(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
What kind of room location request did you make when staying at Main Building for standard rooms (club level)?

My family plans on staying GF next year for the first time ever. We are usually the family that stays at POP and are fine with it, but next year will be our last trip for a few years so we are splurging quite a bit to make it work. It will be four adults and two little ones. We are thinking of booking a Deluxe Room - Outer Building - Garden View. Everything I’m reading says the Deluxe rooms are in the Main Building though? And since we are used to two rooms at POP we are hoping this one room will be big enough since it’s almost double in size?

Thanks for any input you can give!

All the rooms in the main building for the GF are RPC (club level) rooms. The outer buildings are mostly non-club room, with the exception of one building.

My family plans on staying GF next year for the first time ever. We are usually the family that stays at POP and are fine with it, but next year will be our last trip for a few years so we are splurging quite a bit to make it work. It will be four adults and two little ones. We are thinking of booking a Deluxe Room - Outer Building - Garden View. Everything I’m reading says the Deluxe rooms are in the Main Building though? And since we are used to two rooms at POP we are hoping this one room will be big enough since it’s almost double in size?

If you go to post 5 on the first page of this thread (sorry I'm on my phone so I can't link you) there are links at the very beginning of that post to a few photos of that room configuration. They are the rooms located in the turrets of the outer buildings and have a small sitting area. You won't get a main building room unless you book club level, so that's why the location of "outer building" is specified on that room category.

What kind of room location request did you make when staying at Main Building for standard rooms (club level)?

Our request was to be on floor four or five and no connecting room. We were given an amazing King room on the fourth floor that had a huge wrap around balcony with a view of the pool, monorail, lagoon, and Polynesian. It was on the atrium side and we loved it. We could hear the music in our room (stops at 10:00); which was so relaxing. We never heard outside noise at all.

I will definitely request that room location again. It was perfect. :cloud9:

The room locatation where we were are the set of rooms 4421-4430. We had room 4429 which was a king room with lots of space, wet bar, huge closet area, and that wrap around balcony.

Attachments

• FCA862A5-EC48-4BED-9341-F302C38C6A2A.jpeg
    FCA862A5-EC48-4BED-9341-F302C38C6A2A.jpeg
    119.9 KB · Views: 35
Quick question. Is standard in Main bldg above Garden view outer bldg? Do they sleep 5? If I have garden view may I request main building?

Thank You so much! So from what I’m seeing you still get a balcony area with those rooms?

It appears some of them (perhaps top floor?) don't have a balcony. Check out this thread: https://www.disboards.com/threads/grand-floridian-lodge-tower-rooms.2645031/

Hopefully someone who has recently stayed in one of these rooms will come along and confirm! Also they used to be called "lodge tower rooms" so you might use that as an additional search term for your research journey!!

Quick question. Is standard in Main bldg above Garden view outer bldg? Do they sleep 5? If I have garden view may I request main building?

If I understand, you are asking if those two categories are usually different prices and the answer is yes. The main building has club level rooms only. You will not be able to book Garden view outer building and get a room in the main building.

However, the GF grounds are lovely and the buildings are all relatively close to one another and the main building. Very few of the resort's rooms are in the main building and many guests love walking around the grounds.

Whew, my thought is that it will be tight with 6 in the room and working the bathroom logistics. Pretty sure you will not get double the sq ft at the GF. That said, the GF is night and day a far better hotel that will cost you dearly. I'd stay there if I had to sleep on the balcony to make it work!

Whew, my thought is that it will be tight with 6 in the room and working the bathroom logistics. Pretty sure you will not get double the sq ft at the GF. That said, the GF is night and day a far better hotel that will cost you dearly. I'd stay there if I had to sleep on the balcony to make it work!

I read that a standard room at Pop Century is 260 sq ft and the room we are looking at with Grand Floridian is 574 sq ft. We are kind of worried about the bathroom issue as well but honestly how often will we be in the room to worry about that? I said the same thing that if I can stay there I’ll sleep on the porch. Lol.

Our request was to be on floor four or five and no connecting room. We were given an amazing King room on the fourth floor that had a huge wrap around balcony with a view of the pool, monorail, lagoon, and Polynesian. It was on the atrium side and we loved it. We could hear the music in our room (stops at 10:00); which was so relaxing. We never heard outside noise at all.

I will definitely request that room location again. It was perfect. :cloud9:

The room locatation where we were are the set of rooms 4421-4430. We had room 4429 which was a king room with lots of space, wet bar, huge closet area, and that wrap around balcony.

Thank you @CogsworthTN. Unfortunately I need a room with two queens. So I don't think I will be able to get that room. However I will definitely request for rooms on the atrium side.

I read that a standard room at Pop Century is 260 sq ft and the room we are looking at with Grand Floridian is 574 sq ft. We are kind of worried about the bathroom issue as well but honestly how often will we be in the room to worry about that? I said the same thing that if I can stay there I’ll sleep on the porch. Lol.

Good Morning Everyone!!

Every year I request an Outer Building Deluxe Garden View Room. If you request upper floors there is a huge chance you don't get a balcony. There are balcony's on all the floors except the 5th floor. We absolutely love the extra space, the sitting area has a second tv a large coffee table my kids use for breakfast and a additional cabinet for clothing. We're usually 5 adults and the bathroom is definitely something we work around but its been fine. I have learned that my only request is a balcony when booking this room and I call a few days before to make sure they have my one and only request and its worked out all but one visit.

Besides 1 bathroom, luggage storage and general storage will be really annoying. In the end, with some smart strategy, the stay will be worth it.

We just returned home late last night after a 9 night stay in Boca Chica. We were upgraded to a lagoon view and had room 8313. We had a perfect view of the Contemporary/Bay Lake as well as Space Mountain. We had a partial view of the castle but there was a pine tree in the way.

I can't say enough about how perfect our stay was! The staff members at the GF were amazing. Every single person that we dealt with was so wonderful. We loved the music, the pools, the grounds, and just about everything else that you can imagine!

We are returning to Disney next year in June and will be renting DVC points for the first time. The owner that we are renting from has points at the GF and at the Poly. We are hoping that we are able to get a studio at the GF but we keep hearing how few studios there are in this resort. After staying here we just can't imagine staying anywhere else... we will find out in 2 weeks. UGH.. the waiting....
Sounds great! Ready for my first stay next month. Did you put in an initial request and then just got bumped up?

Hey guys! I was just wondering if anybody was there July 3 and 4th. If so, did they do anything fun for the kids out on the beach or by the pool? Do they have fireworks viewing on the beach too? Thank you!

Last edited:
Sounds great! Ready for my first stay next month. Did you put in an initial request and then just got bumped up?

We had several requests on our reservation. We requested a full balcony on an upper floor. We also asked to be away from the elevators. We didn’t request any particular building as it was our first time staying there and we didn’t know what we would prefer.

EDB231F9-0415-428D-94D6-BB53CCE28EDB.jpeg
34EC4C94-1C9C-46D8-AA03-F9E626894582.jpeg 14C44DC1-A431-4B44-B843-09C78C85710B.jpeg 47B6634A-B6B7-44B4-A390-1613EC0EF516.jpeg 4F606457-698B-4A0A-BE76-2539C8E483CF.jpeg C1FB2173-70F7-4417-A9C5-1BCC59D9A59C.jpeg 983A8721-8AA9-4F96-BC74-948198E7B37B.jpeg D8DB9E0B-4054-4576-B177-150569885E31.jpeg 948FE1EA-C111-4688-B661-7236E4886115.jpeg

I already shared these photos in the club level thread, but wanted to post here as well!

This was our beautiful room in the Grand Floridian main building. Room 4421. The first picture shows our room from the outside of the building.

It is a deluxe king room. It’s one of the turret rooms with a ton of windows and amazing views. Hard to tell in some of the pictures, but in the distance we could see the castle, the Contempory, the Wilderness Lodge, the Poly, Spaceship Earth, the GF pools, the monorail — all from the same room. Plus, it’s on the 4th floor just down the hall from the RPC lounge. So perfect in every way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter