Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We just returned from CSR and thought I'd share a few things.... good and bad.
*Not at all impressed with the new rooms. Hated that there's no table. I didn't expect to really be bothered by it, but there was no place to sit and have a meal or snack unless you didn't mind sitting alone at the "desk" and face the wall. The bathroom set up is awkward! Hated that too. No counter to set my personal things while getting ready.... just that small "ledge" above the sinks. It was in a very weird place too.... I hit my head on it several times when trying to brush my teeth. The closet was way too small... not enough space to hang the clothes... I hang most of my things and never use the drawers.
*Even though I faxed in my requests 9 days ahead, I received NONE of them. And the cast member said "well, everyone has to stay somewhere! can't guarantee anything!" Then, got into a bit of a discussion with the manager when she stated that "everyone was requesting Casistas that morning so they were giving those people their requests" and she told me I could have faxed it in.... I told her I did! Then she just stared at me and didn't know what to say! She literally gave me 2 choices and said those were the ONLY rooms available because of the convention! Then I got to the room... and it wasn't cleaned from the previous guests! That is a whole other issue I won't go into here yet.
*Didn't hear any of the construction of the tower.... but we could hear.... very loudly.... the work they were doing on the Dig Site pool (it was closed).... it was very annoying at night!
* the walk past the construction after dark was very CREEPY!!! I was not at all comfortable with it!!! First time in 20 years of visits I did not feel entirely safe walking any resort at night! That really bothered me!!!! Especially since they did not give us our request for Casitas.
* We did love the new color scheme... especially the new colors outside of El Centro
* Liked the new Mercado (old Pepper Market).... it looked fresh and clean. Pretty much the same set up as before, just fresh look with great color scheme. We only ate there a couple times, but it was decent food as long as you ordered fresh. All of what they had in the coolers (salads and a few sandwiches) looked awful! We did have a couple rather long waits though! Seems we were there when the convention people were on their break/lunch.... lots of business dressed adults
* The quiet pool was crowded, which I expected because the Dig Site was closed. But no lifeguards. And the pool was FILTHY!!! I only went in the water for a short time, then saw how dirty it was.
* Buses were ok. Most waits were about 15 minutes. We noticed that the app and schedule board at the stop were NOT very accurate... kept changing! We did have to wait over 40 minutes the one day when we were headed to Epcot.... very frustrating to see 2 of all the other parks buses come by and no Epcot.... then the driver obviously was new as he missed one stop and had to circle the entire resort again.

I think that once the lounge is completed on the lake and all the bridges and walkways are done it will be much easier to get around, etc.
However..... definitely NOT our favorite any more!!! Doubt we will be staying there again unless it has a great discount. Did not like the rooms. and when the tower opens I think it will be over-crowded.... just won't have the same appeal as before.
We were there a couple of weeks ago and did not get our request either. However, I'm glad we didn't (we have stayed in Casistas several times in the past). We ended up loving the location of Ranchos 6B. It was about a 3 minute walk to the bus stop and really close to the quiet pool, which thankfully was extremely clean. Hopefully the pool was not dirty your entire trip - that would not be good. The walk to El Centro was 1/2 mile but we did not mind at all. It was such a pretty walk. We never heard construction noise at night (even though work had begun on the Dig Site too). We walked back later at night from El Centro a few times. Although the lighting could have been better (they were working on the bridge lights), we felt safe as we always encountered people walking around. Hopefully the rest of your trip was fun. Although our favorite resort is Riverside, we are actually considering booking our trip next year at Coronado again. We did have several situations with buses leaving Coronado. Three times there was no bus for over 45 minutes. That was very irritating. We were there 9 nights but there was only one convention going on and we very rarely saw the people attending the convention. On our previous stays at Coronado, we encountered many convention folks in the evenings. Each time they did group at the outside bar and tables and chairs. Hoping your next trip is much better.

ok well. now i'm regretting my change from preferred to standard to make it cheaper for me and now there'sno availability. november. jersey week.

ok well. now i'm regretting my change from preferred to standard to make it cheaper for me and now there'sno availability. november. jersey week.
Keep trying, something may open up. I've changed my reservation so many times because what I really want, I would have to be a day short. Finally got my husband to help me decide (come back to my senses lol) and we are doing preferred at CSR. The AKL has a HUGE discount on standard view rooms but I am one day short if I were to go for that. Alas, I am at CSR which is a beautiful resort and I know we will have a great time. We will be in DISNEY WORLD.

I’m sorry they lost your fax. I believe the recommendation these days is to call it in.

What is the phone number? I was planning to fax...you mean call the main reservations number and have them note it on your reservation?

Just got back from a 7-night stay (my first at CSR) and since there is a lot of discussion about the size of the resort (particularly among those looking to stay for the first time), figured I would convey my experience. Was in Ranchos 6B (nearly as far as possible from El Centro) but barring any mobility issues I timed the walk at 5min. So it wasn't close, but it was certainly a manageable walk. The walk to the bus stop was about 2 min. The refurb was great, the closed pool was not, the construction was present but nonintrusive. Idk if it was better before, but the rebranded food court was mediocre. Overall it was a beautiful resort, but as moderates go I prefer Port Orleans, not for the size (PO feels nearly as large) but for overall aesthetic.

Last edited:
Im currently booked at PO for 4 nights but was thinking of changing to CSR to save some money. Its about 50 dollars a night cheaper.

I can only find 3 nights through MDE but was thinking my last night I might book, All Star since I have Magical Express with a 3-4am departure.

Just got back from a 7-night stay (my first at CSR) and since there is a lot of discussion about the size of the resort (particularly among those looking to stay for the first time), figured I would convey my experience. Was in Ranchos 6B (nearly as far as possible from El Centro) but barring any mobility issues I timed the walk at 5min. So it wasn't close, but it was certainly a manageable walk. The walk to the bus stop was about 2 min. The refurb was great, the closed pool was not, the construction was present but nonintrusive. Idk if it was better before, but the rebranded food court was mediocre. Overall it was a beautiful resort, but as moderates go I prefer Port Orleans, not for the size (PO feels nearly as large) but for overall aesthetic.
We got back a couple of weeks ago and were also in 6B. I actually loved the location (stayed in Casistas before). The walk to the bus stop was awesome. My fitbit recorded just a tad over half a mile walk to El Centro. I agree with you on the food court. We were not impressed with the selection. We typically stay at Port Orleans (either Riverside or French Quarter) and the food courts at both of those are much better. Maybe it wasn't that great because it just reopened at CSR - perhaps they will be adding more. The construction didn't bother us either. Hope you had a great trip.

She wants to rope drop and be out before seven and pepper market isn't open until seven so i think she may try rixe now.

The one negative for us is the 7am opening at El Mercado. We like to have a hearty breakfast to hold us over for a while, and can usually do that after 6am at other resorts. Cafe Rix has some light grab & go items, but few choices that get boring when you want a good breakfast at the resort each morning.

The bathroom set up is awkward! Hated that too. No counter to set my personal things while getting ready.... just that small "ledge" above the sinks.

The photos I have seen of the new rooms show counter space around the sinks in addition to the ledge above the sinks. Were your sinks free-standing with no counter?

She literally gave me 2 choices and said those were the ONLY rooms available because of the convention!

This has happened to us in the past. Since you didn't book preferred, that only leaves you with 2 of 5 buildings you can potentially be assigned into. Room blocks for conventions are often given Casitas rooms over other guests due to proximity of the convention center.

* the walk past the construction after dark was very CREEPY!!! I was not at all comfortable with it!!! First time in 20 years of visits I did not feel entirely safe walking any resort at night! That really bothered me!!!! Especially since they did not give us our request for Casitas.

Can you elaborate? I'm not sure what you mean. Were there construction workers loitering after dark? Was it poorly lit?

We were there a couple of weeks ago and did not get our request either. However, I'm glad we didn't (we have stayed in Casistas several times in the past). We ended up loving the location of Ranchos 6B. It was about a 3 minute walk to the bus stop and really close to the quiet pool, which thankfully was extremely clean. Hopefully the pool was not dirty your entire trip - that would not be good. The walk to El Centro was 1/2 mile but we did not mind at all. It was such a pretty walk. We never heard construction noise at night (even though work had begun on the Dig Site too). We walked back later at night from El Centro a few times. Although the lighting could have been better (they were working on the bridge lights), we felt safe as we always encountered people walking around. Hopefully the rest of your trip was fun. Although our favorite resort is Riverside, we are actually considering booking our trip next year at Coronado again. We did have several situations with buses leaving Coronado. Three times there was no bus for over 45 minutes. That was very irritating. We were there 9 nights but there was only one convention going on and we very rarely saw the people attending the convention. On our previous stays at Coronado, we encountered many convention folks in the evenings. Each time they did group at the outside bar and tables and chairs. Hoping your next trip is much better.
We ended up in Ranchos 6B... and have stayed in 6B before and it's great by the bus and pool. I like the look of Ranchos. But with the construction on the Dig Site and all around.... it was a horrible view to walk to El Centro. It used to be a beautiful resort... and will be again when it's done. But for now.... I wish we would have went with Port Orleans as we could have gotten that for the same price. Also.... the pool was pretty bad the entire time. We did have a great time.... we always do. I just want to share my opinions.... especially if someone is on the fence about staying there before everything is completed.

If you want to be in Casitas... try to upgrade to preferred. Honestly... if there is a convention scheduled there, you most like won't be able to be in Casitas unless you pay for preferred!

Yes, exactly. Just call the regular resort reservations line and have it noted on your reservation.
I had it noted on my reservation from day one.... that doesn't work either.

Can anyone advise if there is space in the shower to hold shower toiletries? I see there is a cut-out in the back wall of the shower with a ledge, but wondering how big it is. We'll need space for the shower to hold full size bottles of shampoo & conditioner, about 5 travel size toiletry items, and a razor.

The one negative for us is the 7am opening at El Mercado. We like to have a hearty breakfast to hold us over for a while, and can usually do that after 6am at other resorts. Cafe Rix has some light grab & go items, but few choices that get boring when you want a good breakfast at the resort each morning.

The photos I have seen of the new rooms show counter space around the sinks in addition to the ledge above the sinks. Were your sinks free-standing with no counter?

This has happened to us in the past. Since you didn't book preferred, that only leaves you with 2 of 5 buildings you can potentially be assigned into. Room blocks for conventions are often given Casitas rooms over other guests due to proximity of the convention center.

Can you elaborate? I'm not sure what you mean. Were there construction workers loitering after dark? Was it poorly lit?

El Mercado opening at 7 was a disappointment for us too. We wanted more than a bagel before leaving at 7.
There is counter space.... however it is very narrow. The sinks stick out and the small counter just surrounds half of it. And they put in the shelves to the left that took away about 15 inches. And the ledge is very narrow.... maybe 6 inches at most? Everything kept falling off.
I knew we'd be somewhat limited asking for Casitas... I made the mistake of not checking what conventions were there or I may have adjusted my dates by a day or 2. It wasn't just that we didn't end up in Casitas... but we also were not assigned any of our other requests (close to bus stop and pool and shower not tub) but they literally only had 2 rooms to choose from! And the one they gave me at first was as far as you can get from any bus stop and on the 3rd floor. So they gave us the one in Ranchos which as only half cleaned!
Walking at night past the construction was creepy.... It was very dark! No one around... and felt there were too many place for someone to hide.

That said I am not sure what you are looking for, they still had a pretty good selection, IMHO but not as much stuff like I remember.

We mostly are looking for snacks, water, soda etc. I know the prices are ridiculous and we could have things delivered, but its just the two of us and we won't need much.

Thanks for your answer!

Is this an accurate photo of the refurbished vanity/sink area? Looks like a lot of space for your stuff here. I know I'd be fine with it.

Thanks for this great picture!
This is exactly what our bath area looked like too; I thought there was lots of room to store things (shelves and cupboards) and put toiletries.
I also thought the clothes hanging area was good sized for what we needed to hang; we only hang shirts and pants.
There is also a hook to hang things on the side of the closet (on the side facing the towel rack).
We were in Ranchos 6A. :flower1:

Thanks for this great picture!
This is exactly what our bath area looked like too; I thought there was lots of room to store things (shelves and cupboards) and put toiletries.
I also thought the clothes hanging area was good sized for what we needed to hang; we only hang shirts and pants.
There is also a hook to hang things on the side of the closet (on the side facing the towel rack).
We were in Ranchos 6A. :flower1:

We used the clothes bar on the outside of the closet for hanging damp bathing suits. Very handy.

Is there a retractable clothes line in the shower/tub?

There was in ours!

@nkereina hopefully someone with a stay before yours can snap a photo for you with something for scale but I would say a full size conditioner and shampoo would fit, plus a razor. I don't know about the other 5 small items but I honestly can't remember it that well. I was in the shower using 5000 pumps of shower gel since I'm no longer worried about rationing the H2O products to take home :rotfl:

Have to admit I really don't remember. (With four people on very different shower schedules o_O, it wouldn't have been convenient for us.) I am glad pepperandchips chimed in :-)

I don't remember what my husband did that I had to undo later while in the shower, but I do remember awkwardly having to hold our suits while trying to unstring and restring its... retractiness? While also in the shower. Not a memory I'll soon forget :rotfl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter