Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgive me if this was asked and answered before: Where are there Refill stations for the refillable mugs? We'll be staying at Gran Destino Tower- is there a station in the tower?
There is a coffee refill station in the Barcelona Lounge for the refill mugs, so if you are just looking to refill your coffee it's located just under the staircase. Otherwise you can walk to Cafe Rix or El Mercado.

Never stayed at Coronado before, but will be there in January. Our flight isn't arriving at MCO until 10:15pm, so I know we need to grab our own bags because Magical Express won't transfer them that late in the evening. We've done the online check-in already, so assuming we will get a text with our room number assignment.

You might and yet you might not. Not everyone that does Online Check In gets to Bypass The Front Desk.

Is there a need then to stop at the front desk once ME drops us off at Coronado Springs?

If you get the room ready text, then no. If you don't then yes.

If our room assignment ends up being pretty far from the Tower, is there someone to help us get our luggage to our room?

Yes, Bell Services will drive you and your luggage to your room if needed.

Given that we probably won't get to the resort until close to midnight, I'm just not sure what to expect once we arrive. I heard there is an "internal" shuttle bus, but is that running at midnight? Does it help with transporting luggage or just people? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Luggage is not allowed on WDW buses.

Gran Destino Tower things to do suggestions for a one-night & two-day stay recommendations.

I made a mistake making room reservations when I was going to transfer to Pop Century Resort to BWV. I left out one day. I didn't realize my mistake until 180-days out when I started making my dining reservations.

Big mistake on my part.

Especially since I needed a standard roll-in shower room.

But I lucked out a few days ago and found one night at the Coronado Springs Resort's Gran Destino Tower with a standard roll-in shower.

I have searched Touring Plans and other photos for room photos for this particular room, but I guess the resort is so new that not many folks have taken photos of this particular type of room.

I did find one guest on Touring Plans website that posted one photo of the view outside their window, but not inside like the roll-in shower bathroom setup and if the beds were lower, etc.

But that's okay.

I plan on relaxing that day and night between changing resorts and exploring the Gran Destino Tower.

I have some ideas of just exploring rolling around in my wheelchair and relaxing. Like enjoying the Three Bridges Bar & Grill on the lake.

Does anyone have any suggestions from their experiences of what they liked to do at the Gran Destino Tower?

Map.jpg

View from Room 0409
0501.JPG

BUILDING - Gran Destino Tower
DIRECTION - FACING WEST
CONNECTING ROOM - None
FLOOR - 4
SOUND LEVEL - 2
WC ACCESSIBLE - Yes
TYPE - 2 Queen Beds
WALK TO TRANS. - 3 min
RACK RATE - ?
VIEW Tower - Standard View
WALK TO LOBBY - 2 min
TP PICK - No
ROOM DESCRIPTION - Mobility Roll In Shower

https://touringplans.com/hotel_maps/disneys-coronado-springs-resort?commit=Show+Matching+Rooms+»&filters[accessibility]=Mobility+++Roll+In+Shower&filters[balcony]=&filters[connect]=&filters[floors]=any&filters[lobby_distance]=any&filters[rack_rate]=any&filters[rate_date]=10/22/2019&filters[sound]=any&filters[transportation_distance]=any&filters[ug]=&filters[view]=450&trip_id=691984

https://touringplans.com/hotel_maps/260/building?hotel=198&filters[rate_date]=10/22/2019&filters[view]=450&filters[lobby_distance]=any&filters[transportation_distance]=any&filters[accessibility]=Mobility Roll In Shower&filters[floors]=any&filters[rack_rate]=any&filters[ug]=&filters[sound]=any&filters[balcony]=&date=2019-10-22&filters[connect]=&rooms=true&trip_id=691984

Last edited:
Gran Destino Tower things to do suggestions for a one-night & two-day stay recommendations.

I made a mistake making room reservations when I was going to transfer to Pop Century Resort to BWV. I left out one day. I didn't realize my mistake until 180-days out when I started making my dining reservations.

Big mistake on my part.

But I lucked out a few days ago and found one night at the Coronado Springs Resort's Gran Destino Tower with a standard roll-in shower.

I have searched Touring Plans and other photos for room photos for this particular room, but I guess the resort is so new that not many folks have taken photos of this particular type of room.

I did find one guest on Touring Plans website that posted one photo of the view outside their window, but not inside like the roll-in shower bathroom setup and if the beds were lower, etc.

But that's okay.

I plan on relaxing that day and night between changing resorts and exploring the Gran Destino Tower.

I have some ideas of just exploring rolling around in my wheelchair and relaxing. Like enjoying the Three Bridges Bar & Grill on the lake.

Does anyone have any suggestions from their experiences of what they liked to do at the Gran Destino Tower?

Map.jpg

View from Room 0409
0501.JPG

https://touringplans.com/hotel_maps/disneys-coronado-springs-resort?commit=Show+Matching+Rooms+»&filters[accessibility]=Mobility+++Roll+In+Shower&filters[balcony]=&filters[connect]=&filters[floors]=any&filters[lobby_distance]=any&filters[rack_rate]=any&filters[rate_date]=10/22/2019&filters[sound]=any&filters[transportation_distance]=any&filters[ug]=&filters[view]=450&trip_id=691984

https://touringplans.com/hotel_maps/260/building?hotel=198&filters[rate_date]=10/22/2019&filters[view]=450&filters[lobby_distance]=any&filters[transportation_distance]=any&filters[accessibility]=Mobility Roll In Shower&filters[floors]=any&filters[rack_rate]=any&filters[ug]=&filters[sound]=any&filters[balcony]=&date=2019-10-22&filters[connect]=&rooms=true&trip_id=691984

When are you going? We’ll be there in a few weeks, and have scheduled in some “enjoy the tower and resort” time. So I’ll have info after that!

When are you going? We’ll be there in a few weeks and have scheduled in some “enjoy the tower and resort” time. So I’ll have info after that!

Hi, VicarJT. I'll be there 12/08/2019. I'm going to keep that one night even if BWV or Pop becomes available. Have a great vacation.

I just booked a standard tower view room and wondered if anyone as the dimensions for the room. We like to bring a blow up raised (about 20” high)twin mattress so no one has to share a bed. Will it fit? It about 74x39

Last edited:
I just booked a standard tower view room and wondered if anyone as the dimensions for the room. We like to bring a blow up raised (about 3 ft high)twin mattress so no one has to share a bed. Will it fit?

It doesn't really look like it from the photo from the Disney Tourist Blog website.

gran-destino-tower-hotel-coronado-springs-resort-disney-world-204.jpg

gran-destino-tower-hotel-coronado-springs-resort-disney-world-206.jpg

Gran Destino Tower at Coronado Springs Resort Review
By Tom Bricker Hotels 26 Comments

Gran Destino Tower offers 545 guest rooms, including 50 suites and Club Level rooms. Regular rooms are differentiated by their view and whether they have two queen beds or one king bed. Rooms are 375 square feet in size, which is larger than other Moderate Resorts.
This is actually larger than some Deluxe and Deluxe Villa Resorts, on par with Epcot Deluxes, and smaller than Magic Kingdom Deluxe Resorts. (See our Hotel Room Sizes at Walt Disney World for more.) In reality, these rooms do not feel significantly larger than regular rooms at Coronado Springs, though. Much of it is devoted to the entry hallway.

I'm hoping the spot between the two beds is wide enough for the mattress.
Not in the tower, but we recently stayed in a Cabanas room that was handicap accessible. It had much more floor space than the regular rooms. Perhaps that would work for you in the tower? 🤷‍♀️

Big mistake on my part.

But that's okay.

Map.jpg

View from Room 0409
0501.JPG

Well, that’s a happy mistake! I would definitely go to the Dahlia lounge on the top floor. It’s beautiful. Fantastic views and even balcony seating if it’s not too chilly. Pull up some reviews on YouTube. You can see a lot on those.

Your 3 Bridges idea is also a great one.

I just made my room requests on the site- choices were "near transportation", "high floor" or "near cabanas".
I've never been there, but will be using Disney transportation for the two nights I"m there (and then moving to Shades of Green).
My friend is arriving at about 5 PM or so, and we have dining at 7PM at Garden Grill. Is there something in one of those choices that would expedite our travel to Epcot? I could drive over, but I plan on having a drink at some point.

I have a question....I booked a handicap accessible roll in shower with a standard view...does anyone have any idea where we might be located? Just curious.

I have a question....I booked a handicap accessible roll in shower with a standard view...does anyone have any idea where we might be located? Just curious.

Hi, momof4kids.

I've been looking too, but the only two rooms that I have seen were on TouringPlans.com in their room search. I posted the link above and below.

https://touringplans.com/hotel_maps/260/building?hotel=198&filters[rate_date]=10/22/2019&filters[view]=450&filters[lobby_distance]=any&filters[transportation_distance]=any&filters[accessibility]=Mobility Roll In Shower&filters[floors]=any&filters[rack_rate]=any&filters[ug]=&filters[sound]=any&filters[balcony]=&date=2019-10-2

When you roll your computer mouse over the two units located on opposite ends of the tower then the room number will show up. If you click on one of them it will show the photo a guest left.

The site usually asks guests to put photos of the window or balcony view, but when I go in December I will add the beds and roll-in shower photos too.

I will also try and put comments on the comment page, too.

I Googled forever trying to find photos and the WDW site doesn't use the correct bathroom photo for the roll-in shower. They show the walk-in shower that has a small ledge to walk over, but not the soft rubber thingie for a wheelchair to roll-over.

I have found this in a lot of the different WDW resort bathroom photos.

Some are correct. Some are not. Some are just repetitive from one room type to the next room type.

Last edited:
@LisaRay gave you great advice.

All Disney building are compliant. I’m certain there is an elevator in each casita. But I love her advice.

Depending on the resort, I will request ground floor rooms. I’m in and out faster. Sometimes you get a door that opens up to lovely garden areas. And I don’t use an ECV.

I would totally take her advice, especially regarding busses. Request the casitas she recommends. So that you don’t have to wait for another bus. Request ground floor and mention that you want it due to an ECV. I would bet that if you request an accessible room, it would likely (not guaranteed) be ground floor also. Then you would have more floor space, easier bathroom for her to move around in, etc.

Hope that helps.

Just reading through lots of missed pages and I want to respectfully disagree with this one because although Disney is compliant, that does not mean that every hotel has elevators. I know for a fact that Caribbean Beach has none because we have had to request ground floor multiple times there.

However I do believe that Coronado has elevators in every building.

Just reading through lots of missed pages and I want to respectfully disagree with this one because although Disney is compliant, that does not mean that every hotel has elevators. I know for a fact that Caribbean Beach has none because we have had to request ground floor multiple times there.

However I do believe that Coronado has elevators in every building.
Yes BridgetR3

You are correct. I was incorrect and someone came along and corrected me.

Thankfully.

I’m glad you did as well. It’s an important issue and I incorrectly stated.

No worries. I’m glad you also spoke up. I try to give good info, and have no problem being corrected when I am wrong. At all!

Wendy.

4th floor in casita two has no elevator access. You have to walk up from the 3rd floor in casita 2 or use the elevator in casita 3.

We enjoyed Gran Destino very much. I should start by saying, we almost never spend a full day just hanging at any resort, we're always on the go. that's just how we are at WDW.

As resort hotels go, Coronado has more grounds to explore than pretty much any other WDW hotel.

The GDTower is very pretty. We didn't explore the eateries, but that is because we had club level access, and it was awesome.

I did feel the Three Bridges menu was a bit limited, but it was brand new when we visited. I imagine the menu will be, or already ahs been expanded since it opened.

The view from the tower is excellent, so consider visiting the lounge at the top of the tower, especially at fireworks time.

If you are inclined to explore the grounds, I think Coronado's pool scenery is WDW's best pool scenery-wise.

The staff at Coronado was super when we visited. Just the whole tower was well staffed.

It only takes a few minutes, but the lobby has two televisions that run Dali's video short. It is worth seeing. One television is by the Bell eservices, and the other is over towards the elevators.

I don't think you said you were staying club level, but if you are, I could gladly spend quite a bit of time in that lounge, it is very pretty.

One more day until our stay! YAY!

Stupid question-is it possible to get a robe from housekeeping? I'm packing and would prefer not to pack one. We ususally stay deluxe and it's been 5 years since we've stayed here so I couldn't remember. Thanks for any info!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!