(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We just switched from BC to GF for our Nov trip! The only non CL room they had was Lagoon View. Is this a good thing? The top of my request list is we don’t want to be by noisy areas like game room/elevators/etc. pool noises or music is totally ok and welcome actually. We have a little one who will need sleep so being away from late night partying and elevators would be nice. We are SO excited! Any special things to do at GF that I should look into for our daughter?

Good morning fellow GF fans! ~ A heads up for AP holders ..in case you don't already know...lol...AP offer has been released..finally... for the "holiday season" mid October thru late December...Good luck to anyone looking to book a trip...slim pickings for the dates that we were looking for...have a trip booked but but we are looking to get additional days for a split stay..soooo....we will just keep trying....:thumbsup2

Last year i did an outer bldg gv room. I checked in and asked what room # was. I keep the room number maps in my purse for arrival. I instantly knew i was in BC behind the pool house so nicely asked if another room was available. I still got BC but a 4th floor with full balcony and great view!

Use this:

https://touringplans.com/hotel_maps/disneys-grand-floridian-resort

Even if you just learn the 1st digit is building # and 2nd digit is the floor that helps alot.

4 Rpc
5 Sago
6 SL
7 Conch
8 BC
9 BPK
I also only write down numbers from each end of the building as a quick snapshot of it. OH and one side will be all even # and other side all odd so its good to know that. For ex if you get an odd room at BC that faces the lagoon.

Trish That list of the building numbers is very helpful! Great idea posting it!:goodvibes as well as reference numbers for the building layouts...

As for the room number list...:blush:....like you..I might have quite an extensive one...lol...::yes:::laughing:..

We just switched from BC to GF for our Nov trip! The only non CL room they had was Lagoon View. Is this a good thing? The top of my request list is we don’t want to be by noisy areas like game room/elevators/etc. pool noises or music is totally ok and welcome actually. We have a little one who will need sleep so being away from late night partying and elevators would be nice. We are SO excited! Any special things to do at GF that I should look into for our daughter?

Congrats on your upcoming GF stay!! :goodvibes..LV rooms have a great view of the ..lagoon!! Also the Poly if you are in Big Pine Key..I do believe that the two outer building with LV rooms are BPK and also Boca Chica...If being in a quiet location is most important then I would list that on the reservation ( quiet area/not near elevators)...There are some rooms in both of those buildings that have views obstructed by the pool house...but I think if you request upper floor it would solve that... although...some of the upper floor rooms are dormer rooms..and the balcony in enclosed..as opposed to the open railing..these do generally have high vaulted ceilings...there are very differing views on these rooms...people either love them or they hate them...I personally think that they are charming...YMMV...

One thing that I would suggest is watching the Electrical Water Pageant right from your balcony...take time to enjoy the ambiance that the lobby at the GF offers...the music in the evenings is wonderful...and also with a little one ..there is the Princess Promenade in the afternoons also in the GF lobby ... There are tea parties..both a children's one..and the another just classic afternoon tea in the Garden View Tea Room...my DD and I have enjoyed this many times over the years... and I highly recommend it! Stop in Gasparilla's ..grab an ice cream...and enjoy watching the fireworks from the marina area is another suggestion..ice cream optional of course...lol....Whatever you do just take the time to enjoy this lovely resort!

Hope that everyone is having a wonderful Wednesday! :earsgirl:

Good morning fellow GF fans! ~ A heads up for AP holders ..in case you don't already know...lol...AP offer has been released..finally... for the "holiday season" mid October thru late December...Good luck to anyone looking to book a trip...slim pickings for the dates that we were looking for...have a trip booked but but we are looking to get additional days for a split stay..soooo....we will just keep trying....:thumbsup2

Trish That list of the building numbers is very helpful! Great idea posting it!:goodvibes as well as reference numbers for the building layouts...

As for the room number list...:blush:....like you..I might have quite an extensive one...lol...::yes:::laughing:..

Congrats on your upcoming GF stay!! :goodvibes..LV rooms have a great view of the ..lagoon!! Also the Poly if you are in Big Pine Key..I do believe that the two outer building with LV rooms are BPK and also Boca Chica...If being in a quiet location is most important then I would list that on the reservation ( quiet area/not near elevators)...There are some rooms in both of those buildings that have views impeded by the pool house...but I think if you request upper floor it would solve that... although...some of the upper floor rooms are dormer rooms..and the balcony in enclosed..as opposed to the open railing..these do generally have high vaulted ceilings...there are very differing vies on these rooms...people either love them or they hate them...I personally think that they are charming...

One thing that I would suggest is watching the Electrical Water Pageant right from your balcony...take time to enjoy the ambiance that the lobby at the GF offers...the music in the evenings is wonderful...and also with a little one ..there is the Princess Promenade in the afternoons also in the GF lobby ... There are tea parties..both a children's one..and another classic afternoon tea in the Garden View Tea Room...my DD and I have enjoyed this many times over the years... and I highly recommend it! Stop in Gasparilla's ..grab an ice cream...and enjoy watching the fireworks from the marina area is another suggestion..ice cream optional of course...lol....Whatever you do just take the time to enjoy this lovely resort!

Hope that everyone is having a wonderful Wednesday! :earsgirl:
:wave2: Blue

Hello, My family will be staying at GF CL (Sugarloaf) in less than a month. Does anyone know if Sugarloaf is still under renovations? If so, is it open? What was renovated? Thanks!

Hello All!
We are leaving for Disney World this Thursday! We are staying at the Grand Floridian for the first time.

Safe travels tomorrow! Hope you have a great time and enjoy the GF :wizard:.

Hello, My family will be staying at GF CL (Sugarloaf) in less than a month. Does anyone know if Sugarloaf is still under renovations? If so, is it open? What was renovated? Thanks!

I can't answer your questions, but wanted to say I hope you have a great trip :goodvibes.

There hasn’t been any recent reports of what actually was happening inside SL, on the exterior it seemed to be refinishing and repainting.

Have a wonderful trip and take some pics and report back if you get a chance!!! I know many (myself included) have been curious of what has been happening at SL!!!

102 days to go for us!!!!!!!!!!!

Depending on when you go to bed that Electrical Water Pageant can be VERY loud! That thing goes around pretty late, sometime 10, 1030 at night. Drove us crazy!

592E1233-C801-4D66-B39E-A312C407C92F.jpeg 0CD00D2C-25A7-4F3D-A8C6-C5EE8B19C232.jpeg
The princess promenade !

It’s in the lobby at either 3:30 or 3:45 and the days it’s done varies . Ask in lobby.

It’s free and awesome !

They ask for volunteers to meet on 2nd floor ,then Cinderella and Prince charming march down the stairs with the kiddos in tow. Then they do a waltz. :)

Still under refurbishment...but should open soon...early September from what I understand...interior painting including the atrium area and ceilings...and work on the air conditioning system?? It that is correct...I asked about it when we were there last....

I too would enjoy seeing any pics that you would like to share! Have a great trip...

There hasn’t been any recent reports of what actually was happening inside SL, on the exterior it seemed to be refinishing and repainting.

Have a wonderful trip and take some pics and report back if you get a chance!!! I know many (myself included) have been curious of what has been happening at SL!!!

102 days to go for us!!!!!!!!!!!

I actually just posted about this yesterday...:thumbsup2..Its in my big long post towards the bottom....lol..

102 days...:dance3: Hope the time flies

Trish Fab photos! That Princess Promenade was such a great addition of things to do at the GF! I enjoyed watching it...very magical! Especially if you are a prince or princess!

Depending on when you go to bed that Electrical Water Pageant can be VERY loud! That thing goes around pretty late, sometime 10, 1030 at night. Drove us crazy!

Just curious which room category that you were in....I never realized the the EWP was that loud and could be heard in the rooms....but we have only stayed in CL rooms at the GF...while watching it as we often do from the boat dock it has never seemed that loud....I think it generally passes the GF at about 9:15..but sometimes those times do change.... I must admit ..I am a huge fan. and think its truly a WDW classic!

Just curious which room category that you were in....I never realized the the EWP was that loud and could be heard in the rooms....but we have only stayed in CL rooms at the GF...while watching it as we often do from the boat dock it has never seemed that loud....I think it generally passes the GF at about 9:15..but sometimes those times do change.... I must admit ..I am a huge fan. and think its truly a WDW classic!
Lake view DVC room. It was so loud and could be heard with the door shut and everything.

I was worried about the same thing...we are checking in 9/1-9/15
Maybe we will see you there

Wow. 3 Times a year! Tell us where you prefer to stay with the GF property. Any tips you have?

My husband and I always stay at the DVC villas in a one or two bedroom villa. The two bedroom lock off villas are nice. Our family can have their own front door, refrigerator, sink, coffee pot and microwave.

We are retired, this is our vacation home. We could have bought a condo but we love being pampered at the Grand.

We always book a standard villa because we love the courtyard fountain and we can see the fireworks from our patio.

I love to ask the band in the evening to play Take Five from Dave Brubeck’s album Time Out. They do an excellent job and everyone claps when they are done.

I don’t even have to ask Wes the pianist what to play. He knows I love Debussy’s, Clair de lune and Beethoven’s, Moonlight Sonata.

I always make dinner reservations when I’m at the Grand. I want it to feel like home. The Grand Floridian Cafe always has times available.

We only go into the parks for a couple of hours each day because we are there so much. We love the fireworks.

My family loves resort hopping to the Polynesian for Dole Whip. The Contemporary for the top of the DVC villas. The Wilderness Lodge for sitting in front of the fireplace. The Beach Club for the ice cream shop, Beaches and Cream and the Boardwalk for the entertainers.

I’ll add more things as I think of them.

View attachment 343982 View attachment 343983
The princess promenade !

It’s in the lobby at either 3:30 or 3:45 and the days it’s done varies . Ask in lobby.

It’s free and awesome !

They ask for volunteers to meet on 2nd floor ,then Cinderella and Prince charming march down the stairs with the kiddos in tow. Then they do a waltz. :)

I'm going to have to remember this when we're there in Oct...my niece will love it! We're not staying at the GF, but we'll be close at the Poly :goodvibes.

Hi everyone!

We still stay at the Grand three times a year for a week. This year we are staying in October for the first time for our daughter’s 50th Birthday. We have always wanted to see the fall decorations.

October is a great time to go with all the great fall decorations, not to mention the weather which is usually nice and comfortable. Hope you have a great time :).

we are checking in 9/1-9/15

Have a great trip! :wizard:

I just called signature services and the cast member called over to GF and she was told that the Sugarloaf building is closed. Work is scheduled to finish the last week of August. If for some reason it's not finished in time, then they will put us up in the main building or as close as possible with access to Royal Palm. I would assume that's what would happen. I hope I do get bumped to the main building, it would be a nice upgrade. ::yes::::yes::::yes:::thumbsup2:thumbsup2

But with my luck they'd put us in Conch Key and we'd have to walk a mile for an espresso. :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Last edited:
Does it take forever to get your room in the DVC building?? This will be our first DVC stay at VGF? Was hoping to be able to get ready for MNSSHP in our room...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter