Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

We are staying in a lake view studio this February, other than high floor what area is good to request on TP? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.

Have Garden View room for upcoming stay. Anyone know if there are rooms that face the water with a view of Electric Water Pageant? Also, where can I view fireworks from the resort without having a dinner reservation? We're ok with just standing on a balcony or at a window somewhere random.

My daughter and I watched from the bridge that connects BLT and the Contemporary. Wasn’t perfect but more than sufficed for us on a day the kids got too tired to see them at the park.

My friend is graciously bringing me on a trip in March & I just found out we are staying in a theme park view room at the Contemporary! I am so excited- I've never stayed in a theme park view room and it's gonna be SO MAGICAL!! Am I right to be this excited, for those of you who have done it?

Yes, you should be excited. One my favorite room types in all of WDW. Have fun!

2.JPG

My friend is graciously bringing me on a trip in March & I just found out we are staying in a theme park view room at the Contemporary! I am so excited- I've never stayed in a theme park view room and it's gonna be SO MAGICAL!! Am I right to be this excited, for those of you who have done it?
Yes you are right to be excited! We have done bay lake view but last year did theme park view and it was awesome! We watched the fireworks from the balcony a few nights and it was better than you can imagine. No crowds, no lines to leave and a nice adult beverage :)

IMG_1251.JPG

Last edited:

I have booked a 2 bedroom villa at BLT through Disney (cash booking). The description on the website says that it has a 1 King Bed and 2 Queen Beds and 1 Queen-Size Sleeper Sofa and 1 Twin-Size Sleeper Chair. This would describe a dedicated 2 bedroom. I emailed guest services to confirm this (we would much prefer a dedicated vs a lock-off), and they told me that room requests were not guaranteed. I explained the situation again (that their website says 2 queens and 1 sleeper sofa, not 1 queen and 2 sleeper sofas) and that dedicated vs lock-off is not an option when booking cash. Again they told me that room requests are not guaranteed. I'm quite frustrated as I can't tell if they don't understand the question or if they are telling me that I could get a lock off. Does anybody have any experience with this?

I have booked a 2 bedroom villa at BLT through Disney (cash booking). The description on the website says that it has a 1 King Bed and 2 Queen Beds and 1 Queen-Size Sleeper Sofa and 1 Twin-Size Sleeper Chair. This would describe a dedicated 2 bedroom. I emailed guest services to confirm this (we would much prefer a dedicated vs a lock-off), and they told me that room requests were not guaranteed. I explained the situation again (that their website says 2 queens and 1 sleeper sofa, not 1 queen and 2 sleeper sofas) and that dedicated vs lock-off is not an option when booking cash. Again they told me that room requests are not guaranteed. I'm quite frustrated as I can't tell if they don't understand the question or if they are telling me that I could get a lock off. Does anybody have any experience with this?

If the room description you booked only said that bed configuration (1 king, 2 queens), then that is what you are getting. I wouldn't worry about it! :)

I have seen "1 King 2 Queens OR 1 King, 1 Queen, one pullout" at other DVCs (not BLT). When it says that, you don't know what you are getting and they can't guarantee either layout.

Last edited:

My daughter and I watched from the bridge that connects BLT and the Contemporary. Wasn’t perfect but more than sufficed for us on a day the kids got too tired to see them at the park.
Thanks! We arrive MCO at 6pm. Hoping to get there in time to watch from resort before hunting down dinner.

We have a one bedroom lake view villa at BLT in June. The only room requests online are ground floor, lower floor, higher floor, near elevator. What should I request? Thank you!

We have a one bedroom lake view villa at BLT in June. The only room requests online are ground floor, lower floor, higher floor, near elevator. What should I request? Thank you!

We always call in our request to a CM since online is somewhat limited in what you can pick. Do you want a true lake view or do you want to try for a lake view with partial MK view for fireworks? We like lake view with a partial MK view for the fireworks so we request north tower, even number, high floor and have been lucky to get our request. If you want a straight lake view you might want to request high floor , odd number which should give you an inner villa lake view.

We always call in our request to a CM since online is somewhat limited in what you can pick. Do you want a true lake view or do you want to try for a lake view with partial MK view for fireworks? We like lake view with a partial MK view for the fireworks so we request north tower, even number, high floor and have been lucky to get our request. If you want a straight lake view you might want to request high floor , odd number which should give you an inner villa lake view.
I think TeacherDL rented points. So she/he cannot call Member Services to make a request. The owner of the points would need to do that. If all you have is what is online, go for higher floor.

I think TeacherDL rented points. So she/he cannot call Member Services to make a request. The owner of the points would need to do that. If all you have is what is online, go for higher floor.

True for anyone who rents points and IF they do not know the owner.

For those on the thread who may be renting points.... if you have rented from the owner, you can request the owner call member services with a more detailed request. CM’s will tell you with any request whether paying cash or an owner, it is only a request and not a guarantee.

Agreed. We did the same thing last time. Or Top Of The World in the outdoor section. Better than looking at the parking lot all day just to see 15 minutes of fireworks at night. Not worth it to us.

Hello friends! I'm very excited to be returning to BLT next month! I can't find any information on Minnie Vans from BLT specifically. Can we walk to the Contemporary or are we not entitled to Minnie Van service?

Hello friends! I'm very excited to be returning to BLT next month! I can't find any information on Minnie Vans from BLT specifically. Can we walk to the Contemporary or are we not entitled to Minnie Van service?
Last I heard the DVC resorts would be rolled out by summer 2018. I think the only DVC resort that gets service right now is OKW.

We are getting very excited. We will be checking in to the CR in 10 days for a short 4 night stay. Hoping our kids have a very memorable first Disney experience! If anybody needs updated pics of anything, please let me know.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter