(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is CL Club Level? If so, that might be where the confusion is coming from. When I called the GF I specifically asked about standard rooms and was told Cuisinart. Either way, they both take K-cups so it's all good. I'll bring my own from home. :-)

Yes, CL is Club Level. IF standard rooms do in fact have a Cuisinart, I don't think those are K-cups. The standard Cuisinart that has been in most/all resort rooms across property for years (until they started putting the Keurigs in some resorts) is pictured below (this is at Poly, FYI). These take coffee discs/pods, not K-cups.

I would be a bit suspicious of what the CM on the phone told you. Those folks are in a call center and may/may not have accurate info.

Hope that makes sense!
IMG_8420.jpg

I just received an email telling us that the Beach pool at the GF would be closed during our 3/24-31/18 stay. My grandchildren were looking forward to the pool slide. I was wondering if they would let us use the Polynesian pool even though the courtyard pool is open. Not very happy about this as I know it is a busy time of year.

I just got the same email and called the GF. They connected me to the Recreation Department. The person I talked to said that we would have access to the Poly pool, but he also said that GF guests always have access to the Poly pool, which was not what I thought was true based on what I've read here. Hopefully, this will turn out to be right though. My son was looking forward to the water slide more than anything at WDW!

Standard rooms now have Keurig machines in them. Last year they had the Cuisinart pods when we stayed, but now this past August they are Keurig. We stayed in a regular garden view room in Big Pine Key.

I just received an email telling us that the Beach Pool at the GF would be closed during our 3/24-31/18 stay. My grandchildren were looking forward to the pool slide. I was wondering if they would let us use the Polynesian pool even though the courtyard pool is open. Not very happy about this as I know it is a busy time of year.

Just got the same email myself and our trip is the second week of January. Definitely disappointed and not just because the pool with the slide is closed. The email promised no construction noise but I'm sure what they mean is no noise at night or while you are in your room, but what if I want to sit by the pool with a cocktail? My GF bucket list did not include construction noise!

My TA just emailed me that Poly pool would not be available for use. Not happy at all when I consider what I am paying.

I just received an email telling us that the Beach pool at the GF would be closed during our 3/24-31/18 stay. My grandchildren were looking forward to the pool slide. I was wondering if they would let us use the Polynesian pool even though the courtyard pool is open. Not very happy about this as I know it is a busy time of year.

Wow, that is a long refurb. Just a few weeks ago, I was told it's starting in November (our stay is in December) and running through February. Either they pushed the start date back or extended the project timeline.

When I called about the letter, they just put in a building request for me to be away from the construction. No mention of being able to use Poly's pool (or any other perk), but maybe this has changed. I brought it up in another call I had with them about an unrelated topic and was basically told it wasn't a big deal because I might not even have "pool weather" in December. Even if it's not hot out, I know my kids will want to try... :fish:

When I called the GF I specifically asked about standard rooms and was told Cuisinart.

As GADisneyDad posted, the CM you talked to was not at the GF. When you call a number associated with a particular resort, the call is routed to a call center. They answer as if they are at that resort, but they are actually in a call center and not at the resort itself. While there are some very good CMs who give accurate information, there are a lot who don't really know the answers and give out incorrect info :(.

I just got the same email and called the GF. They connected me to the Recreation Department. The person I talked to said that we would have access to the Poly pool, but he also said that GF guests always have access to the Poly pool, which was not what I thought was true based on what I've read here.

The CM you talked to gave incorrect information about GF guests always having access to the Poly pool. Disney does sometimes allow guests of one resort to use the pool at another resort if there are closures (as could be the case here with the GF pool being closed), but aside from those times, guests are not allowed to use the pool(s) at another resort (except DVC members, and even then they have some stipulations on certain pools).

Based on the pool closure, I canceled our GF reservation and booked at Poly instead. I’m bummed not to get to stay at GF but a pool with a slide is a big deal to my six-year-old!

The Poly is great, I'm sure you'll have a good time! I know everyone's opinion is different, but if it's any consolation, we like the Poly pool slide more than the GF one ;).

This discussion about the pool above reminds me of when the main Poly pool (Lava Pool) was closed for major refurb a few years ago. To make up for it, Disney offered guests access to BB along with complimentary towel service (it cost money to rent towels at the water park then, but not now). That was the "official" offering to make up for the closed pool. This was a major refurb that went on for a significant period of time.

We also had CMs tell us to just walk over to GF and use the pool there. Never really did know if that was "official" policy, although I don't think it was - just rouge CMs.

The opposite won't work in this case since the Poly Lava Pool is behind MB scanners... so if they did allow access they'd have to program GF guest MBs to open the gates. I doubt Disney is going to go there. I think GF can "absorb" pool people from Poly a lot better than Poly can take on GF folks given the size of the pool, popularity, etc. Just my take.

I would be pleasantly surprised if they allowed GF guests to use the Poly pool. They are only closing one pool for refurbishment, not both. As for me, this trip is my personal bucket list so I'm staying at the GF.

For those that used the Keuring machines, what it just breakfast blend / weaker coffees? Just wondering if I should bring my own K-cups.

I also got that email. Would love to switch to the Poly (better transportation), but I got the Visa discount at GF, and it's a better price. I think last time, we spent our time in the Courtyard pool anyway to avoid kids. Now, I suppose they'll be in there anyway.

FOR GADisneydad, hi, you mentioned sometimes taking a taxi from the grand floridian to epcot. Can you tell me where the taxi drops you off at epcot? Is it a far walk? Tia, francie

FOR GADisneydad, hi, you mentioned sometimes taking a taxi from the grand floridian to epcot. Can you tell me where the taxi drops you off at epcot? Is it a far walk? Tia, francie

In my experience it has been in the area in yellow below. No more further walk than the buses. I will caveat that Disney can tinker with traffic flow, so YMMV, but pretty sure this is usually the spot. :-)

Epcot Taxi Stand.jpg

You can also take a taxi to or from the Beach Club Resort. From there it is a short walk to the back entrance of Epcot - the International Gateway.

I have another, is this possible, question.
My husband and I have just had a thought, would it be possible, once the kids are asleep for one of us to go down to Mizner's, get a couple of cocktails and bring them up to the room? We thought we might enjoy one each on the balcony together while the kids sleep. Is that something they allow or is it not OK to carry alcohol around?

I have another, is this possible, question.
My husband and I have just had a thought, would it be possible, once the kids are asleep for one of us to go down to Mizner's, get a couple of cocktails and bring them up to the room? We thought we might enjoy one each on the balcony together while the kids sleep. Is that something they allow or is it not OK to carry alcohol around?
Mizners will serve your drink in a plastic cup if you want to take it out of the lounge area. We asked for our drinks in a plastic cup so that we could take them down to watch the fireworks. :)

I'm not sure if one person is allowed to take two drinks, though. Maybe someone else knows the answer to that. :)

Mizners will serve your drink in a plastic cup if you want to take it out of the lounge area. We asked for our drinks in a plastic cup so that we could take them down to watch the fireworks. :)

I'm not sure if one person is allowed to take two drinks, though. Maybe someone else knows the answer to that. :)
Thanks for answering. I guess, another, it's worth the ask thing then. Again, no big deal if it's not possible, we just thought it might be a nice thing to do in the evening when we couldn't both go out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter