Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Hi everyone!

Staying CL for the first time in a few weeks at WL. Just had a couple of questions that I'm sure have been answered somewhere in here but I can't find them when I search.

What is the morning coffee setup? Will there be to go cups to bring to our room or to the bus stop? Could I bring our refillable mugs from last trip (not to try to use with any machines) and make our coffees in those? We have small kids so sometimes sitting and enjoying a slow cup of coffee is not in the cards ;)

Also, if I have my information correct the lounge is on the 7th floor but not all CL rooms are, right? Would requesting a 7th floor room be a good idea? Again, we have the 2 kids under 2 thing going on right now so don't want to have to hike too far to get to the lounge if possible!

Any other helpful tips for our stay are also appreciated. Getting really excited now!

I’m at WDW now and it’s hella HOT!!! Mid 90s with a “feels like” around 105!

The crowds are manageable, but we’ve spent much more time indoors (and in the Club Lounge) than we intended!
Ugh on that heat. That’s exhausting. At least there’s a wonderful place to relax - with beer on tap none the less. Looks like it’s going to be a hot one all week.

@DisneyFansInNYC, can’t wait for your pictures and video.

Our trip is coming up soon. Love the days we’ve planned. Trying not to over schedule and resist adding a water park and/or the Void. The pull to tinker is a strong. :magnify:

The CM told me that if your online check in doesn't process correctly and the credit card doesn't get entered and saved correctly you won't be able to charge to the room and you won't receive a room ready text.

Even with a credit card on file, and room charged the night before, this does not always guarantee a room ready text. I've been told by the front desk they don't send texts to people living abroad even if they have a US phone number, but I know this isn't true as most of the time, we do receive the room-ready texts (on our US phone number). Notifications from the app and emails are usually a little bit more reliable.

(Additionally, a credit card on file doesn't guarantee that the reservation will be charged: our last check-in was at 9am, the the front desk asked us for permission to charge the room on the card, I received a notification from AmEx that a payment was being processed at this exact same time.)

As always with Disney's IT, “inconsistency is consistent, expect the unexpected”.

Unless they've changed it since the feature was first added, this will only work if you are on property.

Just to let anyone know you goes to try and can't figure out how to do it. (As I did)

Thank you for pointing that out! Out of habit, I tried upgrading my ticket to an AP while I was on property, I had no idea this wouldn't have work before.

We just returned from a brief club level stay at BWI, and I found the info on here for our planning so helpful, I wanted to contribute.

We stayed in a garden view room for 6 nights and then moved to a club level room the 7th night. Thanks to reading on this thread, I knew we could head to the 4th floor for breakfast even before we switched rooms. Jackie greeted us at the desk and she knew who we were as soon as I mentioned moving within the BWI to club level. We enjoyed a delicious breakfast in the lounge (Sunday, so an omelet station), returned to our room to pack (sent bags with bell services) and headed to the parks. I knew this was a room moving day (on the heels of a late night at DAH), so the delayed start was perfect.

We received text about 1pm our room was ready. I checked location, and was sad it was not a water view room. I knew it was only a request, so I quickly shrugged that off and wondered if we could see Illuminations from the room. We returned to the resort about 6.

Our room was 4203, and it was a good distance from the lounge. I figured only one night. The room was almost identical to the one we had the first part of the trip...a few more H2O products, robes, slippers, and chocolates. We were offered turn down, but said no thank you since we were in the room. The view was...tree foliage straight ahead, a tiny peek at the water with Y/BC to the left, and the Eiffel Tower from Epcot to the right! We had originally planned to go see Illuminations one last time that night, but instead we brought desserts from the lounge and watched the fireworks from the balcony. That was truly lovely.

Now for the not so lovely. It rained hard that night (roads were wet). There is a road that runs quite close to the Inn at that corner, and it is rather heavily traveled. When it came time to sleep, the noise was loud. Previous BWI room was so quiet, we live in a very quiet, rural subdivision, so we just were not accustomed to road noise. We finally figured out to create some white noise with the bathroom fan and fell asleep. Sadly, we were woken very early (like 4 am!) by very loud back up beeping over and over again. We thought it was perhaps construction related?

Whole family was dragging that morning, so dh nicely went to speak to Jackie. He explained the poor sleeping situation and asked if it would be possible for us to check out at noon (ME picking up at 7 and planned a relaxing day). She was so kind, explained there is a loading dock for all the Boardwalk eateries in that corner (so we were not crazy!), and it is a complaint they have had before. She told dh we could take our time and vacate by 1pm. I thought that was super helpful and we were grateful.

We let the kids sleep a little longer, woke them for breakfast, and then returned to the room to pack and then shower for the day. Preparing to start getting people through the shower, we discovered we had no water - good golly. DH made another trip back to Jackie. She was so sympathetic. As was the maintenance work who appeared at our door about 30 minutes later super apologetic. Apparently a section of the Inn had no water (later learned it was an issue at ESPN that caused a problem).

At that point we figured we would just make it a pool day and plan to shower later at the spa (we had been torn between that and ambling in world showcase one last time). We finished packing, took checked luggage to RAC, then went back to the lounge to enjoy the mid-day food offerings. The lounge was pretty empty and we enjoyed the sandwiches and salads and veggies. Kids made a bag of treats to take to the pool (make your own trail mix). Jackie came to find us, apologized again, explained all amenities (lounge, spa, pool) were still at our disposal, and then she explained she had provided (unasked by us) a $200 credit to our account (appeared 48 hours later in our credit card account). We were greatly touched by her efforts...not just the credit, but her true level of care.

We enjoyed a nice afternoon at the pool, and then we all showered in the spa (located in the workout room area). That is a very nice and well stocked facility from towels to toiletries, to a hairdryer. Great set up! If you wish to have a pool day on your check out day, this is ideal!

We considered going to a restaurant for dinner, but had been encouraged by the lounge staff to return for the appetizer hour at 5. They said it would be special, and it sure was. Reggie was grilling steak, potatoes, and green beans. The smell as you came past the desk was intoxicating and you could almost watch people be drawn to the lounge like a character in a cartoon! Wow, it was scrumptious.

I have read cautions on the Dis board about relying on the lounge food for meals, so I cannot speak to the norm - just this one night. The staff (Sam, Mike, Reggie are the ones who stand out) were just wonderful and encouraged my family to enjoy the food. Reggie put 3 pieces of steak on my husband's plate and told him to return for more! We had dinner in the lounge that night and it was wonderful.

Sam hugged my girls as we left for ME and we all agreed that while the food and lounge were great, it was truly the people who made BWI club level something special for our family.
Jackie has become a very special friend to me and my entire family. She is one of the best cast members at the BW and was the main reason we returned after our first trip. My grandchildren adore her and will always run to her for hugs! She totally embodies what Disney is about! So glad you enjoyed your stay there.

Club level was not available for our dates, but I am perfectly fine with that. New experiences and the best thing is I AM STILL AT DISNEY WORLD:daisy:

DH and myself just booked a Grand Floridian garden room for September 30- October 5. Made my fast passes. I knew I would not be able to book Slinky Dog, Flight of Passage, or Seven Dwarfs Mine train, but I was able to book all of our other favorites. I even snagged a Be Our Guest lunch reservation for October 4th. I also booked us a wine pairing luncheon at the food and wine festival. I was able to book French Family Traditions for us. We lost our reservation for this two years ago when hurricane Matthew hit Florida. I can't wait!!!

We are also planning to convert our tickets to annual passes. If anyone has done this, please let me know what I need to do. Magic Kingdom is our first park and this is on day 1 of our trip. This will be a great birthday trip for me.

How exciting! CL is nice, but GV at the GF is also great! Glad you were able to get FPs and ADRs just weeks before your trip :goodvibes.

I just upgraded my tickets this past June (first time getting an AP) and did it at city hall in MK. Just told the CM I wanted to upgrade, he took my MB and looked up my tickets, figured out the difference I owed and I was on my way...very easy ;).

Final payment made today - now to obsessively plan our stay next month :) Can't wait to try YC CL! Have done Wilderness, Boardwalk, and Polynesian - excited to try somewhere new!

Congrats on being paid in full! Enjoy the planning, hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

We just returned from a brief club level stay at BWI, and I found the info on here for our planning so helpful, I wanted to contribute.

I'm sorry about the issues you had with your CL room, but glad you enjoyed BWI CL overall. I had my first BWI CL stay this past June and loved it! It definitely is a great CL with amazing CMs who are very friendly and always ready/willing to help with anything a guest a might need :).

Staying CL for the first time in a few weeks at WL. Just had a couple of questions that I'm sure have been answered somewhere in here but I can't find them when I search.

I can't help with any questions, but wanted to say I hope you have a great time and enjoy WL CL :goodvibes.

:thumbsup2

Our trip is coming up soon. Love the days we’ve planned. Trying not to over schedule and resist adding a water park and/or the Void. The pull to tinker is a strong. :magnify:

Hope you have a great time! :)

@AngiTN after reading your post that explains why we didn't get a room ready text. I thought it had to do something with our phones - as Canadians we turn almost everything off to avoid roaming charges, so I was blaming it on our phones. On our second reservation I asked for an email (since we weren't getting room ready texts) and it came through on our email while we were at Epcot on were on wifii.

Another lovely morning! Had breakfast and read the paper in the lounge- today's new hot offering was warm tartlettes. Then we walked into Epcot a bit before 9am to ride Soarin'. Then we walked over to Mouse Gears to get a gift that DD wanted- then we walked back to Beach Club. Some nice cloud coverage on the way back. As we were walking through the UK pavilion, we saw a long line and it was about 9:50am- people were in line for Cruella DeVille- I am guessing it's for photopass day. I haven't seen her in the parks before (we haven't done a hallowe'en party) so that was a neat thing to see. When we go in tonight to Epcot, we'll keep our eyes open for other characters. Heading to Stormalong Bay shortly.

Got up this morning and had a lovely breakfast in the lounge - today they had bacon and cheddar crustless quiche for a different hot dish. We then walked into Epcot when it opened, rode Soarin' and came back to room before 10am to get the teens up to have breakfast- we had a coffee and fruit with them. So nice to have this freedom. They are so helpful in the lounge. We are going to do pool time today, ESPN for a late lunch (watch the Jays / Yankees game) and then go into Epcot around 6-9pm tonight. We have FP for Illuminations seating tonight. We love Illuminations!
BTW @trishadono no more taffy at Concierge desk of BC (just hard mint type candy in blue wrapper) but they do have the jars of taffy, kisses, starburst, jolly ranchers in lounge.
You know now that I think of it they did that at bwi last nov . They had taffy in jars in the lounge with other things too. They also had baggies so you could make up a treat bag .

Sounds like you having a nice trip !

Ohhh... I forgot you were doing Tower Club this trip. :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9: It's really awesome, isn't it?

FWIW, we have had similar MB issues twice this year when we moved resorts. Not working on rooms, not working for charging. Things that took forever for CMs to fix, test, check, solve. None of them were earth shattering negative experiences and the CMs were all trying to hardest (and frankly we just enjoyed the lounge while they worked on it)... but none of them have been "oh, let's just flip a switch on the computer" type of things.

Hope you enjoy the rest of your trip!

We love the 1 bedroom Tower suite. This room is absolutely wonderful and the CMs are all so sweet. We got a welcome platter of desserts left in our room with a Welcome note - such a wonderful touch that made our night. We love how quiet the lounge is and breakfast was wonderful. I love that they have plain yogurt and many protein options - deviled eggs, lox, turkey and ham. It will be hard to leave.

Learned something that explains some of this on our last trip.
1st, the room request portion is broken for everyone. But that has nothing to do with completing online check in. You can complete that without entering any room requests. The 2 issue are unrelated.
However, the credit card problem does related directly to both the room charging and the text notification.
The CM told me that if your online check in doesn't process correctly and the credit card doesn't get entered and saved correctly you won't be able to charge to the room and you won't receive a room ready text. I thought I had done both for ours but turns out I hadn't. Then I had issues with charging to the room so when by to get it resolved and that's when they explainted about the card and that without the card it would keep you from getting a room number too.

What was weird is that we had been at AKL for 5 days and everything worked fine - we left to go to the BWI DVC villas and did not do online check in. We checked in with friends who were DVC members and they said if our MBs were working at the other resort then they will be fine. Well 3 out of 6 didn't work on the door and none worked for charging. It was just weird - again every CMs was nice and worked on fixing everything.

Same exact thing happened to me in June! Do you think it was a "bug" in the on line system? I know I entered and saved my credit card. It was no big deal, I thought it was just me! I am going next month and will check in on line again so we will see.
It may have been. I did enter our credit card info but it wasn't linked properly for whatever reason. It doesn't happen often, thankfully

Even with a credit card on file, and room charged the night before, this does not always guarantee a room ready text. I've been told by the front desk they don't send texts to people living abroad even if they have a US phone number, but I know this isn't true as most of the time, we do receive the room-ready texts (on our US phone number). Notifications from the app and emails are usually a little bit more reliable.

(Additionally, a credit card on file doesn't guarantee that the reservation will be charged: our last check-in was at 9am, the the front desk asked us for permission to charge the room on the card, I received a notification from AmEx that a payment was being processed at this exact same time.)

As always with Disney's IT, “inconsistency is consistent, expect the unexpected”.
I wasn't trying to say those were the only reasons that you wouldn't get a room only text. And yes, there are times when they do have the credit card on file and online check in processed correctly and I still don't get room info via texts. Just letting folks know that if they don't have your credit card on file, and you have problems with room charging they also won't send a room number via text.

And I wasn't referring to paying for a room at all, just room charging privileges, which is 2 different things. Can be done with 2 different cards actually. I almost always pay for our room with 1 card and use a different card for room charging.

Also, if I have my information correct the lounge is on the 7th floor but not all CL rooms are, right? Would requesting a 7th floor room be a good idea? Again, we have the 2 kids under 2 thing going on right now so don't want to have to hike too far to get to the lounge if possible!

Any other helpful tips for our stay are also appreciated. Getting really excited now!
No, you are confusing things. WL has 2 different types of CL options. The type you book and the type you add on at check in. If you booked a CL room it will be on the 7th floor. As long as you didn't book a Deluxe room. Deluxe rooms are spread out on several floors. The type you add on at check in are the only rooms that are not on the 7th floor. And you can't request the rooms are. That's the one caveat to adding them on, your room will be on any floor except the 7th.

Last edited:
Ugh on that heat. That’s exhausting. At least there’s a wonderful place to relax - with beer on tap none the less. Looks like it’s going to be a hot one all week.

Thank you - will post when we return home. Our kids did the Void last night and all of them said it was fantastic - they would do it again in a minute. Enjoy your trip!

@OurLaughingPlace sounds like you’re having a great trip. You’re getting me so excited for BC! We’re doing AKL for the first part of the trip before moving over for F&W fun. Fingers crossed we don’t have the magic band issues that other are having. A couple of us experienced issues last year when we switched from Poly to BC. IIRC it took a couple trips to the desk to fix.

@DisneyFansInNYC glad y’all enjoyed the Void. I think our fortnite and Star Wars loving travelers would have a blast. Now just need to figure out when to fit it in. I was able to find a few Homecoming ADRs for the back pocket as well. So many choices!

As for getting room ready texts, I never get one. Our magic bands always work and credit card for purchasing has always been linked and works properly. So odd. There was one time charging privileges was screwed up. It was correct in mde but dh's band didn't have charging privileges and yds did. that was so funny when dh went to buy us adult beverages as soon as we got there lol. The following year, again things were correct in mde but they linked the child ticket to dh and the adult to yds. It took forever in the park the first day to correct it. The cm kept trying to tell us they won't charge us the difference in changing dh to adult like they were doing us a favor. I tried explaining we dis pay adult they just linked it to a child's band lol. The cm just didn't understand. So funny, not at the time though as we almost missed 7d fp. We asked for it to be extended at guest services and he said no fortunately we made it with the grace period. We were seriously there about 45 minutes to an hour fixing the ticket issue.

Will there be to go cups to bring to our room or to the bus stop? Could I bring our refillable mugs from last trip (not to try to use with any machines) and make our coffees in those?

There are to-go cups but they are on the small side. I would definitely bring your reusable mugs! The drip coffee is set up before the food-area part is open, on a little table outside the door. I think it's officially out at 630 but I have been up a few minutes earlier and got some. The Nespresso machine is in the food area and I am not sure if it is accessible before 7am... that early I just get the quick coffee, and then return later for my nice capachino with breakfast! I think they move the coffee carafes inside the food area once that room opens for service.

Thank you @AngiTN ! We booked a standard CL room, so that's perfect! I wasn't aware that you could add club level on at arrival. Besides the room location what are the differences in doing it that way? And thank goodness for informed people like yourself, the CM I spoke to wasn't sure of this answer. She wasn't a Signature Services CM but she tried to look up the answer and told me that I could put in a room request for 7th floor. Glad to hear I won't need to stress about having the request go through or not.

And thank you @kcpinwdw, we will be up with the sun so I will be making good use of the coffee service as early as they'll let me :)

Another lovely morning! Had breakfast and read the paper in the lounge- today's new hot offering was warm tartlettes. Then we walked into Epcot a bit before 9am to ride Soarin'. Then we walked over to Mouse Gears to get a gift that DD wanted- then we walked back to Beach Club. Some nice cloud coverage on the way back. As we were walking through the UK pavilion, we saw a long line and it was about 9:50am- people were in line for Cruella DeVille- I am guessing it's for photopass day. I haven't seen her in the parks before (we haven't done a hallowe'en party) so that was a neat thing to see. When we go in tonight to Epcot, we'll keep our eyes open for other characters. Heading to Stormalong Bay shortly.

Sounds like you're having a great time! Hope you're enjoying the day at SAB :beach:.

You know now that I think of it they did that at bwi last nov . They had taffy in jars in the lounge with other things too. They also had baggies so you could make up a treat bag .

They had the same in June, too :).

We love the 1 bedroom Tower suite. This room is absolutely wonderful and the CMs are all so sweet. We got a welcome platter of desserts left in our room with a Welcome note - such a wonderful touch that made our night. We love how quiet the lounge is and breakfast was wonderful. I love that they have plain yogurt and many protein options - deviled eggs, lox, turkey and ham. It will be hard to leave.

Sounds like a great room! Glad you've enjoyed all of the resorts :goodvibes.

Thank you - will post when we return home.

Looking forward to it ;).

@OurLaughingPlace sounds like you’re having a great trip. You’re getting me so excited for BC! We’re doing AKL for the first part of the trip before moving over for F&W fun.

Hope you have a great time! :wizard:

Hoping to get some recommendations on resorts for an upcoming trip. We have stayed at Boardwalk Inn Club Level before and are looking to stay an extra 2 days after a family trip, no tickets just resort room club level. A week with 3 kids is exhausting so we want a little relaxation :). We've ruled out Beach & Yacht club due to tastes but want some opinions on other resorts. Anything would be appreciated!

Hoping to get some recommendations on resorts for an upcoming trip. We have stayed at Boardwalk Inn Club Level before and are looking to stay an extra 2 days after a family trip, no tickets just resort room club level. A week with 3 kids is exhausting so we want a little relaxation :). We've ruled out Beach & Yacht club due to tastes but want some opinions on other resorts. Anything would be appreciated!
Poly! The resort has such a nice and relaxing vibe. We enjoyed WL reconstruction.so I can't comment on it now. I will say when we walked into the poly last yr (stayed BC) my kids said they felt like they were home.

Depends on when you’re going. AKL pool is under renovations later this fall. Otherwise I’d totally recommend that for relaxation, or the cooler months.

Poly is a great choice if chilling at the pool is your bag. The lounge is only steps away from the pool so very easy to make a run to the lounge. Gorgeous fireworks views and silly fun over at Trader Sam’s. You can totally get away while at the Poly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter