Disney's FORT WILDERNESS CABINS & CAMPGROUNDS Information & Questions

I just saw the show and they are taking the cabins away and giving them to DVC. I just cried
@Saltywardog

We have a whole thread over on the Camping forum. This may not be quite as bad as it initially sounds. Hopefully this just turns into a cabin remodel/upgrade with some new amenities to support the DVC image. With Trails End being converted into a quick service "market", the Fort needs another sit down restaurant worthy of DVC clientele. Like the other DVC resorts, cabins should still be available for non-DVC to rent.

j

Just wish there was something left for the little guy, besides a tent. DVC is not for everyone.
Lisa,

I'm not sure what you mean. The cabins have always been considered a "Moderate" level resort for pricing and perks. I would suspect the new "DVC" cabins are priced similarly (or slightly higher) than the current cabin rates. The campsites for the rest of us aren't changing. And most of us "camp" in much more than a tent.

Fort- Jan 2022.jpg

j

Lisa,

I'm not sure what you mean. The cabins have always been considered a "Moderate" level resort for pricing and perks. I would suspect the new "DVC" cabins are priced similarly (or slightly higher) than the current cabin rates. The campsites for the rest of us aren't changing. And most of us "camp" in much more than a tent.

View attachment 756385

j
Indeed
IMG_0107.JPG

We aren't staying at the Fort but are thinking of visiting. We are wanting to do different things this trip and not a huge amount of park time. If we take the boat over, would we be able to enjoy anything? Family isn't interested in the Hoop, or horseback riding...

We aren't staying at the Fort but are thinking of visiting. We are wanting to do different things this trip and not a huge amount of park time. If we take the boat over, would we be able to enjoy anything? Family isn't interested in the Hoop, or horseback riding...
Depends, how old is the familly? You could walk to the new horse barn and see the horses, then go to the chip and dale campfire /singalong, if they restarted it. More geared for younger kids. The hoop de do, is probably the greatest corniest dinner show around, i would definitely do that. Good food, fun show for all ages and drink as much as you want. If you go around a holiday, people walk the loops to see the campers all decked out.

Depends, how old is the familly? You could walk to the new horse barn and see the horses, then go to the chip and dale campfire /singalong, if they restarted it. More geared for younger kids. The hoop de do, is probably the greatest corniest dinner show around, i would definitely do that. Good food, fun show for all ages and drink as much as you want. If you go around a holiday, people walk the loops to see the campers all decked out.
"Kids" are 19 and almost 20. Apparently the days of Hoop are over :(

Howdy members of FW! I am sure this is a silly question but we are planing our first trip to FW and renting a golf cart. Are there road signs for all the major destination (e.g., Meadow Trading Post, Chip n' Dale's Campfire). Any tips would be appreciated for a first time navigator.

Signage is very good at the Fort. It is also a pretty simple layout. A central road down the middle that ends at the Settlement with the boat dock to MK. A 4 way stop in the middle. Turn right at the 4 way and it curves around and ends up at the Settlement. Turn left and it dead ends at the group camp area. The cabins are on their own side loop road that is near the 4 way stop in the middle of the campground.

j

1691196409774.png

Howdy members of FW! I am sure this is a silly question but we are planing our first trip to FW and renting a golf cart. Are there road signs for all the major destination (e.g., Meadow Trading Post, Chip n' Dale's Campfire). Any tips would be appreciated for a first time navigator.
Like everywhere else in life, you will know the layout like the back of your hand on the day you leave! Lol. Its pretty simple and if you go the wrong way , it will not take you more then 5 mins to get to where you were headed to in the first place. Have fun.

Signage is very good at the Fort. It is also a pretty simple layout. A central road down the middle that ends at the Settlement with the boat dock to MK. A 4 way stop in the middle. Turn right at the 4 way and it curves around and ends up at the Settlement. Turn left and it dead ends at the group camp area. The cabins are on their own side loop road that is near the 4 way stop in the middle of the campground.
Appreciate the information Teamubr

does anyone know when usually the guests put the halloween decorations up around the campsite? I'm going for a quick getaway at the end of august and was hoping they're early like the magic kingdom. i went during xmas last year and it was awesome

I suspect there may be a few things out on individual sites at the end of August. I have been going down a lot in September and early October and things pickup throughout September and are in full swing by the beginning of October. With the parks already decorated, I suspect that may get guests into the spirit even sooner.

j

If I want to rent a golf cart, do they require full prepayment or do you use a card for holding the reservation and pay upon checkin? Trying to budget for our trip. TIA!

If I want to rent a golf cart, do they require full prepayment or do you use a card for holding the reservation and pay upon checkin? Trying to budget for our trip. TIA!
They use a card to hold the reservation and then charge the full amount of your reservation on the day you are scheduled to pick up your cart.

Hi Fort Fiends!

I have a transportation question for you. Can you take your golf cart and park it at the main reception area (or nearby) until you return from the parks? The question feels a little silly to ask, but just not sure there are any nuances to the process. We plan to Uber it back and forth to the parks.

Hi Fort Fiends!

I have a transportation question for you. Can you take your golf cart and park it at the main reception area (or nearby) until you return from the parks? The question feels a little silly to ask, but just not sure there are any nuances to the process. We plan to Uber it back and forth to the parks.
Yes, there is golf cart parking at the Fort Outpost just behind the big bus depot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!