Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

Question: Has anyone done a cruise following a stay at CR and used the Disney Magic Express? I'm trying to get a good idea of what time the bus picks up in the morning and what we should expect for arrival time at port. Thanks!

Question: Has anyone done a cruise following a stay at CR and used the Disney Magic Express? I'm trying to get a good idea of what time the bus picks up in the morning and what we should expect for arrival time at port. Thanks!
Magical Express doesn't go to the port. That is a different bus and there is a fee for it.

Magical Express doesn't go to the port. That is a different bus and there is a fee for it.

Yes, I know, sorry. What I meant to say was we are taking Magic Express from MCO to CR. Then we paid for the Disney bus for CR to port and then port to MCO.

As someone else on another thread stated....isn’t this why we have the magic bands? Some Marriott’s have this smart phone option and it has failed miserably! Since many of us run low on the phone battery by the end of the day I still see the magic band as my main way to get in my room.

I agree, I can’t see any scenario other than I ran out of the room and forgot my MB where this would be the least bit easier for me than simply using the MB on my wrist!

We did last weak, bus arrived at contemporary at 11:30 , we stoped only at the Dolphin resort and then get to the Port at 1:15-1:30 , no lines and we were at Cabanas at 13:30, lunch was served till 3 pm

Sure just $35 for the extra adult fee. A King room has a King bed and a Day bed.

Dave

You always know your stuff so I'm tip-toeing in asking this question... but I thought one or two of the King rooms on the Tower Club level (14th floor) did not have a daybed? I may be confusing them with the few 2Qs on that floor. I seem to remember people commenting in the past that one of those room types on 14 does not have day beds (obviously different than the rest of the building). But, could be mixing up info in my head.

You always know your stuff so I'm tip-toeing in asking this question... but I thought one or two of the King rooms on the Tower Club level (14th floor) did not have a daybed? I may be confusing them with the few 2Qs on that floor. I seem to remember people commenting in the past that one of those room types on 14 does not have day beds (obviously different than the rest of the building). But, could be mixing up info in my head.

When we stayed on the 14th floor in a King room there wasn't a daybed.
P1270028.JPG

Has anyone stayed at the Contemporary NYE? Does the TV play the music with the special fireworks like it normally does for HEA?

Hey @GADisneyDad14, no need to tip-toe.

Both of the King rooms on the 14th are configured for a Day bed. You might be thinking about the recent discussion from @DLgal, her family got the only HA Queen room. It is not configured for and does not have a Day bed to allow for more floor space in the room. It has the odd bathroom configuration with the frosted glass door that lights the entire room.

Note: Bedding is never guaranteed in a specific room. The Day bed could have be out for repair or may have been move temporarily to one of the Suites at a VIPs request.

Dave

Hey @GADisneyDad14, no need to tip-toe.

Both of the King rooms on the 14th are configured for a Day bed. You might be thinking about the recent discussion from @DLgal, her family got the only HA Queen room. It is not configured for and does not have a Day bed to allow for more floor space in the room. It has the odd bathroom configuration with the frosted glass door that lights the entire room.

Note: Bedding is never guaranteed in a specific room. The Day bed could have be out for repair or may have been move temporarily to one of the Suites at a VIPs request.

Dave

There are no daybeds in any of the standard (non suite) rooms on the 14th floor. We confirmed that during our stay when they were trying to find us a new room. They DO have rollaway beds that EASILY fit because the rooms are HUGE. However, the King rooms are slightly smaller and can only fit one rollaway.

If you go on the WDW site and look at the room photos of the Contemporary, you can see that the King rooms on the 14th floor have NO daybeds. They are not even mentioned in the room description. They may not even allow you to book those rooms as a party of 3.

Interestingly, I noticed that the room we had lists in the description DOUBLE BEDS. I KNEW it!!!

Last edited:
Has anyone stayed at the Contemporary NYE? Does the TV play the music with the special fireworks like it normally does for HEA?

We were there over the 4th of July and they played that special soundtrack on the TV.

We just recently returned from a stay at the CR. We had booked a garden wing standard view room. We were pleasantly surprised to be upgraded to the tower! They met all our room requests, top floor (for wing) for 9th so pretty high, close to main building (in it ) and away from elevator (2nd room form the end). They even granted my oops request when I forgot all they had was standard view and not garden view. I had requested bay lake view. So had to scratch that since that was not an option w/ standard view. I said I should have requested magic kingdom view.
I believe we were upgraded b/c there was a group of even cheaper rooms for the Nextstar dance competition that was going on while we were there for a good chunk of our trip. We found no problem with this other than the Contemp Cafe was nuts a chunck of time in the middle of the day. Seems like they need more dining options when there are that many people in the convention space. Lines were long and seats were not easy to get.
Over all it was a great stay at the CR!

We just recently returned from a stay at the CR. We had booked a garden wing standard view room. We were pleasantly surprised to be upgraded to the tower! They met all our room requests, top floor (for wing) for 9th so pretty high, close to main building (in it ) and away from elevator (2nd room form the end). They even granted my oops request when I forgot all they had was standard view and not garden view. I had requested bay lake view. So had to scratch that since that was not an option w/ standard view. I said I should have requested magic kingdom view.
I believe we were upgraded b/c there was a group of even cheaper rooms for the Nextstar dance competition that was going on while we were there for a good chunk of our trip. We found no problem with this other than the Contemp Cafe was nuts a chunck of time in the middle of the day. Seems like they need more dining options when there are that many people in the convention space. Lines were long and seats were not easy to get.
Over all it was a great stay at the CR!

We have a Garden Wing room booked for our September trip as well. I'm happy to be in the Garden Wing, but I wouldn't say no to a little pixie dust to get upgraded to the tower. Especially since we're there to celebrate our anniversary. I'm curious - what time did you check in? And did you do online check in? I've put in a room request via phone (first floor - only because after walking to the GW, I don't want to mess with an elevator or stairs), but I'm thinking I may call and change it. I don't want that to keep us from getting upgraded if there is an opportunity. Again, not really putting much hope in it, but I wouldn't say no!

We have a Garden Wing room booked for our September trip as well. I'm happy to be in the Garden Wing, but I wouldn't say no to a little pixie dust to get upgraded to the tower. Especially since we're there to celebrate our anniversary. I'm curious - what time did you check in? And did you do online check in? I've put in a room request via phone (first floor - only because after walking to the GW, I don't want to mess with an elevator or stairs), but I'm thinking I may call and change it. I don't want that to keep us from getting upgraded if there is an opportunity. Again, not really putting much hope in it, but I wouldn't say no!

We did online check in. When we were entering the grounds of the CR I immediately got a text saying our room wasn’t ready. This was pretty close to 11 am. So we headed to the Animal Kingdom. Still no text by 3. We were getting antsy b/c we had a 5:40 LeCellier reservation and wanted in our room before then. We then got drenched heading out and really wanted to change before heading to Epcot & dinner. We were getting antsy and still no text and it was almost 4. So I decided to check the app and when I went to our reservation I had to option to see the room number. There it was. We checked at the front desk to make sure and that we weren’t being charged. A tower room wasn’t in the budget for this trip. Lol so it was worth the wait.

Pixie dust is magical! We really wanted a theme park view as this will be our first time at CR (this November).....I went ahead and booked this view instead of a room in the Garden view area but really, i expect they are all wonderful! I hate to rush the time away since we also have a trip in October but i am really looking forward to the holiday decorations in November/December.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter