Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

Correct for the CL paid 3 FPs you also get a night time entertainment option for you to select. They put you a list for a specific option like HEA at MK or Rivers of Light at MK or Illuminations at Epcot...

Dave

Got it thank you - good to know. We haven't booked our FPs yet.

Hi! My husband and I are going to experience our first stay at the Contemporary in October, after moving from AKL due to a pool closure. We're staying in the Garden Wing, Garden View, and the peace and quiet seems nice for our 10 year anniversary!

We're really looking forward to staying on the monorail loop, as this is a "resort-only" vacation with just one park day, and we can try out different restaurants and sights! :)

Some questions:

How is the pool at the Contemporary? Is there much shade? If not.... is there *any* shade? What we liked about the AKL pool was the shade factor, but I really like that the Contemporary's pool is right on Bay Lake!

Regarding the refillable mugs - is there only a spot at Contempo Cafe, or will they fill them at the Sand Bar for you?

What about bathrooms near the pool? If we're spending our days there drinking, I know we won't want to trek back to the room :)

How is the pool at the Contemporary? Is there much shade? If not.... is there *any* shade? What we liked about the AKL pool was the shade factor, but I really like that the Contemporary's pool is right on Bay Lake!

Not a lot of shade, but some. It's a pretty open area. Look into renting a cabana though! That's what I would do with a full pool day!

Regarding the refillable mugs

The pool snack bar will give you a refill... for some reason I think you show them your mug and they fill a to-go cup... it's been a while since we had the mugs there, but that's what I remember.

What about bathrooms near the pool?

Yes, there is a bathroom!

Not a lot of shade, but some. It's a pretty open area. Look into renting a cabana though! That's what I would do with a full pool day!

The pool snack bar will give you a refill... for some reason I think you show them your mug and they fill a to-go cup... it's been a while since we had the mugs there, but that's what I remember.

Yes, there is a bathroom!

Thank you so much for your help! We decided to rent a cabana for 2 of our half-days there, to guarantee some shade :) (we're pasty northerners)

Happy to hear about the bathrooms and refillable mugs - we may not get the mugs this year, but it's nice to know they'll be filled poolside. :)

Every trip I say I'm gonna try the stand by seating at CG in the bar area but dd keeps me running lol. Maybe this time I'll make it!

I am taking my son in just over a week, just the two of us for a mommy-son trip... and his most wanted thing to do was the new Pixar play place! So I am thinking a standby bar seat at CG may be exactly what I do while he has his time there...

BLT bound! 12/8-14!! We had to book a Lake view studio since I totally forgot our 11 month window had opened for booking and I missed that all important "rope drop" to go online first thing in the am to make the reservation. I went online at 11am and only Lake View studios were available instead of the standard view. We actually REALLY love ground floor rooms but oh well.

What room did you book? There are so many,options between BLT and CR.

My last BLT was 1/17 but I can't wait to be back at CR this summer .

Every trip I say I'm gonna try the stand by seating at CG in the bar area but dd keeps me running lol. Maybe this time I'll make it!

We have a lake view one bedroom at BLT! We have never stayed here before, so we are super excited!

We have a lake view one bedroom at BLT! We have never stayed here before, so we are super excited!
Oh fyi:

The even # rooms are the outside of the C and higher #'s ending 34,36,42 face towards CR and lagoon. The lower even #'s 4,10,12 have a MK and fireworks view.

The odd # inside all face Bay lake and the pool. I have had all three options and each are great!

Wow you are getting close! Have a great trip!

If anybody is going in the next few weeks and are in the garden view rooms, can you report back on the coffee maker situation please? I am curious if we can do coffee in the room or if we should get it on the way out at CC. TIA!

Oh fyi:

The even # rooms are the outside of the C and higher #'s ending 34,36,42 face towards CR and lagoon. The lower even #'s 4,10,12 have a MK and fireworks view.

The odd # inside all face Bay lake and the pool. I have had all three options and each are great!

Wow you are getting close! Have a great trip!

Yes, I researched that, and since I rented points, I had the owner to put in my request. It's been a few months, and I can't remember what I told her to do. lol I'm sure it will all be great! Thanks so much!

I pretty much love everything about CR. I always price CR when I am planning a trip.
Lol, I didn't "price" anything upcoming...
Just contacted my TA and said 50/50 CR and AK 4 and 4. I don't WANT to know how much money I would save by staying somewhere else.
Omygoodness, I sound awful!
I don't mean I'm an entitled brat, I just WANT so bad to stay there again, I just bit the bullet!

Last edited:
If anybody is going in the next few weeks and are in the garden view rooms, can you report back on the coffee maker situation please? I am curious if we can do coffee in the room or if we should get it on the way out at CC. TIA!
It’s a Keurig.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter