Disney's FORT WILDERNESS CABINS & CAMPGROUNDS Information & Questions

Is it possible to do the Chip N Dale singalong and meet them and still make the 8:30 pm wagon ride? Does the 8:30 pm wagon ride bring you to the dock to see the magic kingdom fireworks?

Also, if you rent a bike from disney does it include a bike lock?

Thank you! ❤

This time of year, yes you would be able to make it. The campfire lighting starts at 6:30 and the sing along starts at 7:00 with the movie starting at 7:40.

The wagon ride starts and ends at the Settlement, marina area. It would be a short walk down to the beach to see the fireworks.

Not sure on the bike lock question, sorry.

This time of year, yes you would be able to make it. The campfire lighting starts at 6:30 and the sing along starts at 7:00 with the movie starting at 7:40.

The wagon ride starts and ends at the Settlement, marina area. It would be a short walk down to the beach to see the fireworks.

Not sure on the bike lock question, sorry.
Thank you! Sorry, I should have specified. Our trip is March 18 - 20th. Does that change things? I really appreciate your help!

Thank you! Sorry, I should have specified. Our trip is March 18 - 20th. Does that change things? I really appreciate your help!

I think with those dates you should be good. The camping forum here usually post the recreation calendar on the beginning of the month, be sure to check there for the March calendar to check for time changes.

Just finishing up my first visit here at Fort wilderness. How am I supposed to ever try go to another Disney hotel again after this?

I am trying real hard. wish the price of cabins was the same in March as it was for December, I always figured December would be more expensive. really only want to stay here lol

couple of questions -

I am planning renting a golf cart and I was to decorate it so that the kids and I can find it easily. I bought some battery powered christmas lights and was trying to figure out how to attach the to the roof. I was thinking the command light clips do you think that would work or is decorating frowned upon. or any other ideas would be welcomed.

Also on the 1st page it says that there a 4 cup coffee pot that uses the filter paks - that isn't the pod pots like in the resort rooms is it?

Yes, the command strip small clip ones worked great for us for our Halloween decorated golf cart...attached all around the top and strung battery indoor/outdoor lights along the top...also bought one of those battery powered light boxes that you can write messages on in block letters and attached with bungee cords to front...oh, and LOTs of spiders and skeletons lol...took a good couple hours to get our cart decorated, kids loved it. Going for thanksgiving this year, can’t wait to decorate for Christmas! :santa:

I am trying real hard. wish the price of cabins was the same in March as it was for December, I always figured December would be more expensive. really only want to stay here lol

Camper rental? Sometimes, though, the rental plus site fee comes out to be just as much as a cabin rental...have to price it out. Some rental companies include the golf cart, though.

Going for my second stay at The Fort in a few weeks! So excited!

This trip everyone wants to go to Universal (on President's Day - yikes) and I don't want to go so I'm renting a bike and plan to spend most of the day just exploring the grounds.

Just finishing up my first visit here at Fort wilderness. How am I supposed to ever try go to another Disney hotel again after this?
We have our first stay at Fort Wilderness coming up in March. I was really on the fence between the cabins and a family suite. Just curious - what were you're favorite things about the Fort?

Do the cabins still have a dvd player (and if yes, is there anywhere at the Fort to rent dvds)? We haven't stayed in one since they've been renovated and I can't find an updated source.

You don't go back to the resorts. I mean, if you have a camper/rv, why would you? :confused3

Now you're gonna have to slug it out for a campsite like the rest of us on the reservation system.:surfweb:

It's a sickness with no known cure, Treysar.

Bama Ed

We have our first stay at Fort Wilderness coming up in March. I was really on the fence between the cabins and a family suite. Just curious - what were you're favorite things about the Fort?

ejdmomma,

The Fort (campsites and even cabins) are for a particular type of WDW guest.

If you are a theme park warrior who plans to be in a park every day of your stay at some point, the Fort is probably not for you.

If you are a food nerd who likes a couple of table dining choices and quick service choices at your home resort, the Fort is probably not for you.

If you want to RELAX on vacation, you enjoy the outdoors, and have a personality (you can look people in the eye and say "good morning"), the Fort is probably for you.

We go to the Fort for 4-6 nights at a time and 1-2 days in a park (we are rope drop to closing bell types now). The non-park time is spent enjoying things at the Fort and elsewhere around WDW. If you haven't watched the sun come up over the forest/swamp across the main road from 500 loop during an early morning walk, it is spectacular. I like to crawl in the brush and find the old remains of the Fort Wilderness Railroad track that was left behind. We ride bikes, fish, canoe, or walk to Wilderness Lodge. There is a movie and campfire singalong every night which is a throwback to my childhood. The turkeys wander through (a herd of them) sometimes. Kids old enough to take care of themselves can be turned loose and be a kid.

Watch the fireworks over MK from the beach at night (music piped in); wait for the Electrical Water Parade nightly. Let the kids participate in the pool activities each afternoon. Go visit the horses in the Horse Barn at Tri Circle D ranch then watch them pull the wagons in the evening. Walk through the camping loops or get a golf cart to go "looping" to look at campers' decorations/setups, get ideas, or day dream of the next trailer/rv.

I never get everything done on my list of things to do. Guess that's why I keep going back.

Bama Ed

Camper rental? Sometimes, though, the rental plus site fee comes out to be just as much as a cabin rental...have to price it out. Some rental companies include the golf cart, though.
we use to have a camper and stayed once at the grounds in it. I rather not do the work at all. We have two rooms at shades of green which is alot of room but i love the cabins and if i can get it around 300 it is only 30 more than 2 rooms. plus a cart rental from offsite. I'm gonna call today and beg. lol

Do the cabins still have a dvd player (and if yes, is there anywhere at the Fort to rent dvds)? We haven't stayed in one since they've been renovated and I can't find an updated source.
no i checked my pictures, If you face the TV there is a router and phone to the right, that's it

ejdmomma,

The Fort (campsites and even cabins) are for a particular type of WDW guest.

If you are a theme park warrior who plans to be in a park every day of your stay at some point, the Fort is probably not for you.

If you are a food nerd who likes a couple of table dining choices and quick service choices at your home resort, the Fort is probably not for you.

If you want to RELAX on vacation, you enjoy the outdoors, and have a personality (you can look people in the eye and say "good morning"), the Fort is probably for you.

We go to the Fort for 4-6 nights at a time and 1-2 days in a park (we are rope drop to closing bell types now). The non-park time is spent enjoying things at the Fort and elsewhere around WDW. If you haven't watched the sun come up over the forest/swamp across the main road from 500 loop during an early morning walk, it is spectacular. I like to crawl in the brush and find the old remains of the Fort Wilderness Railroad track that was left behind. We ride bikes, fish, canoe, or walk to Wilderness Lodge. There is a movie and campfire singalong every night which is a throwback to my childhood. The turkeys wander through (a herd of them) sometimes. Kids old enough to take care of themselves can be turned loose and be a kid.

Watch the fireworks over MK from the beach at night (music piped in); wait for the Electrical Water Parade nightly. Let the kids participate in the pool activities each afternoon. Go visit the horses in the Horse Barn at Tri Circle D ranch then watch them pull the wagons in the evening. Walk through the camping loops or get a golf cart to go "looping" to look at campers' decorations/setups, get ideas, or day dream of the next trailer/rv.

I never get everything done on my list of things to do. Guess that's why I keep going back.

Bama Ed

If I could “like” this a thousand times, I would. Perfectly stated.
The last time we camped at the Fort we stayed 11 nights and only went to the parks twice. The other time was spent doing other things in the area(LL, KSS), and lots of Fort time. It’s quiet, peaceful, I’m in my own bed, and we have space...:cloud9:

Another quick question! Do the cabins still get small bottles of shampoo etc, or have they switched to the dispensers on the wall?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter