Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

I think (someone correct me if I'm wrong) the BWI CL rooms with a king bed do not have a day bed. So with 3 of you on the reservation, I believe there is no way you would be given a king room. They have to give everyone somewhere to sleep.

Not being able to select bed types at Disney makes me slightly frustrated. I travel with just my daughter. However, we can't share a bed as DD has sleep disturbances. We have been assigned a king room at least twice. Once I was able to get a different room. The other time I didn't try as we were at the Poly and had the day bed, where she was happy to sleep. Not sure what we would do if we were ever assigned a king room with only a king bed, and they had nowhere else to put us...I guess I would say we would be willing to pay for a different category or to move to a different resort. I'm always slightly worried about that, but it hasn't happened yet. We could share a bed for a night, two at most, but anything longer would mean we would need separate beds.
Thank you. I agree it would be great to be able to book certain bed types.

Quick question about MK fireworks from CR CL lounge balcony.
It is on the balcony, right?
And is it as good a view as CG's deck view?
Well, I guess I technically just asked 2 questions...

The CR Atrium Club lounge is on the 12 floor and it faces the MK/7 Seas Lagoon. The lounge has three balcony sections, which are the same size as a room balcony (the lounge itself is roughly the size of three rooms). There are speakers on the lounge balconies and in my experience the audio is quite loud/clear.

The view is great, IMHO. The only downside is that, depending on the crowd, space may be at a premium. I've seen it totally empty at fireworks time and I've seen it pretty full, so YMMV on any given night.

Pic is not technically from the lounge, but just a few rooms away.
2.JPG

CG's deck is two floors above the 12th floor, so a bit higher, but overall it is generally similar. The deck that goes out on the BLT side technically gets you a bit closer to the MK, but you're not talking fundamental differences here. To me it wouldn't necessarily matter as I rate both the same, for practical purposes.

Hope that helps!

Last edited:
Just got back Thursday night from our 7 night stay in CR Atrium Club. Our stay was fantastic and I don't think we will be able to stay non-club level again. All the staff in the lounge were friendly and accommodating. We were in room 4813 which is a King room on the Bay lake side directly across from the lounge. The room was huge with a beautiful view, and we really enjoyed the convenience to the lounge. A few nights into our trip we woke up to Christmas decorations in the lounge so that was fun.

We used the CL FPs on three of our days and were happy with the program. It was nice to already have FPs for the popular rides without tier restrictions so we didn't have to worry about rope dropping those. We rode SDD twice and FOP four times during our trip - 3 times were pre-scheduled FPs and one time we stumbled onto FPs for it the same day.

This isn't CL related but we were also pixie dusted a couple times. Our arrival night we booked a Standard room at AKL but were given a (partial?) savannah view which was a nice surprise. The second pixie dust came when we tried to add a day onto our tickets. We originally bought 7 day park hoppers in February before all the price increases and ticket changes this year. We ended up getting a late flight home and wanted to add a day but we bought from UT so couldn't do this until we arrived. When we tried to change our tickets from 7 days to 8 days, the quoted price for the two of us was $144 :scared:. While my husband and I were trying to decide if that price was worth it for only a partial day, the CM at Guest services gifted us complimentary tickets for our last day!

Sorry for the novel - please ask any questions and I will try to answer.

Yeah! I just love pixie dusting and most unexpected makes it even better! Thanks for sharing! One time during the Year of a Million Dreams promo we came around a corner when my oldest child was getting fussy....and were handed a lanyard with multiple fastpasses for any ride, think 3 or 4? It was at AK but sure wish it was at the MK.....we did get taken to the front of the loading for BTM once that trip too...woohoo! AND the very first night they gave a stay at Cinderellas Castle Suite it sure was close, someone from a city near me won. Now THAT would be some serious pixie dust....:tink:

Yeah! I just love pixie dusting and most unexpected makes it even better! Thanks for sharing! One time during the Year of a Million Dreams promo we came around a corner when my oldest child was getting fussy....and were handed a lanyard with multiple fastpasses for any ride, think 3 or 4? It was at AK but sure wish it was at the MK.....we did get taken to the front of the loading for BTM once that trip too...woohoo! AND the very first night they gave a stay at Cinderellas Castle Suite it sure was close, someone from a city near me won. Now THAT would be some serious pixie dust....:tink:

We were there during that year as well, and my husband and boys were getting off Space Mountain and they were handed the lanyards with the fastpasses on them as well! It was such a cool thing to have happen!!

Just got back Thursday night from our 7 night stay in CR Atrium Club. Our stay was fantastic and I don't think we will be able to stay non-club level again. All the staff in the lounge were friendly and accommodating. We were in room 4813 which is a King room on the Bay lake side directly across from the lounge. The room was huge with a beautiful view, and we really enjoyed the convenience to the lounge. A few nights into our trip we woke up to Christmas decorations in the lounge so that was fun.

We used the CL FPs on three of our days and were happy with the program. It was nice to already have FPs for the popular rides without tier restrictions so we didn't have to worry about rope dropping those. We rode SDD twice and FOP four times during our trip - 3 times were pre-scheduled FPs and one time we stumbled onto FPs for it the same day.

This isn't CL related but we were also pixie dusted a couple times. Our arrival night we booked a Standard room at AKL but were given a (partial?) savannah view which was a nice surprise. The second pixie dust came when we tried to add a day onto our tickets. We originally bought 7 day park hoppers in February before all the price increases and ticket changes this year. We ended up getting a late flight home and wanted to add a day but we bought from UT so couldn't do this until we arrived. When we tried to change our tickets from 7 days to 8 days, the quoted price for the two of us was $144 :scared:. While my husband and I were trying to decide if that price was worth it for only a partial day, the CM at Guest services gifted us complimentary tickets for our last day!

Pixie Dust is awesome!!! :tink:

I have BWI standard CL booked for February. We are 3 adults. Are we guaranteed 2 queen beds or is there a chance they would put 3 adults in a king room?
I would definately call and make a notation. We booked standard in September and had 2 queens but were moved (per our request) to a king room. This did have a sofa that I presume was a pullout. This room was directly across from the lounge. I honestly don’t know if it was “still” standard since we were moved, but it did seem to allow for an additional person.

I don’t normally do these kind of posts and I know no one can answer this for me, just need a sounding board at the moment! :-)

Adults only two night trip. Around the holidays. YC Standard View vs BWI Garden Cottage

Have stayed at both resorts; haven’t stayed in a Garden Cotttage but know them well from reading about them around here over the years.

I am in the minority on this thread in that we don’t ‘love’ BWI or BWI CL, although we’re not opposed to staying there. We do have a growing fondness for YC CL, but were recently there.

With a two-nighter, the CL piece of this isn’t necessarily fundamental to our decision-making.

BWI Garden Cottage is a bit cheaper.

The way I see it... YC is the resort we ‘like’ better, although an inferior room type. The BWI Garden Cottage would guaranty a king, and be a chance to try something different (always looking to knock new things off the list).

I booked the YC room, but am kind of torn.

Any words of wisdom out there? Thanks for reading, I know this was long.

I don’t normally do these kind of posts and I know no one can answer this for me, just need a sounding board at the moment! :-)

Adults only two night trip. Around the holidays. YC Standard View vs BWI Garden Cottage

Have stayed at both resorts; haven’t stayed in a Garden Cotttage but know them well from reading about them around here over the years.

I am in the minority on this thread in that we don’t ‘love’ BWI or BWI CL, although we’re not opposed to staying there. We do have a growing fondness for YC CL, but were recently there.

With a two-nighter, the CL piece of this isn’t necessarily fundamental to our decision-making.

The way I see it... YC is the resort we ‘like’ better, although an inferior room type. The BWI Garden Cottage would guaranty a king, and be a chance to try something different (always looking to knock new things off the list).

I vote for WL. Personal opinion only lol

Quick gut reply without a lot of thought- I would do the Garden cottage. It’s something new, and something you cannot do with the kids since it only sleeps 2. If you happen to not love it you're only there 2 nights, and it you do love it you now know. Plus a guaranteed king on a couples weekend is always a bonus, and the extra room is always nice even though when it’s just the 2 of you is when you might need it the least. Either way you can’t go wrong.

