Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

On a totally different topic... I'm going to Wilderness Lodge Club level for the first time with my daughter and her two children (11 & 8). We usually leave a tip for Mousekeeping each day. How much do you normally leave?
Thanks!

I usually figure $2 per person per day for normal service. Since the Lounge CMs say to just leave dishes in your room, if we have some I will leave a little more. If we we end up with more trash or a pile of used towels I will leave more. Off Topic - I really wish there was just a standard return area for the dishes.
We did have turn down in Sept and sadly me remembering to put a small tip out before we left was hit or miss on this. Turn down was nice in that is was pleasant to come back to a room that was just straightened up a little bit. For a mom that does this herself at home at night, it is pure magic. :rotfl2:
Our room was super clean the whole time. They even changed out the cover on the bed when DD got a food fingerprint on it one afternoon. We always had plenty of towels.

For those familiar with the Twilight Feast- I read that room service for this begins at 4:30. Does that mean we can't call to order it until then; or can we call prior to that to have it delivered at 4:30?

The calls are always nice, aren’t they? :-)
Do you mind if I ask, did DSS mention the extra FP purchase trial program? Thank you!

Hi - DSS contacted us yesterday, ahead of our trip next week. I missed their phone call, but they left a message, and sent an email.The message and voicemail did not mention the extra FP trial.

I have a question about the club level at AK, Jambo house. We have a big family trip next december and I was unhappy to find there is no 3 bedroom on club level. We have a couple seniors on the trip and an infant, no logical way to divide rooms. Has anyone heard of AK extending even at a charge club access to the 3 bedrooms since they offer none? I doubt it but thought this would be the place to ask the question.

Yay! Counting down is so exciting!

Question - I can see from your sig that you are just under 3 months out from yours. Is that the normal window when you get the phone call? Asking because we booked CL for the first time for a September trip and I'm curious to know how soon this process would start.

TIA!

I have no idea. The last time we stayed CL it was pixie dusted.

I have a question about the club level at AK, Jambo house. We have a big family trip next december and I was unhappy to find there is no 3 bedroom on club level. We have a couple seniors on the trip and an infant, no logical way to divide rooms. Has anyone heard of AK extending even at a charge club access to the 3 bedrooms since they offer none? I doubt it but thought this would be the place to ask the question.
I haven't heard of Disney offering extras to the 3 bedroom villas.
Have you considered booking a 2 bedroom suite with club level access (sleeps up to 8) and one savanna-view Club level access room (sleeps up to 4)?
That would give you club access for everyone, along with lots of extra space. It would be pretty easy to meet up in the lounge, or spend most of the day together in the large suite.

This makes me nervous. DH is not going to be happy if we have crappy service. We love the YC/BC though and I'm having a hard time getting him to try another resort.
We've always had very good service at the BC CL.

Then again, for us the CL service at CR has been a bit mixed, and STILL we return there.

For us, service isn't the only reason to return. A top reason we pick CR is that we like being able to walk to MK. You just can't get that at an other WDW resort, except being able to walk to Epcot/HS from BWK/BY/YC.

We put a premium on efficiency. Eating in any CL is more efficient than eating in any QS, but we think this is especially true when considering the BC QS, at least in our experience.

Always, being able to walk to Epcot + HS is an upside of BC.

That's how we see it, but again Is at, we've also had good service at BC.

Then again, for us the CL service at CR has been a bit mixed, and STILL we return there.

For us, service isn't the only reason to return. A top reason we pick CR is that we like being able to walk to MK. You just can't get that at an other WDW resort, except being able to walk to Epcot/HS from BWK/BY/YC.

We put a premium on efficiency. Eating in any CL is more efficient than eating in any QS, but we think this is especially true when considering the BC QS, at least in our experience.

Glad to hear it! We love the YC and BC. I'd love to try a monorail resort, but DH loves the Epcot area and tends to be a creature of habit! I'm determined to get to the Poly or GF (my daughter's dream resort) someday!

From what I've heard before, is that they can't because what you're actually staying in is a DVC grand villa. These are two different systems. I know there was a report of a diser that was REALLY upset that he didn't get CL when paying cash for a grand villa and that's pretty much how it was explained. That's not just an AKL thing, all 3 bedrooms on property are grand villas (I think?), maybe the Walt Disney suite @ GF is 3 bedrooms????

I haven't heard of Disney offering extras to the 3 bedroom villas.
Have you considered booking a 2 bedroom suite with club level access (sleeps up to 8) and one savanna-view Club level access room (sleeps up to 4)?
That would give you club access for everyone, along with lots of extra space. It would be pretty easy to meet up in the lounge, or spend most of the day together in the large suite.

Yes, but not all dates are available in both rooms and we have issues with splitting the group and watching an infant and two seniors in the group, it just doesn't divide well.

Glad to hear it! We love the YC and BC. I'd love to try a monorail resort, but DH loves the Epcot area and tends to be a creature of habit! I'm determined to get to the Poly or GF (my daughter's dream resort) someday!
One way to get both resorts is to do a split stay! We've become quite fond of them.

Split stays are especially good with CL stays, because you get to eat in a different lounge. On BC days, we go to Epcot/HS, then on monorail resort days we spend extra time in MK.

The way we make them easy is that we no longer do much unpacking. I have a duffle bag for thigns that can get scrunched, cords, and toiletries. That's the only bag we have to unpack. Inside that bag, there's a big bag for bathing suits/coverups, and each person gets a bag for undies/socks.

We put all our toiletries in ziplock bags: one bag is stuff we use often (or two bags), the other is stuff like otc meds, that we don't need every day. So only bag actually get opened most days, the other just sits on the counter.

Each day, you just take out what you need.

Dirty laundry goes in a drawstring plastic bag. Every hotel closet has one. (and we reuse from prior trips). When we transfer, we just stuff it in some place - or it becomes a temporary extra bag.

The only other consideration is perishable stuff: food, make up, and anything else that doesn't do well in FL heat (meds? chocolate?) We usually bring a soft sided cooler to transfer those items.

We've also had good service at BC CL. We have stayed BW Deluxe CL in the past and while the CL crew were great... we found we preferred BC. The food offerings were pretty much a wash between BC and BW but we just like being at BC more (pool, feel of the resort, proximity to dining options, parking (hated BW parking as there were many times where we had to circle the lot for 20 minutes to get a spot --- while at BC it was more about where to park rather than finding a spot), and we enjoy the beach area at BC. )

My family is 11 days from our trip to WDW. We are staying at the Poly CL. My husband does not know we are staying CL, it’s a suprise. I want add to the suprise by including a parasailing trip from the Comtemporary. In the past he has expressed an interest. So my question is do you all have any opinions or reviews of the parasailing at WDW? Thanks in adnvance.
I can’t answer about parasailing but we’ll be overlapping your trip. We arrive at the Poly on Tuesday so we’ll see you in the lounge!

Yay! Counting down is so exciting!

Question - I can see from your sig that you are just under 3 months out from yours. Is that the normal window when you get the phone call? Asking because we booked CL for the first time for a September trip and I'm curious to know how soon this process would start.

TIA!

I’ve had several club level stays and no calls. The most recent was YC in november and I have the Polynesian Tuesday. (Was Monday until today when I moved it to Tuesday to stay one more night in a Copper Creek Cabin.

For those familiar with the Twilight Feast- I read that room service for this begins at 4:30. Does that mean we can't call to order it until then; or can we call prior to that to have it delivered at 4:30?
we ordered and asked to have it as soon as we could around 5ish I think and it came right around that time. I believe we called earlier in the day. I believe they said around 5 was when they could deliver it. But they took our order earlier than that. Btw- you may know this, but ordering for 1 easily feeds 2 or 3. :)

I can’t answer about parasailing but we’ll be overlapping your trip. We arrive at the Poly on Tuesday so we’ll see you in the lounge!

I’ve had several club level stays and no calls. The most recent was YC in november and I have the Polynesian Tuesday. (Was Monday until today when I moved it to Tuesday to stay one more night in a Copper Creek Cabin.

we ordered and asked to have it as soon as we could around 5ish I think and it came right around that time. I believe we called earlier in the day. I believe they said around 5 was when they could deliver it. But they took our order earlier than that. Btw- you may know this, but ordering for 1 easily feeds 2 or 3. :)
Thanks! This is great that we can order earlier for a specific time later.

I'm leaving tomorrow morning for my first stay at the GF RPC! Excited to give it a try and see how it compares to some of our CL stays at BWI and Poly. If anyone has tips for staying at the RPC I would love to hear them! I'll give a full report when I get back on Saturday. :)

Have a great time! Looking forward to your comparison of the three CLs :goodvibes.

3 more sleeps until Poly CL!!!! We are bursting with excitement. I still don't know anything about this additional FPes you can buy...can you do it for just one night? For our last day, we usually do MK during the day and EP at night. I'd love to get some Tier 1 FPes for our night at Epcot but I'm not sure how it works. Anyone want to explain it to me? I'm struggling to read all of the past posts ;)
Thanks!

3 more sleeps until Poly CL!!!! We are bursting with excitement. I still don't know anything about this additional FPes you can buy...can you do it for just one night? For our last day, we usually do MK during the day and EP at night. I'd love to get some Tier 1 FPes for our night at Epcot but I'm not sure how it works. Anyone want to explain it to me? I'm struggling to read all of the past posts ;)
Thanks!

It’s a 3 day minimum purchase meaning you would have to purchase additional fastpasses for 3 of your Park days.....

$50 per person, no tier restrictions(for example book FEA, Test track, and soarin NO ISSUES), reserved seating at nighttime show as well

Not everyone in your group has to purchase just whoever wants to utilize the fast passes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!