(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nicole, in my experience, club level is definitely worth it. It would also place you close to the pool!

I've been told the Grand Floridan puts on a great New Years Eve party. Can anyone elaborate as to what actually takes place?

Anyone have good locations for photos. DH and I are getting photos done for our anniversary, and are staying at the GF. However, I have never been there so I have no clue!:confused3

When we were there last month there were very few tables, only half of what they normally had...the ones pictured are new. :yay: We had a hard time getting a seat most of the time. Makes me hopeful they will update the rest of the furniture...nothing matches!!! Of course it would also be nice if they got rid of that rug! :rotfl2:

::yes:: :faint: :3dglasses lol...

Not here! That's why I hang out on the gf thread. The best people on dis!

:thumbsup2

I am SO excited! I have been checking multiple times/day for the room I needed at the GF (wanted 3 nights Outer Bldg Garden View with AP rate but only had 2, first night was booked as outer bldg lagoon view but didn't want to change rooms after 1 night so we switched it to the Beach Club, and then to the Poly) I checked today and it wasn't available. For some reason I decided to search for the night before to see if I could get a room somewhere for 2 nights and just go a day early and the room I wanted showed up! So I finally was down to 1 reservation in the room I wanted for 4 nights, whewhoo! We were tempted to go a day early but it is just not feasible for a lot of reasons so I just called and cancelled the first night. I still don't know why I couldn't book it for 1 night in the first place but I finally have what I need! :cool1:

We were in WDW for 4 nights this week. Friday before we drove home we went to the Poly to walk around and to the GF. We are going to request Big Pine Key but honestly I don't think there is a bad building location they all look pretty close together. SO excited to be there in 42 days!

I spoke to two CMs today on the phone and they both said no cribs just pack n plays. I read on the boards that the deluxes DO have cribs. Anyone stay recently to know if this is true? We rented from A Baby's Best friend and had a good experience so I'll probably just do that again to make sure we do have a crib. We all slept great with the baby in a crib. We stayed overnight on our drive home and had to share a king with him. I spent the entire night hanging off the bed because of how he insisted on sleeping :rotfl2:

SOOOOOOO excited to finally stay at my dream resort for 3 nights!

No answer from me on the PnP...but wanted to say.. Congratuations!!! :cheer2: Glad you were able to get all of your nights....

Hey Guys...

So, i have a question for the Veterens... I have been to disney 5 times and have always rented a house. This trip we are doing the same but... I booked 1 night at the GF for a surprise. Debating on if should buy 2 nights.
I have a Outer building Deluxe Garden View booked. Just wondering what room request i should put in to get one close to the pool??
Is club level worth it? should i upgrade

Thanks soooo much for your help

Nicole

Welcome to the GF FAQ :goodvibes ..Be aware that you are asking a group of GF enablers if you should spend extra nights at the resort...lol...;) so I would say...add the extra nite....more time to enjoy all that GF has to offer....as for CL..it is absolutely a wonderful way to make your trip extra special ...if you are going to use the amenities that are offered..like time in the lounge.. the food and drink offerings.. No matter what you choose...staying at the Grand is simply grand! :cloud9: The two outer buildings that would afford you close proximity to the pools are Boca Chica...courtyard pool only..and Big Pine which is close to the beach pool as well....

Nicole, in my experience, club level is definitely worth it. It would also place you close to the pool!

Hey Beth :wave2:

I've been told the Grand Floridan puts on a great New Years Eve party. Can anyone elaborate as to what actually takes place?

Sorry no help from me on that...but I am betting that someone who has info to share will be along to give you some...:thumbsup2

Ferrentinos :cheer2: Yay for another Disney trip!! You will be at the GF before you know it...

MickeyNut Do I see more Bull's pics in your siggie!!! ::yes::

k&a&c'smom Hope all is well....:)

And last but not least..a big old HELLO to you MommyGina :hug:..so happy to hear that you have a summer trip in the planning!!! :goodvibes And glad that your DS is rebounding...it is never easy to see our children go thru difficult times....

Hope that everyone had a magical Monday!! princess: preppy GF Gal...

Gee..sure is quiet around here...where are all of my fellow.(.to quote our pal pas ) GF Groupies???

On here earlier than usual today...was busy updating FPP on the 30 day mark...so a heads up to my fellow GF fans....have been able to tweak ours the last few days... if you don't get what you want at the 60 day window..try again...:thumbsup2

Hope that everyone has a terrific Tuesday! :surfweb: preppy GF gal....

Hi Blue and all my fellow GF Groupies!!!

I haven't been able to get SDMT FP for Dec. I'll try again!

Candy

Thanks for posting the new RPC CL queen deluxe pictures, k&a&c'smom! These are exactly what I was looking for as proof that they now have a pull out. The main reservation center is still listing this room with a capacity of 4, but it looks like it is now 6. Also, oddly, this particular room type does not come up as an option for booking online. Had I not been dealing with a very knowledgeable CM by phone, I would not have known it existed at all.

Hi all,

Question - do you find out ahead of time what room you are assigned? Or just when you get there?

Gee..sure is quiet around here...where are all of my fellow.(.to quote our pal pas ) GF Groupies???

On here earlier than usual today...was busy updating FPP on the 30 day mark...so a heads up to my fellow GF fans....have been able to tweak ours the last few days... if you don't get what you want at the 60 day window..try again...:thumbsup2

Hope that everyone has a terrific Tuesday! :surfweb: preppy GF gal....

Hi there BlueSkies - I've been on here, I've been more lurking at theYC thread as I have to pack my suitcase for there in 3 days. I guess I should do laundry and find said suitcase?

Tom

Hi everyone,

I haven't been to the Grand since 2011 so THANK YOU for having such an awesome thread! I'm up to speed on all of the changes and the new decor. Needless to say, I'm more excited than EVER for our trip! 13 days!!!!! :cool1:

I had to edit my post- I originally had 21 days but misread my stroke count- it's 13 days!!!
Thanks again!
Robin

We are checking in on Oct. 28 Im trying to decide what to request, Sago Key near Gasperellas or Big Pine Key near the beach for fireworks. My question is have both of those buildings been renovated ? I know I dont want a dormer room. We have 3 kids 4,5, and 8.

I just saw that some rooms have an 'enclosed balcony'. What does that mean? Is it a balcony with stuff around it (like gingerbread work) or does it mean that the room itself is extended with no outside area?

(I once had a balcony that was wrapped in glass - no access to the outside air, couldn't lean over and look at the stars. You walked through a sliding glass door into a glass box where you could look outside. Very weird.)

Hi everyone! I just booked a stay in SL for the end of January. :) A friend recently returned from a club level stay at the CR and was offered a texting service, which included booking the extra rolling fast passes for them so they didn't have to visit the in-park kiosks. Is this something that has made its way to the GF yet? And if so, does it include both RPC and SL? It was a great time saver for my friend, so I'm hoping it will be available to us a well!

We stayed at RPC for a week in September, and the texting service was wonderful. We texted to get our 4th and beyond FPs, and we even texted if we wanted to change our original three. Much, much easier than finding a kiosk and waiting in line. You could send the text before you even actually rode your third FP ride but after you scanned your band, so the reply would be waiting after you rode. We also used the texting to change or cancel ADRs, and for just random questions that we otherwise would have googled on our phone. It was much easier to text. I did find that they didn't advertise the service much, if I hadn't read about it here first i think I would have possibly missed that it even existed. I'm really hoping it moves from a test to all CLs, as we have plans at the WL and Poly CL next year, and they aren't doing texting as of now. I think it's a great perk.

I am SO excited! I have been checking multiple times/day for the room I needed at the GF (wanted 3 nights Outer Bldg Garden View with AP rate but only had 2, first night was booked as outer bldg lagoon view but didn't want to change rooms after 1 night so we switched it to the Beach Club, and then to the Poly) I checked today and it wasn't available. For some reason I decided to search for the night before to see if I could get a room somewhere for 2 nights and just go a day early and the room I wanted showed up! So I finally was down to 1 reservation in the room I wanted for 4 nights, whewhoo! We were tempted to go a day early but it is just not feasible for a lot of reasons so I just called and cancelled the first night. I still don't know why I couldn't book it for 1 night in the first place but I finally have what I need! :cool1:

We were in WDW for 4 nights this week. Friday before we drove home we went to the Poly to walk around and to the GF. We are going to request Big Pine Key but honestly I don't think there is a bad building location they all look pretty close together. SO excited to be there in 42 days!

I spoke to two CMs today on the phone and they both said no cribs just pack n plays. I read on the boards that the deluxes DO have cribs. Anyone stay recently to know if this is true? We rented from A Baby's Best friend and had a good experience so I'll probably just do that again to make sure we do have a crib. We all slept great with the baby in a crib. We stayed overnight on our drive home and had to share a king with him. I spent the entire night hanging off the bed because of how he insisted on sleeping :rotfl2:

SOOOOOOO excited to finally stay at my dream resort for 3 nights!

We did get a regular crib at the Poly 2 years ago, but it seems as if they have way more pack n plays than cribs. That's the only time they even asked which we preferred, at 2 more poly stays, a PC stay, and the GF we had pack n plays and a crib was never mentioned. To me it makes no difference, but if you really have to have a crib I would probably go ahead and rent one. I think cribs are few and far between. Also, I really wasn't impressed with the crib we got, it was nothing like a crib you would have at home. It was small, with tall metal sides and a terrible mattress with an ill fitting sheet. I preferred the pack n play to it, both with an infant and toddler.

I just saw that some rooms have an 'enclosed balcony'. What does that mean? Is it a balcony with stuff around it (like gingerbread work) or does it mean that the room itself is extended with no outside area?

(I once had a balcony that was wrapped in glass - no access to the outside air, couldn't lean over and look at the stars. You walked through a sliding glass door into a glass box where you could look outside. Very weird.)

The bottom of the balcony is a solid panel, to about chest high (on me, at 5'3"). So you have to be standing to see over it, sitting you just stare at the inside of the panel. I much prefer a regular open balcony, I like to sit and watch the view. I also felt like the enclosed balcony at the WL made the room a lot darker. I have never been in one of the dormer rooms with the enclosed balconies at the GF.

We are checking in on Oct. 28 Im trying to decide what to request, Sago Key near Gasperellas or Big Pine Key near the beach for fireworks. My question is have both of those buildings been renovated ? I know I dont want a dormer room. We have 3 kids 4,5, and 8.

We check in on the 28th too! So excited! Have a great trip!

We asked not to be on the ground floor but left the rest up to the room assigner! Hoping some pixie dust flies our way and we get the perfect room for our stay!

I think I read somewhere that the rooms have keurig coffee makers. If so do they sell coffee creamer at the resort. also do they sell cases of water at the resort and if not would it be cheaper to get a case of water from garden grocer or buy it in the parks. arriving on Saturday......cant wait:cool1:

I think I read somewhere that the rooms have keurig coffee makers. If so do they sell coffee creamer at the resort. also do they sell cases of water at the resort and if not would it be cheaper to get a case of water from garden grocer or buy it in the parks. arriving on Saturday......cant wait:cool1:

When I was there in February 2014 my room did not have a K-cup coffee maker. I don't remember what make it was, but it had coffee pods.

Tom

Hi there BlueSkies - I've been on here, I've been more lurking at theYC thread as I have to pack my suitcase for there in 3 days. I guess I should do laundry and find said suitcase?

Tom

:dance3: Almost trip time!! :goodvibes

Hi everyone,

I haven't been to the Grand since 2011 so THANK YOU for having such an awesome thread! I'm up to speed on all of the changes and the new decor. Needless to say, I'm more excited than EVER for our trip! 13 days!!!!! :cool1:

I had to edit my post- I originally had 21 days but misread my stroke count- it's 13 days!!!
Thanks again!
Robin

:woohoo: Under two weeks!!!

Refurbs have been completed in all of the GF buildings! :thumbsup2

There is a picture that k&a&c'smom posted on the previous page...the upper floors show what an enclosed balcony looks like...they are a bit smaller and as ninafeliz described you cannot see over the balcony while seated....but easily when you are standing...and they do have a nice cozy feel...these rooms also have cathedral ceilings which gives the rooms nice extra visual space...HTH...:)

We check in on the 28th too! So excited! Have a great trip!

We asked not to be on the ground floor but left the rest up to the room assigner! Hoping some pixie dust flies our way and we get the perfect room for our stay!

Hope so :wizard:...We are fans of ground floor rooms too....:thumbsup2

Not sure about the coffee creamer..but..there are recent pics on the first page of this thread from Sandy Cove and our lovely hostess k&a&c'smom did get some close ups..so you might be able to see if there is coffee creamer available...there are cases of water available in the same place...I am not sure of the price but probably pricier than GG...Hopefully someone who has better knowledge of the costs will pop in and answer....

grannyminnie Hope that you and your sister are having a magical WDW vacation! :goodvibes

Got the MBs are on the way email!! :cheer2: I have a collection...lol...wish that they would ask if you would like them or not instead of just sending out more...but still..its always fun to get Mickey mail!!!

Hope that all of my fellow GF fans are having a wonderful Wednesday!!! :earsgirl: preppy GF gal who now has MBs in every color....:rainbow:..lol...

We were in RPC Deluxe King room Sept 15-22nd and we had a Keurig machine in our room. I believe they sold creamer in the sundries shop on the main floor.

Hope this helps!

Some of the rooms have Keurig's and some have Cuisinart's. You should be able to get some kind of coffee creamer in Sandy Cove, or Gaspies. Not sure about cases of water, but everything is cheaper off site. :rotfl2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter