Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

Well you could just keep everyone off the balcony and respect his fear of heights. Another option is to request a lower floor, the tower rooms start of floor(s): 5-6 depending on the view booked. Is that a compromise that would work?

Dave

That would be the plan but I don't want him to have to worry about it the whole trip. I have thought about maybe switching to the garden wing and requesting a patio - we currently have a theme park view which DH wants.. but maybe he would be happier not having to worry about the balcony issue. Anyone else with height fears here who has dealt with something like this?

That would be the plan but I don't want him to have to worry about it the whole trip. I have thought about maybe switching to the garden wing and requesting a patio - we currently have a theme park view which DH wants.. but maybe he would be happier not having to worry about the balcony issue. Anyone else with height fears here who has dealt with something like this?

That has literally never happened at a Disney resort (an accidental fall from a balcony). The railings at CR are super high. No one will accidentally "fall off." There are upper locks on the insides of the doors too so kids can't open them.

That has literally never happened at a Disney resort (an accidental fall from a balcony). The railings at CR are super high. No one will accidentally "fall off." There are upper locks on the insides of the doors too so kids can't open them.
I agree with this. I have a fear of falling at deep heights myself but never felt that when I was on the balcony or scared the kids would fall. The railings are tall and secure. I also had the TPV room as well so we were pretty high. Maybe I was too transfixed on the beautiful view to be worried about the height :scratchin

Question...We are staying in a one bedroom at BLT. Which is more comfortable for an average size adult....the sofa bed or the chair that makes a bed?

Question...We are staying in a one bedroom at BLT. Which is more comfortable for an average size adult....the sofa bed or the chair that makes a bed?
None of the convertibles are as comfortable as the real bed, but my son slept on the twin sleeper chair and his friend slept on the queen sleeper sofa. He is tall and lean, his friend a bit shorter and heavier. They were both in their last year of college when they stayed with us. Kids can survive the convertibles better than older adults.

I shared the sofa bed a few times over the years. It is hard but comfortable. (dd and I slept well)

Biggest issue is lack of a comforter. I always ask a maid in the hall or call for a few extra blankets. Us northerners like to be bundled when we sleep. I have asked for 3 without any problems. ( one for all 3 beds in the room)

For those who got upgrades, did you originally put in a room request or did it just magically happen when you got there? We have a reservation for a garden view room, and I'm wondering if we should put in a room request or lay low and see if we get an upgrade. Either way, we'll be happy.

We had no kind of room request when we were upgraded from the garden wing to the Tower.

3 days to go! Can't believe we booked this trip way back in December and now it's just a few days away. We have our FPs booked and our Club Level FPs booked, shows booked, and I cancelled ADRs, rearranged things numerous times, booked a pool Cabana for our last full day, lol. We're (me mostly) very excited :) Can't wait to be at the CR.

Wow found this way back on page 7:eek:

@WDWKOOK add us logorail 7/5-8 CR TPV atrium club. Me dd23 and ds will be 21 and can finally try a beverage in the lounge :drinking1

Knowing him he will still prefer the nesquick;)

Anybody know what kind of sparkling is in the lounge these days? Dd wants that and her castle view:cloud9:

Short trip report/opinions. We stayed CR Club Level May 1-6. Booked the extra FP option. Arrived at CR on Tuesday 5/1 at 8:45 or so (plane was late taking off) so went directly to lounge for drinks and watched fireworks on CL balcony.What a wonderful way to arrive! Went to room and quickly unpacked our carry-ons, hit the Wave bar for more drinks and went to the dock to relax and wait for EWP (we love it). Back in room by 11:00 and our checked luggage was delivered.

Wednesday 5/2: CL Breakfast for husband, I was afraid to eat prior to FOP so abstained, lol. AK emh, took Uber, rode Dinosaur (no pic, still hoping they find it) then husband rode EE. Had a 9:15 CLFP for FOP. I wasn't sure I'd like it and kept my eyes closed for some of it but what I saw...loved! Then we got a pretzel and alcohol at Pongu Pongu (I had the Rum Blossom...could do without the balls but it was yummy). Then we did our 10:15 CLFP for NRJ. Meh. Boring. Left AK and Ubered to Geyser Point for lunch. Enjoyed it. Took boat back to CR and relaxed at "quiet" pool with beer for hubby from CL and drinks for me at Sand Bar.

We had apps at CL (full meal for us, delicious pork, soup, mac/cheese, etc.). Headed to MK for FPs for BTMRR, HM, and POTC which was closed so we did JC on the anytime FP. Then 7DMT for last CLFP. We rode UTS in between. Got funnel cake and went to HEA viewing area. Us two and five other people, lol. Some tried to get into the viewing area and were denied after a kerfluffle. First time for us seeing HEA and it was great. Especially in the private viewing area. Then rode rides during EMH.

Thursday 5/3: GG breakfast at 8:30 so Ubered to Epcot and had breakfast at 8:00 finished by 9:00 and ubered to HS. 9:00 FP for RNRC (for husband, I'm a big baby) and FEA sing a long for me. TOT FP for husband. ST FP for husband. Left HS for CR (ubered) and pool time by Noon. Had lunch and drinks at the Sand Bar/CL and ubered to Epcot at 3:00. CLFP at 3-4 for Soarin' (still miss the original);CLFP for TT at 4:00 and CLFP for FEA at 5:00. Done with rides at 5:20 and enjoyed POE/showplace and left side of WS (Mexico, China, Germany*, Italy, America, Japan and back to Germany for Illuminations CL viewing - us and two other people. Awesome! Not the show, one and done for us -we did it many years ago too, meh) but the Viewing area was wonderful and the only way I'd watch - same with HEA.

We walked to Boardwalk (never been) to get an uber and spent about an hour there really enjoying it (and Boardwalk Joe's). Big surprise of our trip.

Friday 5/4: CL Breakfast, EMH MK and rode 7DMT, PP, Space,BTMRR, FP 7DMT again, FP WTP, UTS, FP space, shopped and and back to CR. Lunch and drinks at pool.Then Epcot again, ubered to BW and did Right side of WS starting with America and backtracked to Germany, then Japan, Morocco, France, UK, Canada, back to UK and spent about an hour in RnC (canceled our ADR but fortunately got a table in the pub) and POE/showplace? again. Walked to BW during Illuminations, Boardwalk Joe's, enjoyed the boardwalk again then ubered to CR. Got desserts at CL and watched fireworks from our balcony (room 4841) then to the Wave and dock. We love the Flower and Garden Festival. Food kiosks, drinks, etc.

Saturday 5/5. Unintentionally slept in as we wanted to hit AK for 7:00 emh. Got to AK at 9:30 for our 9:00 CLFP for FOP. Kept my eyes open the entire time! Loved it!Not sick at all (took Bonine each time). Had another drink at Pongu? , shopped, and took the bus (haha) back to CR. Skipped our CLFP for NRJ because neither of us liked it at all the first time. Husband said "it's just like IASW only with a more annoying song." I agree. It's a one and done for us but glad we rode it once.

Got to CR by 11:00 or so. We rented a Cabana at the Bullseye pool the week prior. Got about an hour and a half in when the rainstorm started, lol. Spent the next few hours there in the on and off rain (but had lunch and many drinks and tons of fun, and did laundry). Left at about 5:00 and did CL apps (steak, mac and cheese, etc.). Went to MK about 7:15. Had FP for PPF at 7:00-8:00, CLFP for 7DMT at 8:00-9:00,skipped the CL HEA, FP HM, and FP Space. Did all of those and got pics at the Lantern thing, rode POTC, IASW (because it was pouring rain, lol, and appreciated we weren't on NRJ). Had a blast.

Sunday 5/6 Slept through our BTMMR FP but got to MK after an awfully long ride on the monorail (never again,lol), took the train (loved it) to FL for our 7DMT FP in the rain, lol. Skipped our FP for PPF and headed back to CR for our late check out and Wave lunch.

Third time at the CR and second time CL and it's awesome. We had a memorable vacation. Can't wait to go back. Don't know when that will be. I hope Disney keeps the CL FP program. Went twice when our kids were young and stayed offsite and had a blast then two years ago the six of us stayed onsite CL at the CR. Don't think we'd ever stay off site again, just love the perks. And now, if we go again, club level. Looking towards a family trip, 2019 or 2020 for 10 of us.

I can't properly describe it. We had so much fun and did everything we wanted to do and more.

Short trip report/opinions. We stayed CR Club Level May 1-6. Booked the extra FP option. Arrived at CR on Tuesday 5/1 at 8:45 or so (plane was late taking off) so went directly to lounge for drinks and watched fireworks on CL balcony.What a wonderful way to arrive! Went to room and quickly unpacked our carry-ons, hit the Wave bar for more drinks and went to the dock to relax and wait for EWP (we love it). Back in room by 11:00 and our checked luggage was delivered.

Wednesday 5/2: CL Breakfast for husband, I was afraid to eat prior to FOP so abstained, lol. AK emh, took Uber, rode Dinosaur (no pic, still hoping they find it) then husband rode EE. Had a 9:15 CLFP for FOP. I wasn't sure I'd like it and kept my eyes closed for some of it but what I saw...loved! Then we got a pretzel and alcohol at Pongu Pongu (I had the Rum Blossom...could do without the balls but it was yummy). Then we did our 10:15 CLFP for NRJ. Meh. Boring. Left AK and Ubered to Geyser Point for lunch. Enjoyed it. Took boat back to CR and relaxed at "quiet" pool with beer for hubby from CL and drinks for me at Sand Bar.

We had apps at CL (full meal for us, delicious pork, soup, mac/cheese, etc.). Headed to MK for FPs for BTMRR, HM, and POTC which was closed so we did JC on the anytime FP. Then 7DMT for last CLFP. We rode UTS in between. Got funnel cake and went to HEA viewing area. Us two and five other people, lol. Some tried to get into the viewing area and were denied after a kerfluffle. First time for us seeing HEA and it was great. Especially in the private viewing area. Then rode rides during EMH.

Thursday 5/3: GG breakfast at 8:30 so Ubered to Epcot and had breakfast at 8:00 finished by 9:00 and ubered to HS. 9:00 FP for RNRC (for husband, I'm a big baby) and FEA sing a long for me. TOT FP for husband. ST FP for husband. Left HS for CR (ubered) and pool time by Noon. Had lunch and drinks at the Sand Bar/CL and ubered to Epcot at 3:00. CLFP at 3-4 for Soarin' (still miss the original);CLFP for TT at 4:00 and CLFP for FEA at 5:00. Done with rides at 5:20 and enjoyed POE/showplace and left side of WS (Mexico, China, Germany*, Italy, America, Japan and back to Germany for Illuminations CL viewing - us and two other people. Awesome! Not the show, one and done for us -we did it many years ago too, meh) but the Viewing area was wonderful and the only way I'd watch - same with HEA.

We walked to Boardwalk (never been) to get an uber and spent about an hour there really enjoying it (and Boardwalk Joe's). Big surprise of our trip.

Friday 5/4: CL Breakfast, EMH MK and rode 7DMT, PP, Space,BTMRR, FP 7DMT again, FP WTP, UTS, FP space, shopped and and back to CR. Lunch and drinks at pool.Then Epcot again, ubered to BW and did Right side of WS starting with America and backtracked to Germany, then Japan, Morocco, France, UK, Canada, back to UK and spent about an hour in RnC (canceled our ADR but fortunately got a table in the pub) and POE/showplace? again. Walked to BW during Illuminations, Boardwalk Joe's, enjoyed the boardwalk again then ubered to CR. Got desserts at CL and watched fireworks from our balcony (room 4841) then to the Wave and dock. We love the Flower and Garden Festival. Food kiosks, drinks, etc.

Saturday 5/5. Unintentionally slept in as we wanted to hit AK for 7:00 emh. Got to AK at 9:30 for our 9:00 CLFP for FOP. Kept my eyes open the entire time! Loved it!Not sick at all (took Bonine each time). Had another drink at Pongu? , shopped, and took the bus (haha) back to CR. Skipped our CLFP for NRJ because neither of us liked it at all the first time. Husband said "it's just like IASW only with a more annoying song." I agree. It's a one and done for us but glad we rode it once.

Got to CR by 11:00 or so. We rented a Cabana at the Bullseye pool the week prior. Got about an hour and a half in when the rainstorm started, lol. Spent the next few hours there in the on and off rain (but had lunch and many drinks and tons of fun, and did laundry). Left at about 5:00 and did CL apps (steak, mac and cheese, etc.). Went to MK about 7:15. Had FP for PPF at 7:00-8:00, CLFP for 7DMT at 8:00-9:00,skipped the CL HEA, FP HM, and FP Space. Did all of those and got pics at the Lantern thing, rode POTC, IASW (because it was pouring rain, lol, and appreciated we weren't on NRJ). Had a blast.

Sunday 5/6 Slept through our BTMMR FP but got to MK after an awfully long ride on the monorail (never again,lol), took the train (loved it) to FL for our 7DMT FP in the rain, lol. Skipped our FP for PPF and headed back to CR for our late check out and Wave lunch.

Third time at the CR and second time CL and it's awesome. We had a memorable vacation. Can't wait to go back. Don't know when that will be. I hope Disney keeps the CL FP program. Went twice when our kids were young and stayed offsite and had a blast then two years ago the six of us stayed onsite CL at the CR. Don't think we'd ever stay off site again, just love the perks. And now, if we go again, club level. Looking towards a family trip, 2019 or 2020 for 10 of us.

I can't properly describe it. We had so much fun and did everything we wanted to do and more.
I didn't do the xtra FP's . It is great for people who want lots of rides but we go so often I only like to book FP's for in between appetizers and desserts then we have more time for resort/pool/exploring.

I am a "can't do teacups" person yet FOP doesn't bother me at all. It's even smoother/better than soarin for me.

We love cl too. Did you notice if they still had sparkling wine/champagne?

You really packed a lot in those few days! Wow. It's neat to see how people DO Disney! There is so many ways to have a great time!

Got funnel cake and went to HEA viewing area. Us two and five other people, lol. Some tried to get into the viewing area and were denied after a kerfluffle. First time for us seeing HEA and it was great. Especially in the private viewing area. Then rode rides during EMH.

Out of curiosity, where is the viewing area located in Magic Kingdom?

To my understanding (which I think is right, although not 100% sure), the HEA viewing as part of the paid CL trial program is around the yellow circle below:

View attachment 321870

Ok thanks that makes sense, I was wondering if they'd have them in the Plaza garden as well but I could see that getting pretty full combining the dessert party crowd with the CL crowd.

To my understanding (which I think is right, although not 100% sure), the HEA viewing as part of the paid CL trial program is around the yellow circle below:

Wow, I didn't read anything about the CL viewing area for HEA. How does it work and how long is the trial?

Edited: I just read about it and that it is part of the 3 additional FP program. It also said that you had to make a reservation for the viewing - is that true?

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!