Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

So...we just stayed at BWI in December, Club level/Deluxe room. We were on the Boardwalk. I just went to Touring Plans and pulled up rooms considered Standard View/Club Level. There are quite a few that are on the Boardwalk. Using our room as a reference..4227, the following rooms are right over the Boardwalk. There are others that have a side view but the ones I'm going to list are literally hanging over the Boardwalk. I checked each room on TP, just to make sure they say Standard view/Club level. 4259,4253,4251,4238,4237,4235,4223,4215,4213.
I wanted to point out that all the odd numbered rooms are on the Boardwalk side and the even numbered rooms are on the garden side. When we stayed in Dec 2016 we had the Deluxe room #4229. So all the rooms you have listed above would be Boardwalk view rooms with the exception of room #4238.

T-Minus 1 day until my first CL stay! So very excited to experience RPC! Cannot wait to get up at 4:30 to go to the airport tomorrow :). Thanks everyone for being so helpful over the past few months!

Safe travels tomorrow, have a great trip! Hope you will give a review when you return :goodvibes.

I'll be checking in to Poly CL on Sunday but not for the Princess Half. Just a mistake on my part for not realizing that it was the day of the Princess Half. I'm hoping I'll be able to get to Poly early without any major delay/trouble.

Have a great trip! :wizard:

Guys - too late now but it looks like Disney increased 2018 rack rates. I was working on booking a Poly stay this AM and the rates weren't quite matching some nerdy research that I keep on rates. Just saw another thread with someone questioning the same thing.

I checked some other resorts and compared my reservations and see similar results. Looks like increases in the $15-$20 per night range from what I spot checked.

Odd to see a mid-year rate increase like that.

Wish I had locked in a few trips before this.... grrr..... >:(

Guys - too late now but it looks like Disney increased 2018 rack rates. I was working on booking a Poly stay this AM and the rates weren't quite matching some nerdy research that I keep on rates. Just saw another thread with someone questioning the same thing.

I checked some other resorts and compared my reservations and see similar results. Looks like increases in the $15-$20 per night range from what I spot checked.

Not that I didn't believe you...... lol I just checked the rate for the BWI Garden Cottages we booked last week for November and sure enough - up $16 a night (plus the added sales tax) - Geesch!

Edited: Oops, I was wrong -- the increase is $18night!! :/

Last edited:

Yes this is my point. In years past (I want to say three but could be off) when you went online to book a CL BWI room you would get three options, Standard, Deluxe and garden cottages. The deluxe rooms all have a boardwalk view with 5 rooms on the third floor and 5 rooms on the fourth floor. The Garden cottages are not on the main floor at all but are on the ground floor surrounding the quite pool and gardens. All the rest of the rooms were considered standard rooms and you could request either a boardwalk view or a garden view. Eventually Disney figured out how popular the boardwalk rooms were and broke them off into their own category (with a steep price increase). So for the past three years you could book a standard BWI CL room(garden view) or a boardwalk view room. The Deluxe rooms and Garden cottages are still separate.

However a few weeks ago a couple of Dis posters have mentioned that when they went to book BWI CL rooms the standard rooms and the boardwalk view rooms are no longer separate. So my question was have they changed it back to the Boardwalk view CL rooms are by request only? I will ask next weekend when we check in and let everyone know what I find out.

Sorry that took up so much space to explain and I hope it makes sense to everyone:)
Nicely done, sounded perfect.

I wanted to point out that all the odd numbered rooms are on the Boardwalk side and the even numbered rooms are on the garden side. When we stayed in Dec 2016 we had the Deluxe room #4229. So all the rooms you have listed above would be Boardwalk view rooms with the exception of room #4238.

Oops. Typo! You’re right, 4238 should read 4239. 2 screens up at the same time....seems fingers don’t always type what the eye sees

Seems like a few DISers with trips soon/this weekend. Anyone else heading down for the Princess Half?

My husband, son and I are definitely doing the 10k. I am registered for the Princess Half (as part of the Fairy Tale Challenge). Had some setbacks in training due to an injury in the fall, but may try to walk it. It will be a game day (or night before) decision on my part.

Is your wife doing the PHM again?

My husband, son and I are definitely doing the 10k. I am registered for the Princess Half (as part of the Fairy Tale Challenge). Had some setbacks in training due to an injury in the fall, but may try to walk it. It will be a game day (or night before) decision on my part.

Is your wife doing the PHM again?

Yep, she’s doing both races. Her GF had to bail due to some family commitments, so rather than her making the trip alone I quickly volunteered for duty. A long weekend at Disney without the kids? Don’t mind if I do! :rotfl:

Good luck with the run(s) to both you and the fam!

Hi, we are booked for YC lagoon/water view room CL. We have stayed at the BC CL before but never at YC. Are there any suggestions or tips that you could give. We are going for my son's 12th bday (his bday is actually while we are there.) We are also taking his best friend with us. Are the club lounges the same? I am hoping it wont feel too stuffy for the boys. The BC club has such a laid back feeling. Just a little concerned. We will be there May 6th -12th.

Happy early birthday to your son! What a fun trip to be planning!! We stayed YC CL recently and really enjoyed it. All of the CMs were incredibly nice and helpful. We were there with our 2 year old son, and while he's not extremely loud, he is still a 2 year old. I never felt out of place or worried about being with a toddler at YC, so I can't imagine having two 12 year olds with would be an issue. There is plenty of room in the lounge to find your own little area to enjoy. Plus, I much prefer the rooms at YC over BC! I would say YC in general is definitely quieter than BC, but I really didn't find any part of our stay to feel stuffy at all. As for room location, we requested a room close to the lounge, which was really nice (and super close to elevators as well).

PS - Be sure to ask for one of their signature cocktails at check-in if they don't offer! Enjoy!!

So today was my 90 days out from check out and I was able to secure my theme park extra passes.

Took about 20 minutes. Made all the changes I wanted.

He confirmed that Toy Story Mania will be open the week of May 16th through the 22nd however there will be no fastpasses available. It will be standby only.

Once I got off the phone with them I was able to change my regular fast passes 2 Double up on the headliners.

All in all, painless (except my wallet)

Oh and I accidentally deleted one of my regular fast passes. I just call them back up and they added it back in. I was not able to add a fast pass back myself because it's not my 60-day window but they had no problem doing it.

I’m telling you, you put a skip on my spark. I even called the kid to watch with me. I was in awe of your family and you inspired me for mine. That was a gift. Thank you.

That truly was such a nice thing to say. We started making these about 5 years ago and I actually look forward to making the next one. Our kids are older now and with everyone's time off being different it is tough to get away that often. We truly love our Disney time.

We are all excited that you and your family enjoyed it. I read your post to my family and they said you are so sweet. Think about it and you should make one when you go. Any CMs that we ask to be in it has been wonderful. Our first one had many CMs in it. They are all in my signature. Have a wonderful night! :flower:

Ouch. Mid-year hike. Geez Disney. What a money grab.

Looking forward to your review of the Inn Keepers club.

I just checked the rate for the BWI Garden Cottages we booked last week for November and sure enough - up $16 a night (plus the added sales tax) - Geesch!

Edited: Oops, I was wrong -- the increase is $18night!! :/

Guess increasing ticket prices wasn't enough :sad2:

We started making these about 5 years ago and I actually look forward to making the next one. Our kids are older now and with everyone's time off being different it is tough to get away that often. We truly love our Disney time.

You can never have too many memories, and what better place than Disney :).

:wave: @TheFloatingBear
I think the regular standard room can be parking lot, gardens or pool. The CL Standard view we had a few years ago had a garden view.

One interesting point, I was online today and noted either a change or a temporary computer glitch :-) in the room designations for CL BWI.
The options right now are Standard CL, Deluxe CL and Outer Bld-Garden Room (cottages).

This is how they used to designate rooms. When we first started visiting BWI CL, a Standard CL room could either be a Boardwalk view or garden/pool view. It was kind of the luck of the draw. You could request of course.

I am very curious to see if they change the description of the Standard CL rooms, or whether a Boardwalk view room pops back up and it turns out it was a glitch. Who knows? I'll stay tuned.
Happy planning! :flower1:

Please excuse my late reply...my laptop suddenly took ill and had to go to the laptop doctor - and a couple days before my FP day for added excitement! :badpc: My middle-aged fingers don't enjoy typing longer messages on my phone! I'm more of an old-school typist! Then I was out of town for a couple of days so now catching up!

Anyway, thanks for the info! And apparently, my family has collectively lost any good sense and now we've changed our 5 night AKL CL stay to a 2 days BW CL and 3 Days AKL CL. We're starting with 3 days at Universal so it should be quite an adventure. We've done lots of split stays but never twice in a trip before, but they all wanted to try BW. My kids are a bit older - 13yo and 11 yo - and we're not unpackers, so hopefully eliminating bus trips for a couple of days will balance out any other inconveniences!

When I booked the BW CL, it was definitely like you said - either a Standard CL with pool view, Deluxe CL (with the boardwalk view) and the Outer bld-garden rooms. We booked a standard CL. But looking at it again, it's a little confusing, since it doesn't list an option for a standard size CL room with a Boardwalk view, but from some posts (like yours above) and other descriptions I've read, there are some - or at least there used to be. The Deluxe CL rooms state that they all have a boardwalk view but also that they are larger (sleep up to 6)than the standard rooms so it's curious! :confused3 Am I making sense?

I'm not really worried about the view; it was more just curious to me...although I'm sure a boardwalk view would be amazing! For us, it's more about location and trying a new resort...and maybe my family's desire to watch me unpack and pack multiple times...I kid - they will be managing their own stuff!

I am so excited to try the Boardwalk Inn!!:Pinkbounc

He confirmed that Toy Story Mania will be open the week of May 16th through the 22nd however there will be no fastpasses available. It will be standby only.

What exactly are the FP for? I know nothing about the new Toy Story stuff.

Please excuse my late reply...my laptop suddenly took ill and had to go to the laptop doctor - and a couple days before my FP day for added excitement! :badpc: My middle-aged fingers don't enjoy typing longer messages on my phone! I'm more of an old-school typist! Then I was out of town for a couple of days so now catching up!

Anyway, thanks for the info! And apparently, my family has collectively lost any good sense and now we've changed our 5 night AKL CL stay to a 2 days BW CL and 3 Days AKL CL. We're starting with 3 days at Universal so it should be quite an adventure. We've done lots of split stays but never twice in a trip before, but they all wanted to try BW. My kids are a bit older - 13yo and 11 yo - and we're not unpackers, so hopefully eliminating bus trips for a couple of days will balance out any other inconveniences!

When I booked the BW CL, it was definitely like you said - either a Standard CL with pool view, Deluxe CL (with the boardwalk view) and the Outer bld-garden rooms. We booked a standard CL. But looking at it again, it's a little confusing, since it doesn't list an option for a standard size CL room with a Boardwalk view, but from some posts (like yours above) and other descriptions I've read, there are some - or at least there used to be. The Deluxe CL rooms state that they all have a boardwalk view but also that they are larger (sleep up to 6)than the standard rooms so it's curious! :confused3 Am I making sense?

I'm not really worried about the view; it was more just curious to me...although I'm sure a boardwalk view would be amazing! For us, it's more about location and trying a new resort...and maybe my family's desire to watch me unpack and pack multiple times...I kid - they will be managing their own stuff!

I am so excited to try the Boardwalk Inn!!:Pinkbounc

We love the BWI CL - so excited for you. The food is delicious. Actually everything about it is wonderful....location, food and CMs. They are the best CMs on property in our opinion. Say hi to Lorenzo, Anita, Joe and Steven - they made the experience there magical. We loved coming back to the lounge to talk with them. It truly felt like family to us. I would love to hear your experience. Also we usually get the Deluxe rooms since we are 6 people - but when we had two rooms we never had a bad view - although we do love a boardwalk view. Enjoy!

Thanks for the heads up. I looked at the rates for my September stays too. YC club level up about $17. GF RPC $18 - 20; king standard weekend rate up $24. CR theme park atrium CL up $18.

Mousesavers resort rate page lists the rates that were released last year. So you can use those to compare to the rates currently showing on the Disney site. This is the first time in over 20 years of on site stays that I ever remember them raising rates randomly like this. But I guess we have to pay for those wonderful new security checks that are keeping us all so safe................. :sad2:

I have loved WDW since my first visit in 1993. We have vacationed there at least once a year ever since. YC & GF CL are heaven to me. We are getting 4 trips with our APs this year, & we are from Buffalo. But this is all really getting to me. We have a great income for just 2 of us. But these costs are really getting crazy. The parks are so crowded, I just don't know how average families are affording it. My head is telling me enough, my heart says keep going. Pretty soon my bank account is going to say NO MORE.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!