Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wanted to give a quick report on the Sangria class that is offered at Three Bridges.
My friend and I went last weekend and had a blast.
You start off with the 4 glass sample, to test which we liked
They talk about what is in each, types of wines, liquors, fruits.
Next you get to make your own.
You pick a wine, liquor (including some that have an uncharge) juice, and they give fresh fruit to go with it.
You get a blank card to put your recipe on too.
At the end you get a certificate with your name on it that is flammable.
Throughly enjoyed it.
Oh, and they give you a plate of hummus and breads to gnosh on to start.

I was looking at the activities calendar for January and saw a bedtime story and sweet treats listed for Mondays and Wednesdays. Has anyone done this with their family, or happened to walk by and catch a glimpse of what it is like?
I did pass by this a few nights ago actually. It didn’t really seem like anything special, just a CM reading a story in the lobby corner by the bathrooms and elevators.

Edit: To add, I prefer Lyft as there is usually a coupon for a few $ off or a certain % off.

Those of you who have stayed at Gran Destino Tower, have you seen many families with younger kids staying there? We plan to go to Disney most likely in June 2021and DS will be 7 at the time. We went a couple of years ago and stayed at POFQ and loved it. We are debating if we are going to stay there again or try a new resort. This is one of the places we were possibly considering.

Those of you who have stayed at Gran Destino Tower, have you seen many families with younger kids staying there? We plan to go to Disney most likely in June 2021and DS will be 7 at the time. We went a couple of years ago and stayed at POFQ and loved it. We are debating if we are going to stay there again or try a new resort. This is one of the places we were possibly considering.

We stayed at GDT in November, and had several families with kiddos on our floor. They all seemed to be having fun! We have loved POFQ for years, but we might just be converts to GDT. It was a wonderful stay.

Wanted to give a quick report on the Sangria class that is offered at Three Bridges.
My friend and I went last weekend and had a blast.
You start off with the 4 glass sample, to test which we liked
They talk about what is in each, types of wines, liquors, fruits.
Next you get to make your own.
You pick a wine, liquor (including some that have an uncharge) juice, and they give fresh fruit to go with it.
You get a blank card to put your recipe on too.
At the end you get a certificate with your name on it that is flammable.
Throughly enjoyed it.
Oh, and they give you a plate of hummus and breads to gnosh on to start.
What?? LOL!

Just got back from a 4 night stay at GDT.

We stayed in room 333 which is on the 3rd floor (Tower-Standard View). I would absolutely NEVER stay in that room again. The room itself is great, but the location was not good. It is the first room off the elevators and faces the main bus stop. The laundry room as kind of across the hall as well. It was too noisy for us. You could hear the ding from the elevators and the beeping from the buses when they load wheelchairs and scooters at the bus stop. On top of the ambient noises, we had a neighbor with a child that banged on everything and yelled late in the evening and early in the morning. It was bad. We contemplated on calling the front desk several times, but we didn't. Our fault I guess.

On our second night, we tried Toledo. We started off with the charcuterie for two which was one of the best charcuterie boards we have had on WDW property. For dinner, the boss ordered the scallops with a side of the potato bravas. I had ordered the Manhattan steak and a side of the olive oil and cheese whipped potatoes. She enjoyed her meal a lot. Mine was very good. It was by far not the best steak I've had at WDW, but was enjoyable. However, the whipped potatoes were the star of the show for me. They were fantastic! The next time we go, I am considering ordering something from the tapas menu and getting these to go with it. She admittedly liked them more that the potato bravas. Service was good, but the whole experience is a little on the slower side. I think when we dine at WDW, over time we get used to the rush to get out of the meal and onto our next adventure. If I were to compare it to a nice local restaurant at home, the service/timing would be very similar. This would not be the place to dine if you are in a hurry to get to a fastpass or fireworks.

We hit up three bridges on another evening. Both of us ordered the burger and fries again. Very good. In fact, the fries have to be the best fries on property. Very well seasoned and down right tasty.

Oh, one other thing on the 3rd floor room we were in. The window was not as large as in other rooms. It was no big deal for us, but may be for others. It is not a traditional square/rectangle window. It was the arched ones you see from the outside.

We stayed there last weekend and there were definitely lots of families with younger kids. We were on floor 4 and saw numerous kids and families in the hallway. It’s a great hotel, hope you enjoy your stay!

Can anyone tell me if I can get a case of water or half gallon of milk at the resort? And how much?
Do they sell baby food(pears or applesauce)?

We're staying here last week of February, hopefully at Cabanas, and can't wait! Usually end up in Casitas which I love, but excited to try something different.

The sangria class is definitely on our radar, it sounds really cool. @AngiTN did you call ahead to book it? That seems to be the way to do it based on some quick Googling. We had been up in the air on what to do Saturday, and this seems like a perfect afternoon break.

We're staying here last week of February, hopefully at Cabanas, and can't wait! Usually end up in Casitas which I love, but excited to try something different.

The sangria class is definitely on our radar, it sounds really cool. @AngiTN did you call ahead to book it? That seems to be the way to do it based on some quick Googling. We had been up in the air on what to do Saturday, and this seems like a perfect afternoon break.
Yes. Well, sort of.
DH and I were there over Christmas and we saw the sign out. I had an upcoming trip with a friend and DH suggested we do the class, so he booked it for us. But he did it while still at the resort. It is a small class so liable to book up quickly. I'd call if I were you, and you know you want to do it.
When first saw the sign the class was from 3:00-4:00 but when I went to the class they had a newer, different sign out that said 2:30-3:30. Our class was at 3:00, and that sign that said 2:30 was very confusing to everyone attending. I'm not sure what the time will be now, just slightly before 3 Bridges opens I suppose.
Here's the sandwich board that was up during my trip.
CF7C3708-2B98-4FD0-8B10-323778BA9989.jpeg

Yes. Well, sort of.
DH and I were there over Christmas and we saw the sign out. I had an upcoming trip with a friend and DH suggested we do the class, so he booked it for us. But he did it while still at the resort. It is a small class so liable to book up quickly. I'd call if I were you, and you know you want to do it.
When first saw the sign the class was from 3:00-4:00 but when I went to the class they had a newer, different sign out that said 2:30-3:30. Our class was at 3:00, and that sign that said 2:30 was very confusing to everyone attending. I'm not sure what the time will be now, just slightly before 3 Bridges opens I suppose.
Here's the sandwich board that was up during my trip.
View attachment 469214

Good to know, thank you! That's the same number I found when searching so I'll give them a call and see what is available. Thanks for the info!!

So for our visit at the end of May/beginning of June, we had water view because standard view was not available. Originally we were arriving Saturday, May 30 and staying until June 10. Well because airfare is so much more expensive on Saturday, I checked to see if we change our arrival one day earlier to May 29th (when airfare was the cheapest of the weekend arrival) what the cost would be for the extra night. Amazingly, when the CM added the extra night standard view became available even though she had just checked if it was available for our original dates and it wasn't. So we booked the standard view and extra night and saved over $200 on the price of our reservation even after paying for the extra night. Our friends who are going the same time we are also couldn't get standard view. But after I told them about what happened to us, they called and added the 29th onto their package and sure enough, standard view became available. It would appear that Saturday/Sunday arrivals do not get the standard view option under the current promotion but that Friday night arrivals do. Certainly if they have standard view available for 12 nights they would have had it available for the 11 night original stay for the same exact dates but the one extra night. Seems like they're holding inventory based on day of arrival? Thoughts?

So for our visit at the end of May/beginning of June, we had water view because standard view was not available. Originally we were arriving Saturday, May 30 and staying until June 10. Well because airfare is so much more expensive on Saturday, I checked to see if we change our arrival one day earlier to May 29th (when airfare was the cheapest of the weekend arrival) what the cost would be for the extra night. Amazingly, when the CM added the extra night standard view became available even though she had just checked if it was available for our original dates and it wasn't. So we booked the standard view and extra night and saved over $200 on the price of our reservation even after paying for the extra night. Our friends who are going the same time we are also couldn't get standard view. But after I told them about what happened to us, they called and added the 29th onto their package and sure enough, standard view became available. It would appear that Saturday/Sunday arrivals do not get the standard view option under the current promotion but that Friday night arrivals do. Certainly if they have standard view available for 12 nights they would have had it available for the 11 night original stay for the same exact dates but the one extra night. Seems like they're holding inventory based on day of arrival? Thoughts?
Perhaps not so much based on arrival date, but on length of stay. I can't imagine the logistics that goes into making the resorts as available as possible for guests, so I have to trust that there is a reason that somethings are available or not.

It has nothing to do with certain views being available for certain check in days.
It does have to do with stays that cause orphan rooms not appearing as available online
They can be booked by GS if you call
That's why the day "became available"
GS overrode the booking requirements that prevent single days being left unbooked
That's a simplified answer to their complex algorithms they use for bookings

It has nothing to do with certain views being available for certain check in days.
It does have to do with stays that cause orphan rooms not appearing as available online
GS overrode the booking requirements that prevent single days being left unbooked

This! :thumbsup2

Thanks for the info. Using this information it could be plausible that a convention ends on Friday resulting in people checking out on Friday and by our original plan to check in on Saturday, Friday night would have gone without being booked.

There was a family at the end of our hall last week when we were there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter