Disney's FORT WILDERNESS CABINS & CAMPGROUNDS Information & Questions

Does anyone know if the cabins has a pitcher? To make iced tea? Also, is it ok to drink the tap water? Thanks!

Not sure about a pitcher. But I do know that we think the water out of the taps everywhere at WDW is horrible tasting. Like undrinkable. We won't use it to make
coffee or brush our teeth.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if the cabins has a pitcher? To make iced tea? Also, is it ok to drink the tap water? Thanks!
We had a pitcher. We made ice tea too. I don't like the taste of the water either. The ice in the cabin fridge ice maker has the same taste. It has the sulfur taste like well water does. It's safe to drink but many do not like the taste.

Which restaurants can I find pizza at this resort?

Two places.

One is the Snack Bar at the Meadow Pool (main pool) but it is seasonal and not always open in colder weather. It's a smaller personal size pizza.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/cabins-at-fort-wilderness-resort/meadow-snack-bar/menus/

There are larger family size pizzas available at P&J's Southern Takeout down at Pioneer Hall between Hoop Dee Doo and Trails End.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/d...d-js-southern-takeout/menus/lunch-and-dinner/

This one is also available for 2 adult dining credits. Also as the name implies, this is a takeout food location so take it back to your cabin or campsite. Or you can ask for plates and eat it on the side porch on the picnic tables.

Bama Ed

Last edited:

Are there places to lock up our bikes at the marina and main bus stop? We want to bring our bikes, and figure we can use them instead of the internal bus. This is our first time at the fort and we're new to camping (just got our tt last week) so this is going to be a new experience all around :scared::D

Two years ago
In December We rented a golf cart and drove around to look at decorations. I will be there this Friday, January 4 and wanted to do the same. Will sites still be decorated at that point? Thank you

Two years ago
In December We rented a golf cart and drove around to look at decorations. I will be there this Friday, January 4 and wanted to do the same. Will sites still be decorated at that point? Thank you

I think you will see some decorations around the camp sites. Most people leave them up until they are ready to leave. The Fort has already started to take there’s down. I will be there on the 2nd and can report back with what I observe.

We just booked out 1st trip to FW campgrounds (tent) for Dec 8-15, 2019 and can't wait! We have only been to WDW once in 2013 and we stayed at Pop so this will be new for us be we are looking forward to it.

We just booked out 1st trip to FW campgrounds (tent) for Dec 8-15, 2019 and can't wait! We have only been to WDW once in 2013 and we stayed at Pop so this will be new for us be we are looking forward to it.

You need to hang out on the DIS Camping Board for the next 12 months .....

https://www.disboards.com/forums/camping-at-disney-world.24/

Hope your trip turns out well.

Bama Ed

PS - and read a lot of the recent threads.

couple of questions -

I am planning renting a golf cart and I was to decorate it so that the kids and I can find it easily. I bought some battery powered christmas lights and was trying to figure out how to attach the to the roof. I was thinking the command light clips do you think that would work or is decorating frowned upon. or any other ideas would be welcomed.

Also on the 1st page it says that there a 4 cup coffee pot that uses the filter paks - that isn't the pod pots like in the resort rooms is it?

I have a question. We are taking Disney express to Fort wilderness into weeks. Where does Disney express drop us off? If we are renting a golf cart, will it be waiting for us? I’m trying to picture how that first day will go. But we need to take a bus to our cabin and then get the golf cart later? We are renting through Disney. Also, do people decorate their golf carts even when it isn’t Christmas? We want to decorate ours so we know which one it is and because it’s just really fun. I’m looking for decoration ideas! Thank you.

I also just want to say thank you to everyone who is answered my questions. You guys have been so helpful!

couple of questions -

I am planning renting a golf cart and I was to decorate it so that the kids and I can find it easily. I bought some battery powered christmas lights and was trying to figure out how to attach the to the roof. I was thinking the command light clips do you think that would work or is decorating frowned upon. or any other ideas would be welcomed.

Also on the 1st page it says that there a 4 cup coffee pot that uses the filter paks - that isn't the pod pots like in the resort rooms is it?

I'm not sure about the coffee. We don't drink it. We decorated our golf cart with some battery lights and one of those car flags you can stick on your car window. We used zip ties to hook everything on the frame of the cart. We rented from Disney.

I have a question. We are taking Disney express to Fort wilderness into weeks. Where does Disney express drop us off? If we are renting a golf cart, will it be waiting for us? I’m trying to picture how that first day will go. But we need to take a bus to our cabin and then get the golf cart later? We are renting through Disney. Also, do people decorate their golf carts even when it isn’t Christmas? We want to decorate ours so we know which one it is and because it’s just really fun. I’m looking for decoration ideas! Thank you.

Magical express drops off at the check in building at the front of the campground. They call that the outpost area. Golf cart pickup starts at 1 PM. Not sure if there is any luck with an earlier pick up. We went to the front desk and did the paperwork for the golf cart rental and then went right outside the building to get the golf cart.

If you are too early to get your golf cart, you can ask at the front desk and they will get you a van ride over to your cabin so you don't have to drag any luggage you have on a bus.

We decorated with some lights and a WV flag. The carts have numbers on them. I can't remember if the number was on the key or not to help you remember. But it's much easier if there's something unique to spot it!

couple of questions -

The coffee maker is a standard 12 cup brewer. It doesn't use the pods/disks you find in the single-serve coffeemakers at other resorts. You'll need the basket, not cone, filters. We brought our own filters and coffee. I don't remember if Disney also supplied coffee and filters though.

The coffee maker is a standard 12 cup brewer. It doesn't use the pods/disks you find in the single-serve coffeemakers at other resorts. You'll need the basket, not cone, filters. We brought our own filters and coffee. I don't remember if Disney also supplied coffee and filters though.

they do supply you with coffee and filters, it's all in one pack of coffee.

Is it possible to do the Chip N Dale singalong and meet them and still make the 8:30 pm wagon ride? Does the 8:30 pm wagon ride bring you to the dock to see the magic kingdom fireworks?

Also, if you rent a bike from disney does it include a bike lock?

Thank you! ❤

Last edited:
9770DC45-9227-4BDB-870F-63DB01E7F042.jpeg Hi all! On this map, are the “skinny paths” for bikes? So if I wanted to get from my cabin to most important places at the Fort, I could get there safely by bike? And not be on the road with cars? Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter