Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

Had to change around my dates - Contemporary Tower, Magic Kingdom view, October 22 - October 26 & Pop Century, October 26 - 28. Please change my info on the Log-O-Rail.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Hey guys. We'll be staying in a 1-bedroom at BLT October 11-22. This is our first time in a 1-bedroom as last year we were in a studio.

Quick question. I looked on the first post but didn't see it updated. How does the new setup for security work for Magic Kingdom? Thanks!!

tell me about Garden Wing rooms with standard view. I booked a one night stay before my BLT stay and just want to know what to expect. How far away are you from food, the pool, monorail etc? I have only been in the Contemporary while on the monorail, so I have no idea about logistics of how far of a walk everything would be from my room.
Also, how many pools do the Contemporary and BLT have? I have already booked my cabana (spoiling myself for my birthday) and I think I remember it is at the bullseye pool..but how many more are there? I assume at least 2.

Hey guys. We'll be staying in a 1-bedroom at BLT October 11-22. This is our first time in a 1-bedroom as last year we were in a studio.

Quick question. I looked on the first post but didn't see it updated. How does the new setup for security work for Magic Kingdom? Thanks!!

If you're walking, there is a security station on the path to the MK. Since it's only for people walking from CR/BLT, it's great! Rarely crowded, super convenient.

For the monorail, you go through security before going up to the monorail platform.

Does that answer your question?

(The new MK security procedures are great BTW!)

If you're walking, there is a security station on the path to the MK. Since it's only for people walking from CR/BLT, it's great! Rarely crowded, super convenient.

For the monorail, you go through security before going up to the monorail platform.

Does that answer your question?

(The new MK security procedures are great BTW!)

Yes! Thank you. That sounds like a great improvement for sure!

Also, how many pools do the Contemporary and BLT have? I have already booked my cabana (spoiling myself for my birthday) and I think I remember it is at the bullseye pool..but how many more are there? I assume at least 2.

For the CR pools, there are (I think) four cabanas, two at the main/feature pool and two at the bullseye pool... I circled them in the pic below. There might also be two in the other two corners of the bullseye pool but I'm not sure (just can't quite remember). I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

Also FWIW, I am pretty sure you book these by location. I just made a reservation for an upcoming stay and the CM asked which pool I wanted.

@Regan117 knows the CR cabana situation better than me and can help if I've botched any of this info.

Have fun!

Pool Cabanas.JPG

I'm considering a first trip to CR. I've stayed at YC before, and I liked the ability to walk to Epcot and DHS. Looking at a map, it appears that the walk to MK from CR is in between the distance from YC-Epcot and YC-DHS. For those who have stayed at both CR and YC/BC/BW, how does the CR-MK walk compare? What about from the Garden Wing?

Just returned from Atrium Club Level stay. First time CL at CR but have done CL at Poly & AKL.
Enjoyed our stay very much. My first stay at CR,and loved it. Concierges were very cordial and receptive to needs. We had a mechanical problem with our personal vehicle and we had it repaired at the Disney Car Care Center. Very good service at reasonable price.
My only complaint is not really with CR but with the "occupation" of the lounge by unsupervised Pre/Teens. Even when parents were around, the parents were in one part and kids in the other.
When my kids were younger, we always sat and ate as a family. I guess I would like to see some more intervention by staff to keep the volume level and activity levels in check, or perhaps I'm just getting old..

tell me about Garden Wing rooms with standard view. I booked a one night stay before my BLT stay and just want to know what to expect. How far away are you from food, the pool, monorail etc? I have only been in the Contemporary while on the monorail, so I have no idea about logistics of how far of a walk everything would be from my room.

Garden Wing rooms are on the right side by the pool. They are set up exactly the same as Tower rooms.

Not a far walk at all.

Room should look like this more or less.

quBfREj.jpg

I'm considering a first trip to CR. I've stayed at YC before, and I liked the ability to walk to Epcot and DHS. Looking at a map, it appears that the walk to MK from CR is in between the distance from YC-Epcot and YC-DHS. For those who have stayed at both CR and YC/BC/BW, how does the CR-MK walk compare? What about from the Garden Wing?

I can't compare from personal experience, but I did pull up the transportation website http://www.ourlaughingplace.com/aspx/twiz.aspx , and according to it, the time for the different walks are:
Magic Kingdom to CR: 10 min
Epcot to YC: 6 min
Hollywood Studios to YC: 23 min

I can't compare from personal experience, but I did pull up the transportation website http://www.ourlaughingplace.com/aspx/twiz.aspx , and according to it, the time for the different walks are:
Magic Kingdom to CR: 10 min
Epcot to YC: 6 min
Hollywood Studios to YC: 23 min

Thanks. I had forgotten about that website. Those times are within the ballpark of my experience and eyeballing the distances on the map.

Please excuse the interruption to your thread!

I will be making many random photo posts today. I'm using a work around to be able to post more than ten images to each post in the first two pages of the thread by posting the excess first within the thread. I have to do this in order to discontinue the use of all my Photobucket images and convert them to "Disboard images." Thank you for your patience!

CRRoomLayout.jpg

IMG_2278.jpg

PIRATEANDPALS.jpg
IMG_2306.jpg

IMG_2307.jpg

IMG_2372.jpg

IMG_2303.jpg
IMG_2304.jpg

IMG_2305.jpg

IMG_2249.jpg

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter