Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

Hi everyone,

I just returned from Disney and my stay was at the CR. I had booked two discounted rooms (military) and requested first floor, Garden Wing. I was hoping for a little "magic" with a tower upgrade but didn't figure that was going to happen with the two rooms. I requested first floor because my father was with us and using an ECV and just didn't want to hassle with yet another elevator. We got two adjoining rooms with a lagoon view. I really enjoyed the Garden View rooms. So peaceful. We also did use our car a few times and it was great to have the parking lot right outside the building. I did not do online check in. We got to the resort about 9AM to drop off luggage and take care of the ECV pickup so I just went up to the counter. Then we headed over to MK. Our rooms were not ready until right at 3PM which was kind of a bummer but no big deal.

It was a bit of a hike to the Contempo Cafe each morning to get my big mug of hot tea, but no big deal. I was really pleased with the food selection there. On our first day, we had one of the flatbread pizzas for lunch--really very good. Cupcakes were fabulous there.

My only real "complaint" here, if you can even call it that, was that on several days when we came back to the room for an afternoon cool-down/shower, our rooms still had not been cleaned/towels refreshed. One day we just skipped it and asked for towels. On our next to last day there, when we were just hanging out, they were there at 9AM cleaning. None of it was a big deal but I just found the timing odd. Compared to other hotels, they seemed to take a long time going through the rooms from start to finish. But they did an EXCELLENT job cleaning and the staff was always so friendly.

Last edited:
We did last weak, bus arrived at contemporary at 11:30 , we stoped only at the Dolphin resort and then get to the Port at 1:15-1:30 , no lines and we were at Cabanas at 13:30, lunch was served till 3 pm
Thank you! Were the lines at the Aqua Duck already long? The kids are hoping to get to the ship early enough to ride it a few times before the lines are insanely long.

The lines were not Very long at 13:30 but grows us fast after 3, beter time to ride de aquauck is around 6 pm

On page 2 it says a fireworks simulcast is played on a tv channel. Does that mean that if I’m in my room and turn on that channel it will play the fireworks music from MK? Does it work for HEA and Holiday wishes party fireworks as well? Will it automatically be synced? Or do I have to time it to press play at the right time? I’ll be in BLT in case that matters.

On page 2 it says a fireworks simulcast is played on a tv channel. Does that mean that if I’m in my room and turn on that channel it will play the fireworks music from MK? Does it work for HEA and Holiday wishes party fireworks as well? Will it automatically be synced? Or do I have to time it to press play at the right time? I’ll be in BLT in case that matters.

It’s just a channel you tune to - it’ll play in perfect sync to the show. It’s channel 105, FWIW. When I was last at CR in 9/17, the channel listing still said Wishes, but it plays the HEA music. It’ll also play Holiday Wishes music as well. I have not personally stayed at BLT, only CR, but I think BLT has the same channel. Have fun!

13.jpg

What is realistically the lowest price you could pay to stay in the A-Frame? I'm normally a DVC renter but if I stayed at the Contemporary I'd rather be in the main building as opposed to BLT or the garden wing. Every time I've looked I've seen rates no lower than $500/night. Is that just the reality of the resort?

What is realistically the lowest price you could pay to stay in the A-Frame? I'm normally a DVC renter but if I stayed at the Contemporary I'd rather be in the main building as opposed to BLT or the garden wing. Every time I've looked I've seen rates no lower than $500/night. Is that just the reality of the resort?
I don’t think I’ve ever seen tower prices that low!

I just looked for the end of sept. AP rate for lake $447, TPV $485. those probably as low as they go.

I miss the old prices too.

As Ariel said, it's on your TV. I will add one minor point and a major point:

Minor: It's not just the music you hear; it's the narration as well.

Major: My eyes are literally watering thinking of how cool it has been every time to watch the fireworks from our balcony at the Contemporary. You will love it.

Can't wait to stay here again! Just switched my December trip from YC to a room in the tower.....I missed being on the monorail.
We'll be there Nov 30-Dec 4th this year! I'm very nervous as it's our first stay here and I'm concerned I will be spoiled to the point of having to stay here every time! I sprung for a TPV which I already know will be extra special! Incidently this resort appears to be sold out for that time frame so I'm guessing an AP rate, if announced, won't apply :(

Hi there!

Question for the CR experts...

We're staying at CR beginning August 25th. Check-in is 3pm, but we have an ADR for breakfast at BOG at 8:30am that same day. I'm hoping to park in CR parking (since I check in later that day) and head straight to MK.

Does anyone see that being a problem (i.e., not being allowed to park there until later in the day, closer to my check-in time)?

Thanks!!

Hi there!

Question for the CR experts...

We're staying at CR beginning August 25th. Check-in is 3pm, but we have an ADR for breakfast at BOG at 8:30am that same day. I'm hoping to park in CR parking (since I check in later that day) and head straight to MK.

Does anyone see that being a problem (i.e., not being allowed to park there until later in the day, closer to my check-in time)?

Thanks!!
You can go ahead and check in when you arrive. Your room might not be ready until 3PM. Or you can do online check in and you are basically checked in already when you arrive. You'll be fine parking there since you are a guest there. Just tell them at the guard shack that you are checking in when you arrive. They should have your name on a list.

Hi everyone! New here, but I've read back several pages. Hopefully you're willing to answer some beginner questions :)

I'm considering staying at the CR because of the ease of transportation to and from MK (I know I'm not alone here). My kids are young, including twins who will be preschool age when we go. I can probably only afford a Garden room- is the walk to MK much further if you're not staying in the main tower? I don't want to count on an upgrade to a tower room.

Second, I want to book well in advance to secure a standard view room (to save money) but also don't want to miss out on a discount. We are looking in January and in the past there have been some great room-only promotions during that time. If a discount comes up after I book, can I apply it to my reservation?

Thanks in advance!

Hi everyone! New here, but I've read back several pages. Hopefully you're willing to answer some beginner questions :)

I'm considering staying at the CR because of the ease of transportation to and from MK (I know I'm not alone here). My kids are young, including twins who will be preschool age when we go. I can probably only afford a Garden room- is the walk to MK much further if you're not staying in the main tower? I don't want to count on an upgrade to a tower room.

Second, I want to book well in advance to secure a standard view room (to save money) but also don't want to miss out on a discount. We are looking in January and in the past there have been some great room-only promotions during that time. If a discount comes up after I book, can I apply it to my reservation?

Thanks in advance!
I would say the walk is no more than 5 additional minutes. It can also depend on where your room is within the garden wing.

You can always book the room you want and then try to change the reservation once the discounts are available. You will not be able to apply the discount to the reservation unless the same exact room type and category is available under the promo to book at the time of the change. Say you have a standard view booked, but only a garden view is open under the promo. You may have to change in order to receive the discount. There are also many more garden view rooms in the garden wing. If you really want standard and can't find it under the promo when it is released, just keep checking. The room inventory does fluctuate.

Thanks in advance!

I was just in the Garden Wing a few weeks ago. Loved it. It is about a 5 minute walk (minimum) and you could be pretty far back into the Garden Wing. There are some rooms that are right at the entrance to the covered walkway. We were all the way down that hall and then had to turn left and go down that hallway so it was kind of lengthy but certainly fine. It did afford us a great lagoon view back there and the Garden Wing is a super quiet resort! At least 2 times a day I walked to the 4th floor to hit the Contempo Café so that entailed walking down the longer hall, outside under the covered walkway, into the tower, use of either the elevator or the two escalators, to get into the café. I got my exercise!

I would say the walk is no more than 5 additional minutes. It can also depend on where your room is within the garden wing.

You can always book the room you want and then try to change the reservation once the discounts are available. You will not be able to apply the discount to the reservation unless the same exact room type and category is available under the promo to book at the time of the change. Say you have a standard view booked, but only a garden view is open under the promo. You may have to change in order to receive the discount. There are also many more garden view rooms in the garden wing. If you really want standard and can't find it under the promo when it is released, just keep checking. The room inventory does fluctuate.

Thank you! That is very helpful!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!