Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just returned from a spur of the moment weekend trip to Coronado Springs, our first stay there.

I agree with an above poster on the Pepper Market, I also had a lousy omelet and tasteless potatoes that went to the trash bin. Did not mesh with the reviews I had read.

The first room we received had a very strong odor of mildew,wet carpet, and cleaning chemicals. We went down to the front desk and the problem was resolved with by a cheerful desk clerk changing our room. The second room had laminate floors and was fresh and clean.

The way the issue was handled made us decide to stay there when we are down next month. (Hopefully with a fresh smelling, clean room!)

The grounds were beautiful and the construction did not bother us.

Thanks for all your insight. I'm left wondering if we should forgo requesting a refurb Cabanas room in late August to instead ask for Casitas to be nearest to the first bus stop. Both buildings look about the same distance to the main building. We really wanted to try the refurb room in Cabanas, but don't want to stand on the bus and wait a lot of extra time for it to get around the other stops. Can anyone shed some light on this and help us decide :)

Early on, I decided that the refurb room wasn't as important to me as other things. Seeing that the only building that has been refurbished is the furthest one from El Centro made it an easier decision. We always get the refillable mugs and one of us is always running to get everyone drinks. I didn't want the round trip to get drinks to be 30+ min especially walking 10 miles a day in the parks. I suppose you could take a bus but that seems silly. You can refill your drinks at the Dig Site but we weren't always there when the snack bar was open.

I think you just need to decide what's important to you. If first bus access is important and proximity to El Centro then I would say Casitas is better. The buses moved pretty well between the stops unless there was a bus in front of you so I wouldn't place too much weight on time. Normally, it's probably an extra 5 min or so to get around and make all of the other stops. Small change in the grand scheme of things. We were concerned with full buses more than extra time. It was nice to always have a seat going to the parks and always be the first off at the end of the night.

I'm considering to stay at Coronado (or Caribbean) just after New Years.
Is there a certain area/building to request if I want to avoid the refurb-noise as much as possible? I also want to be close to the hot tub :)

Just booked my Jan '18 trip!!! For some reason 1/20-1/28 had 0 room availability. Literally not a single category of room is available at CSR. Oh well, flights were actually cheaper the week before and now DH can celebrate his birthday in Disney!

I noticed this as well today. The calendar finally opened for 2018 and I have been waiting to book a room at CSR for January . As luck would have it, our dates are 1/20 -1/28 UUUUGHHH . Checked today, and there is NO availability for ANY room type for CSR !?!?! Actually quite a few resorts have no or limited availability these dates !!!
Dang , we are DVC members and LOVE CSR , and finally had the chance to stay there in January (trying to save some points for a bigger family trip coming up) , now I cant even book it !
Was going to do a split stay . CSR for 4 days, and Poly (DVC) for 4 days .

Kind of depressing .............anyone know what going on . Is there something going on 1/20 - 1/24 ? A LOT of resorts have limited availability on these dates ???

Will have to book Port Orleans as a back-up (no way we are staying at CBR with that amount of construction !) , or may just use up some more points and stay at the Poly for the whole 8 days .
Darn it !!! Really wanted to stay at CSR ............. We may be in the minority , but we LOVE the whole Rancho's section !!!

Still holding out hope for CSR 1/20 - 1/24 !

Last edited:

@Syndrome - did you call, or book on the website...? Some people have reported problems booking on the site, so if you haven't called in you should try that.

Thanks, didnt think of that. May give them a call today.
We really want CSR . That was the whole reason for swaying from any DVC resorts. We LOVE CSR !
I will call today to see if CSR is available , but we decided to book a Wilderness lodge Boulder Ridge (not Copper Creek) room for the first part of our Poly split stay , instead of POR .
If CSR is available via phone , I will just cancel the WL reservation .
Thanks for the tip !

Last edited:
Kind of depressing .............anyone know what going on . Is there something going on 1/20 - 1/24 ? A LOT of resorts have limited availability on these dates ???

The Pro Bowl - football - will be in Orlando Jan 28th. I think Disney is hosting a bunch of events. I don't know if that's the reason or if it is just a glitch.

Well , tried calling in today and still nothing . CM was puzzled why there wasn't any availability showing . She thinks its because of a convention , or they didnt release rooms yet. She did say it was likely not due to construction because they are only taking 1 building out for the tower construction , and usually only 1 building at a time for the refurb , with some overlap when transitioning from building to building.
She said to keep checking, as they might not have released the CSR rooms .
Its odd ................only 1/21-1/23 are not available . Of coarse our CSR dates are 1/20-1/23 ! :mad:

Oh well , are plan B is a Studio at Boulder Ridge, and its already booked now. Have till Saturday when we book a Poly Studio for our split stay , for the CSR rooms to open up for our dates , otherwise it will have to be next trip for CSR !

Last edited:
I was hoping to ask a few questions so we can make a decision about which section to request:
1 . Is there a resort shuttle to get to the main building? We have an ADR at Maya Grill the first night, and could drive if necessary.
2. If we choose the Cabanas refurbed building, what is the likelihood of us getting a seat on the buses out to the parks in late August/early September?
3. Which is closest to the main building- Casitas building 4 or Cabanas 8A?

@frannn Just hop on any park bus to go around. Casitas 4 and 8A would probably be about the same walk. Less than 5 minutes to El Centro. There is a new bridge across the lake that goes to Cabanas.

I was hoping to ask a few questions so we can make a decision about which section to request:
1 . Is there a resort shuttle to get to the main building? We have an ADR at Maya Grill the first night, and could drive if necessary.
2. If we choose the Cabanas refurbed building, what is the likelihood of us getting a seat on the buses out to the parks in late August/early September?
3. Which is closest to the main building- Casitas building 4 or Cabanas 8A?

We've went labor day weekend for the last 4 years. We always stay in cabanas and actually use bus stop 1 most of the time (which is the last stop). I can't remember not having a seat. I'm sure it's happened but I would say its the exception to the rule.

We've went labor day weekend for the last 4 years. We always stay in cabanas and actually use bus stop 1 most of the time (which is the last stop). I can't remember not having a seat. I'm sure it's happened but I would say its the exception to the rule.
Oooohhhh I'd love to know more about your stay at CS. Did you eat at Maya Grill? Are you rope-droppers? We usually hit the bus stop around 8-9.

Oooohhhh I'd love to know more about your stay at CS. Did you eat at Maya Grill? Are you rope-droppers? We usually hit the bus stop around 8-9.

At that time of the year? Yes, we are early risers. It gets very, very hot. For example, my DD hair bows came unglued due to the heat (they were hot glued to begin with) My flip flops came apart one year. I thought they just broke but the next morning I picked them up to throw away and they were glued back together. So yes, that hot. We really love CSR and after multiple stays I only have wonderful things to say about it. The staff is exceptional and we've stayed everywhere in property except the cabins and POP. The only ones that would give them a run for their money are the GFV staff. Some favorite moments are when my DD lost her first tooth, they had tinker bell "visit" our room and left her a tink pin. My DS got sick at night all over the bed. Housekeeping was there in a flash and management stopped by with a donald, a goofy, ginger ale and power aid. So thoughtful! We've stayed in Casitas and I didn't like it as much as cabanas but with the construction, I would probably choose Casitas to be on the safe side, since the bulk of the construction is going on in the cabanas area. Maya grill is good not great. I can't say our meals have been bad there but nothing memorable. We like the other options at WDW if we are going to do Mexican. The 2 in Epcot are good and we really enjoyed Frontera Cuisina in DS. I hope that helps, let me know if you have any other questions.

To my CSR lovers who plan to travel summer 2018...
Are you planning to brave the tower construction? Or are you going to explore to another resort?

We're off to CSR soon and I'm not too concerned about the current work, but it's hard to guess how "intrusive" it'll be next June. :scratchin

At that time of the year? Yes, we are early risers. It gets very, very hot. For example, my DD hair bows came unglued due to the heat (they were hot glued to begin with) My flip flops came apart one year. I thought they just broke but the next morning I picked them up to throw away and they were glued back together. So yes, that hot. We really love CSR and after multiple stays I only have wonderful things to say about it. The staff is exceptional and we've stayed everywhere in property except the cabins and POP. The only ones that would give them a run for their money are the GFV staff. Some favorite moments are when my DD lost her first tooth, they had tinker bell "visit" our room and left her a tink pin. My DS got sick at night all over the bed. Housekeeping was there in a flash and management stopped by with a donald, a goofy, ginger ale and power aid. So thoughtful! We've stayed in Casitas and I didn't like it as much as cabanas but with the construction, I would probably choose Casitas to be on the safe side, since the bulk of the construction is going on in the cabanas area. Maya grill is good not great. I can't say our meals have been bad there but nothing memorable. We like the other options at WDW if we are going to do Mexican. The 2 in Epcot are good and we really enjoyed Frontera Cuisina in DS. I hope that helps, let me know if you have any other questions.

That was super nice of them! Considering our last stay my son got sick all over his bedding 2 nights in a row and each time it took them a good hour to get us new bedding, we were lucky to just get that.

Thanks for the pics !
The king room looks great , just booked one for January .
Looking forward to our first stay (but not first visit) to CSR .

Well , finally found some availability at CSR for the end of our stay in January (first part is still unavailable) .
So , we are all booked for a split stay ............and our very first stay at CSR although we have visited many times !!! :cool1:
We will be at Boulder Ridge (WL DVC) for the first half of our trip , then transferring over to CSR for the remainder of our stay .

Funny , we have stayed at most resorts on property, and all the Deluxe resorts. CSR is among one of our very favorites ! LOVE the whole Rancho's section , and the entire vibe and quietness of the resort.
We reserved a standard king room , instead of preferred , and REALLY hoping they stick us in Rancho's !!! (I know some people dont like to be way back in the Rancho's , but we love it back there ! )

I guess , I can thank the DVC website for being a complete mess this morning for booking , and after all the dust settled , our beloved Poly was no longer available :headache:. We took that as an opportunity to jump on the CSR bandwagon ! :cheer2: So, maybe it was meant to be . We have stayed at the Poly many times, so it is ok . We will save some points, AND we finally get to stay at CSR.

CANT WAIT for our stay in January !
Now just hoping the construction is not too much to handle !

Just looking forward to some relaxing days by the pools , wandering around the resort and Rancho's section , eating at Pepper Market , and hoping to try Maya Grill for the first time !

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!