@GADisneyDad14 we're in the exact same boat as you. Liked YC quite a bit but the room doesn't suit us at the moment- we need space for 5 and although we stayed at the YC previously the kids were little then and now they're not. So BWI had a bigger room and that's where we will be (at a substantially higher cost I might add).. I just get disgruntled if the room choice is subpar. Actually, that might be putting it mildly, if you ask my family! So I think you do have to really think about that part of the equation.

I like the chance for something new, too. But also, the proximity to DHS can't be beat (better than YC), but the walk to EPCOT is the same. BWI seems quiet, perhaps not as much as YC but certainly not like BC :scared:, we like that. So I'm thinking it'll be worth a try. I haven't stayed at BWI before, though- just visited.

Now don’t faint, but I would say do the BWI cottage. I know, can you imagine me voting against YC? :rotfl2: But I have to agree with ninafeliz: you can’t stay there with your kids; it’s only 2 nights so great time to try something new; holiday time & may be a little cool to swim so you won’t have to deal with that creepy clown slide. ;) And as long as you won’t mind a little walk to the lounge that should be ok. The cottages are cute & a nice step up from a normal hotel room. They are a nice romantic little get away amid the chaos of a Disney vacation. And if you can save a few bucks, why not do it?

If they weren’t so far from the lounge & had access to StormAlong Bay instead of that creepy clown pool, I’d stay in one whenever I could. Good luck deciding! :goodvibes

We don't really find the BWI Garden Cottages with CL access very compelling even though you are guaranteed a King bed. The cottages are in our view just too far from the Inn Keeper's Club (CL) lounge to be of any convenience without planning a special trip since the CL is not on the way to anything.

Some minor negatives for the BWI Cottages:

Their location near the BWI 'quite' pool requires that you exit the main BWI building walk around the courtyard area to enter each individual cottage. From the BWI bus stop you have to walk up hill to the main entrance area and then go back down to the 1st floor via a couple of less than obvious routes. From the Boardwalk area you still have to navigate to the courtyard area while passing through the main building. Again just "minor" negatives.

The Cottages are 2 story units with a sitting area on the first level and the bedroom on the 2nd floor. Only 2 cottages have a balcony on the 2nd floor and those 2 cottages don't have a private white picket fence entrance (balconies can be important for some guests).

For local resort dining options we prefer the BWI, more choices even if they are all outside of the main building.

I would vote for the YC and risk being assigned to a 2 Queen bed room.

Dave

Thanks for your review. Have never stayed at the CR, but looking to possibly try it sometime next year. Glad you had a great time :).

I've never stayed at YC and while I do love BWI/BWI CL, the cottages have never appealed to me. With that said, if the cottages are on your list to try, I think I'd maybe go with that to try something different. As a pp mentioned, it is just 2 nights, so it'd be a good trial. Plus it's a little cheaper than YC and includes CL. Good luck deciding :wizard:.

I vote for WL. Personal opinion only lol

I like this suggestion...lol. But WL is one of our favorites, especially during the holidays, so that would be a draw to me for a quick trip around the holidays :santa:.

Thanks for your review. Have never stayed at the CR, but looking to possibly try it sometime next year. Glad you had a great time :).

I've never stayed at YC and while I do love BWI/BWI CL, the cottages have never appealed to me. With that said, if the cottages are on your list to try, I think I'd maybe go with that to try something different. As a pp mentioned, it is just 2 nights, so it'd be a good trial. Plus it's a little cheaper than YC and includes CL. Good luck deciding :wizard:.

I like this suggestion...lol. But WL is one of our favorites, especially during the holidays, so that would be a draw to me for a quick trip around the holidays :santa:.

Totally agree with you. I think @GADisneyDad14 needs to rethink his decision :D

YC CL is my favorite. I love the new rooms and the concierge staff. But in your case I would vote for the BWI garden cottage. The YC Standard View composes of the rooftop and parking lot. That would be a deal breaker for me.

I'm late to the discussion (as usual!), but for a 2-night adults-only stay, I think you should give the Garden Cottage a try! You've stayed CL at most (all?) of the deluxes and are a wealth of information here. You should give this room-type a try because we know you'll give us a thorough review! ;)

I actually like the setting - so tranquil. And getting to the Lounge is easy via the stairway. I'll be there in a little over a week (3rd time in a Garden Cottage)!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter