Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

dis res.PNG

This is from MDE for a reservation that I have at The Contemporary, in the tower, facing the lake. If your reservation says Disney's Contemporary Resort - you are in the hotel. If it says Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort - you are in the timeshare place.

View attachment 281174

This is from MDE for a reservation that I have at The Contemporary, in the tower, facing the lake. If your reservation says Disney's Contemporary Resort - you are in the hotel. If it says Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort - you are in the timeshare place.

Oh my gosh, thank you so much, that is exactly what my reservation looks like! Looks like I'm in the main tower, facing the lake. That's exactly what I was hoping for. Thank you so much for your help. I'm even more excited now!

Oh my gosh, thank you so much, that is exactly what my reservation looks like! Looks like I'm in the main tower, facing the lake. That's exactly what I was hoping for. Thank you so much for your help. I'm even more excited now!

FWIW, in my humble opinion, a Bay Lake view is the best view of all! I’d actually rather book this side than the Theme Park View side. Have fun!

8.JPG

FWIW, in my humble opinion, a Bay Lake view is the best view of all! I’d actually rather book this side than the Theme Park View side. Have fun!

View attachment 281185

I always enjoy your pics, and this is a view we almost and one I would've been quite happy with -- but I admit there's just something about falling asleep and waking up and looking out at the castle that gets me everytime.

I always enjoy your pics, and this is a view we almost and one I would've been quite happy with -- but I admit there's just something about falling asleep and waking up and looking out at the castle that gets me everytime.

Fortunately Disney has something for everyone. I love the idea of seeing fireworks from our balcony with the music from our TV

Funny enough, my own booking habits contradict what I said above. Of my four CR stays, three have been TPV, only one Bay Lake. :upsidedow:upsidedow:upsidedow

My head always says one thing but then end up booking another!

Was looking for a garden wing room but no availability - was hoping to change my reservation from AOA.
Stayed twice at Contemporary and loved it. AOA theming will be great for the kids but was hoping to me close to Magic Kingdom!

Funny enough, my own booking habits contradict what I said above. Of my four CR stays, three have been TPV, only one Bay Lake. :upsidedow:upsidedow:upsidedow

My head always says one thing but then end up booking another!

That sounds familiar / lol. We went from BWi Standard to BWI club to CR standard club to CR tpv club. Why can’t we just get it right from the beginning lol

What is the earliest anyone has seen Christmas decorations go up at the Contemporary?

Last year we went Thanksgiving weekend and the only Xmas decorations was the smell and selling of gingerbread cookies on the 4th floor behind the elevators and minor Frozen decorations. Was rather disappointed brcause at GF they almost had the Gingerbread house complete

Last year we went Thanksgiving weekend and the only Xmas decorations was the smell and selling of gingerbread cookies on the 4th floor behind the elevators and minor Frozen decorations. Was rather disappointed brcause at GF they almost had the Gingerbread house complete
That’s about all CR does. Plus the big tree out front.

I agree about the Frozen stuff being lame. They used to have a big chocolate display in the lobby. Then they put the coffee shop there. One year it was Pinocchio. I will dig around and see it I can find a pic of it.

I am on my way home after a nice 5 night stay at BLT. It was awesome. I really enjoyed it. It is on my short list of places to consider for next December.

It also has me thinking of doing DVC. Have to research though.

Everyone was so nice and helpful.

Returned home yesterday.

Brief summary.

Arrived last Sunday at Orlando airport and when we approached the line for the Magical Express it was very long, but made it thru checkin in about 10 min.
5 min. wait till we boarded the bus, and off we went.

We did on line check in and as we were approaching the resort our phone texts told us our room was ready

We walked in the lobby and took the elevator to the 6th. floor and were in room 4205.
Neat how the first two numbers add up to your floor.
Opened the door loved the room. Yup the bathroom sinks are goofy.

Dropped off our bags and grabbed our coats (47 degrees and windy) off to Animal Kingdom.
Went to bus transportation and as we walked up Animal kingdom bus was there, got right on.
With construction on the roads took us 35 min to get to the Kingdom.

Got a quick lunch, rode Dinosaur, 5 min wait.
Walked the tour with all the birds from bats on to other birds I cannot remember

Our fast pass was for 4:30 for Flight of Passage
We walked over at 4:15 and I was eager to try out the test banshi (sp) since I recently lost 30 pounds to make sure I fit in.
Nervously I approached sat down and the bar went all the way to the closest lock in position and the attendant goes your ok, your little......MADE MY DAY

So now we waited in line about 25 min, yup the fast pass line, when the standby line said 210 min

All I can say is IT IS SO WORTH THE WAIT.
AWESOME
AWESOME
AWESOME

Then we went to Rain forest for dinner and we had reservations and waited about 20 min.

At dinner we do not do desserts and they eagerly substituted our dessert for a Ceasar salad.
We had steaks beans and potatoes and was too much food we could not finish

As we waddled back to the bus we waited 25 min for a bus to Contemporay.

Monday we went to Hollywood studios and did Aerosmith, a couple shows, walked on star wars ride both times, and saw two different versions of the simulator.
Ate at Prime time, chicken was good, But the waiter Ryan when asked about substituting the dessert for a salad, said Disney does not do that. We asked if he could ask his manager and he said ok. Well he did not walk away far enough or give it enough time, because we could see his reflection against a wall just killing time and then he came back and said sorry. Bad cast member.

Then we went to Magic Kingdom, it was not a Halloween ticket night and walked on Mine ride and waited for Thunder mountain and space mountain.

Tuesday it warmed up it was our pool day and Halloween nights. Ate at Tonys They substituted salad for dessert.
Yup it was great.

Wednesday was EPCOT
Test Trak, Soarin, and walked the countries did THE Land and underwater fake ride, cannot remember think it was memo

Took Monorail back to Polynesean and ate at Ohanna, loved it.

Thursday was Magic Kingdom, and had a great day, and ate at Whispering Canyon at Wilderness lodge, took the Boat over and no we did not ask for ketchup and yes they substituted salad for desert

Friday was awesome.
Did the KEYS TO THE KINGDOM tour.
OMG
OMG
OMG
Was unbelievable.
Our guide KELVIN, was awesome,
I learned so much and he made the experience awesome!!!!
I thought I knew everything about Disney Magic Kingdom, but boy was I wrong.
The behind the scene tour from floats to Jungle cruise and Haunted Mansion, boy many kept secrets the visitor does not realize.
Then going down into the underground tunnels and passage ways of Magic Kingdom, it is its own city.
There was so much more to Magic kingdom I never realized.

We ate at Chrystal Palace, and love that place!!!!!

That evening the park seemed to empty out after fireworks, we walked on and of and on and off 4 times on Thunder mountain.

To sum up

We usually stay at Grand Floridian ( last 5 years) but this year wanted something different.

The Contemporary offered.
Must have been a couple cancellations, no one in rooms around us.
Friendlier employees
Easy access to all indoor locations
Two clean pools, two Jacuzzis
Abundant room soaps, shampoos, towels,

did not like
goofy sinks
And
When we checked out a cockroach was outside the door of 4206 (eweeeeeeeeeee)

Grand Floridian
Offered twice a day made service.
Nice pools, and jacuzzi
Some of workers were to busy to help with simple questions.
Room never got turned over to 3-4 in afternoon, and then evening maid service was at 6????
Had to go building to building if you were not in main building and when it rained you got wet.

So next year where to stay?

Of course the Contemporary, those workers are awesome and love the resort.
(minus the cockroach)

Have a great day, we had a great vacation!!!!!!

Sue

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!