Disney's Doorway to Dreams Video

Sully

We scare because we care
DW and I visited the store last Thursday and were satisfied with the presentation. It was sort of what we expected. We did not buy any extra points. We have also been very strong supporters of DVC on this site. Today I went on the Disney's Doorway To Dreams.com site and viewed the grand opening video. The first 2/3rd of the video was pathetic and very low class. A this point I am getting tired of Dee Vee Cee. They also had some guy named Robby acting stupid. By viewing this video, I would not want to buy Disney Vacation Club points. I know Jim Lewis was there on Thursday. The management had better get their act together. I also hope someone from management reads these boards and give the comments some careful consideration.

I just checked out the video. I agree, not the usual Disney quality. Jim Lewis, erase the video before you boss sees it.

Wow. That was painful to watch. The tour of the store looked about as good as I could have filmed it with my old camcorder. The grand opening video was so painful to watch I had to stop it about 1/4 of the way thru. They need to take that off ASAP.

I agree - that is embarassing. I always thought of DVC as having class but if that is how they are portraying it to the general public. :confused:

You know Jim Lewis when we talked at Member Homecoming and when he talked on the 2005 Member Cruise was great with his love of the company. He is a good looking and well spoken man. Why not use him especially since he is from nearby Indiana. Instead of this Robby geek who was annoying and DeeVeeCee who I think works best for current members as a comedy skit and not as a representative of who we are.

Very sad.

I just watched the video, and it was not the same presentation that was given at the mall at 11:00 am on Saturday. It was not much different, but there were a few things. I also checked my photos, and there were not the same people standing near the stage. Does anyone know if there was more than one ceremony?

Wow - I've seen Ronco Infomercials that were more entertaining and professional than that.

Wow. I also turned off the grand opening video. I just couldn't watch the whole thing.

Awful!! Stupid, cheap, very low class. I just don't get either of those people.

:sad2:

Yikes! :scared1: Just took a look at the video and my dh begged me to turn it off. We were at the member preview 8/1 and am glad we decided to skip the grand opening on Saturday. I hope they take that down, it is embarrassing.:sad2:

:rotfl2: :laughing:

I think those two actors are completely wasted in those roles.
In case you don't recognize Robby, he's a Comedy Warehouse/Adventurers
Club regular cast member. The Deevy See chick, as a character, is pretty
annoying, but my friends tell me she does great Streetmosphere elsewhere
on property.

I think Robby was practically channelling Chris Farley's "Matt Foley"
character, but with a different trademark gesture.

We were there right up by the stage and agree that the opening skit with those two was not very appealing. It could have been done much better. I talked with Jim Lewis and having him get up there and speak would have been a much better use of this Grand Opening

Seeing that video reassures me that I made the right decision not booking the DVC Member Cruise again. Shows DVC Marketing and Sales is still on the wrong track and they havent straightened up their act yet. They are getting the word out and selling, but they have definitely taken the low road.

Love my DVC, hate the tacky sales tactics they've been using the last 2-3 years and they are getting tackier.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter