Disney's FORT WILDERNESS CABINS & CAMPGROUNDS Information & Questions

We are booked for spring break in a cabin! So excited!

We are not planning to rent a golf cart - I just really don't want the extra expense. Is the cabin loop closest to the entrance close enough to walk to the buses? Would we have any luck requesting this loop specifically?

We are booked for spring break in a cabin! So excited!

We are not planning to rent a golf cart - I just really don't want the extra expense. Is the cabin loop closest to the entrance close enough to walk to the buses? Would we have any luck requesting this loop specifically?

It is close enough to walk from those first loops. We walked one day from the 2500 loop and it wasn't a long walk. You'll have to use the internal bus to get down to the settlement to catch the boat to the MK.

Call and add a loop request to your reservation. We're 2 for 2 on loop requests at the cabins.

It is close enough to walk from those first loops. We walked one day from the 2500 loop and it wasn't a long walk. You'll have to use the internal bus to get down to the settlement to catch the boat to the MK.

Call and add a loop request to your reservation. We're 2 for 2 on loop requests at the cabins.
Thanks for the reply! Glad to hear that you were able to get your requests!

Our 180 window opened up this morning (yay!!) We will be there for my daughter’s 9th birthday and she was really wanting to do the archery experience. I called right at 7 a.m. this morning for what would be 180+2 to book the archery and it was totally full. I was so surprised!! Just wondering if anyone has any insight into whether or not people tend to cancel this or if anyone has any tips. My kiddo was pretty bummed.

Once I check in, can I use my personal vehicle to drive to parks? I have annual passes and parking at parks is free.
You can but going to MK by boat from The Fort is so much better. And from MK you can get to EPCOT by monorail. And if you have hoppers you can cut thru EPCOT & catch another boat to Hollywood Studios.

We are thinking about the cabins for our fall trip but I have a few questions.
If we happen to get one of the furthest cabins, can we rent a golf cart and drive it to the dock to grab the boat to MK? or to eat shop?
Also, if we do not rent a golf cart, how often do the internal busses run?
last question. Do the park busses pick up at our cabin or is there a bus stop we need to go to? if we have to go to a stop,and its not walking distance, can we park the golf cart there if we rent one?

We are thinking about the cabins for our fall trip but I have a few questions.
If we happen to get one of the furthest cabins, can we rent a golf cart and drive it to the dock to grab the boat to MK? or to eat shop?
Also, if we do not rent a golf cart, how often do the internal busses run?
last question. Do the park busses pick up at our cabin or is there a bus stop we need to go to? if we have to go to a stop,and its not walking distance, can we park the golf cart there if we rent one?

You can drive and park your golf cart at the boat dock to MK. There's cart parking there and also by the restaurants, pool and campfire area. There is also cart parking at the outpost where you catch the bus to the other parks and springs.

If you do not have a cart, the internal bus stops are within walking distance of the campground loops. There are several stops scattered through the cabin area. You would take the internal bus to the settlement or to to the outpost depending on where you wish to go. If you have a cart, you would not use the internal bus routes as it's quicker to drive your golf cart to the park bus or boat areas.
The internal busses do not have a time schedule. They loop through the campground on 3 different routes. They seem to come by fairly frequently.

You can drive and park your golf cart at the boat dock to MK. There's cart parking there and also by the restaurants, pool and campfire area. There is also cart parking at the outpost where you catch the bus to the other parks and springs.

If you do not have a cart, the internal bus stops are within walking distance of the campground loops. There are several stops scattered through the cabin area. You would take the internal bus to the settlement or to to the outpost depending on where you wish to go. If you have a cart, you would not use the internal bus routes as it's quicker to drive your golf cart to the park bus or boat areas.
The internal busses do not have a time schedule. They loop through the campground on 3 different routes. They seem to come by fairly frequently.
Thank you!

To reassure newbies, the internal bus system is fast and convenient. I haven't waited more than five minutes for a bus, and even if you board the wrong bus it'll get to your loop eventually. Nor are distances overwhelming.

My family loved visiting Fort Wilderness during the week of Halloween and seeing all of the campers' impressive decorations. We'll be back the first week in December and hear Christmas is just as festive, but I'm wondering if campers go all out and decorate that early. Are the number of decorations typically on display around December 5-7 worth a trip to the Fort?

To reassure newbies, the internal bus system is fast and convenient. I haven't waited more than five minutes for a bus, and even if you board the wrong bus it'll get to your loop eventually. Nor are distances overwhelming.
Newbies? I thought the Information and questions thread was for asking questions.

We are going to have day visitors to our cabin. What do I need to do to arrange this? They will have a car, and I was hoping they would be able to park directly at our cabin. (We will not have a car, so there will be space available). Is this allowed? They are my elderly snow bird parents, who are excited to visit us while we are at WD. I will also have a golf cart and can go get them from somewhere else if that is how it all works. Just not sure if I need to get them approved somewhere or pay a guest fee, etc.

Thank you wise ones!

When we had visitors to our campsite all they did was stop at the guard shack, the driver showed his ID & gave our name and campsite #. They parked at our site (just for the day). No problems.

We leave in thirteen days!
We were going to stay at POP this trip but my DW surprised me yesterday as she was able to snag a cabin at Fort Wilderness!!!!!!! So excited! It is our 25th Anniversary treat!
We have never stayed at Fort Wilderness before but we have stayed at Wilderness Lodge (our favourite Disney hotel) and have been to FW to go to Trail’s End many times (another of our favourites) and we really like the WL and FW area. We don’t have a camper or camp in a tent we but really liked the looks of the refurbished cabins.
Can’t wait... 6 days at WDW and then we go to Fort Lauderdale for the inaugural sailing of the Celebrity Edge. Excitement level 12!
JD

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter