Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

Is there something about the design of the building that makes MK not visible from bed from the even numbered rooms?

The rooms alternate orientation. Meaning, in an odd numbered room, you walk in and the bathroom is on the left, headboards are on the left, TV is on the right, etc. When sitting on the far bed looking straight, you’re facing north. MK is visible just to the northwest out the window.

In an even numbered room, everything is the opposite. So when you’re in the far bed looking straight, you’re facing south. The MK is over your back right shoulder (if you could see through walls).

Hope that makes sense. Probably made that explanation more complicated than needed.

Last edited:
The rooms alternate orientation. Meaning, in an odd numbered room, you walk in and the bathroom is on the left, headboards are on the left, TV is on the right, etc. When sitting on the far bed looking straight, you’re facing north. MK is visible just to the northwest out the window.

In an even numbered room, everything is the opposite. So when you’re in the far bed looking straight, you’re facing south. The MK is over your back right shoulder (if you could see through walls).

Hope that makes sense. Probably made that explanation more complicated than needed.
Ah, gotcha. Thanks! :)

Last year when we booked for Halloween week, we booked lagoon view, in the towers.

Upon arrival we were upgraded for free to MK view.

Had the time of our lives and the surprise was awesome.

This year we already booked MK view.

Safe travels.

All TPV rooms in the Tower are for the most part equal, but I'd vote for a high floor myself.

Also, if I had a choice - I'd rather not be on the Chef Mickey's side of the building due to restaurant noise that tends to float up. Although one could easily go their whole trip and be out of the room enough for this to not be a factor at all, so this isn't some 'major' consideration in my opinion - just an observation.

This crude map shows the floor plan (ignore the CL lounge label, that's only on the 12th floor). Perfect rooms for me would be xx34-xx48 - away from Chef Mickey's, close to the MK. But I wouldn't be upset if I had a room more on the Chef Mickey's side.

View attachment 374171

A popular request is an odd numbered room. Odd numbered rooms let you lay in bed and see the MK, like below. :-)
View attachment 374172

We were on the 9th floor in room 41 a few weeks ago. The view was fantastic and that side certainly seemed way quieter than the chef Mickey side of the building.

I was able to book a room in the Main Tower with Theme Park View for August with the FD promotion! Yay!
So, now I'm wondering if there is much difference between the rooms in this category. Should I request a high floor, or are there certain rooms that you DIS experts like better than others?
We had two glorious nights in room 4739 last month. It was our deluxe, resort hopping trip. There is nothing better than watching fireworks from your TPV balcony while sipping wine in your jammies :banana:

We had two glorious nights in room 4739 last month. It was our deluxe, resort hopping trip. There is nothing better than watching fireworks from your TPV balcony while sipping wine in your jammies :banana:
Fireworks in jammies sounds perfect. Room 4739 was you at Contemporary or Bay Lake? Most of the previous posts were talking Tower room so assuming those posts were Contemporary. Just curious on your resort hopping which did you like best?

Fireworks in jammies sounds perfect. Room 4739 was you at Contemporary or Bay Lake? Most of the previous posts were talking Tower room so assuming those posts were Contemporary. Just curious on your resort hopping which did you like best?
Tower, TPV. It was pretty expensive with no additional discount but worth doing it if only for 2 nights. Our favorite? We stayed 2 nights AKL-Jambo House, 2 nights CR-TPV, then 2 nights Poly, Lagoon View. At each resort I would say "that" one was my favorite......probably a tie between CR and Poly.....

Hi! Just booked BLT for Dec 1-8! This will be our first stay at a monorail resort. So excited!
You're going to love the non-monorail travel option of walking to and from Magic Kingdom! We tend to drive everywhere (except for Fort Wilderness for Hoop Dee Doo) since we drive down, but we make it a point to take at least one round trip on the monorail, just for nostalgia's sake. Have fun!

If you plan on using MK as your most used park, then you won't use the monorail too much, the BLT and contemporary are my favorite hotels as you can come and go as you please without any reliance upon transportation, using elevators with strollers or packed bag check points. We simply stroll along and walk in! This is especially awesome late at night when it comes to closing, it means you can wait around and absorb all the magic to the end without any anxiety of having to rush out to beat the lines at the monorail! My family loves doing this... Loves it! haha

We are not going till 2021, but I just love reading all the posts. We are going for the 50th anniversary of MK, end of Sept beginning of Oct, and the Contemporary is our first choice.

We are expecting it to be fairly nuts, and want to stay close to the action. We will be booking as soon as the date are available. (We need to figure out when that will be too!)We are debating either MK view regular room, or Concierge lagoon view, depends on the pricing difference.

If concierge lagoon view was less then $1000 more then MK view regular room, for 7 days, and we would be getting the basic dining plan, what would you choose, and why, for 2 adults. We would use the concierge services to book restaurants, etc...

We are not going till 2021, but I just love reading all the posts. We are going for the 50th anniversary of MK, end of Sept beginning of Oct, and the Contemporary is our first choice.

We are expecting it to be fairly nuts, and want to stay close to the action. We will be booking as soon as the date are available. (We need to figure out when that will be too!)We are debating either MK view regular room, or Concierge lagoon view, depends on the pricing difference.

If concierge lagoon view was less then $1000 more then MK view regular room, for 7 days, and we would be getting the basic dining plan, what would you choose, and why, for 2 adults. We would use the concierge services to book restaurants, etc...
If you look right now for the last Sunday of Sept int o the first week of October for 2019 Main Tower, TPV averages to $664 a night and the same week Conceirge Bay Lake view averages to $780 a night. A difference of $116 a night times 7 nights is less than $1000. Of course, you never know what difference a year makes!

If you look right now for the last Sunday of Sept int o the first week of October for 2019 Main Tower, TPV averages to $664 a night and the same week Conceirge Bay Lake view averages to $780 a night. A difference of $116 a night times 7 nights is less than $1000. Of course, you never know what difference a year makes!

Right! That is why we were thinking we might splurge...what would you do? Of course the numbers might change...Would you go for concierge regular view or MK standard room, no concierge...

Last edited:
I believe you said you are planning to get the dining plan, and use the concierge service to book reservations, etc. If you are getting the dining plan anyway, I would definitely go with the TP view regular room over the club level room. The concierge really can't do anything for you that you can't do for yourself. You can book the same reservations that they can book. If you have the dining plan, you would have too much food with the club lounge food too. If you are not getting the dining plan, and plan to eat several meals in the club lounge, then it might be worth it to you to get the club level room instead.

You're going to love the non-monorail travel option of walking to and from Magic Kingdom! We tend to drive everywhere (except for Fort Wilderness for Hoop Dee Doo) since we drive down, but we make it a point to take at least one round trip on the monorail, just for nostalgia's sake. Have fun!

I am looking forward to walking too. That's one reason we chose it over the other monorail resorts. I hated waiting for buses at the end of the night.

I went on the monorail "for fun" my first 2 trips but skipped it last trip and missed it. Looking forward to monorail rides this time. Lol

I believe you said you are planning to get the dining plan, and use the concierge service to book reservations, etc. If you are getting the dining plan anyway, I would definitely go with the TP view regular room over the club level room. The concierge really can't do anything for you that you can't do for yourself. You can book the same reservations that they can book. If you have the dining plan, you would have too much food with the club lounge food too. If you are not getting the dining plan, and plan to eat several meals in the club lounge, then it might be worth it to you to get the club level room instead.

We used to do the deluxe dining plan, (part of platinum plan which included Victoria and Alberts, all 2 credit dining was 1 credit, etc.)

but this trip we would pull it back to the basic dining, and have breakfast and snacks at the lounge. I have not been as successful booking reservations on my own. The plan we were on back in the day gave us the planning office access and we got everything we wanted on the days we wanted, including all the hard stuff...

hubby is trying to talk me out of CL, and would only consider it if the price difference was less then $1000. My thought is..if I want to see fireworks we can always go to the lounge. I am just trying to set expectations, who knows what will happen closer to the trip!

We used to do the deluxe dining plan, (part of platinum plan which included Victoria and Alberts, all 2 credit dining was 1 credit, etc.)

but this trip we would pull it back to the basic dining, and have breakfast and snacks at the lounge. I have not been as successful booking reservations on my own. The plan we were on back in the day gave us the planning office access and we got everything we wanted on the days we wanted, including all the hard stuff...

hubby is trying to talk me out of CL, and would only consider it if the price difference was less then $1000. My thought is..if I want to see fireworks we can always go to the lounge. I am just trying to set expectations, who knows what will happen closer to the trip!

I think standard view atrium club level is the perfect room at the CR- a real gem! I love the view from that side, and you can take the super short walk to the lounge to see the MK and fireworks. The best of both world, and as a bonus it’s less expensive. Since half of the CL floor has that view from their room I’ve never found the lounge crazy busy or had trouble watching the fireworks from one of the lounge balconies. I think I prefer that to paying for the MK view, then you can never see the beautiful bay lake view. However, I also think any dining plan plus CL, let alone the deluxe plan, would be a waste. Not that it couldn’t be done, but it would be a big luxury and there would be no “getting your moneys worth” from either club level or the dining plan. My personal preference is to stay club level, but we have fun trips when we don’t also. We really miss the easy breakfasts, though!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!