Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

Hi everyone! My family will be staying in a BLV room starting on March 1. We have decided to upgrade our parkhoppers to annual passes and I recently read that you can now make the upgrade at your resort hotel. Has anyone had any experience with doing this at the Contemporary? If so, where did you do it? Concierge or main checkin desk? TIA for the input.

Since no one ever responded to my question, I thought I would come back on here to let anyone who was interested know that we were in fact able to upgrade our 8 day park hoppers to annual passes at the hotel concierge desk. My DH was able to upgrade all 5 of us without the rest of us (2 over the age of 18) needing to be present. However, we were not able to purchase tables in wonderland. We went to guest services for that. Just an FYI.

Since no one ever responded to my question, I thought I would come back on here to let anyone who was interested know that we were in fact able to upgrade our 8 day park hoppers to annual passes at the hotel concierge desk. My DH was able to upgrade all 5 of us without the rest of us (2 over the age of 18) needing to be present. However, we were not able to purchase tables in wonderland. We went to guest services for that. Just an FYI.

Thanks for following up. That is good to know. We will be looking to upgrade when we are at Wilderness Lodge in June.

I see from post #2 that Bay View has Contemporary Resort branded merchandise?
Can anyone gift me an example of the type of branded merch they have?
Snow globe, jewelry, mugs...? Basically looking for something to commemorate my upcoming stay and wanted a heads up at what type of merch I can expect to see.

Snow globe, jewelry, mugs...? Basically looking for something to commemorate my upcoming stay and wanted a heads up at what type of merch I can expect to see.
This is the newest Contemporary line: https://wdwnt.com/2018/07/photos-ev...-merchandise-arrives-at-contemporary-resport/

I don't think i've seen a snow glove or jewelry. Each resort usually has at minimum a magnet, pin, and mug. Some will have more things that are specifically themed like Poly with Hawaiian shirts.

This is the newest Contemporary line: https://wdwnt.com/2018/07/photos-ev...-merchandise-arrives-at-contemporary-resport/

I don't think i've seen a snow glove or jewelry. Each resort usually has at minimum a magnet, pin, and mug. Some will have more things that are specifically themed like Poly with Hawaiian shirts.
Oh wow thanks! So someone on another thread said Bay View would only have DVC merch so is it true that Contemporary resort merch would not be sold there?
I guess now I'm just feeling confused.

The CR has had mugs, tervis mugs, keychains, shot glasses, luggage travel
Mugs, and hats that I can remember. They have the traditional CR logo with the monorail and last summer they also had a Mary Blair line that was really nice. Unfortunately, for some reason, the CR has not had any clothing, which is what I like to buy the most. Most other resorts I’ve stayed at have some combo of t-shirts, zip front sweatshirts, long sleeved shirts, and polo shirts. But at least they have logo merch.

Mugs, and hats that I can remember. They have the traditional CR logo with the monorail and last summer they also had a Mary Blair line that was really nice. Unfortunately, for some reason, the CR has not had any clothing, which is what I like to buy the most. Most other resorts I’ve stayed at have some combo of t-shirts, zip front sweatshirts, long sleeved shirts, and polo shirts. But at least they have logo merch.
Glad to know they have traditional logo items as well. I was hoping for traditional.

But at least they have logo merch.
I wanted the logo magnet back in October and it was sold out. The CM didn't seem to think they were getting any more in stock. They were also out of the Mary Blair magnet. Fast forward to December, still no logo magnet, but the Mary Blair magnet was in stock. Its cute, but the magnet is HUGE. Like 4x larger than the logo one was. I regret not purchasing the logo one years ago. I check eBay daily to see if one is posted with a reasonable price.

Me too. Disney why won’t you take my money? I would love a shirt or sweatshirt :-)

I wanted the logo magnet back in October and it was sold out. The CM didn't seem to think they were getting any more in stock. They were also out of the Mary Blair magnet. Fast forward to December, still no logo magnet, but the Mary Blair magnet was in stock. Its cute, but the magnet is HUGE. Like 4x larger than the logo one was. I regret not purchasing the logo one years ago. I check eBay daily to see if one is posted with a reasonable price.
I haven’t stayed there since last June, and at that time they didn’t have anything different in the original logo merchandise from my stay in December 2015, so I didn’t buy anything. I can’t remember if they had the magnets then or not. I am glad they have something, but their selection is probably the worst of all the resorts I’ve stayed at. I guess the YC and BC don’t have a ton, but they had shirts and sweatshirt like jackets, so I was happy.

I haven’t stayed there since last June, and at that time they didn’t have anything different in the original logo merchandise from my stay in December 2015, so I didn’t buy anything. I can’t remember if they had the magnets then or not. I am glad they have something, but their selection is probably the worst of all the resorts I’ve stayed at. I guess the YC and BC don’t have a ton, but they had shirts and sweatshirt like jackets, so I was happy.
So true!

Questions about the pool area:
Is there a changing/restroom area by the main pool? Are there lockers for rent? I am asking because our room may not be ready before my daughter would like to swim. TIA

Questions about the pool area:
Is there a changing/restroom area by the main pool? Are there lockers for rent? I am asking because our room may not be ready before my daughter would like to swim. TIA

I assume you’re talking about the CR pool, not BLT? If so, yes there are (rather small) restrooms/showers/changing facilities in the building in between both CR pools. It’s the same building with the snack bar, pool bar, recreation rentals, etc.

There are also small free lockers available, although I suspect most people just leave their ‘stuff’ on their pool chairs to some extent.

Obviously larger bags and such can be left with bell services if needed.

IMG_7400.jpeg

IMG_7429.jpeg

IMG_7430.jpeg

Hope that helps!

Quick transportation question. If we want to go to Epcot from the Contemporary, do we have to go through bag check THREE times? Once before boarding the resort monorail, again at the TTC, and again at the Epcot entrance?? When we stayed at the Poly we walked to the TTC so we only had to go through twice - once at the TTC and again at Epcot.

If the answer is 3 times, I imagine we'd be better off either walking to the MK and taking a bus to one of the IG resorts, or just driving our car to the front of Epcot.

Quick transportation question. If we want to go to Epcot from the Contemporary, do we have to go through bag check THREE times? Once before boarding the resort monorail, again at the TTC, and again at the Epcot entrance?? When we stayed at the Poly we walked to the TTC so we only had to go through twice - once at the TTC and again at Epcot.

If the answer is 3 times, I imagine we'd be better off either walking to the MK and taking a bus to one of the IG resorts, or just driving our car to the front of Epcot.
No, just twice. Once when you enter the monorail line at the Contemporary and a second time after exiting the monorail at Epcot. You are already inside bag check at the TTC when you change monorails. It's still painful, but better than 3 times!

But hopefully, with the changes at Epcot coming in the near future, they will have a way for monorail riders to enter directly into the ticketing area instead of having to go through bag check one more time.

Don't forget. If you walk to the MK to catch a bus, you'll still have to go through bag check to get to the buses on the sidewalk over from the Contemporary.

But hopefully, with the changes at Epcot coming in the near future, they will have a way for monorail riders to enter directly into the ticketing area instead of having to go through bag check one more time.

Don't forget. If you walk to the MK to catch a bus, you'll still have to go through bag check to get to the buses on the sidewalk over from the Contemporary.

Thanks, I forgot about that :-) Seems like driving might be the easiest way to get to Epcot from BLT/Comtemp. I'm not usually a driver in WDW, but maybe we'll try it this trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter