Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Thank you everyone for the YC/BWI Garden Cottage advice and feedback. I kind of thought the thread might lean Garden Cottage!

Ugh, still so torn - but appreciate everyone’s perspectives.

I'm speaking purely on what I know DH and I would like best if we went to Disney alone. I'm with you about not loving BWI, but I'd try a garden cottage with DH without question - I think it would be a fun experience! The only hesitation I'd have is if CL opened up for YC. Then I would probably vote YC CL.

Waiting on the weather :rolleyes:

I did snag a 7dmt for 3-4pm on arrival day. Hmmm that might incentivize dh to leave dmil after lunch to get to Disney. :rolleyes1

My guys said they really don't want to go. I told dh it's like when the kids were little, I took them for presidents weekend because otherwise they'd spend the weekend playing video games or tv.

It's the same, I live with 2 guys. They are not going to want to decorate, bake or shop that weekend so we might as well walk around , swim and ride boats:thumbsup2

Not long now:woohoo:

Oh and cute purple wall pic.

Aw, sorry about the guys :sad1:. Well at least you have the CL now at WL, so that should help. Are you still looking for GF or just staying settled at WL? I stopped looking for Friday night RPC and just figure we won't be around there anyway.

I'm catching up on this thread and see you guys are talking about packing/overpacking - well, get this! We are only taking carry-ons because we're only there for 3 nights. It's going to be tricky for sure! But I'm thinking how fun it will be to not have any luggage!

I'm catching up on this thread and see you guys are talking about packing/overpacking - well, get this! We are only taking carry-ons because we're only there for 3 nights. It's going to be tricky for sure! But I'm thinking how fun it will be to not have any luggage!

Hey!! OMG! That sounds like a challenge! But for 3 days you might be able to pull it off! Did you start packing yet? Are you guys getting excited?!!

Hey!! OMG! That sounds like a challenge! But for 3 days you might be able to pull it off! Did you start packing yet? Are you guys getting excited?!!

Nope have not started packing! I will say packing isn't nearly as challenging when the kids get older cause they pack themselves. I have a checklist that I print for everyone just to be sure. But I did buy some new carry-on luggage and tested them out, and they'll easily hold a few packing cubes with outfits and each of our bathroom bags!

The girls and I just spent a few hours today talking about our trip and checking on different plans!! So, yes, we're excited! My girls and DH are SO busy that we totally need these trips to re-connect. :)

Nope have not started packing! I will say packing isn't nearly as challenging when the kids get older cause they pack themselves. I have a checklist that I print for everyone just to be sure. But I did buy some new carry-on luggage and tested them out, and they'll easily hold a few packing cubes with outfits and each of our bathroom bags!

The girls and I just spent a few hours today talking about our trip and checking on different plans!! So, yes, we're excited! My girls and DH are SO busy that we totally need these trips to re-connect. :)

I love the checklists! Definitely makes life easier for everyone!!

I love that they’re still excited! Gives me hope for my kids when they get older!! So sweet. I hope you guys have a wonderful time!!! Maybe we’ll see you around!!

I’m getting so excited. Counting the days down. DH and myself are taking my Dad (aka Mr Fredrickson from Up) to Disney thanksgiving week. We fly out this coming Sunday. We will be experiencing a new club level this trip...animal kingdom lodge.

My Dad is so excited, but at the same time a little sad. We found out last week that he has prostate cancer. I’m so glad we booked this trip for him. Only Disney world can make you forget the troubles of the world and the stresses of life.

Here’s To making memories and enjoying the laughter and love of family. :flower:

:rotfl: I’m the SAME way!!! Probably won’t wear half of what I packed - but I’d rather have it with me than at home!!! Hey, you never know!!!! When are you going again? You just got back, right?

I always come home with some clean clothes as I NEVER wear everything I pack :rotfl::rotfl:. ...but like you say, you never know...lol.

I did just return.....got back 10/29 and I'm really missing Disney :(. Nothing definite as far as a return, but looking into a possible girls trip in Jan or Feb and then a trip with just me and DH in April or May. Haven't booked anything yet, but I've been looking at dates and pricing resorts, hoping to maybe finalize something soon :goodvibes.

I got my Disney gift cards from my Southwest Rapid Rewards I recently redeemed!!!!!

My kids can spend them!!!

I'm sure they won't have any trouble doing that ;).

Hi, Everyone! Staying BWI club level this year. Does anyone have any sample menus of the food offerings there? Thanks in advance!

I don't have any menus, but wanted to say I hope you have a great time and enjoy BWI CL :wizard:.

It's funny you mention carry-ons. My DH travels a little for work and always packs the smallest suitcase and carries on so he doesn't have to mess with checking a bag. Me....I ALWAYS check luggage because I can't fit everything in one little bag :rolleyes1. With that said, DH and I are thinking about a quick trip in the spring just the 2 of us and since it will be a short trip (only 3 nights), I know he'll want just carry ons :faint:. Not sure how I'll manage that, but I'm gonna try because like you mentioned, it'd be nice to not have to worry about luggage!

Hope you have a great time :goodvibes.

I’m getting so excited. Counting the days down. DH and myself are taking my Dad (aka Mr Fredrickson from Up) to Disney thanksgiving week. We fly out this coming Sunday. We will be experiencing a new club level this trip...animal kingdom lodge.

My Dad is so excited, but at the same time a little sad. We found out last week that he has prostate cancer. I’m so glad we booked this trip for him. Only Disney world can make you forget the troubles of the world and the stresses of life.

Here’s To making memories and enjoying the laughter and love of family. :flower:

I can't believe your trip is here already.....I remember when you booked it! It's hard to believe Thanksgiving is just over a week away :sad2:. You will make some great memories to cherish forever! Looking forward to hearing all about it when you return!

I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. Prayers for your dad and family :hug:.

I always come home with some clean clothes as I NEVER wear everything I pack :rotfl::rotfl:. ...but like you say, you never know...lol

I did just return.....got back 10/29 and I'm really missing Disney :(. Nothing definite as far as a return, but looking into a possible girls trip in Jan or Feb and then a trip with just me and DH in April or May. Haven't booked anything yet, but I've been looking at dates and pricing resorts, hoping to maybe finalize something soon :goodvibes.

Aww... the worst part is leaving. But then you have something to look forward to once your plans are set again! Sounds like two good trips! Have fun planning!!!!!!

I love the checklists! Definitely makes life easier for everyone!!

I love that they’re still excited! Gives me hope for my kids when they get older!! So sweet. I hope you guys have a wonderful time!!! Maybe we’ll see you around!!

Funny, I was just telling the girls - we have Disney for Thanksgiving, Easter, and July 4, so we need to think of a trip for end of August before school starts. They both said: Disney World! While I also have a passion (obviously) for Disney World, I have been trying to give them other experiences (thus our Alaska cruise in July), so we've come up with going to Europe with a stop in Paris Disneyland!! Wish me luck in planning that one!

Funny, I was just telling the girls - we have Disney for Thanksgiving, Easter, and July 4, so we need to think of a trip for end of August before school starts. They both said: Disney World! While I also have a passion (obviously) for Disney World, I have been trying to give them other experiences (thus our Alaska cruise in July), so we've come up with going to Europe with a stop in Paris Disneyland!! Wish me luck in planning that one!

What a great compromise!!! The best of both ‘worlds’ lol Make sure you take lots of pictures for us!!! I’ll never see it in person (I don’t fly!!) I’m so one dimensional- I can do Disney once a month and be happy!! But I get the need for a change every now and then!! Hope you guys have a great time!

Aw, sorry about the guys :sad1:. Well at least you have the CL now at WL, so that should help. Are you still looking for GF or just staying settled at WL? I stopped looking for Friday night RPC and just figure we won't be around there anyway.

Oh they will be happy once they are there. They just are not doing the happy dance.

I stayed in SL in Jan and RPC May and Sept this year and have SL for Jan so I am looking forward to WL. I love the tree there!

I always overpack at Disney. The weather always feels different than what I expect.

Probably pack this weekend. The guys are easy to do.

ALL I can thing about is that dang cobbler. I hope they still have it!!!!

Hi folks! So, I've been trying to throw together a trip in late January but we've been waffling about dates, etc., so much that now a lot of the availability has dried up (although I know this could change when we get closer to the date). We love the WL but haven't stayed there in a few years - currently there aren't any CL rooms available, but I think I remember reading someplace that it's possible to request CL access upon check-in - based on availability, of course. Has anybody done this successfully? I figure we'd miss out on robes and slippers but could be fun to try...

On the packing front, we also overpack...this would be a short trip, so I was going to attempt just carry-on, which could prove tough in January with the need to layer!

Hi everyone!

According to my Disney math :rotfl2: I am thinking an AP makes sense for me since we have a few trips I'm working on for next year. Could anyone tell me what the AP rates would be for the spring time frame? Thinking March/April staying CL at GF RPC.
Or if you can link me to the rates that would be so helpful!

Thanks!:cool1:

Last edited:
Hi everyone!

According to my Disney math :rotfl2: I am thinking an AP makes since for me since we have a few trips I'm working on for next year. Could anyone tell me what the AP rates would be for the spring time frame? Thinking March/April staying CL at GF RPC.
Or if you can link me to the rates that would be so helpful!

Thanks!:cool1:

I did this a few weeks ago based on the current AP offer (which goes through 4/27/19). %’s are off the rack rate.

GF-35%
Poly/CR/WL - 20%
BC/YC/BWI - 35%
AKL - 35%

Those are all 10% higher than the current Gift of Magic room offer. They also match the 2018 AP discounts for the same time period.

It’s an imperfect analysis/answer as some weekends aren’t included at the discount (only rack), some dates could be a different %, etc, etc... but it’s close enough for rough math.

I’m sure one of us would be happy to check exactly if you have some dates in mind.

Hope that helps!

ETA, of course.. always subject to availability (the main problem/challenge with AP rates sometimes).

Hello Everyone! I am in the process of booking my trip for October 2019 and my husband has suggested Club Level which I am certainly on board for! I have one question though I am hoping someone may assist with. Our first CL trip was in 2008 in the Sugar Loaf Building at the GF. One things we absolutely loved about the CL was that it was always available to grab drinks, or misc snacks. Being it was in the middle of the building, even during food changes there were always cold beverages and snacks on hand whether it was 1pm or 1am. Our next CL stay was at the Wilderness Lodge and while the offerings were fantastic, we were very disappointed to discover that they gate the lounge entrance immediately at the end of a scheduling. Not having access to drinks if we were not there at the exact time became a hassle, and there was not always a CM available to grab us something on request (which I hate doing). Are there any other lounges outside of Sugarloaf that stay available outside of scheduled food service times? We are looking at the Polynesian, but would like to have the option to stop in and grab a drink or a cookie at say 11am which is in between morning and afternoon service. I found our last trip we were always having terrible luck with the lounge being gated at WL. I would like to avoid that if at all possible. =) Thank you so much!

Hi folks! So, I've been trying to throw together a trip in late January but we've been waffling about dates, etc., so much that now a lot of the availability has dried up (although I know this could change when we get closer to the date). We love the WL but haven't stayed there in a few years - currently there aren't any CL rooms available, but I think I remember reading someplace that it's possible to request CL access upon check-in - based on availability, of course. Has anybody done this successfully? I figure we'd miss out on robes and slippers but could be fun to try...

On the packing front, we also overpack...this would be a short trip, so I was going to attempt just carry-on, which could prove tough in January with the need to layer!
Yes a CL add-in is available for $99 per room per night and is offered by stopping by the Front Desk (FD) to complete your check-in process on a space availability for the CL. It is capacity controlled and no you don't get robes or slippers by default in the room. It can't hurt to request them from Mousekeeping.

Note: The WL came up with this $99 add-on when the number of CL rooms was reduced by about 50% with the DVC conversion of the south wing of the WL to CCV.

Dave

Yes a CL add-in is available for $99 per room per night and is offered by stopping by the Front Desk (FD) to complete your check-in process on a space availability for the CL. It is capacity controlled and no you don't get robes or slippers by default in the room. It can't hurt to request them from Mousekeeping.

Note: The WL came up with this $99 add-on when the number of CL rooms was reduced by about 50% with the DVC conversion of the south wing of the WL to CCV.

Dave

Thanks - good to know! It makes sense about the DVC conversion...that's actually why we haven't stayed there for a while - you used to be able to get a nice discount on WL, but then the room capacity dropped, so it's usually seems to be a smaller percentage than some of the other deluxe resorts, so the last few trips we've usually just followed the discount...but this is a bit of a "splurge" trip and we've never tried CL at WL, so maybe we'll give it a try if it's available - thanks for the info!

Are there any other lounges outside of Sugarloaf that stay available outside of scheduled food service times? We are looking at the Polynesian, but would like to have the option to stop in and grab a drink or a cookie at say 11am which is in between morning and afternoon service. I found our last trip we were always having terrible luck with the lounge being gated at WL. I would like to avoid that if at all possible. =) Thank you so much!

I can’t help with Poly, but we stayed at both YC & GF RPC in September. At YC, the lounge seating area is open, but they do rope off the food service area. You can access the soda fridge & coffee machine tho. They did have some candy jars in the seating area so you could get that between service times, but no other snacks. At the end of the day, all food is put away. Again you can get beverages if there are any on the fridge. The coffee maker is available but they don’t have any sugar or creamers out.

At RPC, the lounge is of course always open, but again no snacks between service times. Not sure if they had coffee service available over night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter