Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if we have two rooms booked with one confirmation number, what are the chances that the rooms will be next to each other?
We have always had 2reservation numbers for 2 rooms. You might check that out. And you can call Disney and ask to have adjoining rooms. No guarantee.
Is the number that you have an adjoining room number? They issue a number for that too.

it may be because we have a passholder discount? I thought we would have 2 confirmation numbers too, but we don't? How do you if your confirmation number is an adjoining room one? lol

it may be because we have a passholder discount? I thought we would have 2 confirmation numbers too, but we don't? How do you if your confirmation number is an adjoining room one? lol
Call disney and tell them you would like adjoining rooms. They gave us a number for that.

We'll be there in July, and I know we will use Uber at least once to do the water park. Will we be able to have them pick us up outside our building or will we have to go the El Centro to get picked up?

Also, I just want to confirm that they have pool towels at the Dig Site and the water parks for resort guests. I'm trying not to overpack, and I don't want to bring pool towels if I don't need to!

We'll be there in July, and I know we will use Uber at least once to do the water park. Will we be able to have them pick us up outside our building or will we have to go the El Centro to get picked up?

I believe all forms of "taxi" service have to pick you up at El Centro.

Also, I just want to confirm that they have pool towels at the Dig Site and the water parks for resort guests. I'm trying not to overpack, and I don't want to bring pool towels if I don't need to!

The Dig Site pool has towels as you enter.

We are staying at ASMo the night before we check into CSR. So you physically went over there and checked in the morning of the switch? I was just planning to do online check in and once we leave ASMo that morning just head to the parks and then head to CSR after we are done at the park. Did you move your own luggage or did you have bell services do it?

We drove over and just left our stuff in the car. I parked in the very back of the lot under some trees. We got the text that our room was ready about 2:00.

There were reports that towels were free at the water parks when you showed your valid magic band. Is this still true?

You have to rent them for $2.00 each
Do you know when they stopped providing them for free for people with a magic band? It was a nice perk that was added within the last year. Seems strange that they stopped this so quickly.

We used Uber in May, it picked us up at El Centro.

Do you know when they stopped providing them for free for people with a magic band? It was a nice perk that was added within the last year. Seems strange that they stopped this so quickly.
I just saw on another thread that they are free for resort guests now. Many of us here had not heard of this before! (And I'm here almost every day, so not sure how I missed it.)

I've never seen this mentioned so...do the quiet pools have shower facilities? I have an early evening flight out of Orlando on my departure day and will want to freshen up before heading to the airport. Thanks!

Just booked my Jan '18 trip!!! For some reason 1/20-1/28 had 0 room availability. Literally not a single category of room is available at CSR. Oh well, flights were actually cheaper the week before and now DH can celebrate his birthday in Disney!

I've never seen this mentioned so...do the quiet pools have shower facilities? I have an early evening flight out of Orlando on my departure day and will want to freshen up before heading to the airport. Thanks!

I stayed in Casitas 4 last week and we overlooked the quiet pool. I don't recall seeing a bathroom there although the spa and gym were right next to it. The bathrooms there were nice but did not have a shower. However, there were 2 shower stalls in the men's bathroom at the Dig Site. Our flight was at 10:55pm so we spent some time at the pool and were able to clean up before going to the airport.

Just got back from a 9 day stay late on Sunday night. This was our first time at CS so I thought I would share my impressions for those that are interested.

We stayed in Casitas 4 and had a room overlooking the quiet pool. There was a small conference there at the time we were so the resort seemed very quiet. The walk to El Centro was very reasonable. Since I am an early riser in my family I took a leisurely walk around the lake almost every morning. I loved the scenery and the lake and the resort didn't really seem as big as it is. One pet peeve was that the designated smoking areas were along the walking path. It was common to walk through smoke if there was someone feeding their habit along the way and the wind was right.

I found the staff at the hotel very friendly and helpful. I did have a couple issues on check-in and check-out day with locating someone to help me in the bag check area of bell services. I had to walk back into the lobby twice to find someone to help me with checking bags. I did have some issues with dining reservations being impacted by bus delays and the person at the desk that helped me was not 100% up to speed on the ins/outs of dining reservations which created some difficulty with a cancelled/rebooked reservation one night. I found it easier to just call the WDW toll free number from my room rather than go to the desk.

Contrary to what others have said in previous posts, i found the food at Pepper Market to be well below standard. I did not eat dinner there but ordered an omelet one morning and ate 2 bites before throwing it away. It was awful. The home fries were tasteless too. We ate lunch there one time and the nachos my wife and I split were also below standard. The cheese wasn't any better than what you would get at a stadium and although the portion size was good I wouldn't really recommend. I did find the pastries at Cafe Rix to be good. Based on my experience with breakfast at Pepper Market I made a habit of just getting muffins and danish at Cafe Rix as they were cheaper and better from a food quality standpoint. I was also surprised with the lack of Mexican options on the menu. I would rate Pepper Market to be the worst of any of the 4 resorts we've stayed at in the past.

I seemed to continue my love/hate relationship with the buses for this trip. We requested building 4 to ensure we were close to the first bus stop. That was good for us. All of the park buses stopped at Bus Stop 2 first and stop 1 (El Centro) last. That helped ensure we always had a seat. The only bus that stopped at El Centro first was the Disney Springs bus. I don't think I've ever had a trip that i didn't have at least one bus problem. This time we waited 45 min for a Disney Springs bus back to the resort and missed our reservation at Boma because of it although I don't think this is a resort specific issue. Luckily we were able to move back the time.

Lastly, I'll touch on construction. I only noticed the construction because I knew it was there. It really didn't impact our trip in the slightest. We were across the lake from it so it was easy to see but i didn't have any issues with noise. The old bus stop 1 was taken down while we were there and some sort of a crane was constructed late in our trip. I would image as the tower starts going up there will be more noise as the heavy construction ramps up but while we were there it wasn't an issue.

Overall, we enjoyed the resort and what it had to offer. I wouldn't recommend Pepper Market for food unless you really need to eat there. This was our 2nd stay in a moderate and I think I enjoyed French Quarter more but I wouldn't turn down a stay at CS for the right price.

Thanks for all your insight. I'm left wondering if we should forgo requesting a refurb Cabanas room in late August to instead ask for Casitas to be nearest to the first bus stop. Both buildings look about the same distance to the main building. We really wanted to try the refurb room in Cabanas, but don't want to stand on the bus and wait a lot of extra time for it to get around the other stops. Can anyone shed some light on this and help us decide :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter