Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

So, I fully intended to book WL last night, and somehow I ended up with CR Atrium CL...I'm not exactly sure how that happened? :confused3

Your posts about caring for ailing parents makes my heart ache for each of you...it's not an easy road. This January trip is a bit of a "Mulligan" Trip for me...our last family trip to WDW was last April. About a week before the trip, my dad had a fall (although he had an underlying infection which contributed to the fall). Things were touch and go, but he stabilized enough for me to go since I didn't really want to cancel on the kids (it had been 2 years since we had a family vacation), plus I'm fortunate that my siblings and I pull together well so I knew he was in good hands. Anyway, when I returned, he took a turn for the worse. I took care of him until he passed at the start of summer. We enjoyed our April trip, but it was a stressful time and I was definitely in a bit of a fog.

The funny thing is, the only "airplane', week-long vacation we ever took when I was a kid was WDW in 1977. We stayed at the Contemporary and my dad LOVED it! I have such vivid memories of that trip, so maybe it makes sense if we end up here for my birthday trip?

Of course, this morning there appears to be a lot more availability for some reason, so not sure if I should keep it or move to a less expensive option...I've never stayed CL at the Contemporary so just not sure, it would definitely be a big splurge...if anyone has any thoughts on the subject feel free to share...

@CogsworthTN, I hope you have a wonderful trip with your dad and family - AKL is so lovely and there is nothing like watching all of those animals from your balcony to relax and recharge! Sending healing thoughts...:hug:

Thanks for your thoughts and for sharing your sweet story. Life is so short indeed. I’m one that believes nothing happens by chance. Keep that contemporary trip booked. It is a great childhood memory for you and of your Dad. It will also allow you to pass on the memories and fun to your own children.

So, I fully intended to book WL last night, and somehow I ended up with CR Atrium CL...I'm not exactly sure how that happened? :confused3

Your posts about caring for ailing parents makes my heart ache for each of you...it's not an easy road. This January trip is a bit of a "Mulligan" Trip for me...our last family trip to WDW was last April. About a week before the trip, my dad had a fall (although he had an underlying infection which contributed to the fall). Things were touch and go, but he stabilized enough for me to go since I didn't really want to cancel on the kids (it had been 2 years since we had a family vacation), plus I'm fortunate that my siblings and I pull together well so I knew he was in good hands. Anyway, when I returned, he took a turn for the worse. I took care of him until he passed at the start of summer. We enjoyed our April trip, but it was a stressful time and I was definitely in a bit of a fog.

The funny thing is, the only "airplane', week-long vacation we ever took when I was a kid was WDW in 1977. We stayed at the Contemporary and my dad LOVED it! I have such vivid memories of that trip, so maybe it makes sense if we end up here for my birthday trip?

Of course, this morning there appears to be a lot more availability for some reason, so not sure if I should keep it or move to a less expensive option...I've never stayed CL at the Contemporary so just not sure, it would definitely be a big splurge...if anyone has any thoughts on the subject feel free to share...

@CogsworthTN, I hope you have a wonderful trip with your dad and family - AKL is so lovely and there is nothing like watching all of those animals from your balcony to relax and recharge! Sending healing thoughts...:hug:

We just stayed a week in CR Atrium Club and absolutely loved it! We haven't stayed CL at any other Disney resorts though so can't compare it to others. The convenience to MK just can't be beat. We had park hoppers and ended up going to MK 5/8 of our park days. It was also nice to have a relaxing place to view fireworks even though our room was a Bay Lake view. We watched the fireworks in person a couple times because HEA was new to us, but we were also able to watch 2-3 times from the club lounge. It was so great to get away from the crazy crowds and watch the show with desserts and champagne/wine in hand.

Sunrise from our room:
IMG_5831.JPG

Thanks for your thoughts and for sharing your sweet story. Life is so short indeed. I’m one that believes nothing happens by chance. Keep that contemporary trip booked. It is a great childhood memory for you and of your Dad. It will also allow you to pass on the memories and fun to your own children.

Thanks for your kind words - makes me a little teary but I think you're right on the mark - and that was a great trip!...like I said in a previous post, I have a long car ride tomorrow to get my husband on board with this plan!

We just stayed a week in CR Atrium Club and absolutely loved it! We haven't stayed CL at any other Disney resorts though so can't compare it to others. The convenience to MK just can't be beat. We had park hoppers and ended up going to MK 5/8 of our park days. It was also nice to have a relaxing place to view fireworks even though our room was a Bay Lake view. We watched the fireworks in person a couple times because HEA was new to us, but we were also able to watch 2-3 times from the club lounge. It was so great to get away from the crazy crowds and watch the show with desserts and champagne/wine in hand.

Sunrise from our room:
View attachment 365468

And I'm going to show him your picture before we go! That picture is absolutely stunning! I think the Bay Lake view is just gorgeous...I agree with @GADisneyDad14 that it's one of the best views in WDW. We will need to rearrange our plans a bit to make sure we get back in time one night for a lounge view of the HEA - champagne in hand! Sounds heavenly! I'll need to start saving up for park hoppers to maximize the MK proximity...thanks for sharing your experience!

Sunrise from our room:
View attachment 365468

Simply beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

Hi I have been reading some of this thread to learn more about the CL resorts. We have been to Disney many times and stayed at different ones. One of our favorites was AKL. We just loved everything about it. My DD especially felt comfortable there. We are heading to Orlando in late June staying off site for a week . We will do Discovery Cove and Sea World it is my DD's High School graduation gift. We also will be looking at places to move down next June.

I wanted to make it a little more special of a trip. I have been saving Disney reward points for a few years. I thought it would be a nice surprise to stay at AKL one night at the end of our trip. We will only be at the resort no parks. We also have been trying different CL at other locations and really enjoy it. I looked into AKL CL and it looks really nice. Today I booked AKL CL for one night :cool1:. She is going to be so surprised. I am excited for the Savannah View as I know she will be too. I am thankful for the CL reports and pics it helped me make my decision. I will be following along here to find any other helpful tips.:thumbsup2

I have to tell you, I DO have three toiletries bags! :goodvibes Stuffed with tiny bits of all my 'essentials".
I haven't really worked out a good solution with how to pack the liquids, some of that is technically make-up. And my liquids bag is a piece of crap. Seriously, it's held together with staples all around the edges, and it's only a couple of years old. :rolleyes2 I have a 15 yo free Estee Lauder gift bag that is great for TSA, but a bit too small.

If someone has a lead on a sturdy, nice looking TSA approved liquids bag, let me know!

I’m sorry, just seeing this now. Was a bit distracted yesterday.
So, definitely sounds like you need a new bag before your next trip! We drive, so I can’t help you with that, but I’m sure someone else might have a good suggestion! Maybe try to get one on the bigger side so you can stuff more into it!! Good luck!!

Sunrise from our room:
View attachment 365468

Beautiful view, thanks for sharing! Thanks also for your input on CR CL. We haven't stayed CR CL, but it's on my list to try :).

Hi I have been reading some of this thread to learn more about the CL resorts. We have been to Disney many times and stayed at different ones. One of our favorites was AKL. We just loved everything about it. My DD especially felt comfortable there. We are heading to Orlando in late June staying off site for a week . We will do Discovery Cove and Sea World it is my DD's High School graduation gift. We also will be looking at places to move down next June.

I wanted to make it a little more special of a trip. I have been saving Disney reward points for a few years. I thought it would be a nice surprise to stay at AKL one night at the end of our trip. We will only be at the resort no parks. We also have been trying different CL at other locations and really enjoy it. I looked into AKL CL and it looks really nice. Today I booked AKL CL for one night :cool1:. She is going to be so surprised. I am excited for the Savannah View as I know she will be too. I am thankful for the CL reports and pics it helped me make my decision. I will be following along here to find any other helpful tips.:thumbsup2

Sounds like a great trip! Congrats on booking AKL CL. Hope you have a great time :wizard:.

Kind of random, but how about a little Throwback Thursday. Feb 2014, our first Poly and first CL trip. Room 3510 if I’m not mistaken.

I have no issues with the Bungalows - change is inevitable - but the view was a bit different from the Hawaii longhouse back then. Plus the long-lost hammocks (why??) and abundant beach lounges (there are like 4 left now). A different time.
Image 2018-11-15_09-08-25-154.jpeg

Sunrise over the Seven Seas Lagoon was still breathtaking, even with the construction at the time.
Image 2018-11-15_09-07-48-981.jpeg

If only I had taken photos of the lounge offerings back then! Pretty sure it was a rotation of meatballs, sticky wings, and potstickers.

Amazing how things change over time.

Kind of random, but how about a little Throwback Thursday. Feb 2014, our first Poly and first CL trip. Room 3510 if I’m not mistaken.

I have no issues with the Bungalows - change is inevitable - but the view was a bit different from the Hawaii longhouse back then. Plus the long-lost hammocks (why??) and abundant beach lounges (there are like 4 left now). A different time.
View attachment 365506

Sunrise over the Seven Seas Lagoon was still breathtaking, even with the construction at the time.
View attachment 365505

If only I had taken photos of the lounge offerings back then! Pretty sure it was a rotation of meatballs, sticky wings, and potstickers.

Amazing how things change over time.

Beautiful

Thought I'd plug into this thread again as we just booked an impromptu trip next month, just DH and I, to see the Christmas decor. Just three nights, but the last of which I splurged for BWI CL. DH doesn't know it yet. We have a late flight 8:30pm, so I rationalized knowing we'll get a good 2 days worth out of the lounge. You know that Disney logic :rolleyes1 We really enjoyed our BW CL stay in May of this year, so happy to get back even if it's just for a couple of days!

Thought I'd plug into this thread again as we just booked an impromptu trip next month, just DH and I, to see the Christmas decor. Just three nights, but the last of which I splurged for BWI CL. DH doesn't know it yet. We have a late flight 8:30pm, so I rationalized knowing we'll get a good 2 days worth out of the lounge. You know that Disney logic :rolleyes1 We really enjoyed our BW CL stay in May of this year, so happy to get back even if it's just for a couple of days!
"Disney logic" is definitely going in my lexicon as a way to conveniently express the concept that paying just a little more to improve an already awesome & expensive item will actually make it a better deal.

Yep, that's my thinking behind CL, CLFP and HEA dessert party (so far). :lmao:Works every time!

What time can you check in and start using the lounge on arrival day? We will be checking in to BWI CL on a Sunday in February and would love to take advantage of the special breakfast offerings.

What time can you check in and start using the lounge on arrival day? We will be checking in to BWI CL on a Sunday in February and would love to take advantage of the special breakfast offerings.

As soon as you arrive. The computer system rolls over to the next day at like 6ish. Lounge opens for breakfast at 7am. You have access to all CL and resort amenities the full day of check-in and check-out. Check-in early and enjoy!

As soon as you arrive. The computer system rolls over to the next day at like 6ish. Lounge opens for breakfast at 7am. You have access to all CL and resort amenities the full day of check-in and check-out. Check-in early and enjoy!
Thank you. We will be at ASMo the night before so as long as we can check in that early we will go for breakfast.

Gotta love Disney logic/math! Have a great trip :goodvibes.

I forgot about Sundays at BW! I know I read about it on this thread at some point! We were only there for a couple days and didn't hit on a Sunday! I do seem to recall that they had nice little sandwiches at lunch too, but I could be mistaken...I posted above that I thought it was almost "half the price," but I looked again more closely and that's a regular garden view (no CL)...the BWI CL room is a little over $200/night less than the CR CL, so still does add up...again even more so since I'll end up with park hoppers and such!

Thanks for all of the details on the CR CL - good wine is an important detail! I agree it's tough to beat the location and the view (either side)! Plus the rooms are big and they all have day beds (I think?), which would make things easier with the kids...neither my husband nor my kids have stayed there either, which would be fun!

I have a 6 hour drive tomorrow to Lake Placid, NY, for a hockey tournament so I will have time to reflect on our choices! :-)
"Ice Face" Lake Placid skiing!
Spent a LOT of time up near there, through college, skiing and such. But, boy is it cold!
Have fun at the rink!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!