Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are thinking of bookings business class to insure location. However the lounge seems to be an added bonus. What is included in the lounge? Do you have to pay for items in the lounge?

Thanks

No, you do not have to pay. The Lounge items are included in the room rate. RachelTori posted some great info and photos here! They are about half way down the page in the link listed.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....023399&page=32

We are thinking of bookings business class to insure location. However the lounge seems to be an added bonus. What is included in the lounge? Do you have to pay for items in the lounge?

Thanks

No, the offerings are all included in the Business Class price.

There are other great room locations at CSR, but you can't guarantee them. It's a nice feeling to know where your room is going to be.

That is exactly why I decided to stay BC. I LOVE the idea of knowing we will be in a prime location. That has been a real time saver for us on other Disney trips. It's literally close to everything. IMHO just that is worth the extra $$. We are also CSR newbies but are very excited to check it out, especially after Pete's rave review on the podcast.

Now if I can just upgrade my room to FD Wednesday morning....... Anybody think this might be an issue?

Thanks and have a great weekend!

That is exactly why I decided to stay BC. I LOVE the idea of knowing we will be in a prime location. That has been a real time saver for us on other Disney trips. It's literally close to everything. IMHO just that is worth the extra $$. We are also CSR newbies but are very excited to check it out, especially after Pete's rave review on the podcast. Now if I can just upgrade my room to FD Wednesday morning....... Anybody think this might be an issue? Thanks and have a great weekend!

Business class rooms are limited and if you are there when there is a convention the availability will be even more limited. Luckily there isn't a convention on the list for our dates but still I was actually surprised that they were available for FD but it was my first choice so I went for them first and got one! Good luck on Wed!

The Business Class rooms aren't used for conventions so that has no bearing on availibilty. It is true that there is limited amount of rooms, however the reality is that most people will not spend the extra money for a BC or preferred room. So most times there is availibilty 3-4 months out. Interesting tidbit, there are actually more King rooms than Standard in Business Class.

The Business Class rooms aren't used for conventions so that has no bearing on availibilty. It is true that there is limited amount of rooms, however the reality is that most people will not spend the extra money for a BC or preferred room. So most times there is availibilty 3-4 months out. Interesting tidbit, there are actually more King rooms than Standard in Business Class.
I was there for a conference last October and some of us were in Business Class.

I was there for a conference last October and some of us were in Business Class.

They may have elected to use those rooms if they weren't booked, but they don't block them off for conventioneers unless the convention wants to book the entire building. Which is almost never, that's why they are now using the lounge for regular customers.

We will be here in a Business class room with FD end of Sept/beg of Oct. for the first time! Excited to try a new resort but will only stay there of guaranteed the cabanas section (we are from AZ and don't want to vacation in a southwestern-style section and prefer the beachy part) Can someone clarify that business class rooms are all in 9B? I am fine with anywhere in that building but don't want to miss requesting it if I need to :). Also, where exactly is the Coconino Lounge located? Thanks!

All BC rooms are in 9B. It is the first building when you cross over the bridge from el centro. The lounge is located on the first floor. It is basically the size of 4 rooms.

As excited as i am to try a new resort i will still miss jumping in the boat to head to dtd from por. I can only imagine how long that bus ride is gonna be from csr.:sad1:

So I have a question to you all??? Do you think that they will release a room discount for other dates than the free dining?? We have a reservation for CSR ON 12/2-12-11 . Please give me some insight!!

Lurking, trying to decide whether to switch from pop. Biggest concern is the size of the resort and distance to bus. Only standard rooms left for my dates. Bus stop 4 has been recommended. Thoughts? Encouragement? Anyone who's stayed at both care to comment?

So I have a question to you all??? Do you think that they will release a room discount for other dates than the free dining?? We have a reservation for CSR ON 12/2-12-11 . Please give me some insight!!

There is never FD on those dates. I did have a PIN code for a RO discount last year that was good from Nov. 30th-Dec. 23rd. I don't remember if the offer went public because we booked with FD.

Yes you get Lounge access.

Yes, very close to Pepper Market. 2-3 min walk depending which end of 9B your room is in.

Everything in the lounge can be taken out. Sodas and juice is in cans. There was no bottled water when we were there in December.

Thanks so much for your response. Looking forward to our 1st stay at CSR!

Does csr have a rung trail/path?

Yes, there's a short path around the lake that's .75 mi., and a longer option that's about a mile.

There is also a wide sidewalk along Buena Vista Drive, the street in front of the resort, from CSR past BB to All-Star Movies Resort. The distance from CSR to ASMo is about 2.6 mi. one way to the end of the trail. There are walk signals at several street crossings, and not too many driveways to cross. It's mostly well-lit by the streetlights.

Hi, here at CSR now. We have been here in June and September, this trip is the most crowded I have ever seen it!

We got here yesterday around 9:30 AM, checked in and went straight to MK. By the time we made all of the stops it was standing room only. Same again last night when we went to eat at CM. This morning around 10:30 PM was packed for breakfast. The DTD bus was standing room only at stop 1.

I will say that we are normally rope drop people so maybe we just normally miss the crowds :confused3 We will see how it is tomorrow when I plan to be at DHS for RD.

Staying in Ranchos for the first time-7B, we have rooms 7511&7512. We requested connecting rooms, 1st floor, and close to bus-I think they did a great job of granting those. We've only stayed in Casitas before, but I think the Ranchos are very very quiet, I like it :goodvibes

DH just come back from getting our mugs filled-the pool bar closes at 7? Really? That kind of stinks :(

What are the approximate bus ride times to the various parks? Thanks!!!

CSR is very conveniently located near the center of WDW property. AK, DHS, & Epcot are all just about 10 minutes away. MK is about 15 minutes.

But there are 4 bus stops within the resort. If you get on at the 1st stop (strangely enough called Stop #2), it can take an additional 10-15 minutes to get out of the resort. The last stop is the front desk area; at busiest times, you may not find a seat when boarding here, or you may have an extended wait if some buses fill up before reaching the stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter