Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

At RPC, the lounge is of course always open, but again no snacks between service times. Not sure if they had coffee service available over night.
It's been a few years since we stayed at RPC, but when we did, coffee was not available over night. I am a crazy early morning person and enjoy coffee at 5 AM...I have yet to find any CL that offers it! Please let me know if I'm missing out, and I can get coffee that early in a CL somewhere! I don't love the in-room coffeemakers.

I’m getting so excited. Counting the days down. DH and myself are taking my Dad (aka Mr Fredrickson from Up) to Disney thanksgiving week. We fly out this coming Sunday. We will be experiencing a new club level this trip...animal kingdom lodge.

My Dad is so excited, but at the same time a little sad. We found out last week that he has prostate cancer. I’m so glad we booked this trip for him. Only Disney world can make you forget the troubles of the world and the stresses of life.

Here’s To making memories and enjoying the laughter and love of family. :flower:
I'm sending lots of prayers and pixie dust for
Mr Fredrickson!!!
As a long time (46 years) nurse, I can tell you there are wonderful treatments out there now! "Cancer" is such an ugly ugly word, but there is great recovery! Please know that I'll be saying a quick prayer every time I see
Mr Fredrickson for your dad's full recovery. You've added a lot to my trips over the years. Your funny and wise answers are so helpful.
NonnaT

I’m getting so excited. Counting the days down. DH and myself are taking my Dad (aka Mr Fredrickson from Up) to Disney thanksgiving week. We fly out this coming Sunday. We will be experiencing a new club level this trip...animal kingdom lodge.

My Dad is so excited, but at the same time a little sad. We found out last week that he has prostate cancer. I’m so glad we booked this trip for him. Only Disney world can make you forget the troubles of the world and the stresses of life.

Here’s To making memories and enjoying the laughter and love of family. :flower:

Hi there @CogsworthTN, your trip is close - how exciting. Plus AKL CL - :cloud9:

I’m sorry to hear about your dad, but it sounds like the trip may be timely. I’m in a similar situation with my father and we’ve really learned a lot about some of the very effective treatment options that are available. I wish you a happy trip, may good memories be created, and we’ll be sending thoughts/prayers your way.

Hello Everyone! I am in the process of booking my trip for October 2019 and my husband has suggested Club Level which I am certainly on board for! I have one question though I am hoping someone may assist with. Our first CL trip was in 2008 in the Sugar Loaf Building at the GF. One things we absolutely loved about the CL was that it was always available to grab drinks, or misc snacks. Being it was in the middle of the building, even during food changes there were always cold beverages and snacks on hand whether it was 1pm or 1am. Our next CL stay was at the Wilderness Lodge and while the offerings were fantastic, we were very disappointed to discover that they gate the lounge entrance immediately at the end of a scheduling. Not having access to drinks if we were not there at the exact time became a hassle, and there was not always a CM available to grab us something on request (which I hate doing). Are there any other lounges outside of Sugarloaf that stay available outside of scheduled food service times? We are looking at the Polynesian, but would like to have the option to stop in and grab a drink or a cookie at say 11am which is in between morning and afternoon service. I found our last trip we were always having terrible luck with the lounge being gated at WL. I would like to avoid that if at all possible. =) Thank you so much!

There aren’t any lounges that have snacks out at 1am. Some leave out fruits (wrapped apples, bananas) overnight. Most (if not all) of the open ones stock the fridge before they leave at 10pm and drinks are accessible overnight, but it might be picked over at some point in the evening.

Off the top of my head, the lounges that are always ‘open’ are below, but after 10pm closing it’s going to be pretty much packed up outside of whatever is left in the soda fridge.

GF RPC
GF SL
Poly
CR Atrium
CR Tower
AKL

The lounge and soda fridge part of YC is always open (they rope off the food area in between offerings and overnight, but the soda fridge is still accessible).

BWI totally closes, if I’m not mistaken.

BC, not sure about that one.

WL, I think the new lounge is less locked off than the old one was, but my experiance there is a bit dated to be reliable.

To use your 11am Poly drink / cookie example.... at 11am you’ll find the soda fridge available (and might event be stocked with beer by that point).... but no cookies out. CMs will be finishing breakfast service (10:30am) and setting up for snacks (12pm)... you can ask if they have any cookies (most will likely be helpful) but there won’t be any readily out in the open for you to grab yourself. The good thing about Poly CL is that the back kitchen area is pretty much “right there” and there are usually CMs always coming in/out with reasonable frequency.

I know that doesn’t totally answer your question, but hope it helps.

Last edited:

Excellent this is great to know! Perhaps we lucked out with snacks being left out at Sugarloaf, but then again it was 10 years ago. I'm more so interested in the fridge having drinks in between meal times, so I'm happy to hear that's available. Now to decide if I want to do RPC since Sugarloaf is already showing as unavailable for our October dates or stick with the Poly. I really do love the Grand.....*sigh* decisions :P

Excellent this is great to know! Perhaps we lucked out with snacks being left out at Sugarloaf, but then again it was 10 years ago. I'm more so interested in the fridge having drinks in between meal times, so I'm happy to hear that's available. Now to decide if I want to do RPC since Sugarloaf is already showing as unavailable for our October dates or stick with the Poly. I really do love the Grand.....*sigh* decisions :P

I hear you, it’s such a beautiful resort. We stayed there this past November and literally bought DVC there a couple weeks later. Can always book Poly and keep checking for GF! Good luck!

Hi there @CogsworthTN, your trip is close - how exciting. Plus AKL CL - :cloud9:

I’m sorry to hear about your dad, but it sounds like the trip may be timely. I’m in a similar situation with my father and we’ve really learned a lot about some of the very effective treatment options that are available. I wish you a happy trip, may good memories be created, and we’ll be sending thoughts/prayers your way.

Thank you for your kind words and prayers.

I'm sending lots of prayers and pixie dust for
Mr Fredrickson!!!
As a long time (46 years) nurse, I can tell you there are wonderful treatments out there now! "Cancer" is such an ugly ugly word, but there is great recovery! Please know that I'll be saying a quick prayer every time I see
Mr Fredrickson for your dad's full recovery. You've added a lot to my trips over the years. Your funny and wise answers are so helpful.
NonnaT
Thank you so much for your encouragement and prayers. :-)

I can't believe your trip is here already.....I remember when you booked it! It's hard to believe Thanksgiving is just over a week away :sad2:. You will make some great memories to cherish forever! Looking forward to hearing all about it when you return!

I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. Prayers for your dad and family :hug:.[/QUOTE]

Thank you so much. Have a blessed Thanksgiving.

Sending some positive thoughts your way. We are awaiting a diagnosis right now for my mother. It’s suspected that she has pancreatic cancer. It’s a difficult thing for sure. Your dad must be so happy he has this trip to look forward to. Absolutely agree Disney World has a “magical” way of making you forget the stresses of life.

Sending some positive thoughts your way. We are awaiting a diagnosis right now for my mother. It’s suspected that she has pancreatic cancer. It’s a difficult thing for sure. Your dad must be so happy he has this trip to look forward to. Absolutely agree Disney World has a “magical” way of making you forget the stresses of life.

Praying for you and your mom.

My heart and prayers are with you, your dad and your family. I hope you have an amazing trip.

We are booked main bldg Grand Floridian in 27 days. I just noticed that there are 1 bdrm suites open during our trip and I am wondering if I should upgrade us to one of those (we are a party of 5). Opinions? Will I hate losing the RPC and main building ambience

Wishing peace and healing for your Dad and your whole family! :grouphug:

Aw, sorry about the guys :sad1:. Well at least you have the CL now at WL, so that should help. Are you still looking for GF or just staying settled at WL? I stopped looking for Friday night RPC and just figure we won't be around there anyway.

I'm catching up on this thread and see you guys are talking about packing/overpacking - well, get this! We are only taking carry-ons because we're only there for 3 nights. It's going to be tricky for sure! But I'm thinking how fun it will be to not have any luggage!

Hey!! OMG! That sounds like a challenge! But for 3 days you might be able to pull it off! Did you start packing yet? Are you guys getting excited?!!
I'm such a huge fan of packing light, I Don't even know where my full-sized suitcase is- I think one of the offspring took it to college. I can basically travel for an indefinite number of days with a carryon, as long as it doesn't involve cold weather where I'd need thick sweaters, etc. Once I did Europe for 3 weeks in the summer, it was not a problem. My secret is picking the right fabrics and being willing to wash/dry clean clothes if I have to, which most times I don't.

If I buy stuff I have it shipped home so I don't have to pay sales tax.

I check the bag on my way back home (never on the way out, in case it gets lost or delayed) just to avoid schlepping it through the airport, but learning to live without luggage is very liberating. My one weakness is shoes, but they don't take up that much space. DH packs even less than I do, so he's always got space for a pair!

Last edited:
Aww... the worst part is leaving. But then you have something to look forward to once your plans are set again! Sounds like two good trips! Have fun planning!!!!!!

I know, it's depressing...lol. Hopefully I'll be able to narrow down some dates and book something. Planning is half the fun for me, so that will help with the Disney blues :goodvibes.

Hope you have a great trip! Looking forward to hearing all about it when you return :).

Funny, I was just telling the girls - we have Disney for Thanksgiving, Easter, and July 4, so we need to think of a trip for end of August before school starts. They both said: Disney World! While I also have a passion (obviously) for Disney World, I have been trying to give them other experiences (thus our Alaska cruise in July), so we've come up with going to Europe with a stop in Paris Disneyland!! Wish me luck in planning that one!

Sounds like some great trips! Good luck planning the Europe trip :wizard:.

I stayed in SL in Jan and RPC May and Sept this year and have SL for Jan so I am looking forward to WL. I love the tree there!

ALL I can thing about is that dang cobbler. I hope they still have it!!!!

Hope you have a great time!! And hope that cobbler is still available while you're there! :thumbsup2

Now to decide if I want to do RPC since Sugarloaf is already showing as unavailable for our October dates or stick with the Poly. I really do love the Grand.....*sigh* decisions :P

That's a tough choice! I love RPC, but also just had my first stay at Poly CL and fell in love there as well. Good luck deciding, although I'm sure you'll have a great time at either one :wizard:.

Thank you so much. Have a blessed Thanksgiving.

You're welcome :hug:.

Hope you have a blessed Thanksgiving as well :flower3:.

We are booked main bldg Grand Floridian in 27 days. I just noticed that there are 1 bdrm suites open during our trip and I am wondering if I should upgrade us to one of those (we are a party of 5). Opinions? Will I hate losing the RPC and main building ambience

I would keep the main building as it's hard to beat the ambiance, IMO (but that's just me). The lounge is nice for extra space and is especially convenient in the morning or other times of day while waiting for others to get ready :).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter