest lunch reservation for October 4th. I also booked us a wine pairing luncheon at the food and wine festival. I was able to book French Family Traditions for us. We lost our reservation for this two years ago when hurricane Matthew hit Florida. I can't wait!!!

We are also planning to convert our tickets to annual passes. If anyone has done this, please let me know what I need to do. Magic Kingdom is our first park and this is on day 1 of our trip. This will be a great birthday trip for me.
. party:
There is a great thread “all about tickets and upgrades” by Robo. It has everything about upgrading.
I just did this 3 weeks ago while I was a Disney for a conference. Unless you bought your tickets directly from Disney you have to upgrade at a Guest Relations window at one of the parks or Disney Springs. If you bought direct from Disney, you may be able to do it on the phone.
Robo’s Thread can give you costs and phone numbers. It was a GREAT help to me!
Have a fabulous stay!

I will be at the Grand in late October for the first time. I always go in December for Christmas decorations. Will the Grand and other resorts have fall decorations. Will the parks have special things I should see. I will not be going to the party at the Magic Kingdom. Thanks.

. party:

Glad you were able to get your FP favorites! I upgraded to an AP in June and did it at city hall in MK :).

You're welcome :flower3:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!