Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

Just Booked !! Long weekend in Sept our first visit to the Contemporary !! Tell me I will love it !! We are in a garden view but for all I care it could be a parking lot view I am just happy to be there !! LOL :rotfl::cool1:

Ha! :thumbsup2

We booked:
California Grill for July 17
Chef Mickey's breakfast for July 20
Crystal Palace breakfast for July 23

On another note.....I am so, super worried. I know you should never book a resort with hopes of a discount in mind, but our BLT, MK view, 2 bedroom is a splurge for us. My mom has always dreamed of being able to see the fireworks from her room and this year I wanted that dream to come true. I just saw the Disney VISA code for summer and BLT is excluded.... I really hope this isn't a sign of what's to come for the AP and General Public discounts! :headache:

Do you mind if I ask what the Disney Visa code is? I have the Disney Visa but I haven't received any emails and no summer promo is showing on our account page...
I'm anxiously waiting for a late summer/early fall promo so I'm very interested! :)
Thanks

Do you mind if I ask what the Disney Visa code is? I have the Disney Visa but I haven't received any emails and no summer promo is showing on our account page... I'm anxiously waiting for a late summer/early fall promo so I'm very interested! :) Thanks

It only goes to 8/28. Do you still want it?

Do you mind if I ask what the Disney Visa code is? I have the Disney Visa but I haven't received any emails and no summer promo is showing on our account page... I'm anxiously waiting for a late summer/early fall promo so I'm very interested! :) Thanks

S4994
tel:14079397217

That is the number and code

It only goes to 8/28. Do you still want it?

Thank you so much!!!! We had planned on Sept but I may switch it if we decide its a good savings for us overall.
I'm going to have to call Visa Rewards in the morning and see what's going on. I'm not happy that we didn't know about this.
Thank you again!!!

Thank you so much!!!! We had planned on Sept but I may switch it if we decide its a good savings for us overall.
I'm going to have to call Visa Rewards in the morning and see what's going on. I'm not happy that we didn't know about this.
Thank you again!!!

I always check Mousesavers.com. They always have discounts on their homepage as soon as they're released :)

Thank you so much!!!! We had planned on Sept but I may switch it if we decide its a good savings for us overall. I'm going to have to call Visa Rewards in the morning and see what's going on. I'm not happy that we didn't know about this. Thank you again!!!

I got the email at 2:02pm ET today if that helps!

Super job on the new thread Kook !,:thumbsup2

Hubs and I are set to arrive 19 Oct-25 Oct in our 1BR villa at BLT...log-o-rail here we come !!:cool1:

Not sure I am excited about the new magic bands...anyone finding they limit you more or less to one park per day since you can only FP reserve for one park per day ? ( or did I read that wrong ?)

Also hoping WDW offers a military park hopper deal for Oct...fingers crossed !

So glad to find this thread. Lots of great info.

This will be my 4th time to WDW and first time onsite.:cool1::woohoo: We are staying at CR BLV Aug 23-30 for our 10th anniversary trip.
I'll log your dates and thank you for the kinds words about the revised thread.

Has anyone done with personal water craft tour by Sammy Duvall that leaves from the contemporary marina? I am thinking about doing it with my husband and was wondering what people's experiences were with it.
popcorn::

New digs!!!! :hug:
You found our new Bay Lake home:goodvibes. Please apprise me of where the Pas-tastics are staying AND YOU CAN'T USE YOUR NOTES:coffee:

Looks fantastic!
Thanks, cadale.

Ha! :thumbsup2

We booked:
California Grill for July 17
Chef Mickey's breakfast for July 20
Crystal Palace breakfast for July 23

On another note.....I am so, super worried. I know you should never book a resort with hopes of a discount in mind, but our BLT, MK view, 2 bedroom is a splurge for us. My mom has always dreamed of being able to see the fireworks from her room and this year I wanted that dream to come true. I just saw the Disney VISA code for summer and BLT is excluded.... I really hope this isn't a sign of what's to come for the AP and General Public discounts! :headache:
Oooo are we talking a two bedroom at rack rate:scared:? Could you book the one bedroom for you and mom or is this for more people? I'd hold on to the reservation until you're sure about the discounts.

Just Booked !! Long weekend in Sept our first visit to the Contemporary !! Tell me I will love it !! We are in a garden view but for all I care it could be a parking lot view I am just happy to be there !! LOL :rotfl::cool1:
You will LOVE IT!!! Might I suggest requesting a GV room that fronts Bay Lake? They are just steps from the water and beach:cloud9:

Super job on the new thread Kook !,:thumbsup2

Hubs and I are set to arrive 19 Oct-25 Oct in our 1BR villa at BLT...log-o-rail here we come !!:cool1:

Not sure I am excited about the new magic bands...anyone finding they limit you more or less to one park per day since you can only FP reserve for one park per day ? ( or did I read that wrong ?)

Also hoping WDW offers a military park hopper deal for Oct...fingers crossed !
Thank you so much and you are officially logged. The trend for years has been to offer the Military Salute tickets and room-only discount so it will probably be offered again - I hope! Every year I worry the discount will decrease and I have really gotten used to booking at 40% off:worship:

We used FP+ over Christmas and it worked really well and we still park-hopped. But, at that time, you could still pull FPs which you can't do now. We're good with one park's attractions per day and maybe just eating at another or doing rides at night when it's less crowded. Many have complained though about FP+ and only one park, maybe they will eventually change that restriction:confused3

Oooo are we talking a two bedroom at rack rate:scared:? Could you book the one bedroom for you and mom or is this for more people? I'd hold on to the reservation until you're sure about the discounts.

Yes! Rack rate!! It's my mom, sister, myself and my husband. The issue is we're all adults so we need 3 beds. Someone is already possibly 'stuck' on the sleeper with a two bedroom as it is ! We had a HUGE suite at the Dolphin last time we all went and it was phenomenal, but it just didn't feel as Disney to me and my mom has been dreaming of watching the fireworks from her room for years! We lost my dad when my sisters and I were young and she's done so much for us, so I want her to get her that dream!

I got the email at 2:02pm ET today if that helps!

It did help! I had to make a lot of phone calls today to figure out why I'm not getting emails or seeing the promos... Its still not resolved but it helped having the info you gave.
Thanks!

can someone please help me out on where the heck we are looking at staying ?(my H made the reservation)

the reservation says Disney's Contemporary Resort, Tower, Theme Park view.

when he made the reservations was told it was the main Contemporary Bldg, but I am confused by the "Tower" on the reservation?

TIA

can someone please help me out on where the heck we are looking at staying ?(my H made the reservation)

the reservation says Disney's Contemporary Resort, Tower, Theme Park view.

when he made the reservations was told it was the main Contemporary Bldg, but I am confused by the "Tower" on the reservation?

TIA

Yes, the main building is called the tower. So you'll be in the main building (tower) with a theme park view.

Great looking thread! We have booked June 6-16, 2015. It will our son's graduation trip so we splurged for a CR 1 bedroom suite, MK view. A long way off, but already excited!!!

Looks great, KOOK :goodvibes. Thanks for keeping this thread going....you do such a great job of keeping it up to date :thumbsup2. Haven't booked the CR yet, but it's in the running for our next trip (whenever that may be :laughing:).

Do they still play the music to Wishes on the TV? If so what channel? Would love it if anyone has recent info, because the last I saw was channel 20, but that is now ESPN.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter