(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's all the images I'm posting until I can find another image hosting site other than postimage.org, takes way too long to upload and can't figure out why some images are thumbnails and others are larger. Any suggestions from you fine folks is greatly appreciated.

This is what I do - there may be an easier way to do it ...

i take photos on my Iphone
I open the photo on my Iphone and then email it to myself - medium size (photos are too large in their original format, and the only way I know to make them smaller is through email)
I open the email - if I'm on my laptop, I click on the photo do it winds up in my download file folder - If I'm on my Iphone I click on the airdrop icon and select 'save image' so I can save it in the smaller size
If I am on my laptop - I write my reply and select 'upload a file' and find the photo in my download files
If I am on my Iphone - I write my replay and select 'upload a file' and a pop-up shows up, I select 'photo library' and then the desired photo(s)
Then once the photo is on the post - I select 'full image'
IMG_3015.jpg

@thumper* - I don't know exactly how the photo sites like Flickr and others work when it comes to DIS. My photos come from my iPhone, so when I post photos I move them from iCloud to my computer (windows), re-size them in the "Paint" program, then I'm able to post via the "Upload a File" button below. I can elaborate on any of this if needed.

@barbliny’s method works too!

And yes, once you upload a file via that way it’s on the board forever, doesn’t matter what you do with the original source file. It’s only the third-party pic hosted sites like Flickr, Photobucket, etc that could change f you ever delete or move those files around at the respective original sites. Hope that makes sense!

Thanks @barbliny. Once I upload the photo onto the boards can I then delete the download or would it end up disappearing from the board once I deleted it?

Yes, as @GADisneyDad14 said, you can delete the photo off of your device once it is uploaded - it will remain on the board (I know your question was answered, but I didn't want you to think I was ignoring a question you asked me :wave:)

By the way, based on your picture - you may have been directly across the marina from me last week! I was behind that tree.

Booked for October next year. First time at gf. So excited .

With regards to the monorail and emh does the monorail start / end early/late depending on emh?

More often than not, yes - but the rule of thumb is to always double check the Times Guide for the week you are there as monorail hours can change week to week. There will be a copy in the lobby, or this is a helpful link to bookmark as well: http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/p/weekly-walt-disney-world-times-guides.html

Looking at this week for example....

MK 7AM EMH on Friday - Monorail starts at 6:30AM
MK 10PM-12AM EMH on Wednesday - Monorail runs until 12:30AM

Epcot 8AM EMH on Thursday - Epcot line starts at 7:30AM (the Resort line you'd need to take to get to the TTC to transfer starts running at 7AM)
Epcot 9:30PM-11:30pm EMH on Tuesday - Epcot line runs until 12AM (the Resort line you'd need to get back to GF after transferring runs until 1AM)

So yes, for this week, EMHs are pretty well covered in terms of monorail transportation. But again, just make sure to eyeball the Times Guide when you are there just in case hours are different that week

Hope that helps!

More often than not, yes - but the rule of thumb is to always double check the Times Guide for the week you are there as monorail hours can change week to week. There will be a copy in the lobby, or this is a helpful link to bookmark as well: http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/p/weekly-walt-disney-world-times-guides.html

Looking at this week for example....

MK 7AM EMH on Friday - Monorail starts at 6:30AM
MK 10PM-12AM EMH on Wednesday - Monorail runs until 12:30AM

Epcot 8AM EMH on Thursday - Epcot line starts at 7:30AM (the Resort line you'd need to take to get to the TTC to transfer starts running at 7AM)
Epcot 9:30PM-11:30pm EMH on Tuesday - Epcot line runs until 12AM (the Resort line you'd need to get back to GF after transferring runs until 1AM)

So yes, for this week, EMHs are pretty well covered in terms of monorail transportation. But again, just make sure to eyeball the Times Guide when you are there just in case hours are different that week

Hope that helps!

That’s great. Thank you for the information. I will be sure to keep and eye out and check the times

@thumper* - I don't know exactly how the photo sites like Flickr and others work when it comes to DIS. My photos come from my iPhone, so when I post photos I move them from iCloud to my computer (windows), re-size them in the "Paint" program, then I'm able to post via the "Upload a File" button below. I can elaborate on any of this if needed.

@barbliny’s method works too!

I have Windows 10 and am just learning it, I previously had Vista....big change. Are you using windows 10 and what size do you change it to?

I just booked one night at GF - June 22. Disney had given us 1 free night at a deluxe due to an issue on a previous stay, and I gave DD8 the choice of any resort and she picked GF! I love her taste! We'll be at POFQ (may change to AKL) 4 nights prior and BC 8 nights after.

We have a lagoon view room, any suggestions on what building I should request?

I just booked one night at GF - June 22. Disney had given us 1 free night at a deluxe due to an issue on a previous stay, and I gave DD8 the choice of any resort and she picked GF! I love her taste! We'll be at POFQ (may change to AKL) 4 nights prior and BC 8 nights after.

We have a lagoon view room, any suggestions on what building I should request?
I would not worry on location rather what style room. Do you want a full balcony or dormer style? Near elevator, lower or upper floor?

For gf all the locations are pretty good but getting your choice of above may make more of an impact perhaps.

However, I would enjoy the view of poly from BPK.

I would not worry on location rather what style room. Do you want a full balcony or dormer style? Near elevator, lower or upper floor?

For gf all the locations are pretty good but getting your choice of above may make more of an impact perhaps.

However, I would enjoy the view of poly from BPK.

Thanks!

I would like to have a full balcony and top floor. Are there a lot of the dormer style?

I've been on Disney the last 2 months in and off no availability 7/27 or 28 Through 8/7 in Sugar Loaf. What gives...8-10 months in advance? Went same time last year and booked in March!

Last edited:
I've been on Disney the last 2 months in and off no availability 7/2? Through 8/7 in Sugar Loaf. What gives...8-10 months in advance? Went same time last year and booked in March!
How many days are u looking for? If only a day or two it may be hard for the 4th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter