Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

Coming to stay at the Contemporary Resort beginning Nov. 20th. I am now a Disneylander living in SoCal since 1999, but I grew up in Florida and went to WDW often. I stayed at the Contemporary Resort as well as the campgrounds growing up and remember the water pagent. It is a really fond childhood memory.

So my question is, are they still doing this now? Or has this been discontinued during COVID?
It is not running at this time, no date for return either unfortunately.

What time do they start security screening for MK opening? The day we’re going this month MK has a 9am opening. We’re staying in a studio at BLT
We just returned last night from a three night stay at Contemporary in the Garden Wing. Our experience, on our MK days (9am opening per the calendar), was they were allowing people through screening as early as 8:15am.

For people on the resort side, how is mousekeeping handling the beds/linens? I know service is every other day and I realize they probably aren’t changing the linens, but are they making the beds & daybeds/tucking in sheets & blankets, etc.?

On our three night stay in the Garden Wing (which we loved the convenience of) they came in and replenished individual toiletries and towels, took dirty towels and it appeared that they cleaned the sinks. Bed linens were not changed, nor were the beds made.

Just changed my January stay to the Garden Wing! My first time at the Contemporary!!
We enjoyed our stay in the Garden Wing way back when there were still two wings (but the North wing was being torn down to make BLT).

Getting to Garden Wing questions. When walking from/to the Magic Kingdom, how do you get to the Garden wing rooms? I'm wondering if we need to go through the hotel lobby/main building or if you can walk outside. Also, do the Garden wings have elevators or just stairs to the second floor?

Getting to Garden Wing questions. When walking from/to the Magic Kingdom, how do you get to the Garden wing rooms? I'm wondering if we need to go through the hotel lobby/main building or if you can walk outside. Also, do the Garden wings have elevators or just stairs to the second floor?
You can walk behind the Contemporary by the pool to get to the Garden wing without entering the main building.

Are there ice machines at the Contemporary (specifically the Garden Wing), and are they operational right now? Thanks!

Are there ice machines at the Contemporary (specifically the Garden Wing), and are they operational right now? Thanks!

We were able to get ice from the ice machines when we stayed in the tower last week. I'm not sure about the garden wing.

Are guests of the Contemporary and the Bay Lake Tower allowed to use the pools at both hotels?

We are booked for CBR Dec 5. Any advantage to moving to CR? Can we take monorail to Epcot or to other monorail resorts? Boat to Wilderness lodge?
thanks

We are booked for CBR Dec 5. Any advantage to moving to CR? Can we take monorail to Epcot or to other monorail resorts? Boat to Wilderness lodge?
thanks

Normally you’d take the monorail to Epcot, but the Epcot Monorail line has not reopened yet (with no info on when it will return). Until that changes it’s bus for CR-Epcot transportation.

You can take the resort monorail around to the other MK resorts (note, the Poly station is closed for construction through probably summer 2021).

Unfortunately the CR-WL-FW boat has also not returned to operation, otherwise it’s normally a breeze. An alternative is to walk over the MK and take the boat from there to WL (assuming MK is still open).

I’d personally take CR over CBR 8 times out of 10, but that’s just my take.

Normally you’d take the monorail to Epcot, but the Epcot Monorail line has not reopened yet (with no info on when it will return). Until that changes it’s bus for CR-Epcot transportation.

You can take the resort monorail around to the other MK resorts (note, the Poly station is closed for construction through probably summer 2021).

Unfortunately the CR-WL-FW boat has also not returned to operation, otherwise it’s normally a breeze. An alternative is to walk over the MK and take the boat from there to WL (assuming MK is still open).

I’d personally take CR over CBR 8 times out of 10, but that’s just my take.
Thanks for the info. Can you exit at TTC and walk to Poly?

We were hoping to get a 2BR at Bay Lake Tower for June. The only thing available is a 2BR lock off. What is the difference between a normal 2BR and a 2 BR lock off?

58526CC2-3508-4CC3-BC7F-5090DCCA91F8.png4640BBA4-3576-48FB-9C33-433E254B68D8.png68EA25A6-9D17-40D5-8E73-FEE88101FCE0.png
We were hoping to get a 2BR at Bay Lake Tower for June. The only thing available is a 2BR lock off. What is the difference between a normal 2BR and a 2 BR lock off?
Mainly the 2nd bedroom. See pics!

Also the rooms on the outer C are pie shaped vs the inner C are rectangle. The inner ones have a laundry room , the outer just a laundry stack with door.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter