Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

For all you CL vets, do you find the food offerings better at the less popular resorts verses the very popular ones? Like say Disney doesn't have to bring their best to the table at the Poly CL because the Poly would be booked regardless?
I think they are all quite variable, depending on who's working, what they're trying out, who's managing, etc. Sometimes one night you will think the food is great and the next night it is very meh.

The standard advice here is to book the resort you think best fits your needs in terms of theming and location rather than what food you think they will serve.

Last edited:
After reading about people referring to them as practically being family members, it was a bit disappointing. To me, anyway.

This board is very helpful but sometimes I think it leads people to have expectations that may be too high. CL is a lot of money and I don't think it is necessarily the best value for your dollar, but it is very convenient, gives you a place to hang out, outside of your room, and the CMs can sometimes provide extra assistance when needed.

That being said, it's all highly variable. You can read about the CMs doing something special all the time for posters, and then you go and ask and they look at you like you have 3 heads. That is not surprising. You are not the only one who has had that experience but maybe people just don't talk about it as much. Plus as you said, your touring style doesn't fit in well with CL offerings. I see people post all the time that they don't get to the cocktail hour more than once or twice. I would not do that, but everyone puts a different value on things.

I appreciate the not so good reviews as well as the 'great' ones because I think it keeps one's expectations in line and avoids disappointment and surprise later.

I'd been reading lots of posts on here before our recent trip to BWI, as we'd never stayed Club Level before. Here was our experience:

- I was never contacted by DSS prior to our trip. I finally e-mailed them a couple weeks before
our arrival, requesting a 3rd floor room for its larger balcony (we had a deluxe room booked).
DSS replied, assuring me they would do their best to accommodate my request. Got a text
from them on arrival day, stating our room was on the 4th floor.

- We were not met by anyone from the CL staff, nor were we shown to our room by anyone else.
We only found the Innkeepers Club because it was right around the corner from our room.
When we asked the young(ish) guy at the CL desk where to find the lounge, he just pointed and
said "down the hall, to the right." No welcoming hello, introduction, or anything.

- The food options weren't quite what I was expecting, particularly the desserts in the evening.
They were on the cheaper end of the scale, as were the pastries in the morning at breakfast.
Discovered that Club Level isn't worth the extra cost for our family, as we were always in the
parks during dinner hours. We mainly only used it to get beverages to keep in our room.
Their staff members were all very friendly and willing to help, though

- There were several CL staff members attending the desk at different times. Aside from one
older gentleman who was very friendly and helpful, none of the others spoke, even to say
hello, when we walked by. After reading about people referring to them as practically being family
members, it was a bit disappointing. To me, anyway.
Yeah, if you can't be there for the evening you are missing the major service at BWI CL. And it will rarely be worth it for anyone.
Though we do love the breakfast even not including Sunday omelets.
But when we stay at BWI CL we always plan our day to be at the lounge for evening apps.
We do breakfast early, lunch in the parks (big one, main meal of the day) and then our dinner is in the lounge. We time our break for the day to coincide with the service and head back to the parks after we eat. We often skip the desserts though, they aren't really our thing.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/the-toffs-easter-2018-pre-trip-report-plan.3637629/#post-58854218

Maybe because you booked less than 90days or even 60 you had difficulties ? Sorry that it didn't work out for you and your family.

Hopefully for those who book right away will get all that they want. :confused3:thumbsup2
Oh, I thought PP said they didn't plan their trip last minute. If they did it short notice that explains lack of availability.

For all you CL vets, do you find the food offerings better at the less popular resorts verses the very popular ones? Like say Disney doesn't have to bring their best to the table at the Poly CL because the Poly would be booked regardless?
We've done CL at all resorts except Poly and CR. Other than BWI and AKL having a chef cooking in the lounge I didn't find the offerings different at all. I mean, sure specific menu options are but variety and such isn't.
They all do X number of similar items for breakfast, X number of hot items for evening apps, X number of desserts, similar number of wines, similar number of beers, that type of thing. None get gypped. If that's what you are asking.

I guess you could say all the others get gypped out of a chef doing fresh cooking, if you think of that as a bonus. Some don't as it does increase smells, as the lounges are built for cooking (proper venting, etc)

Hello everyone, I'm looking for recent offerings of the Regatta Club at the YC CL, especially the breakfast, but they seem hard to find. Has anyone been there recently? TIA!

We were at YC April 14-21. I've been meaning to post the food offerings but kept forgetting, so thanks for the reminder!

Breakfast always had : bagels & 2 or 3 breads for toasting, 2 different mini muffins (chocolate chip, blueberry, double chocolate), plus always another item like danish, banana bread or coffee cake. Cut fruits: cantaloupe, watermelon & a berry bowl with strawberries, blueberries & black or raspberries. Cheese & crackers (not a cheese eater so I can't tell you what they were). Cold meat like salami, salmon, turkey, ham etc. There was 1 cold meat a day & they were cut thin like a deli meat. Hard boiled eggs every day which were cut in half & served individually. There are 3 different cold cereals. Yogurt with toppings (again, I don't eat this so no specifics, sorry).

The hot offererings included oatmeal or grits everyday with toppings. We were not there every morning but these are the hot items I saw: French onion tart; mini quiche; chocolate chip bread pudding with vanilla sauce & my personal favorite: crepes with toppings: strawberries, chocolate shavings & whipped cream. There was always the oatmeal or grits plus 1 of the other items.

Beverages were coffee, tea, hot choc packets, OJ, apple juice & milk.

Snacks alternated between homemade potato chips with dip & pita (bread & chips) with hummus. Every day had crudités & dip (always 3 veggies. Varied but I saw grape tomatoes, carrot sticks, broccoli, cucumbers etc). Individual jars of gummie bears, yogurt covered pretzels, cheddar goldfish crackers, & a mountain trail mix. Everyday also had 3 different cookies (sugar, oatmeal raisin & choc chip) plus 1 day I also saw mini muffins & danishes like they have at breakfast. Beverages: unsweetened iced tea, lemonade, stormalong bay breeze & apple juice. The coffe machine & fridge with sodas is always available.

Appetizers: crudités & dip, cheese & crackers, pb & j cups with rolls. Always at least 3 cold salads, an individual plated item & 2 hot items. These are what I have for individual days:

Sat: cold salads: farro wheat; chick pea & garlic; mixed olives
Plated: beef & onion jam crostini with horseradish cream
Hot: salmon with citrus glaze & lentils
chicken nuggets with dip

Sun: cold: tomato & mozzarella salad; mixed olives
Plated: tuna tartar crostini
Hot: chicken skewers with citrus sauce & grains
Mac & cheese with add ins: bacon, cheese, peas

Tues: cold: caprese salad; loaded potatoes salad (yum!)
Hot: salmon with citrus sauce & grains

Wed: cold: pear & cheese crostini
Hot: mac & cheese bar with add ins as above
Braised short ribs of beef with mashed potatoes (double YUM!)

Thurs: cold: roasted beets; kale & Brussels sprout salad; mixed olives
Plated: shrimp ceviche
Hot: pigs in a blanket with mustard & ketchup dips
chicken skewers with honey citrus sauce

Desserts were always the same: 3 different cookies (as above), brownie bars, individual items like panna cotta, cheese cake, Mickey head mousse cakes & a hot individual apple pie.

I don't drink so no info on adult beverages, sorry. We had dinner ADRs most nights, so I tried to just get a quick look at what was out most nights, which is why I don't have everything from all nights. The cold salads were repeated in different combinations through out the week. I have some pictures on my phone that I'll try to come back & edit to post.

Last edited:
We were at YC April 14-21. I've been meaning to post the food offereimg but kept forgetting, so thanks for the reminder!

Breakfast always had : bagels & 2 or 3 breads for toasting, 2 different mini muffins (chocolate chip, blueberry, double chocolate), plus always another item like danish, banana bread or coffee cake. Cut fruits: cantaloupe, watermelon & a berry bowl with strawberries, blueberries & black or raspberries. Cheese & crackers (not a cheese eater so I can't tell you what they were). Cold meat like salami, salmon, turkey, ham etc. There was 1 cold meat a day & they were cut thin like a deli meat. Hard boiled eggs every day which cut in half & served individually. There are 3 different cold cereals. Yogurt with toppings (again, I don't eat this so no specifics, sorry).

The hot offererings included oatmeal or grits everyday with toppings. We were not there every morning but these are the hot items I saw: French onion tart; mini quiche; chocolate chip brad pudding with vanilla sauce & my personal favorite: crepes with toppings: strawberries, chocolate shavings & whipped cream. There was always the oatmeal or grits plus 1 of the other items.

Snacks alternated between homemade potato chips with dip & pita (bread & chips) with hummus. Every day had crudités & dip (always 3 veggies. Varied but I saw grape tomatoes, carrot sticks, broccoli, cucumbers etc). Individual jars of gummie bears, yogurt covered pretzels, cheddar goldfish crackers, & a mountain trail mix. Everyday also had 3 different cookies (sugar, oatmeal raisin & chop chip) plus 1 day I also saw mini muffins & danishes like they have at breakfast. Beverages: unsweetened iced tea, lemonade, stormalong bay breeze & apple juice. The coffe machine & fridge with sodas is always available.

Appetizers: crudités & dip, cheese & crackers, pb & j cups with rolls. Always at least 3 cold salads, an individual plated item & 2 hot items. These are what I have for individual days:

chicken nuggets with dip

Desserts were always the same: 3 different cookies (as above), brownie bars, individual items like panna cotta, cheese cake, Mickey head mousse cakes & a hot individual apple pie.

I don't drink so no info on adult beverages, sorry. We had dinner ADRs most nights, so I tried to just get a quick look at what was out most nights, which is why I don't have everything from all nights. The cold salads were repeated in different combinations through out the week. I have some pictures on my phone that I'll try to come back & edit to post.

Thank you so much for all the details! That pretty much answers all the questions we had, plus those we didn't!

I'm glad they have salmon for breakfast, and can't wait to try the appetizers Since we change CL at every trip, it's nice to see that the offerings are different than the previous CL lounges we've been at (GF SL/AKL).

YC CL food pictures:
Crudités & afternoon sweets
BF88323D-D265-4218-8AFB-9F18F5C597BE.png 21828C0E-9A9E-46A9-852D-70854191FE8D.png

Pita chips & hummus:

73719AD5-C2B4-4C46-AF37-372513E57265.png

Afternoon snack jars:

02BF9FCF-FC8A-41B1-9B51-6C3D39499D9A.png

Breakfast: individual chocolate chip bread pudding with vanilla sauce

2A5657ED-63C7-4043-BC7B-51F2DC294E91.jpeg

Afternoon cookies & mufins

9CDC59A0-9058-40C2-BC14-4585C1BCF10B.jpeg

Afternoon beverages:

5F7CD0C0-91A0-484B-B074-3AE203E5968F.jpeg

Desserts: mini cheese cake, Mickey head chocolate moouse cakes, hot apple pie— all were soooo good!

9BF9A2E0-AFAC-4074-803A-1750FECFF1A5.png

Breakfast crepe:the crepe are plain in the warming pan & the whipped cream, chocolate shavings & strawberries in sauce are on the side. I added more fresh strawberries & blueberries. Heaven!

72F3C09E-A758-4446-875F-6944546BC3B1.png

@focusondisney, thanks for sharing the pictures! The Mickey-head chocolate mousse seems so yummy, I think that's the first time I ever see them! I also recognize the yogurt pretzels, always nice to grab a few of these before going back to the room (just because “we all need energy to walk down the corridor”, of course :rolleyes1)

Are the crepes available daily? If so, I'll have to change my morning routine :thumbsup2

@focusondisney, thanks for sharing the pictures! The Mickey-head chocolate mousse seems so yummy, I think that's the first time I ever see them! I also recognize the yogurt pretzels, always nice to grab a few of these before going back to the room (just because “we all need energy to walk down the corridor”, of course :rolleyes1)

Are the crepes available daily? If so, I'll have to change my morning routine :thumbsup2

Your welcome! The Mickey head cakes were so good! As you can see, 1 wasn’t enough! :rotfl2:

The crepes weren’t every day. They were alternated with the mini quiche, the French onion tart & the chocolate chip bread pudding. There were one of those & oatmeal or grits every day as the “hot” options.

We were at YC April 14-21. I've been meaning to post the food offerings but kept forgetting, so thanks for the reminder!

Breakfast always had : bagels & 2 or 3 breads for toasting, 2 different mini muffins (chocolate chip, blueberry, double chocolate), plus always another item like danish, banana bread or coffee cake. Cut fruits: cantaloupe, watermelon & a berry bowl with strawberries, blueberries & black or raspberries. Cheese & crackers (not a cheese eater so I can't tell you what they were). Cold meat like salami, salmon, turkey, ham etc. There was 1 cold meat a day & they were cut thin like a deli meat. Hard boiled eggs every day which cut in half & served individually. There are 3 different cold cereals. Yogurt with toppings (again, I don't eat this so no specifics, sorry).

The hot offererings included oatmeal or grits everyday with toppings. We were not there every morning but these are the hot items I saw: French onion tart; mini quiche; chocolate chip brad pudding with vanilla sauce & my personal favorite: crepes with toppings: strawberries, chocolate shavings & whipped cream. There was always the oatmeal or grits plus 1 of the other items.

Snacks alternated between homemade potato chips with dip & pita (bread & chips) with hummus. Every day had crudités & dip (always 3 veggies. Varied but I saw grape tomatoes, carrot sticks, broccoli, cucumbers etc). Individual jars of gummie bears, yogurt covered pretzels, cheddar goldfish crackers, & a mountain trail mix. Everyday also had 3 different cookies (sugar, oatmeal raisin & choc chip) plus 1 day I also saw mini muffins & danishes like they have at breakfast. Beverages: unsweetened iced tea, lemonade, stormalong bay breeze & apple juice. The coffe machine & fridge with sodas is always available.

chicken nuggets with dip

Thanks for sharing, that all sounds good! I may have missed, but no chef serving right? Just plated apps in the evening?

Thanks for sharing, that all sounds good! I may have missed, but no chef serving right? Just plated apps in the evening?

Right, no chef. There was only 1 preplated item: example the shrimp ceviche was preplated. Most items were in larger, serve yourself bowls, such as the cold salads. The hot items were in the covered warming pans & you again served yourself. The warming pan is pictured above with the chocolate chip bread pudding in it. The cheeses were out on a board, also serve yourself.

That makes no sense at all. How could they be gone for you if you booked at anything over 60 days when we booked ours at 60 days and got all those rides? We went over Spring Break, and then have booked a trip over Memorial Day and another over July 4th. And the July 4th trip is only 3 days.

I'm thinking something else when wrong with your request

Yes, sadly it seems looking back at the information & emails I exchanged they advised me wrongly on the dates I could use the service. A few days here or there can make a big difference and I ended up using the service not when booking immediately opened for my dates. Terrible as it wasn't the only time I was mis-advised! Will have to learn from my mistakes for next time.

Yes, sadly it seems looking back at the information & emails I exchanged they advised me wrongly on the dates I could use the service. A few days here or there can make a big difference and I ended up using the service not when booking immediately opened for my dates. Terrible as it wasn't the only time I was mis-advised! Will have to learn from my mistakes for next time.
Learning things the hard way is annoying, but at least you had FPs to ride plenty during a very busy time. Without them, you probably wouldn’t have been able to ride much...and it does give you an excuse to go back and try again :jumping1:!

AKL CL Questions - Assistance/Advice please

My DD(15) and I visited AKL during our trip a couple months ago and decided it was so beautiful that we'd get out of our POR/POFQ "rut" and branch out for our upcoming trip. I'm a tad nervous because we've only stayed at AKL for one night a long time ago and I'm afraid we might miss Port Orleans. (I doubt it because AKL is beautiful!)

Anyhow... For our upcoming trip, we are staying at AKL in a standard view room for one night (our flight lands at 9:45 PM) and then checking into Club Level the next morning for 10-nights.
Here are a few of my questions:

1. Since our flight is landing near the borderline cutoff for DME to handle your luggage - would you A) go ahead and grab bags from luggage claim yourself or B) bring a carry-on with a change of clothes for the next day and let DME deliver our luggage the next day to our room when we're assigned club level (or will they knock on your door in the middle of the night with luggage)?
  2. Since we are doing a split stay at the same resort do I need to link our reservation numbers, or does that not matter, since our first reservation is just for one night?
  3. Do AKL CL rooms get turn down service? I read earlier in this thread that you had to request it, so not sure if that's still the case? (hoping for the chocolates on the pillow!)
  4. During our trip, I have booked the 'Sense of Africa Tour' and the 'Wanyama Safari'. Has anyone had experience with doing the 2 tours? Are they too similar to each other to do both? (for background we did the Wild Africa Trek at AK on our last trip and absolutely loved it!) Are the tours at AKL just as great?
  5. Any other tips or must-do's that we need to experience at AKL and/or its club level specifically?

Thanks for your input! :flower3:

I'd been reading lots of posts on here before our recent trip to BWI, as we'd never stayed Club Level before. Here was our experience:

- I was never contacted by DSS prior to our trip. I finally e-mailed them a couple weeks before
our arrival, requesting a 3rd floor room for its larger balcony (we had a deluxe room booked).
DSS replied, assuring me they would do their best to accommodate my request. Got a text
from them on arrival day, stating our room was on the 4th floor.

- We were not met by anyone from the CL staff, nor were we shown to our room by anyone else.
We only found the Innkeepers Club because it was right around the corner from our room.
When we asked the young(ish) guy at the CL desk where to find the lounge, he just pointed and
said "down the hall, to the right." No welcoming hello, introduction, or anything.

- The food options weren't quite what I was expecting, particularly the desserts in the evening.
They were on the cheaper end of the scale, as were the pastries in the morning at breakfast.
Discovered that Club Level isn't worth the extra cost for our family, as we were always in the
parks during dinner hours. We mainly only used it to get beverages to keep in our room.
Their staff members were all very friendly and willing to help, though.

- There were several CL staff members attending the desk at different times. Aside from one
older gentleman who was very friendly and helpful, none of the others spoke, even to say
hello, when we walked by. After reading about people referring to them as practically being family
members, it was a bit disappointing. To me, anyway.

I would say everything posted was pretty accurate to my experiences. Sometime I get my room request others not. It all depends on if room is available when you arrive.

I think when they switched to DSS they had a gap for contacting people. It seems you booked in that gap. In the future you can contact at any time at your convenience.

I dont always love the desserts either. Sometimes I take a pastry from breakfast and keep in room for later. I'm never in the mood for sugar in the morning but at night after a day running around I do.

I do cl mainly for TIME convenience and or cl room location. For me it works because rides are not important at this stage, however for park commandos $ could be used better elsewhere.

Oh and greeting is hit or miss. Many resorts stopped doing it or only get if you arrive just ahead of next guest,

Last this thread is still the best for current "what's going on" so your report will be helpful to others so thanks for posting.

50628064738__439B4EDE-4B62-4C38-81B6-D1636DA3FD46.JPG

AKL CL Questions - Assistance/Advice please

My DD(15) and I visited AKL during our trip a couple months ago and decided it was so beautiful that we'd get out of our POR/POFQ "rut" and branch out for our upcoming trip. I'm a tad nervous because we've only stayed at AKL for one night a long time ago and I'm afraid we might miss Port Orleans. (I doubt it because AKL is beautiful!)

Anyhow... For our upcoming trip, we are staying at AKL in a standard view room for one night (our flight lands at 9:45 PM) and then checking into Club Level the next morning for 10-nights.
Here are a few of my questions:

1. Since our flight is landing near the borderline cutoff for DME to handle your luggage - would you A) go ahead and grab bags from luggage claim yourself or B) bring a carry-on with a change of clothes for the next day and let DME deliver our luggage the next day to our room when we're assigned club level (or will they knock on your door in the middle of the night with luggage)?
  2. Since we are doing a split stay at the same resort do I need to link our reservation numbers, or does that not matter, since our first reservation is just for one night?
  3. Do AKL CL rooms get turn down service? I read earlier in this thread that you had to request it, so not sure if that's still the case? (hoping for the chocolates on the pillow!)
  4. During our trip, I have booked the 'Sense of Africa Tour' and the 'Wanyama Safari'. Has anyone had experience with doing the 2 tours? Are they too similar to each other to do both? (for background we did the Wild Africa Trek at AK on our last trip and absolutely loved it!) Are the tours at AKL just as great?
  5. Any other tips or must-do's that we need to experience at AKL and/or its club level specifically?

Thanks for your input! :flower3:
1. I would just grab. It doesn't take much time and you won't be missing out anything when get to resort.

2. Nope. You can go up to 6th floor in morning and check in for cl and breakfast. However you need to be out of your room by then because you can't have 2 rooms at once OR leave dd in room while you check in and if cl room isn't ready take food/drink back to your room until 11am check out. You can store luggage with bellservices until your new room is ready when you leave 1st room.

3. I just looked at my pix last year and we did then.

4.sorry haven't done

5. They make a mimosa with sparkling mixed with either Oj or the jungle juice aka polys POG aka gf tropical punch. They also mix the red wine with the jungle juice. (See above safari sunset)

Last edited:
(or will they knock on your door in the middle of the night with luggage)?

Yes they will! :scared1:

I would pick the bags up myself and take them with me on DME. We usually do this anyway just for peace of mind. I find MCO baggage claim pretty organized and easy. Regardless of the DME baggage transfer cutoff time I wouldn't want to be awakened at 1:00 am by bag arrival.

Did anyone book club level specifically for the FP trial program? I wouldn’t say it was my only deciding factor but it HEAVILY swayed me, since it’s our families first trip, I want to make sure we’re able to do a lot. I got a little overzealous with some reservations, dessert parties, upcharge Events, and recently realized, thanks to some Dis’ers, that why was I spending all the extra money on “extras” when I planned to use the paid FPs and viewing areas -so I cancelled some things. Now I’m feeling anxious that the trial problem will disappear. I’m working on my touring plans and spreadsheets, planning our days and meals around these 6 FPs. What do we think the chances are they’ll keep it going? I’m going in October.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter