(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was told the same about the charms. I'm just wondering, will Pandora carry a new line of Disney charms? On another note, have you found the seating in the RPC lounge to be adequate? I know earlier we were hearing that they had removed some of the seating during the remodel.

Pas: :rotfl: As for packing, this is usually NOT me! I have the suitcase out a month early, and am half packed 2 weeks ahead, but somehow, I have fallen down this trip...:confused3 Today, I have to get with the program and do it!!

I have been in the lounge at varying times and there are very few folks there. There are only 5 tables for more than 2 people, but there are about a dozen tables for two scattered around. I'll post some pics soon!

Liz

I have been in the lounge at varying times and there are very few folks there. There are only 5 tables for more than 2 people, but there are about a dozen tables for two scattered around. I'll post some pics soon!

Liz

are you there right now? we will be there tomorrow late morning and I was wondering how crowded rpc is. We are booked in a std. room in the main building but I was hoping to switch to one of the queen deluxe rooms upon check in. we were able to do that in June with one of our rooms when we couldn't before arrival. so just curious about the crowd :) Hope you're having a great trip!

I have been sitting here looking at all of the info and I am SO excited for our upcoming trip. We've been a Poly family up to this point but I'm thinking that will be changing after this visit.

Is it January yet?!?

are you there right now? we will be there tomorrow late morning and I was wondering how crowded rpc is. We are booked in a std. room in the main building but I was hoping to switch to one of the queen deluxe rooms upon check in. we were able to do that in June with one of our rooms when we couldn't before arrival. so just curious about the crowd :) Hope you're having a great trip!

The hotel is supposedly near capacity but RPC has very few people. Most seem to grab stuff and take it back to their room. it never hurts to ask though!

Liz

PS I'm having issues with copy/paste with the new iOS. Pictures may have to wait until I get the laptop out!

The hotel is supposedly near capacity but RPC has very few people. Most seem to grab stuff and take it back to their room. it never hurts to ask though!

Liz

PS I'm having issues with copy/paste with the new iOS. Pictures may have to wait until I get the laptop out!

Thank you! We will ask but if not we'll be very happy with our standard room. It'll be our first trip to RPC since the renovations and we can't wait to check it out :) Enjoy your trip!

I'm getting excited. In about 3 weeks I get to book my first ever Grand Floridian stay!! Just bought VGF so it will be in the villas. I have the points for either a 3 night stay in a standard or lakeview. Does it matter? This stay will be post Dream cruise. Just going to hang out at the resort!!

cattywampus said:
We are just hitting our 30 day mark and we have a brand new shiny thread!

Quick transportation question. We will have a rental car, which we will definitely use for HS and AK. We will use the monorail for MK.

Would you drive to Epcot or take the monorail?

We too had a car but took the monorail to Epcot. Travel time seemed to be about 30 mins. I think touring plans travel times showed that on average driving is faster to epcot. However we chose mono so we didn't have to fold the stroller and put kids in car seats. HTH!

KonaKaiTom said:
So it was a glitch, bummer -- I must be in fantasyland, because I wish they would do two things with the FPP system -- first, if you buy park hoppers, why can't you get FPP for EACH park? Second, if they are going to tier certain rides, why not tier the FPP system and let you upgrade via additonal $ to a deluxe FPP? Okay, let the stoning begin!

Tom

I agree something should be done if you have park hoppers. It was tough for us to get anything at our evening park because the fp kiosk lines were very long at MK in late December. I do know that concierge has the ability to help, but they are not required. ..just depends on who you talk to. I think our plan for next time would be go to the park with EM from about 8-11 and tour without fp, then take a break and in the late afternoon hop to a less crowded park and tour with fp.

Hi everyone! I just booked a stay in SL for the end of January. :) A friend recently returned from a club level stay at the CR and was offered a texting service, which included booking the extra rolling fast passes for them so they didn't have to visit the in-park kiosks. Is this something that has made its way to the GF yet? And if so, does it include both RPC and SL? It was a great time saver for my friend, so I'm hoping it will be available to us a well!

I'm getting excited. In about 3 weeks I get to book my first ever Grand Floridian stay!! Just bought VGF so it will be in the villas. I have the points for either a 3 night stay in a standard or lakeview. Does it matter? This stay will be post Dream cruise. Just going to hang out at the resort!!

We just returned from a wonderful week at the GF Villas. While we couldn't see the castle from our room, our view was spectacular. We were in a standard view 2 bedroom unit - 1525.

2014DisneyWorld401.jpg

2014DisneyWorld310.jpg

grannyminnie Safe travels!!! Have a GRAND trip!!! :goodvibes

MickeyNut I see a great new pic in your siggie....but..there is something missing....LOL...like a TICKER!!!

Trish WTG on being able to update your FPPs yet again!!! You are on a roll...::yes::

k&a&c'smom More wonderful pics...never get tired of seeing them...thanks for sharing..as aways! :goodvibes

EnviroChick Hope that you have a magical trip!! ONE week!! :woohoo:

jpalasky Happy Birthday to you!! Nice the the stars all aligned and you were able to book the GF and with a great offer! :thumbsup2

Liz

Looking forward to the pics Liz..:goodvibes The table set up that you are describing is the general table set up..prior to the refurb there had always been 4 larger table..and many more smaller ones throughout the 4th floor lounge area...

I have been sitting here looking at all of the info and I am SO excited for our upcoming trip. We've been a Poly family up to this point but I'm thinking that will be changing after this visit.

Is it January yet?!?

I agree...Congrats on your first GF stay...I am betting that it wont be your last!!

Congratulations on our purchase!! and your upcoming stay...How nice to be able to hear "Welcome Home" at the GF!! When we toured the villas..and also judging by the lovely pics that minie_meese just posted..standard view will be just fine!:goodvibes

Hi everyone! I just booked a stay in SL for the end of January. :) A friend recently returned from a club level stay at the CR and was offered a texting service, which included booking the extra rolling fast passes for them so they didn't have to visit the in-park kiosks. Is this something that has made its way to the GF yet? And if so, does it include both RPC and SL? It was a great time saver for my friend, so I'm hoping it will be available to us a well!

A January trip..just the right pick me up after the holidays!! :thumbsup2 We have one booked too! The texting service is not available at all CLs yet..but is available at the CR and the GF which happen to share the same Itinerary Planning Office...although this was not available during our last trip....I am looking forward utilizing the ability to request FPPs via text after we have used the first 3 right from the park..a nice CL perk IMO :wizard:

minie_meese Great view...nothing standard about it at all.....and lovely pics..thanks for sharing!! :goodvibes

Hope that all of my fellow GF fans are having a super Saturday! :earsgirl: preppy GF who has resolved to not change another thing for our trip..not a dining ressies..not a FPP...not a thing!!??? :rolleyes2 ....lol...

3bd6d9c8db1fb6a9c6c6f9d36234ee65_zps56b4a7f1.jpg

5e591ff82539d27c82075463646db7be_zps94be9302.jpg

RPC seating as promised.

Food and service has been incredible. We were lucky enough to catch Hallowishes Friday night from our balcony. Because Gaspy Terrace was used for an event, speakers were set up for the music. Truly Magical!

Liz

Hi Blue, k&a&c'smom, grannyminnie, MickeyNut, and all my friends here. Stopping in to say hello. To all who have trips planned to the GF, YAY! I'm so excited for you. DH says we are going in July, but nothing planned yet.

DS had not so good of a week in college, but seems to have rebounded. My heart broke for him. DD has started her tours of colleges. I was hoping she would look in Florida, but no such luck.

Have a Grand Sunday my friends. Enjoy the cool weather in the northeast!

We stayed in SL in July and that feature was sort-of offered to us. We were able to text them services that we wanted/needed but the idea of booking the extra FP was not part of the list they provided. I hope it has been added - was a great feature!:thumbsup2

12 days until we are back at WDW and 16 until back at GF - staying in a standard view room this go around so I'm really curious where we will end up. As we stayed in SL last time, at least I knew the building. We didn't get any of our room requests in July so hopefully we will get one of them this time! Can't wait to walk the grounds of the GF again. So gorgeous! :goodvibes

Me too!!!! I am going to order a HUGE cake!! Hmmm does the GF still bake the cakes for the Poly...

Oh a cake is an awesome idea.....from what I'm seeing, there's going to be a lot of us there with overlapping trips :yay:. I've never ordered a cake so I don't know it the GF still bakes them for the Poly, but hopefully someone else will be able to answer that question :).

DH and I will be at the GF for the first time in one week! :woohoo: I'm so excited I can't even concentrate. I posted a few times on this thread but read and searched it many, many times. It has been very helpful to me and I wanted to thank all of you for taking the time to post and sharing your knowledge with others.

Congrats on your first GF stay :cool1:. You are going to love the GF, it's such an amazing resort! I'm glad this thread has been helpful to you. There are a lot of very friendly posters on this thread that are very knowledgeable and always willing to help :goodvibes.

Thanks to everyone for the kind words about the new thread.

As always, it looks great :thumbsup2.

I booked the GF with the intention of getting the discount. Well for the first week I could not get it. I had to jump ship for a few days and got the BC for our upcoming stay. Finally I was able to convince my DH to stay at GF. Well my persistence payed off. I call today and some magical pixie dust came my way and I was able to get SPD for out January trip. Happy Birthday to me. :banana:

Congrats on getting back to the GF under the SPD deal :thumbsup2. The GF is a great place for a birthday celebration :cake:.

Is it January yet?!?

You will love the GF :goodvibes. The Poly is our favorite resort, but the GF runs a very close second. January will be here before you know it ::yes::.

Congrats on your VGF purchase :wizard:. I can't help with the views as we've never stayed there, but I'm sure either one will be great. Have fun planning and I hope what you want is available when you go to book :).

I can't help with the texting service and I see BlueSkies answered, but I wanted to say congrats on your upcoming SL stay :wizard:.

We just returned from a wonderful week at the GF Villas. While we couldn't see the castle from our room, our view was spectacular. We were in a standard view 2 bedroom unit - 1525.

Nice pics, thanks for sharing. Glad you had a great trip and enjoyed the villas :goodvibes.

MickeyNut I see a great new pic in your siggie....but..there is something missing....LOL...like a TICKER!!!

I know...lol....all of the Bulls pics I like are so big that it takes up too much space in my siggie :headache: :laughing:. I'm not sure if pics can be downsized or if I have to find smaller ones in order to fit a ticker (or 2 :rolleyes1), but I'm working on it...hopefully I'll get it to work today :thumbsup2.

RPC seating as promised.

Food and service has been incredible. We were lucky enough to catch Hallowishes Friday night from our balcony. Because Gaspy Terrace was used for an event, speakers were set up for the music. Truly Magical!

Liz

Thanks for the pics. Sounds like you are having a great time :goodvibes.

Hi Blue, k&a&c'smom, grannyminnie, MickeyNut, and all my friends here. Stopping in to say hello. To all who have trips planned to the GF, YAY! I'm so excited for you. DH says we are going in July, but nothing planned yet.

DS had not so good of a week in college, but seems to have rebounded. My heart broke for him. DD has started her tours of colleges. I was hoping she would look in Florida, but no such luck.

Have a Grand Sunday my friends. Enjoy the cool weather in the northeast!

Hi MommyGina :wave2:.....hope things are going well with you :flower3:.

I hope a July trip back to the GF works out for you :wizard:.

I'm sorry DS didn't have a good week, but glad he rebounded. I hope things continue to go well for him :).

Yes the texting service is available at the Grand in RPC and SL.

TinkerBellLiz, Thanks for the pic. When we were there last month there were very few tables, only half of what they normally had...the ones pictured are new. :yay: We had a hard time getting a seat most of the time. Makes me hopeful they will update the rest of the furniture...nothing matches!!! Of course it would also be nice if they got rid of that rug! :rotfl2:

So it was a glitch, bummer -- I must be in fantasyland, because I wish they would do two things with the FPP system -- first, if you buy park hoppers, why can't you get FPP for EACH park?
I agree!!!
Second, if they are going to tier certain rides, why not tier the FPP system and let you upgrade via additonal $ to a deluxe FPP? Okay, let the stoning begin!

Tom
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Not here! That's why I hang out on the gf thread. The best people on dis!

I am SO excited! I have been checking multiple times/day for the room I needed at the GF (wanted 3 nights Outer Bldg Garden View with AP rate but only had 2, first night was booked as outer bldg lagoon view but didn't want to change rooms after 1 night so we switched it to the Beach Club, and then to the Poly) I checked today and it wasn't available. For some reason I decided to search for the night before to see if I could get a room somewhere for 2 nights and just go a day early and the room I wanted showed up! So I finally was down to 1 reservation in the room I wanted for 4 nights, whewhoo! We were tempted to go a day early but it is just not feasible for a lot of reasons so I just called and cancelled the first night. I still don't know why I couldn't book it for 1 night in the first place but I finally have what I need! :cool1:

We were in WDW for 4 nights this week. Friday before we drove home we went to the Poly to walk around and to the GF. We are going to request Big Pine Key but honestly I don't think there is a bad building location they all look pretty close together. SO excited to be there in 42 days!

I spoke to two CMs today on the phone and they both said no cribs just pack n plays. I read on the boards that the deluxes DO have cribs. Anyone stay recently to know if this is true? We rented from A Baby's Best friend and had a good experience so I'll probably just do that again to make sure we do have a crib. We all slept great with the baby in a crib. We stayed overnight on our drive home and had to share a king with him. I spent the entire night hanging off the bed because of how he insisted on sleeping :rotfl2:

SOOOOOOO excited to finally stay at my dream resort for 3 nights!

Hey Guys...

So, i have a question for the Veterens... I have been to disney 5 times and have always rented a house. This trip we are doing the same but... I booked 1 night at the GF for a surprise. Debating on if should buy 2 nights.
I have a Outer building Deluxe Garden View booked. Just wondering what room request i should put in to get one close to the pool??
Is club level worth it? should i upgrade

Thanks soooo much for your help

Nicole

dtr_angel said:
I am SO excited! I have been checking multiple times/day for the room I needed at the GF (wanted 3 nights Outer Bldg Garden View with AP rate but only had 2, first night was booked as outer bldg lagoon view but didn't want to change rooms after 1 night so we switched it to the Beach Club, and then to the Poly) I checked today and it wasn't available. For some reason I decided to search for the night before to see if I could get a room somewhere for 2 nights and just go a day early and the room I wanted showed up! So I finally was down to 1 reservation in the room I wanted for 4 nights, whewhoo! We were tempted to go a day early but it is just not feasible for a lot of reasons so I just called and cancelled the first night. I still don't know why I couldn't book it for 1 night in the first place but I finally have what I need! :cool1:

We were in WDW for 4 nights this week. Friday before we drove home we went to the Poly to walk around and to the GF. We are going to request Big Pine Key but honestly I don't think there is a bad building location they all look pretty close together. SO excited to be there in 42 days!

I spoke to two CMs today on the phone and they both said no cribs just pack n plays. I read on the boards that the deluxes DO have cribs. Anyone stay recently to know if this is true? We rented from A Baby's Best friend and had a good experience so I'll probably just do that again to make sure we do have a crib. We all slept great with the baby in a crib. We stayed overnight on our drive home and had to share a king with him. I spent the entire night hanging off the bed because of how he insisted on sleeping :rotfl2:

SOOOOOOO excited to finally stay at my dream resort for 3 nights!

We stayed in September and they provided a pack n play. Didn't ask about a crib though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter