Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes absolutely. There are standard rooms in Cabanas 8A and Ranchos 7A that are renovated so those would be the best buildings to request.

I have read conflicting things about what is the best way to do room requests. Some say phone, some say fax. What are people's experiences at CSR? What is the best way to do it? and when is the best time to do it?

TIA

@zeus12 - I think a lot of it is luck based on availability, but I have never gotten any phone requests. I faxed on our last trip and got exactly what I asked for.

For my most recent trip, I made specific requests at both CSR and YC by phone and did not get my requests. At CSR, they did move us after going to the front desk and complaining about being right across from the construction in a non renovated room.

I have read conflicting things about what is the best way to do room requests. Some say phone, some say fax. What are people's experiences at CSR? What is the best way to do it? and when is the best time to do it?

TIA
faxes are excepted at CSR

I’m on a Coronado FB group and someone just posted that Pepper Market will be closed Feb 1 - March 25, 2018. I will be there Feb 3-9. I haven’t received any official communication from Disney. Has anyone heard anything official about Pepper Market?

Has anyone heard anything official about Pepper Market?
This is from an e-mail received about 10 days ago:
During this time, our quick-service restaurant, Pepper Market, will undergo minor refurbishment work, but will remain in operation during your stay. If you would like to experience one of our other dining locations, we invite you to join us at Maya Grill, Las Ventanas, Café Rix, Laguna Bar, Siestas Cantina and our newly reimagined space, Rix Sports Bar & Grill, featuring a variety of sandwiches, salads and refreshing beverages. Our other exceptional amenities and recreation are scheduled to remain available for your enjoyment.

This is from an e-mail received about 10 days ago:
During this time, our quick-service restaurant, Pepper Market, will undergo minor refurbishment work, but will remain in operation during your stay. If you would like to experience one of our other dining locations, we invite you to join us at Maya Grill, Las Ventanas, Café Rix, Laguna Bar, Siestas Cantina and our newly reimagined space, Rix Sports Bar & Grill, featuring a variety of sandwiches, salads and refreshing beverages. Our other exceptional amenities and recreation are scheduled to remain available for your enjoyment.

I've heard a lot of people saying they've gotten emails. I'm staying January 24th - February 1st but haven't received an email, so I'm not sure if the refurb starts after my stay? :confused3

TIA

We just got back last night from four nights at CSR. We were given Ranchos 7B at first, but moved to 7A when my wife asked for a renovated room during check in. The front desk CM got on the phone and asked someone if a renovated room was available for us. I got the text for the new room before she even hung up the phone.

PIXIE DUST!!!:tinker:

2 weeks from today we should be all checked in! August we got 8B which worked great for us (steps to quiet pool) even though non renovated room. Debating in asking for that location again as so many people probably want renovated room chances are probably low anyway,vs rolling dice and maybe getting both non-reno room and less desirable location

2 weeks from today we should be all checked in! August we got 8B which worked great for us (steps to quiet pool) even though non renovated room. Debating in asking for that location again as so many people probably want renovated room chances are probably low anyway,vs rolling dice and maybe getting both non-reno room and less desirable location
Us as well! Let’s hear it for celebrating New Year’s Eve in WDW!!

I’ve been seeing a lot of posts on other boards that several restaurants will be closed or under refurbishment in February 2018. My family is staying at CSR for the first time on Feb 3-9. What will be our options for QS breakfast?

Here now. Love the resort. The bus situation over the last few days have been really bad.

We have been on three buses that had to skip el centro due to being full. Other times we have waited for 45+minutes.

The front desk was very helpful however

Hi, received room assignment in Casitas 3 (preferred room).... I see this building started remodeling several months ago, anyone know the current status and what we can expect?

Regardless we are on our way with two very excited kiddos for their first trip to Disney!

We usually walk over to Bus Stop #2 no matter where we are staying, since that is the first stop for park busses. (Cabanas *IS* a bit of a walk, but worth it, IMO)

Here now. Love the resort. The bus situation over the last few days have been really bad.

We have been on three buses that had to skip el centro due to being full. Other times we have waited for 45+minutes.

The front desk was very helpful however

Happy to report that we received a very fresh remodeled room, I’m not sure anyone has actually stayed in this room it is so new. The hallway outside had wet paint signs, so I think they may have just completed this small section. We did have the pardon our dust pins in the room.

Can anyone tell me about the hours for the hot tub in January? I'm not sure what time the pools close but I figured we wouldn't be swimming in the evenings in Jan anyway. but my husband really wants to use the hot tub a few evenings since it's our 1st trip to a Moderate resort!

We just got back from eight nights at CSR. First they tried to stick us in 9A right next to the construction. NOPE. A quick phone call got us moved to 6B, which was lovely and quiet. I still prefer Casitas, but I don't think our usual method of getting on at stop 1 and off at 2 would've worked so well this trip. The buses were so full most of the time, which has not been our experience in the past. And so many scooters! We had an old room, but I like the old rooms so that wasn't an issue.

Can anyone tell me about the hours for the hot tub in January? I'm not sure what time the pools close but I figured we wouldn't be swimming in the evenings in Jan anyway. but my husband really wants to use the hot tub a few evenings since it's our 1st trip to a Moderate resort!
The first week of Jan 2018, pool hours are 9am - 10pm. Starting 1/7/18, they drop to 10am - 8pm. They stay like that until 3/4/18 and then return to 10am - 10pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!