Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

So, we are here in the Garden wing next to the lake. The view is gorgeous, but we are farthest from everything. Is there another way out of the back building? We aren’t on the ground, so I’m not sure if it would be more obvious there.

Hi! Starting to get excited about our first BLT stay in 70 days! I've heard that people have run into Captain Hook in the BLT community hall when he stops by on his way to a pirate cruise. Has anyone seen him recently? If so, what time did you see him? Thanks :-) My 2 1/2 year old loves Captain Hook. She has a hand me down Peter Pan playset that came handed down with a bunch of Captain Hook figurines, and she thinks he's great. I haven't explained that he's a bad guy. Don't want to rock her world just yet. Ha.

Contemporary Resort scheduled for room renovations, I hope the flat sinks in the bathrooms bite the dust!!!

http://or.occompt.com/recorder/eagleweb/downloads/20190212461.pdf?parent=DOC2609S7126

I must be weird because these sinks don't bother me. In fact, our home has sinks like this in our boy's bathroom, and they aren't a problem there either.

How extensive of a renovation are we looking at here? Timeline? That document just says "General construction." That could mean anything.

The document wouldn’t pull up correctly. Any information on renovation timeline?

I must be weird because these sinks don't bother me. In fact, our home has sinks like this in our boy's bathroom, and they aren't a problem there either.

How extensive of a renovation are we looking at here? Timeline? That document just says "General construction." That could mean anything.

Document says construction work to be completed by 9/30/2020.

Thanks for sharing!!! Yayyyy!!!

Although I am pretty salty that the one year they didn’t have this available was last year when we spent a week there and were looking forward to it!

We do have a quick trip at the Polynesian this year so the kids will be happy at least to visit and see it back. I made them go try the Grand Floridian arcade last year and they were unimpressed!! Just too bad it couldn’t have been while we had a week there!!

Hi! Forgive me if this is silly question, but where does it say on that document it's a room renovation? We're staying at the Contemporary in August for the first time, in a garden wing room, and would be thrilled to get a newly renovated room.

Hi! Forgive me if this is silly question, but where does it say on that document it's a room renovation? We're staying at the Contemporary in August for the first time, in a garden wing room, and would be thrilled to get a newly renovated room.

It doesn't say that. I am not convinced that this is what the construction is about.

Also, you would definitely NOT get a renovated room by this August, since they haven't announced either the renovation itself or the timeline for it beginning. I would also expect that they would renovate the tower rooms first, usually they work their way down from the top. The garden wing rooms would likely be done last.

Are small pool towels provided?
Would like to swim on departure day but don't want to have my giant beach towel taking up room in my carry on on the way home.

Are small pool towels provided?
Would like to swim on departure day but don't want to have my giant beach towel taking up room in my carry on on the way home.
Usually they have a cart of towels at the pool unless things have changed.

I just got upgraded to the Contemporary from Caribbean Beach to a “Main tower - theme park view”. Which building would that be? I know nothing about the contemporary other than the restaurants and that the monorails run thru it. I am really excited- just trying to figure out if I need to ask for anything

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!