Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

Hi everyone, joining in here since I miraculously found availability for 3 nights at BLT during our upcoming Thanksgiving stay. We're staying in a 1 bedroom lake view, and I've already requested an even room number with a partial theme park view, so hopefully we'll get a good location.
I was wondering if someone could tell me which floor the skyway bridge is on that connects over to Contemporary? I've been to the Contemporary quite a bit for dining reservations but have never been to BLT.
Also, where are the mug refill locations?
TIA!

Hi everyone, joining in here since I miraculously found availability for 3 nights at BLT during our upcoming Thanksgiving stay. We're staying in a 1 bedroom lake view, and I've already requested an even room number with a partial theme park view, so hopefully we'll get a good location.
I was wondering if someone could tell me which floor the skyway bridge is on that connects over to Contemporary? I've been to the Contemporary quite a bit for dining reservations but have never been to BLT.
Also, where are the mug refill locations?
TIA!
Bridge is on the 5th floor at BLT andd connects to the 4th floor at CR.

Just wanted to share some quick highlights from our 5-day stay last week at CR
  • We were upgraded back from the Garden Wing into the Main Tower, on the Bay Lake Side. I know the dream is to wake up on the Theme Park side, but enjoying the view of Bay Lake, seeing the boat transportation traffic, and people watching down on the concourse is something I would now have no problem doing again.
  • The balcony was larger than I ever envisioned from photos and video. DD10 and I enjoyed mornings on the balcony, and it was a great spot for me to contact family at the end of the night to chat with a nice breeze.
  • The room size itself was just right for the two of us. Plenty of storage for everything. DD10 LOVES the bathroom.
  • The front desk check-in and Bell Services staff were phenomenal. Amazon had failed to label bags for half of our grocery order, and Bell Services went above and beyond to track everything down. They were kind enough to grant us a late check-out of 1PM on Friday to allow some time to relax after the prior night's MNSSHP.
  • One of the front desk staff was AMAZING with a conversation with DD10 about her MNSSHP costume. He literally treated her as if she was her character. It helped set a great tone for our Halloween party night.
  • It was fun to watch the traffic below in the shops and eateries on the fourth floor. Some people may see it as noise, to us it felt like life and excitement.
  • The pool was large, fun and never felt overwhelming. The slide was great.
  • We received a gift from the front desk staff of a white chocolate Mickey Mouse and a card on Tuesday night. That was really special to us, and the chocolate mouse successfully made the flight home!
  • The ability to walk to Magic Kingdom, especially with Early Morning Magic and MNSSHP tickets, and a 10p-12a EMH night, was a HUGE luxury.
We wrote notes of appreciation to our Mousekeeping staff each morning with their tip, and delivered handwritten notes of appreciation to our CM's in Bell Services and Check-In that made an impression with us. Hopefully it meant as much to them as their attention to us, meant to DD10 and I! We were spoiled and now I just sit here thinking, "how could we stay anywhere else if we return?"

I hope you all have half the enjoyment of this resort that we did!

We were upgraded back from the Garden Wing into the Main Tower, on the Bay Lake Side. I know the dream is to wake up on the Theme Park side, but enjoying the view of Bay Lake, seeing the boat transportation traffic, and people watching down on the concourse is something I would now have no problem doing again.
So happy to hear you enjoyed your stay! I love the idea of the handwritten notes - such a great personal touch that I am sure were greatly appreciated by cast members who are often taken for granted.

I've mentioned before buried somewhere in this thread, but you were actually upgraded to our preferred view. One trip we were offered an upgrade to a Theme Park room, but turned it down because of how much we like the Bay Lake view. We just requested that they pass that upgrade on to another family who would enjoy it more than us.

I totally get your comment about not being able to stay anywhere else. We had stayed at CR on our honeymoon 13 years ago, after ALMOST staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge. That trip spoiled us, and we haven't stayed anywhere else since.

Any tips on rooms to request from the main tower theme park view room? We are hoping to have a good firework view from our room since we love fireworks but DS1 doesn’t like the noise. This was a big splurge for us and will probably not have the opportunity to stay here again. We are usually in the value resorts but wanted to be able to walk to the MK with our little guy in tow for the first time ever.

Any tips on rooms to request from the main tower theme park view room? We are hoping to have a good firework view from our room since we love fireworks but DS1 doesn’t like the noise. This was a big splurge for us and will probably not have the opportunity to stay here again. We are usually in the value resorts but wanted to be able to walk to the MK with our little guy in tow for the first time ever.

From my one-time stay, I think you'll be fine in nearly any room there, but I'm sure some are more opportune than others. And you'll have the observation deck on the north side of the fourth floor at your leisure, also. ENJOY the ability to walk to and from Magic Kingdom! It's such a nice perk.

So happy to hear you enjoyed your stay! I love the idea of the handwritten notes - such a great personal touch that I am sure were greatly appreciated by cast members who are often taken for granted.

I've mentioned before buried somewhere in this thread, but you were actually upgraded to our preferred view. One trip we were offered an upgrade to a Theme Park room, but turned it down because of how much we like the Bay Lake view. We just requested that they pass that upgrade on to another family who would enjoy it more than us.

I totally get your comment about not being able to stay anywhere else. We had stayed at CR on our honeymoon 13 years ago, after ALMOST staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge. That trip spoiled us, and we haven't stayed anywhere else since.

We just wanted to be kind in return. We had a whole bucket of pixie dust poured on us during this trip and tried to find any way we could to pay it forward (I'd tell more about it, if I can ever get this Trip Report finished!) Notes may not have been much, but we wanted to send them anyway.

I know there are several wonderful places to choose from to stay on property. This place just won us over in every way.

With odd numbered rooms, you can lie in the bed closest to the window and see the castle/MK from bed. It's not worth a request for us, but some people do it.

I generally prefer a high floor, north end of the building. The north end of the building is away from Chef Mickeys. I don't 'really' mind if we're over Chef Mickeys, but it's not my first choice.

Ultimately, it's hard to go wrong with any TPV room at CR, in my opinion. Have fun!

@B. Shoe - Really enjoyed reading your review/post above. Thanks for sharing. One of the few/only true "Pixie Dust" moments we've had in our Disney travels was at CR so it holds a similar fond place in our memories. Glad you enjoyed your trip.

Thank you! I would never expect all of the great things that happened to us on this trip to ever happen again. But for this trip, a dad/daughter trip for her at age 10, it left a strong impression on us.

BLT Q:

Figured I'd ask here and also bump the thread at the same time. DVC owner is MIL although we are listed as associate members on her membership. Room is reserved under my name.

What is the best way to put in a room request? I don't mind calling MS myself but I don't want to ask MIL to do that.

BLT Q:

Figured I'd ask here and also bump the thread at the same time. DVC owner is MIL although we are listed as associate members on her membership. Room is reserved under my name.

What is the best way to put in a room request? I don't mind calling MS myself but I don't want to ask MIL to do that.
You could email through the member website or use the chat feature or call MS if you are an associate.

Staying at BLT , I heard the elevator floors can be confusing? Can someone confirm? TIA

Staying at BLT , I heard the elevator floors can be confusing? Can someone confirm? TIA
The fourth floor of the Contemporary is the fifth floor of BLT. So if you go from the main building to BLT and use the cross bridge between the two, you will leave the CR on the fourth floor and enter BLT on the fifth.

No. DVC has Mr Coffee style 10-12 cup coffee makers. You are given one, maybe two (with one decaf) prepackaged coffee pouch that makes 4-6 cups on each service day. You need to bring your own flat bottom basket style filters and coffee if you drink more than they provide. You might have a 4-6 cup coffee maker and you can ask Housekeeping to bring you the larger one if you want it.

Checking in to a BLT 2 BR in the near future. Making my morning coffee plans and found this bit of info in a search. Hoping to have coffee in the room, so this is great to know. Thanks! So these are just regular coffee makers not the ones that use the flat pods?

Checking in to a BLT 2 BR in the near future. Making my morning coffee plans and found this bit of info in a search. Hoping to have coffee in the room, so this is great to know. Thanks! So these are just regular coffee makers not the ones that use the flat pods?
Yes. Regular coffee maker. You will get a few prepackaged pouches of Joffrey's coffee each service day. Each pouch makes about 5-6 cups of coffee. If you drink more coffee than that, bring some from home. Also you'll need coffee filters since those aren't provided (you get the filtered package though, no filter needed there).

One more question, are the accessible rooms a bookable category? Just making sure my TP room request is ok for the category I booked.

Hello....are the Theme Park and the lake View rooms in different areas? We have 2 separate families each will be renting a 2BR. Do not have to be adjoining but it would be nice to be close to each other. To save a little money hoping to get 1 room a theme park and 1 a lake view. Is that possible or are they in different areas. thank you

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter