Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! I just left WDW yesterday and booked a free dining bounce back offer for Dec 2020. A preferred room at Coronado was the only resort with availability for my dates and in my price range. We have never stayed here before. I really dislike that the rooms don’t have bathtubs! Is it a super far walk to the Dig Site to use the hot tub from the preferred area? It looks far...

Also, I seem to recall you are supposed to tip at the QS here? Is that still true?

Hi! I just left WDW yesterday and booked a free dining bounce back offer for Dec 2020. A preferred room at Coronado was the only resort with availability for my dates and in my price range. We have never stayed here before. I really dislike that the rooms don’t have bathtubs! Is it a super far walk to the Dig Site to use the hot tub from the preferred area? It looks far...

Also, I seem to recall you are supposed to tip at the QS here? Is that still true?
Some of the rooms have bath tubs. I was in one in a standard view room just last year but not sure about preferred so it is not 100% no bath tubs.
I have never tipped at the QS, first time I have heard that and have stayed there several times.
The answer to the long walk question is subjective.
Hope you have a great trip, CSR is a great resort!

We were in a preferred room in August at CSR, there was no bathtub and it seemed the rooms had been renovated. It's a nice resort!

I didn't get over to the Dig site, but DH and DD12 walked over there, he said the walk wasn't too bad. I think the bridges help a lot getting around the resort.

I have never tipped at the QS, first time I have heard that and have stayed there several times.

Years and years ago (late 90s/early 2000s), the Pepper Market was a sort of QS/TS hybrid. You were seated and servers brought your drinks, then you went up to the food stations to order what you wanted. There may have been tipping then (I don't remember, I was a kid and not paying the bills at that time).

Thank you all! I was able to change to a standard view room. The CM on the phone said that standard view has a tub/shower combo but preferred only has the shower. I need a soak after a day in the parks. 🙂 Good to hear tipping at the QS is no longer a thing.

This may seem like an odd question, but can anyone comment on how firm the pillows at Gran Destino are? Someone said they were very firm/full, and most of our group are flat pillow sleepers. Obviously none of us want to be packing pillows, but while some of us can tolerate that for a couple days, a whole week on tall pillows becomes physically painful. Is GD a one type only pillow, or do they have some flat ones too? Thank you!

Is it a super far walk to the Dig Site to use the hot tub from the preferred area? It looks far...

This is coming from MY fat and out of shape experience. If you are in Casitas closer to the main building I could see where it would seem like a bit of a hike to the dig site. I've never had a problem doing it, but its that distance where you get real ticked off if you get to the pool and forgot something in your room. If you land in the section of Casitas closer to Ranchos, there is a new bridge you can take that would make it really close. Anywhere other than that specific area of Casitas near El Centro is a reasonably close walk in my opinion.

In the past, the Preferred rooms were in Casitas buildings 1,2 and 3, but since the addition of the tower and the three bridges, I'm not sure if they changed that or not.

Does anyone have any suggestions from their experiences of what they liked to do at the Gran Destino Tower?

You would do yourself a disservice if you did not go see the view from Dahlia Lounge on the 16th floor. On the outside, the railing is glass so you should still be able to see fireworks in the evening. If you go up a few minutes before fireworks at DHS, I would not recommend watching it right outside the door that goes from the lounge to the patio that is closest to the entrance of the lounge (first door on your left as you walk in). In my experience, a lot of people tend to crowd in next to the railing there.

I'm taking my daughter for a surprise mother daughter trip for her 12th. Birthday in July. Would you recommend a preferred room or the Grand Destino Tower? I want to be close to the bus so we don't have to walk far at night, close to restaurants, and not too far from the main pool.

I'm taking my daughter for a surprise mother daughter trip for her 12th. Birthday in July. Would you recommend a preferred room or the Grand Destino Tower? I want to be close to the bus so we don't have to walk far at night, close to restaurants, and not too far from the main pool.

Tower. All the amenities you are looking for are in the tower. I don't think you would be disappointed in either, but the thought of being able to walk to get a meal at a restaurant and not HAVE to step outside in July to start sweating before your meal is a plus.

Tower. All the amenities you are looking for are in the tower. I don't think you would be disappointed in either, but the thought of being able to walk to get a meal at a restaurant and not HAVE to step outside in July to start sweating before your meal is a plus.
Any quick service in the Tower? What about mug refill stations?

Staying only one night. Would you recommend water or preferred view? Trying to also stay away from any construction. Thanks so much

Does anybody know how to send a gift (food, bottle of champagne, etc...) to guests staying at Coronado? Is there an email for the concierge? Is this possible. I would like to surprise some friends currently staying there.

Staying only one night. Would you recommend water or preferred view? Trying to also stay away from any construction. Thanks so much

I'm fairly certain that all construction is complete. When we were there at the beginning of September, the were working on paving one of the parking lots near the Cabanas section, but I'm sure they would have to be done with that by now. Water view means your room should be facing the lake. Preferred rooms are physically closer to the main building of the resort (the tower at Coronado).

Its personal preference, but I don't think the price difference for a room view at the moderates is typically worth the cost (to us). We rarely open the curtain in our moderate rooms while we are there to take in the views. Now if you get into the tower rooms, where you could see fireworks from your room, I could see spending a few extra shekels for a room view. When we stay at WL, we often ask for the highest floor on the MK side of the lodge so we can watch fireworks from our beds.

Does anybody know how to send a gift (food, bottle of champagne, etc...) to guests staying at Coronado? Is there an email for the concierge? Is this possible. I would like to surprise some friends currently staying there.

I believe you can call Disney Floral and Gifts and have it delivered to them. I would probably call them and ask. I know my Mom sent my brother and sister-in-law a honeymoon gift using that service. She didn't have their room number and Disney took care of it for them. They are the official florist for WDW. They have several snack/wine options.

Disney Floral and Gifts Website

Definitely stay in the tower! It is so beautiful! The room was big and comfortable and you are close to everything. It was a 5 minute walk to the dig site. The bus stop is right outside the tower. El Centro is also a short walk either through the attached corridor or going outside.

Definitely stay in the tower! It is so beautiful! The room was big and comfortable and you are close to everything. It was a 5 minute walk to the dig site. The bus stop is right outside the tower. El Centro is also a short walk either through the attached corridor or going outside.
Do you request the tower or is it a separate category that you book?

The tower is a separate booking category. We did s tower standard view and had a view of the parking lot. The hotel and room were beautiful!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter