Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

This may be a silly question...
But we are doing split stay, 4 & 4, CR to AKL.
Most of our park touring is during the first 4 days with an HS full day planned on switch day.
So, to my question...
Disney will move everything from one resort to the other, yes?
What is our responsibility? We planned on eating breakfast in the lounge, dropping our luggage at bell services and then heading to the park. I assumed the luggage would make it's way to AKL while we're at the park, and all we would have to do is show up at the end of the day and all would be good.
Will they drop our luggage in our room at AKL, or do we need to retrieve it at bell services? I assume our room will be ready since wellw be arriving after 4 pm?
Just need reassuring. Hoping everything will go seamlessly.
TIA!

Most of our park touring is during the first 4 days with an HS full day planned on switch day.
So, to my question...

Yes.

What is our responsibility?

Either call Bell Services at CR, ask them to come pick up your luggage and transfer it to AKL. Or bring you luggage to Bell Services and ask them to deliver it to AKL.

We planned on eating breakfast in the lounge, dropping our luggage at bell services and then heading to the park.

That is how I would do it.

I assumed the luggage would make it's way to AKL while we're at the park, and all we would have to do is show up at the end of the day and all would be good.

Yup.

Will they drop our luggage in our room at AKL, or do we need to retrieve it at bell services?

They will only deliver your luggage to your room if you are in the room. So you can pick it up yourself once you arrive at AKL or once in your room call down to Bell Services and ask them to bring it to you.

I assume our room will be ready since wellw be arriving after 4 pm?

It should be.

TIA!

It always has gone smoothly for us.

We just got back from our wonderful split stay at WL CL and then BC CL. I am just going to give some thoughts on our stay along with comparing it with our first stay two years ago at AKL CL. We are from MA, it was my W and 2 D's, 11 and 8. We are not ones that are Disney fanatics, ie not traveling here more than once a year. Maybe we will be back in two years, maybe not, we like to try different things. Since we dont come to Disney all that often we try to pack quite a bit in, although we dont do rope drop (try as we might we cannot get ready and have breakfast in time) and we dont plan out every minute, we do our FPs and mix in dessert parties and TS restaurants but not every night.

Thanks for your detailed review. Glad you had a great trip :wizard:.

Just got back from our stay in Sugarloaf. We had a fantastic time!! The club level staff was top notch. Patrick was our absolute favorite!! He rearranged our dining reservations several times and always inquired the next day about our experiences. He made us feel like we were the only people staying in the building. I don't know how he has the time to remember so many details and take so much interest in us. I'm sure we weren't the only ones he was like that with. And when he was there everything was well stocked and attended. There was another concierge, her name is French, it's eluding me. Anyway, she greeted us by name every time she saw us and set us up with a surprise celebration cake after she found out we had three birthdays, an anniversary and that our daughter is shipping to boot camp in 5 weeks. I know they can't always do these things and it was an extra special treat. We'd had an issue a few days before that they more than took care of, but maybe that was the reason why? Anyway, our trip was super magical and awesome!! ONE thing that bothered the heck out of me. Three different GROWN men on three different days walked around the lobby barefoot. They ate, drank and hung out. Isn't it the dress code to have shoes on? It was off putting.

OH, I need to add, that even the Mousekeeping staff wished us safe travels and goodbye when we were leaving! Super friendly staff throughout the whole building.

Not at all! The Hawaii building is not that big. There is a door from the outside on each end. We love staying on the ground floor, because of the outdoor patio.

Are the ground-floor rooms noisy? And do they feel safe? With ground-floor patio rooms I always worry about safety and noise from people passing by. Thank you.

So, to my question...
What is our responsibility? We planned on eating breakfast in the lounge, dropping our luggage at bell services and then heading to the park. I assumed the luggage would make it's way to AKL while we're at the park, and all we would have to do is show up at the end of the day and all would be good.
Will they drop our luggage in our room at AKL, or do we need to retrieve it at bell services? I assume our room will be ready since wellw be arriving after 4 pm?
TIA!
We just did our first split stay last week, WL CL five days and BC CL four days. As DansDad stated it was all pretty seamless. Very easy to have bell services handle it all. They told us the luggage would arrive between 1 and 4 at BC. I dont know when it arrived since we did Universal that day so got back around 7 and the luggage was there (as DansDad said you have to call Bell Services to have them deliver it to your room and it was there in five minutes). As advice goes, which you probably already know, just have on you anything you might want to change into since you will be without your luggage for a few hours. Packing was no problem because my W did it, lol. Just kidding, I cannot do a post here without being wise.

Weird question...are there microwaves in the CR or BC lounges. Or, a microwave for guest use somewhere at these resorts? I have a neck wrap I bring on vacation to help with neck stiffness that is a chronic problem and it needs to be heated in the microwave.
Sorry I forgot to get back to you again. When we were at BC last week I did see a microwave in the BC Marketplace on the first floor that is for all guest use since they have a lot of grab n go food that people heat up. No microwave in the CL. Hope that helps.

I did the Disney survey this morning (because I have nothing else better to do with my life, lol, I just dont want to catch up on work). It was for my WL stay. Interesting there were several questions about using the phone to unlock the door. I only used it once just to see if it worked, which it did. I really only see it as practical if you forgot to have your magicband on you when you left the room. But to have to take out your phone, wake it up, open the app and tap unlock seems like too many hoops to jump through to just open a door. The questions were related to when did I find out about the feature, before or during the stay, did I find out through the app. Didnt really ask if I liked it or would use it more often. But I am sure they are probing ways to reduce the use of magicbands, easily could see using the phone to enter the park and fastpasses.

Are the ground-floor rooms noisy? And do they feel safe? With ground-floor patio rooms I always worry
Are the ground-floor rooms noisy? And do they feel safe? With ground-floor patio rooms I always worry about safety and noise from people passing by. Thank you.

We have always felt safe. There is enough of a buffer(grass and small shrubs) between the patio and walkway. Also, it’s been my experience at the Poly at least, that the walkways away from the main building aren’t ever flooded with people. As far as the noise level, I’ve never noticed it to be any louder than any other room.

Just got back from our stay in Sugarloaf. We had a fantastic time!! The club level staff was top notch. Patrick was our absolute favorite!! He rearranged our dining reservations several times and always inquired the next day about our experiences. He made us feel like we were the only people staying in the building. I don't know how he has the time to remember so many details and take so much interest in us. I'm sure we weren't the only ones he was like that with. And when he was there everything was well stocked and attended. There was another concierge, her name is French, it's eluding me. Anyway, she greeted us by name every time she saw us and set us up with a surprise celebration cake after she found out we had three birthdays, an anniversary and that our daughter is shipping to boot camp in 5 weeks. I know they can't always do these things and it was an extra special treat. We'd had an issue a few days before that they more than took care of, but maybe that was the reason why? Anyway, our trip was super magical and awesome!! ONE thing that bothered the heck out of me. Three different GROWN men on three different days walked around the lobby barefoot. They ate, drank and hung out. Isn't it the dress code to have shoes on? It was off putting.

OH, I need to add, that even the Mousekeeping staff wished us safe travels and goodbye when we were leaving! Super friendly staff throughout the whole building.

Glad you had a great time and enjoyed GF SL :wizard:.

To cl or not?

I know I usually am in the "it's worth it for time savings " group for a yes vote.

However I have a maybe weekend for Memorial coming up. I had poly cl booked with a ta. Dh said he would not stay there. UGH!:sad2:

He said he wanted GF and that I could get cl this time because last Sept we did a std gv room. lol I think he offered cl because I would point at SL every time we passed and say "that's where dd and I always stay" , or "that's MY usual building"!:rolleyes1

So when AP rates came out I booked TPV RPC. :flower1: It was $1000 a night pretax:sad1:

So I kept looking and last night AP for a gv non cl was $519. For almost $500 a night I can order coffee delivered to bed and eat at Narcoossees every night and $ left over.

So I was thrilled to go back to RPC but sometimes , no it's not worth it.

Don't feel bad for me tho I have a poly cl with TPV cl at CR split for 7/4:worship:

Oh I better go look for some evening ressies!

Oh I might have booked one night for just me and dd20. He done with a semester 5/22 so I thought I would add a night before my dh can come. I am going to surprise him with cl and only tell him WL. I think WL, Cr and Poly are his favs for resorts.

Somebody is working hard this semester and will be in need of a break.

Right now I am planning on keeping my BLT villa instead of gf for that weekend.However I keep looking for a std rpc.......

Oh for petes sake I've changed again:rolleyes1

So dh only wants gf, ds only wants to travel as a family . One of us has to cover the business on 5/25 so... all 3 of us fly 5/26 early direct and leave late on Monday 5/28.

I could do the BLT or GF RPC for same price.

Now it's only 2 nights but 3 full days usage of lounge for 3 people.

So for same $ I decided being stuck with 2 guys won't be bad since I'll be in the lounge with champagne and scones,:drinking1 Also we will save $ vs blt with 3 people eating.

i can't wait for tea time with ds and listening to the band, he has an old soul ::yes::

Dh loves :boat:

I also have TPV so marina , castle monorail and HEA all great views.

I am doing two nights CL at AKL and one night in a value studio following those. So I will have 2 full days in CL and the following day I will have access as well. I think its a great game plan. I just wonder if Disney will ever go with CL by day and not by night to discourage this ability for the guest to "skim off the top"? Kinda like how Port Canaveral charges for parking by the day, not by the night?

Jim and I are off to the Beach Club tomorrow. Not my favorite, but no room at the Boardwalk with my cast discount. I had originally booked just a regular room, but we were sprinkled with some pixie dust and upgraded to a CL room due to some issues from our last trip there. This NEVER has happened to me because i always have booked with my cast discount. I will be going in with a positive attitude and hope for the best.

I am going to be staying there again in September with my son and his family because the kids love the pool. I am happy to be going to Disney and thankful I can go often and have such a great discount. Let me know if anyone has any questions! It will be a very relaxing trip for us.

Oh for petes sake I've changed again:rolleyes1

So dh only wants gf, ds only wants to travel as a family . One of us has to cover the business on 5/25 so... all 3 of us fly 5/26 early direct and leave late on Monday 5/28.

I could do the BLT or GF RPC for same price.

So for same $ I decided being stuck with 2 guys won't be bad since I'll be in the lounge with champagne and scones,:drinking1 Also we will save $ vs blt with 3 people eating.

i can't wait for tea time with ds and listening to the band, he has an old soul ::yes::

Dh loves :boat:

I also have TPV so marina , castle monorail and HEA all great views.
I’ll raise a glass to that. That’s some sensible Disney math if you ask me.

Enjoy the champagne and scones!

Has anyone used Signature Services to book FP+ at 60+days mark?? I booked my trip via a Disney agent whose service is pretty good so far. But I don't know if Signature Services would do a better job at getting FP+ than my TA...

Has anyone used Signature Services to book FP+ at 60+days mark?? I booked my trip via a Disney agent whose service is pretty good so far. But I don't know if Signature Services would do a better job at getting FP+ than my TA...
It is my understanding that the SS do not open until 9 am. I find my TA gets me everything I want at the times I request. And I KNOW she's on her computer at 0 dark thirty to accommodate me. I wouldn't mess with success. I don't believe they have a "better magic wand". In fact I believe you'll be left behind by 3 hours. That could preclude you getting slinky dog or FOP for your trip.

I’ll raise a glass to that. That’s some sensible Disney math if you ask me.

Enjoy the champagne and scones!
Gotta love that Disney math!
One of my colleagues today asked about my trip, and one of his comments was, "That must have cost you 5 grand!"... :confused3
Lol, I didn't reply anything at all. You either go on vacation or you don't. Different strokes and all that, lol! :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!