(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
They better not be taking away turn down! It’s one of the things that makes the Grand, The Grand! Sheesh. WDW is nickel & diming us to death with cut backs, except when it comes to price!
I did not automatically have it in October of 2017. I had a card on the nightstand that said it was available upon request. My next stay is in July so lets see what happens in 10 months.

I did not automatically have it in October of 2017. I had a card on the nightstand that said it was available upon request. My next stay is in July so lets see what happens in 10 months.
Our last stay was Aug 2016 and was still automatic. We went to DL summer 2017 instead of usual WDW trip. Keep us posted for your next trip. It may be if many comment to them about it, they will bring it back as it should be, automatic.

Question on whether or not I should add club level. The difference is about $600 more for our stay- 6 nights.
We are not doing the dining plan but have quite a few sit down reservations made. We did club level once before at AK and thought it was decent. What are the perks to Club Level at GF? Is it worth the extra money?

Question on whether or not I should add club level. The difference is about $600 more for our stay- 6 nights.
We are not doing the dining plan but have quite a few sit down reservations made. We did club level once before at AK and thought it was decent. What are the perks to Club Level at GF? Is it worth the extra money?
For me its more time savings and building location at GF.

Not to have to go fetch food at GGG or do a sit down we love just grabbing items as needed in the morning.

GF has more offerings mid day vs AKL.

The evening also has more desserts 8-10.

For appies, I loved the hot apps at AKL but gf has a varied selection and beverages are easier to get with a manned drink cart.

During the day beer and wine upon request and 5-10 they serve you. You can get in glass or to go cups.

I also like SL location. Close to everything.

Any specific q's?

For the price i would do it.

For me its more time savings and building location at GF.

Not to have to go fetch food at GGG or do a sit down we love just grabbing items as needed in the morning.

GF has more offerings mid day vs AKL.

The evening also has more desserts 8-10.

For appies, I loved the hot apps at AKL but gf has a varied selection and beverages are easier to get with a manned drink cart.

During the day beer and wine upon request and 5-10 they serve you. You can get in glass or to go cups.

I also like SL location. Close to everything.

Any specific q's?

For the price i would do it.

Thanks for all that awesome information. Does Sugar Loaf building have any good views? It does look very convenient to the main building which is great. Is there automatic turndown service staying CL?

Thanks for all that awesome information. Does Sugar Loaf building have any good views? It does look very convenient to the main building which is great. Is there automatic turndown service staying CL?
All the views from SL are good... marina on one side and the courtyard pool on the other side...both are lovely. You will get automatic turndown.

Hello all! I'm sure this question has been answered many times before but my family and I will be staying at the Grand Floridian in August. Do all of the regular GF rooms have a full balcony? Thx!

I believe turn down is avail at all deluxe by request or used to be. I never bothered requesting, so I liked that it was automatic at GF.
I know during our Poly stay my friend requested turndown one or two nights.

Yes it is (at least as of September last year). We requested and received it at YC.

Good morning fellow GF fans!

We have been here for two nights and didn’t have turndown service automatically either night so far. I asked the front desk today and they said we could request it but it’s not automatic. We are not in a club level room for reference.

Thanks for sharing that info with us! I thought that it was still an automatic service resort wide...Glad you can still request it...:thumbsup2

Here now and the sun is finally out and just in time for our pool day yeah! We are over at the villas and the place is gorgeous!

How nice!! Enjoy your trip:goodvibes ...We dont get many photos from the villas here on this thread..so any that you can share would be great...

Hope that everyone is having a terrific Tuesday! :earsgirl:

Has anyone rented a cabana at GF? I'm trying to figure out how much of a tip to give to the attendent.

Here now and the sun is finally out and just in time for our pool day yeah! We are over at the villas and the place is gorgeous!
Glad to hear the sun is out! Al Roker was talking about all the rain FL is getting and will continue to get, so I’m hoping I will get some sunny pool days after we arrive on Monday! And like Blueskies said, please post pictures if you have time! I’m always excited before a Disney trip (as everyone is) and it seems the DIS slows down on pics and posting the week before we arrive...probably because I’m obsessed with looking then:rotfl:! Have a great trip!!

Glad to hear the sun is out! Al Roker was talking about all the rain FL is getting and will continue to get, so I’m hoping I will get some sunny pool days after we arrive on Monday! And like Blueskies said, please post pictures if you have time! I’m always excited before a Disney trip (as everyone is) and it seems the DIS slows down on pics and posting the week before we arrive...probably because I’m obsessed with looking then:rotfl:! Have a great trip!!
lol I arrive before you so pix will be coming !

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter