Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Information & Questions + Construction Updates

Hello Grand Floridian experts! We are GF newbies. We have always stayed at the Epcots are resorts in the past and this will be our first time at the GF.

I’ve been reading this thread in bits and pieces. There’s a lot to absorb.

Couple of questions:
1) We haven’t eaten at any of the GF restaurants before. I assume V&A will be a difficult reservation to nab, is that correct? Also, which restaurants at the GF are not to be missed? We are typically two meals and one snack per day people and would like to do one of those daily meals at the resort.

2) We have a resort view room booked. I have no clue where to begin with this with regard to a room request. Any tips?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Hello Grand Floridian experts! We are GF newbies. We have always stayed at the Epcots are resorts in the past and this will be our first time at the GF.

Couple of questions:
1) We haven’t eaten at any of the GF restaurants before. I assume V&A will be a difficult reservation to nab, is that correct?
DD booked for her honeymoon last Oct. it is a different process than others. I was able to book for her online ( I got up early that day). However I do remember finding a phone number for V&A and asked well in advance. I think I googled for that number or found on dis boards, …. I can’t remember but I think the chef table you had to call.
Also, which restaurants at the GF are not to be missed? We are typically two meals and one snack per day people and would like to do one of those daily meals at the resort.
Narcoosees just has such a nice view it’s a must do .

Citricos has a large bar area with same menu if you want to wing it time wise.

I also like the beach pool for a meal or drinks. If the weather is good to be on the lake is so nice. Courtyard pool is so relaxing it’s also a nice place for lunch and drinks.

ER is just lovely for the evening. Dd and I visit that bar often.
2) We have a resort view room booked. I have no clue where to begin with this with regard to a room request. Any tips?
The building locations are not really that important. It is a short walk from anywhere. However the upper floors have smaller/enclosed balconies. Just look at any picture of a building and you can see the difference. If prefer one over the other call and add that request OR at check in upon arrival.
GF is so lovely you will love it!

Couple of questions:
1) We haven’t eaten at any of the GF restaurants before. I assume V&A will be a difficult reservation to nab, is that correct? Also, which restaurants at the GF are not to be missed? We are typically two meals and one snack per day people and would like to do one of those daily meals at the resort.

Hello, and have fun with your first GF stay. You'll love it! I stay there multiple times a year as my daughter is a CM there. To answer your questions:

1. Yes, V&A is a difficult reservation to get. I have never eaten there. I booked it once, but then canceled. When it came down to it, I just couldn't stomach the price and duration and to be honest, I'm just not that sophisticated a foodie. I don't mind admitting that when I looked at the menu I literally didn't know what half the stuff was. I knew that someone else would appreciate that dinner reservation. So - the restaurants I visit every time are: Grand Floridian Cafe for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Love multiple menu items, favorite is Miso Salmon. Another I do every time is Narcoosee's (scallops!) but I usually just walk in and eat at the bar. I go Steakhouse 71 over at the Contemporary every time, for either breakfast, lunch or dinner. Yum. Back to the GF - Gasparilla Grill is good quality quick serve: fresh-made burger, flatbread, grilled cheese, mac and cheese, and mobile order is quick and convenient. My college age kids love the Beaches pool bar food and drinks. Every trip sees us over at the Poly for a bite and a resort visit- usually a bar snack dinner at Tambu Lounge, or at least a Dole Whip. If eating bar appetizers, we go to Tambu Lounge at Poly over Enchanted Rose at GF every time. We love the food, vibe and view at Tambu and don't really like the food at ER.

2. I stay Resort View 90% of the time. I never put in a specific room request. I think I've been in every building at this point and have liked them all for various reasons. I find it fun to see where I end up. I always hope I'll be magically pixie-dusted up to a better location/view, which has happened a handful of times (and has been awesome). I have no expectations around that happening, of course, but I know it's more likely to happen if I haven't put in a specific room request.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter