Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

I've completed the conversion of all of my Photobucket photos on the first page to "Disboard photos." This was a tedious task, but now none of those photos will "disappear," and I won't have to pay a yearly fee any longer:thumbsup2. I also updated photos and information in all 18 posts, especially in the Club Level and Room chapters. I will get to adding names/dates to the Log-o-Rail tomorrow:)

Thank you to all who answer questions and post photos and trip reports!

Thank you again @WDWKOOK. All those pics have been timely since I'll be there in a few weeks, getting me all fired up! 8/31-9/4, Atrium Club. Would you mind adding me to the Log-o-Rail? Let me know if you need any pics, happy to grab anything you need. :-)

Thank you again @WDWKOOK. All those pics have been timely since I'll be there in a few weeks, getting me all fired up! 8/31-9/4, Atrium Club. Would you mind adding me to the Log-o-Rail? Let me know if you need any pics, happy to grab anything you need. :-)

Looks like the "Not Sure Yet" in your signature has changed to CR! I'll get everyone logged tomorrow. Thank you for the use of some of your photos both here and in the WL CL chapter, and thank you for your kind offer!

@WDWKOOK might as well as throw me into the list!

It's a group rate surprise! 1/2/18 - 1/8/18

I tossed you in the mix, @FelisLachesis!

We'll be staying at the Contemporary for my first visit in a Theme Park View room :love: I cannot wait. We will be there 9/28-10/05

Congratulations, @ctipp79! I'll add your dates.

Can't wait for our first stay for MNSSHP!! GVR October 20-23!!!

I'll log your dates, @got15 :)

Thank you so much for providing such a plethora of information!! We will be celebrating our littlest sons 11th birthday 09/23/18 - 09/29 at BLT TPV... I'm beside myself with excitement!

You're welcome, @Loraleelovesdisney and I'll add your dates to the Log-o-Rail:)

Had to change around my dates - Contemporary Tower, Magic Kingdom view, October 22 - October 26 & Pop Century, October 26 - 28. Please change my info on the Log-O-Rail.

Thanks!

No problem, will do @crazy4wdw.

Hey guys. We'll be staying in a 1-bedroom at BLT October 11-22. This is our first time in a 1-bedroom as last year we were in a studio.

Quick question. I looked on the first post but didn't see it updated. How does the new setup for security work for Magic Kingdom? Thanks!!

Congratulations on booking, @MissMet, the one bedroom is fantastic!

We will be staying in a 2 bedroom villa June 2-9! So excited

WOOHOO! I'll log your dates, @nursemelis374 :)

2 quick questions (We'll be there tomorrow!!!!): Is there shower gel in the included toiletries, and I see wine when I look at post 4 on shopping, but is there beer available to purchase? Thank you!

My wife and I are spending this weekend at WDW with no children. We are booked at the CR tomorrow through Sunday. We are in the A frame theme park view. Is asking for the highest floor possible a reasonable request?

My wife and I are spending this weekend at WDW with no children. We are booked at the CR tomorrow through Sunday. We are in the A frame theme park view. Is asking for the highest floor possible a reasonable request?

Yes, that would be among the more common requests for many folks. Note, rooms are assigned around 5 days ahead of time, so your room is likely already assigned. Were you planning on asking at check-in?

I believe we requested it online a few weeks ago, but planned on mentioning it at check in as well.

I believe we requested it online a few weeks ago, but planned on mentioning it at check in as well.

Ahh, got it. If you don't like the room you're given, you can always ask to see if they have something higher up. Hope you have a great trip, we love CR and will be there in a few weeks as well! Have fun.

Guys I am sorry for so many questions but as I am nearing my 60 day mark I am in full-fledged planning mode.

Staying at BLT for the bulk of my stay in a TPV room. Do I need an odd or even room number to be able to see MK while in bed.

I am SO late to post. The Pas fam stayed at CR from 8/2-5th in a Garden Wing Hospitality Suite and OH MY MICKEY! This resort is my new MK favorite. I didn't love the décor before staying there, and I will be honest that I was quite nervous about the CL after amazing EPCOT CL stays recently. BUT the room was the best and I ended up loving the décor. We had Atrium CL access and the CMs there rocked!!! Our room was HUGE and fit all 7 of us, thank you @trishadono for your encouragement to keep the reservation!! The views from the room were of the parking lot but we never looked out anyway....the CL view though! WOW! Pictures cannot do it justice. Mousekeeping was fantastic, and the location at the end of the building ensured we were close to the pool and the tower. LOVE LOVE LOVE! I would not hesitate to stay there again and the food in the CL was perfect to keep a very picky Grumpy hubby happy. Also a huge shout out to @WDWKOOK miss you my friend!

Guys I am sorry for so many questions but as I am nearing my 60 day mark I am in full-fledged planning mode.

Staying at BLT for the bulk of my stay in a TPV room. Do I need an odd or even room number to be able to see MK while in bed.
In blt the theme park room is not the same as the CR . In CR the rooms alternate where the haeadboard is/ left or right wall.

.Are you studio, 1 or 2 Br in BLT? You may want to look at the dvc section or 1st page here on blt info. I can say with our 2 br villas the king bed and the 2 queens are on opposite walls so it is possible one would see castle from the bed.

Sorry can't help more but the views from there are amazing!

This may help from page 1.
https://www.disboards.com/threads/b...nks-last-update-of-post-1-10-21-2015.2257082/

I am SO late to post. The Pas fam stayed at CR from 8/2-5th in a Garden Wing Hospitality Suite and OH MY MICKEY! This resort is my new MK favorite. I didn't love the décor before staying there, and I will be honest that I was quite nervous about the CL after amazing EPCOT CL stays recently. BUT the room was the best and I ended up loving the décor. We had Atrium CL access and the CMs there rocked!!! Our room was HUGE and fit all 7 of us, thank you @trishadono for your encouragement to keep the reservation!! The views from the room were of the parking lot but we never looked out anyway....the CL view though! WOW! Pictures cannot do it justice. Mousekeeping was fantastic, and the location at the end of the building ensured we were close to the pool and the tower. LOVE LOVE LOVE! I would not hesitate to stay there again and the food in the CL was perfect to keep a very picky Grumpy hubby happy. Also a huge shout out to @WDWKOOK miss you my friend!
You are welcome!!!

I loved reliving our past stay through the eyes of the pas clan. Thanks for bringing me along with the pics you sent. :)

In blt the theme park room is not the same as the CR . In CR the rooms alternate where the haeadboard is/ left or right wall.

.Are you studio, 1 or 2 Br in BLT? You may want to look at the dvc section or 1st page here on blt info. I can say with our 2 br villas the king bed and the 2 queens are on opposite walls so it is possible one would see castle from the bed.

Sorry can't help more but the views from there are amazing!

This may help from page 1.
https://www.disboards.com/threads/b...nks-last-update-of-post-1-10-21-2015.2257082/

Thanks. I will take a look at the link. I am just trying to get everything together, so to speak. But thank you for answering.

:wave:
Your NEW FAVORITE?! Once you stay at CR, it's hard not to love it. You had the best of all (Disney) worlds with your sweet suite and CL access. Did you post any interior photos to the DIS? Happy planning of your next WDW adventure. Do you think you'll return soon?

Love the boardwalk view in there lol.

Nothing gets past you:)

I have a question about the bathroom in a BLT studio. Is it just a shower or a shower/tub combination? And if it is a shower/tub combination, is the tub tall? Like is it a big step up/down?
It's a standard tub/shower combo. I just googled blt studio bath and many pix popped up.

I see that a 2-Bedroom Villa- TPV is available in a package now for my dates in July 2018. I know that DVC gets the first choice when they release the villas. Since I only see one category available does that mean the other categories are sold out, or is Disney holding back for a later release date? What are the chances of availability with cancellations and are they common?

I see that a 2-Bedroom Villa- TPV is available in a package now for my dates in July 2018. I know that DVC gets the first choice when they release the villas. Since I only see one category available does that mean the other categories are sold out, or is Disney holding back for a later release date? What are the chances of availability with cancellations and are they common?
It is so random. Some times I don't see any availability then later some pop up then the next day even different. I have seen some limited availability with less than 3 months but to plan for that would not be practical .

However the earlier you try the better. If you know for sure your dates trying davids or somebody would probably be a good plan.

I love blt and try to get it for family trips. I usually book about 7 months prior and it is always hard finding a room that meets my dates and time needs. For example sometimes only a room shows if I input 5 or more days but I only can go for 4. That drives me nuts!

For each blt I literally checked every single day until I got what I wanted. Good luck!

What it probably means is that a member traded out their points for the Disney Collection. There is no holding back for a later release date, other than 60 days out when any remaining DVC member inventory is offered to Disney Reservation Center to sell. Member Services can also pull it back if a member wants to book it for points. But inventory that represents traded points can't be used again for points. Owners at BLT can book their stay 11 months out and all other DVC owners can book their stays at seven months out. Anything remaining 60 days out can be sold for non-member cash stays. TPV two bedroom is pretty points high for booking. Standard view usually books first.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter