Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm coming in the night before my free dining package begins. I am booked for that one night at Pop Century, but it would definitely be more convenient to just stay at CSR. Of course, though, there are no standard rooms available (that's what I have booked for my free dining package) for that night. I know nothing is guaranteed, but how likely would it be that CSR staff would just keep us in an "upgraded" room (I mean just a more expensive room than a standard) for the entirety of our stay? Or even if a standard room became available, how likely is it that we would end up staying in the same room for the whole trip? Does anyone have experience with this? Thanks!

I think it'll be one of those YMMV kind of situations.
I just returned from a week long trip with three separate reservations: one night a Pop, four nights at Coronado in a standard view, and two more nights at Coronado in a water view because the standard view wasn't available.

We stayed at Pop to save money because we were arriving pretty late, then transferred to Coronado early the next morning. We received a bit of pixie dust and were given a refurbished room with a water view for the standard portion of our stay, and we didn't have to switch rooms later in the week. Just a quick check-in/checkout. Easy!

We've had situations where we did have to move rooms within the same resort though, so it isn't a given. All you can do is ask nicely and hope for the best.

I have been looking everywhere.... Does anyone have any pictures of the renovations at Coronado? I can't seem to find them.
I'm also wondering if with the renos, they are going to add trundle beds to some rooms like CBR.
Thanks!!

I have been looking everywhere.... Does anyone have any pictures of the renovations at Coronado? I can't seem to find them.
I'm also wondering if with the renos, they are going to add trundle beds to some rooms like CBR.
Thanks!!

They are not adding trundle beds to the renovated rooms. Not sure about the set up of junior suites.

There are a ton of pictures if you google renovated Coronado Springs rooms. Just stayed in one and they're great, but I didn't take any pictures.

Checking rooms every single day paid off... this morning, 24 hours out from my trip, a standard room opened up at AP discount, so i just switched from POP to Coronado for only $100 more for the whole 3 nights. It's my fav moderate...excited to be back there tomorrow!
We just stayed in one. Very nice. [GALLERY=][/GALLERY]

Attachments

• 04F6D4B5-C5B1-4880-9608-E0AC79321A29.JPG
    04F6D4B5-C5B1-4880-9608-E0AC79321A29.JPG
    45 KB · Views: 103
  • 9B4CD0A0-36CD-4C1B-89D4-3B92EA81DB2B.JPG
    9B4CD0A0-36CD-4C1B-89D4-3B92EA81DB2B.JPG
    65.1 KB · Views: 101

Just got back after a week in a newly renovated room in 8A. I also stayed in a similar newly renovated room at the Yacht Club CL back in May. Both resorts cater to conventions guests and I have to say as a business traveller myself, Disney has done a fantastic job with both resorts. The clean open look is what I would look for while on business. As a frequent Disney World vacationer, these rooms are such an incredible improvement from the past, it's great to see both the parks and the resorts being updated. The positives outweigh the negatives, however, a few picky issues are:
  • The WiFi coverage was horrible in building 8A. One bar using the cell or laptop. If I was on business, I would have been so upset. We ended up hanging out in the check-in area when needed.
  • The pocket door to the bathroom started to squeak and got progressively worse to the point of sounding like nails on a chalkboard. The lever to lock the bathroom door is tiny and hard to turn.
  • We were on the second floor but we could hear the neighbors dragging their chair loudly across the floor a few times. I picked up our chair to move it for the sake of those below us.
  • I really don't like the grey color doors to the bathroom area. I'm sure some decorator would explain the logic but I felt like they should match the other light wood color in the room.
  • We were hoping they would come up with a solution to cover the crack between the doors to the bathroom area but it's still a large opening and one can see through the crack easily.
We loved the bathroom. The added shelving gives so much extra storage and the lighting surrounding the mirror is fantastic. The rain shower head and the shampoo and conditioner are exactly the same as the Yacht Club. The TV was great except for the ongoing problem of losing the premium channels (Discovery, CNN, TLC, etc.) during thunderstorms. Only the local channels worked. Since it thunderstorms everyday in the summer, this happened everyday. They also won't deliver room service during a lightning storm as well so we were trapped without food and decent TV a few times....argh!

The rooms are a major leap forward and are now comparable to other hotels in the area.

Last edited:
Is there a list of the renovated buildings anywhere? Has Casitas 4 been done yet? That is where we are hoping to get for our December trip, but I think we would rather move and get one of the new rooms if we needed to. TIA!

@Mike D. - Only Ranchos 7A and Cabanas 8A are complete so far. They are currently working on some preferred rooms in Casitas 1 & 3.
Thanks. I saw some site listing buildings that have been renovated and almost every building was on there. I guess that was from the last round of renovations maybe :confused3 I'll have to keep an eye on their progress, and use 8A as a backup. We stayed in 8B last year and loved the location, but were wanting to try the Casitas this year. Thanks again!

I admittedly have not scrolled through this entire thread (alot of info!), but wondering if there are any pics of the shower/locker areas near the pools? We don't fly out until evening and intend to hang at the resort and freshen up before heading to the airport. Are they similar to the shower area at OKW? TIA

I admittedly have not scrolled through this entire thread (alot of info!), but wondering if there are any pics of the shower/locker areas near the pools? We don't fly out until evening and intend to hang at the resort and freshen up before heading to the airport. Are they similar to the shower area at OKW? TIA
Try page 352 or 351. It was posted very recently

Help! Anyone currently there or going to be soon in a refurb room - could you please find out the mattress brand?

I checked out Thursday and experienced very little morning back pain during our trip, however, the pain is welcoming me home...

Thank you!

Last edited:
Help! Anyone currently there or going to be soon in a refurb room - could you please find out the mattress brand?

I checked out Thursday and experienced very little morning back pain during our trip, however, the pain is welcoming me home...

Thank you!

Someone posted this in a fb group I'm in.
coronado mattress.jpg

Checked in earlier today. Love the resort! The construction is not that big of a deal to us because it is minimal in the Ranchos section that we are in. They have a couple of cranes over here but thats it. We did not get a refurbished room but the room we have is clean and in good condition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter