Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

Here at BLT in a theme park room right over awning for the entrance. As BLT owners, we are really disappointed that we are not on a higher floor and will go back to our usual north tower, even number, lake view room request for next year.

On a plus note... the room was ready around noon time so nice to get settled in the room and unpack midday!:flower1:

I'm looking at possibly staying at the Contemporary on the last leg of my trip from Nov 7th - Nov 11th in a Main Tower - Lake View room. I have been watching some Youtube video's and reading through this thread and have seen some mention of bugs at the Contemporary around the Garden Wing and pool area's. Is this something that any of you have encountered and is it something that you think would be an issue in November?

I'm looking at possibly staying at the Contemporary on the last leg of my trip from Nov 7th - Nov 11th in a Main Tower - Lake View room. I have been watching some Youtube video's and reading through this thread and have seen some mention of bugs at the Contemporary around the Garden Wing and pool area's. Is this something that any of you have encountered and is it something that you think would be an issue in November?
If they were lovebugs, they are very seasonal and gone by now. The lovebug season lasts about a week in the spring and the fall.

If they were lovebugs, they are very seasonal and gone by now. The lovebug season lasts about a week in the spring and the fall.

I didn't hear of a specific type of bug. It sounded like gnats around the pool area, but I've only heard that in one place so it may have just been an experience someone else had at one point in time. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't something widespread that others have experienced a lot. Thanks for the feedback.

Yeah, Love Bugs. Had them at GF back in late Sept. Saw many at CR (especially around the pool) in past Sept trips.

They don’t bite or sting, just kind of annoying to have around. They like to land on white towels. :-)

All in all pretty harmless overall.

We stayed in a garden wing room (room 6216) with a water view in August. It was very hot, so we did not need to open our Juliet balcony door. We did once for a few minutes when we first got there and had to chase mosquitoes around for a few minutes. But we were very close to the water and being so close, we did not dare open it again lol. I feel like in the main tower it would be different. I didn't see any at the pool.

We were in a lake view room in the main tower in September. 10th floor. We didn't notice any bugs out on our balcony.

I'm thinking this thread may be the best place to ask this question. I'll be heading down to WDW from Philly next week and was hoping to catch some of the Eagles / Jax Jaguars game from London on the TV. Since it's from London the kick-off is 9:30 AM (10/28) and I figured since JAX is playing it should be covered on local TV.

I've got Cali Grill brunch reservations that morning so I'll be over at the Contemp. At that time in the morning 9AM or so is there a chance they may have any TVs available in any of the lounge areas to catch some of the game? I'm thinking maybe the Outer Rim area or the Wave lounge?

I'm thinking this thread may be the best place to ask this question. I'll be heading down to WDW from Philly next week and was hoping to catch some of the Eagles / Jax Jaguars game from London on the TV. Since it's from London the kick-off is 9:30 AM (10/28) and I figured since JAX is playing it should be covered on local TV.

I've got Cali Grill brunch reservations that morning so I'll be over at the Contemp. At that time in the morning 9AM or so is there a chance they may have any TVs available in any of the lounge areas to catch some of the game? I'm thinking maybe the Outer Rim area or the Wave lounge?
I think the Outer Rim does have a tv. So does the Lobby downstairs. :)

I think the Outer Rim does have a tv. So does the Lobby downstairs. :)

Thanks. Lobby TV would even be fine for me. Obviously my main priority that morning is enjoying the Cali Brunch, but I figure if there are some TVs available in the morning might as well catch what I can before my ressie

Yeah, The Wave bar has lots big TVs. But not sure about the bar being open that early? Not sure, haven’t been to breakfast there.

Thanks. Lobby TV would even be fine for me. Obviously my main priority that morning is enjoying the Cali Brunch, but I figure if there are some TVs available in the morning might as well catch what I can before my ressie

We are watching the Jax/Chargers game right now and were just wondering the same thing about the Eagles game next weekend! We will be in a club room, but are checking out that morning. DH is hoping the lounge will have the game on since it’s the only game on at that hour. If not, we also figured on the Outer Rim. Good luck and enjoy your trip!

We are watching the Jax/Chargers game right now and were just wondering the same thing about the Eagles game next weekend! We will be in a club room, but are checking out that morning. DH is hoping the lounge will have the game on since it’s the only game on at that hour. If not, we also figured on the Outer Rim. Good luck and enjoy your trip!

Assuming you're talking about Atrium Club, there are two TVs in the lounge... a small kid's table TV, and this larger one in the main part of the lounge. I have generally found the CMs accommodating if there is a specific channel you'd like to turn it to... just ask. Note the channel lineup is limited to what's in the rooms, so you're at the mercy of the game being on a network/major channel.

6.JPG

Assuming you're talking about Atrium Club, there are two TVs in the lounge... a small kid's table TV, and this larger one in the main part of the lounge. I have generally found the CMs accommodating if there is a specific channel you'd like to turn it to... just ask. Note the channel lineup is limited to what's in the rooms, so you're at the mercy of the game being on a network/major channel.

View attachment 359816

Thanks, good to know. Yes, we’ll be in at the Atrium Club, but haven’t stayed there for several years (we’re DVC members and tend to stay at one of our home resorts). This is a special treat, but DH hates to miss his Eagles games. :)

Thanks, good to know. Yes, we’ll be in at the Atrium Club, but haven’t stayed there for several years (we’re DVC members and tend to stay at one of our home resorts). This is a special treat, but DH hates to miss his Eagles games. :)

Hope you have a good trip. We really like Atrium Club. :-)

We just got back from our trip and stayed 3 nights in BLT w/ rented DVC points. We had a lake view room, which actually directly overlooked pool and lake. We were on the 5th floor, which at first I was disappointed about b/c I wanted to be higher up, BUT I ended up loving it since we were just short walk away from the skyway bridge which linked us up to the main building. No waiting for elevators and we were able to walk right out of our room and in 10 seconds watch the fireworks at night from the skyway! Also could see the electrical water pageant from our balcony. Loved it!

We just got back from our trip and stayed 3 nights in BLT w/ rented DVC points. We had a lake view room, which actually directly overlooked pool and lake. We were on the 5th floor, which at first I was disappointed about b/c I wanted to be higher up, BUT I ended up loving it since we were just short walk away from the skyway bridge which linked us up to the main building. No waiting for elevators and we were able to walk right out of our room and in 10 seconds watch the fireworks at night from the skyway! Also could see the electrical water pageant from our balcony. Loved it!

We were there at the same time! Enjoying the nice cool temps in TX now and distressing from the heat and crowds.

We did a theme park view this year but will go back to lake view north tower or south tower next year (or 50 weeks but who’s counting!):rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!